Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I was so ready for Scarlet to be the new Milk, all delusion and little substance, but drat I was super impressed by her this ep. Her role could have been soooo annoying and I was ready for her to suck. And her runway was on of my favorites; her and Vanjie were top looks for me this week.

Ariel looked so cute on the runway but that's about all there is to say about her.
Rajah lost me with the 'I'm pretty you're ugly so shut up' loving gross rear end bullshit. Bye.
I'm interested in more Mercedes for sure. Her makeup is super gorgeous, and I was sooo stunned at that lip sync after she told everyone about the stroke.

They were right about Kahanna. Not ready. I'd be interested to see her on All Stars in five years or so. That runway was particularly bad though, yeeesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Vanjie’s timing is loving masterful.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Eej posted:

Yvie sticking up for Silky is like the biggest negative for me actually liking her

Mercedes turning it out for the lipsync is definitely :unsmith: moment of the season already

You can dislike the person she was sticking up for while still appreciating the message. "Don't be shady about someone to Ru if it's not something you're willing to say to the person's face" seems like a pretty stance to me.

My views on each queen have switched from pre-show media to show-edit. I thought Silky would be a loud good time, and thought Yvie would just be conspicuously loud and weird for the sake of being weird. I like a weird queen with a heart, though!

edit: Also surprised at how much I'm enjoying A'Keria. Not blowing me away in challenges or looks yet, but she's got a real warmth to her.

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 9, 2019

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I appreciate that they decided to take the filter off of Ru's wigline and just applied it to her entire body in the close-ups instead.

100ing the Vanjie love. Even the wrong choices she made with the voices floored me.

Also after all the talk about Snatch Game candidates I've finally come to the conclusion that I will never be fully satisfied with RuPaul's Drag Race until someone pays tribute to Susan Tyrell in The Forbidden Zone.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

big dyke energy posted:

Rajah lost me with the 'I'm pretty you're ugly so shut up' loving gross rear end bullshit. Bye.

Same :( that was a bad look.

Vanjie was such a delight this ep. I was worried after the first ep that the show was going to give us Vanjie overload this season, but as other people have pointed out itt, she seems to be pretty great at self-moderating. Her runway made me gasp :3: where were all the other zodiac signs tho? I’m guessing the queens had to do their own sign, but it wasted the theme imo.

Late/brief DRT thoughts:
Excited to have Kana and Kandy back next ep! Especially Kandy, she went way too early.
I haven’t been particularly impressed by Srimala this season, but the moment her character peered back around the signboard during her snatch game of love entrance seriously cracked me up. I kinda love her now.
And holy poo poo at the judges’ looks this week :eyepop: RPDR could never.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Seriously, either host's looks in any given episode have more variety than Ru shows in a season.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Toast Museum posted:

Seriously, either host's looks in any given episode have more variety than Ru shows in a season.

Drag Race Thailand judging is a loving event and everyone brings their a game.

And I'm in love with how Panpan and Art care for their girls and spend time with them and cheer them and want them to be good, god drat it.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Not sure what's more unexpected: the Get Out parody unironically being funny or the Ra'jah/Yvie feud.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Yeah this was an unexpectedly solid RPDR episode in a way that the acting challenge episodes have not been for me for many seasons. Even having the ending spoiled (Twitter you fucker) didn't make it less enjoyable.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The bad writing is less glaring when there's a ton of roles, and having two big groups of queens means more chance of it being entertainting on many different levels of quality imo

Having the scripted challenges late is bad. They should go back to the top 3/4 doing a small acting bit for the music video imo.

I miss Ru slapping the finalists every year ;-;

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Vanjie's first dorky HALLO HALLO HALLO hit me in such a way that it made me laugh until I could not breathe, and then Silky turning "that fan won't stop us" into "that fan ain't gonna do poo poo" did it all over again.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I'm still thinking about "I'm a cool dad"

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
SMH, nobody mentioning "Guantamano Bay"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihT0ZG2STpE

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 9, 2019

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

this untucked is a big loving yikes on this skinny bitches talk

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
it's a thing though, and also incredibly rough on anyone with an eating disorder

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea and they were 100% right to call her out on acting like big queens never break a certain point. Bringing up Latrice being the major star of the season even if she didn't win was totally fair. I'm a big gay guy, I fully agree we have issue in the community with people being lovely to big folks, but A) 'skinny bitches' is also a lovely way to talk about someone, you don't know them you don't know if they're skinny because of a disorder or if they just don't eat as much cake as you, either way maybe don't be a dick to them about their bodies either, and B) I'd argue drag is a place in the community where that issue is actually on the lesser side so trying to make Drag Race your big stand is a lil rich.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I mean, I feel like if a big girl wants to use "skinny bitch" as a clapback when someone calls her a fat bitch or we that seems like fair play but yeah I think that was a really good and respectful convo about the value of applying slurs to yourself as a form of empowerment vs directing it outward at others.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

sexpig by night posted:

yea and they were 100% right to call her out on acting like big queens never break a certain point. Bringing up Latrice being the major star of the season even if she didn't win was totally fair. I'm a big gay guy, I fully agree we have issue in the community with people being lovely to big folks, but A) 'skinny bitches' is also a lovely way to talk about someone, you don't know them you don't know if they're skinny because of a disorder or if they just don't eat as much cake as you, either way maybe don't be a dick to them about their bodies either, and B) I'd argue drag is a place in the community where that issue is actually on the lesser side so trying to make Drag Race your big stand is a lil rich.

I agree with this, it just caught me off guard

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I don't know who else is watching this season on VH1 after the fact or if everyone gets the same commercials, but my ad blocker isn't blocking any of the commercials this time, and there was an absolutely INSANE Army commercial that aired during this week's episode.

