Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Rarity posted:

Io Shirai is Ichiban...

Suzuki-gun is Ichiban!

IO SHIRAI IS IN SUZUKI-GUN!

Checks out.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
From the Largo house show tonight:

https://twitter.com/TheEdwardBrooks/status/1103843547998904320

Yes please.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Do it WWE you cowards.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

Do it WWE you cowards.

Well the crowd did chant Wrestlemania at that faceoff.

It won't happen at WM though. If I had to take a wild stab in the dark, I would guess at the Takeover event that is supposedly happening in June. In San Jose. And if so, I would have Io or Kairi enter as NXT Women's Champion. Just for Io to turn on Kairi (after the match) and set up a heated feud between them. We get our Sky Pirates vs Boss N Hug match, and then an Io/Kairi feud.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This guy debuted last night too

https://twitter.com/GoGoACH/status/1103823338785439749

Pat is massively annoying generally but this is a good video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttiqSnstne0

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I heard Ciampa is telling friends he expects to be out for 9 months minimum. He's personally taking it as bad as you'd expect.

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1103480896089292800

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Honestly as much as I dislike the Forgotten Sons gimmick, they aren't the worst tag team I've seen in NXT and I think they have decent chemistry/moves.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

Honestly as much as I dislike the Forgotten Sons gimmick, they aren't the worst tag team I've seen in NXT and I think they have decent chemistry/moves.

Yeah, I hadn’t watched this week’s episode yet and felt bad about my earlier post afterward. The gimmick is still awful, but Cutler and Blake are trying real, real hard.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

achillesforever6 posted:

This was the first time I enjoyed them I think. As long as they keep Ryker out of the ring they're fine, but the gimmick is still awful.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Best matches I've seen from the Street Profits. Forgotten Sons too (really good tag team offense this week), but that doesn't mean I want to see them again (I like Blake OK, and Cutler's not the worst...but holy poo poo, Riker is such a black hole.)

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sons win the whole thing (since half the bracket is on the verge of being called up, and Moustache Mountain would be splitting time with NXT UK) but they'd get merked by the Raiders.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1104046012077887489

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's retirement stuff. wonder if he will eventually come to see it that way while being on the shelf but probably not.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
I’m a bit surprised they put up surgery photos.

That said, it’s an interesting look into the actual procedure. I feel like I learned a bit from looking at all the photos.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Anytime they don't post surgery photos you should assume that Brock performed the procedure hardway, with elbows.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 8, 2019

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

DoctorDelaware posted:

wouldn't be surprised to see the Sons win the whole thing
this is my nightmare

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I wish Blake was still doing the completely out of character confetti web thing for his entrance

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

I wish Blake was still doing the completely out of character confetti web thing for his entrance

with the slow-burn techno dance music

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/1104187882913386497

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Finally watching NXT and I'm surprised no one mentioned the Dijakovic/Lee segment where everyone in it called him "Dijak" instead.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/1104607105389076482

https://twitter.com/ImSteveMigs/status/1104438324960288768

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ProjectCiampa/status/1104876132300742657

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Wait, Stokely Hathaway signed to NXT?

Man, I'm really behind the loop here.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/robert-strauss-stokely-hathaway-cal-bloom-wwe-performance-center?sf209238944=1

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 11, 2019

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I don't think many people knew about it until half an hour ago

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Can't believe WWE finally signed Chuck Taylor™, incredibly cool

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Realistically I know he'll be having literal pissing contests with Drake Maverick on RAW in nine months, but Big Stokes rocks and could be a star for WWE, a new generation of manager. Hoping for the best for him. Hope he at least GETS PAID for a couple years.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Not undervaluing him as a manager, but I thought people said he would be of most value as a commentator?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wazzu posted:

Not undervaluing him as a manager, but I thought people said he would be of most value as a commentator?

I think that's more because WWE doesn't really value managers. He'd probably be fine in that role in NXT, but if he wants any role on the main roster it'd need to be in something like commentary or authority figure.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

boxcarhobo posted:

I don't think many people knew about it until half an hour ago

What was my loving finally post on here mid-January was. Yeah, only the people who needed to know knew.