It was 30 seconds of various people incessantly firing guns and literally calling in airstrikes on apartment buildings and I have SO many questions about how this ad happened.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I've admired Scarlet via instagram for a while now so I was a bit nervous on how she'd fare after seeing episode 1... I'm glad she made the other girls eat it. Ugh she is so beautiful (& out of drag :swoon:). I love a keen bitch.

The scripts were bizarre poo poo (as usual) but this cast actually made them funny as poo poo. Ariel bombed (sorry but I even hated her runway from the neck down) & Brooke gave me Kameron Michaels in Breastworld... but everyone else was hilarious. Both Vangie and Plastique made me wheeze... but Nina really held it down as a solid performer.

The runway was amazing. 3 Leos! I'm so disappointed in that Scorpio look tho, what the gently caress? I mean I kind of understand where the body suit was going, but you couldn't whip up a fat braid sculpted into a stinger? That was an unfortunate missed opportunity.

Kahana wasn't ready at all for this. Mercedes obliterated her.

My entire household is now saying OPPALANZ, You. Earn. Everything.

Aerox posted:

... there was an absolutely INSANE Army commercial that aired during this week's episode.

It was 30 seconds of various people incessantly firing guns and literally calling in airstrikes on apartment buildings and I have SO many questions about how this ad happened.
:stare:

Okay I'm just now watching Untucked and seeing the zodiacs signs arguing backstage is a mood.

Also Bobby Moynihan is adorable.

resting mitch face fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Mar 9, 2019

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Incredibly problematic episode

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
:allears:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Now I might just be a simple country lawyer but Scarlet just looks like a dude in a wig in and out of drag

Also teetering on the edge of being Milk

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Yvie is good, scarlet is dumb, and silky is way more calculated than anybody realized.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Wanna give both scripts a gold star based solely on the fact that neither of them ended in a food fight.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Eej posted:

it's a thing though

Yeah. I worked in a leather/bear bar for a year and a half, expected attire for workers was at least taking your shirt off. I could not go a single week without some stranger making a lovely comment on me being too skinny/how I needed to each a cheeseburger. Some real piece of poo poo once told me that it must hurt to gently caress me because I was so boney. Not to get all “woe is me” but it was basically impossible not to internalize that poo poo and it massively hosed up my body image for a lot of my 20’s.

So maybe everyone should just try and refrain from making comments like that, either direction.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

resting mitch face posted:

My entire household is now saying OPPALANZ, You. Earn. Everything.

I'm amazed how quickly I started saying it

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Man, Scarlet is annoying as poo poo and her acting was trash. Goddamn, how the hell did she even make it to the top here? The bubbles most likely saved her I guess.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Vintersorg posted:

Man, Scarlet is annoying as poo poo and her acting was trash. Goddamn, how the hell did she even make it to the top here? The bubbles most likely saved her I guess.

Really? I thought she did great in the challenge.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Kahanna just put out a music video and the production value is better than some of Ru's, drat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkGYmUCLO1A

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Whalley posted:

Yikes.

There's a rumor that Silky sexually assaulted someone at a bar. Apparently there's tapes of whatever went down, but there's no explicit names being said and no further comments yet - some people on twitter/reddit are suggesting it's because there's an active investigation underway and folks involved aren't allowed to talk about it.

this is a new low for Drag Race if the smoke has fire with it, I know Tyra did some awful poo poo but nothing on this level

they're going to X Silky out of the Drag Race footage like the WWE did with Chris Benoit

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ironic Twist posted:

this is a new low for Drag Race if the smoke has fire with it, I know Tyra did some awful poo poo but nothing on this level

they're going to X Silky out of the Drag Race footage like the WWE did with Chris Benoit

Not a new low at all, Mimi Imfurst had sexual misconduct allegations a while back.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

esperterra posted:

Not a new low at all, Mimi Imfurst had sexual misconduct allegations a while back.

Oh

Ew

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

drag is not a contact sport

unless you gwt super excited to wreck someones lipsync / see miley cyrus

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

the escape goat posted:

Kahanna just put out a music video and the production value is better than some of Ru's, drat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkGYmUCLO1A

this is a bop. the video is great too; loved all those cameos. do your thing Kahanna.

Flossie
Nov 8, 2008
I thought the double win was justified and I sort of like Scarlet Envy. I'm hoping she's going to have a rudemption arc of becoming nicer over the season and doesn't turn out to be another milk. I am completely turned off from Raja'h with her "I'm better than you because I'm prettier" and the refusing to accept an apology just to generate drama for the attention. Ugh.

Mercedes pulled off the most shocking LFYL performance since Trinity K Bonet in season 6. I wasn't expecting her to turn it out like she did, it was fierce.

I wasn't initially enthused for this season after episode 1 but I like that last episode a lot and I'm really rooting for Yvie now. She's unique and talented and seems to have a good heart. I think a bit more polish in the execution of her conceptional ideas and her runways would be really fantastic.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Flossie posted:

I am completely turned off from Raja'h with her "I'm better than you because I'm prettier" and the refusing to accept an apology just to generate drama for the attention. Ugh.

Yeah, that was really gross. All it did is cement in my mind that she needs to go home soon. I can't even remember who she was arguing with, her response to it was just, ew.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I googled the Silky assault stuff since I keep seeing it posted about but nobody posted any info. I found this. Really gross.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Silky has already demonstrated that she has zero respect for people’s personal space so it unfortunately doesn’t seem too unbelievable, ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Daaaaaaaamn, DRT ep 9 was incredible.

Panpan sniffling into her mic at the end there was a big mood.