Suprised fans didn't suspect. AEW didn't sign him when he's one of the best acts on the indies and extremely liked. MLW redebuted him in November and then never again appeared. He had been tweeting about WWE more and has been a bit tamer. Wasn't booked for anything at Mania weekend either.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

rovert posted:

What was my loving finally post on here mid-January was. Yeah, only the people who needed to know knew.

Suprised fans didn't suspect. AEW didn't sign him when he's one of the best acts on the indies and extremely liked. MLW redebuted him in November and then never again appeared. He had been tweeting about WWE more and has been a bit tamer. Wasn't booked for anything at Mania weekend either.

i guess stoke being like the furthest thing from a "prototypical wwe guy" would make people stop from even suspecting. I love it though, the dude is amazingly entertaining. Also got that KO shoutout last night too.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

boxcarhobo posted:

i guess stoke being like the furthest thing from a "prototypical wwe guy" would make people stop from even suspecting. I love it though, the dude is amazingly entertaining. Also got that KO shoutout last night too.

People have been pitching Stokely for effectively years now. But someone along the chain of command would say there's no space for male managers, Vince doesn't like them etc. He was under WWE's talent relations' nose when he was in EVOLVE too. What changed things was Lio Rush became a manager on Raw and did/does a good job. So then a bunch of people in NXT then said hey what's the deal if WWE can have male managers so can we. Also Stokely left EVOLVE and made positive representations to WWE independently without Gabe being the gatekeeper or whatever.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

rovert posted:

People have been pitching Stokely for effectively years now. But someone along the chain of command would say there's no space for male managers, Vince doesn't like them etc. He was under WWE's talent relations' nose when he was in EVOLVE too. What changed things was Lio Rush became a manager on Raw and did/does a good job. So then a bunch of people in NXT then said hey what's the deal if WWE can have male managers so can we. Also Stokely left EVOLVE and made positive representations to WWE independently without Gabe being the gatekeeper or whatever.

I was wondering how much lio had to do with it, i actually love him as bobby's manager.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I can't believe WWE signed Stokely just to make sure Bobby Womack Championship Wrestling never got off the ground.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
On Stokely

https://twitter.com/WWEPC/status/1105267301077655554

NXT tapes Wednesday night. One of the biggest tapings in a long time. They need to decide what they are doing with the World title. Determine what to do with Gargano, Black, and Ricochet. Bayley and Sasha might appear again. Going by Twitter exchanges it seems like they will show up on Smackdown tonight so doing the full loop makes sense. And there's all the new talent. Personally hoping Rachael Ellering makes her real NXT debut as she's a local hero at Full Sail.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The simplest solution to the world title would be Gargano/KUSHIDA for the vacant belt because it doesn't take anyone away from any established angles.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Put the belt on Dream or Adam Cole (baybay). I will also accept Keith Lee as title holder.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
It's Jeet Rama Time

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The NA belt in NXT is weird because it’s so far been exclusively held by Main event level talent instead of the midcarders it conceptually should be for. It’s in the same place the IC belt was on Raw during Brock’s reign.

Cole should be taken out of the NA picture and get the main title, and put Roderick in the NA match in his place. He’s more fitted to a midcard belt.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dacap posted:

The NA belt in NXT is weird because it’s so far been exclusively held by Main event level talent instead of the midcarders it conceptually should be for. It’s in the same place the IC belt was on Raw during Brock’s reign.

I agree with what you're saying, but you're saying it like it's a bad thing? :confused:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

It’s not necessarily a bad thing, but it’s kind of weird to have both the NXT championship and then effectively a second, better looking NXT Championship that’s been held by cooler talents. It kind of devalues the main title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gaz-L posted:

The simplest solution to the world title would be Gargano/KUSHIDA for the vacant belt because it doesn't take anyone away from any established angles.

Uh, KUSHIDA has to learn how to work properly on the Florida house show loop first, thank you very much.