Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bert of the Forest
Apr 27, 2013

Shucks folks, I'm speechless. Hawf Hawf Hawf!
Does this count? Incidentally I never noticed how Jasmine here had the hots for Stitch. What a weird ad campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Sort of, but that's not a lovely, cheap comedy I don't think. Weren't there a ton of cheap, dumb rom-coms that employed the red text on white background thing? Like What's Your Number? with Chris Evans that the studio pushed hard once he was Captain America and stuff?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

I always wonder how much this movie alone is integral to keeping the White Castle chain alive, and expanding.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I always wonder how much this movie alone is integral to keeping the White Castle chain alive, and expanding.

I don't think I'd even heard of White Castle before the movie. I've still never actually seen one in person. I see their microwavable sliders at the grocery store though and occasionally think of buying one to see what they're like.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I think you can thank marijuana and income inequality for that

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

I don't think I'd even heard of White Castle before the movie. I've still never actually seen one in person. I see their microwavable sliders at the grocery store though and occasionally think of buying one to see what they're like.

if you like soggy sadness, then go for it!

I assume they are better freshly made from the actual White Castle locations, because the microwavable ones are super gross.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I could be wrong, but I feel like the red text on white background for comedies started with American Pie.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

if you like soggy sadness, then go for it!

I assume they are better freshly made from the actual White Castle locations, because the microwavable ones are super gross.

Here’s the thing, they’re not. that’s just how they taste

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

true story: White Castle has begun selling Impossible sliders

because even vegans smoke too much pot and lose all sense of what tastes good

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

lot of people in this thread have never been shithouse drunk and looking for a place to sit at 2AM.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want to be home by that point.

Although eating breakfast food at 4 in the morning is :discourse:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fart City posted:

lot of people in this thread have never been shithouse drunk and looking for a place to sit at 2AM.

Uber really ruined everything, didn't they.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Fart City posted:

One of life's little pleasures, Denny's and Zippy's just aren't the same.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Fart City posted:

The Western States have In-N-Out. :smug:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

If you ever go to Vegas there's an In-N-Out and a White Castle within a couple blocks from each other and that's how you can hit your complaint quota by yelling about limp fries and wondering why the main attribute of White Castle burgers is sogginess.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ironheart, Kamala Khan and America Chavez in one movie? If you thought Captain Marvel was bringing out the chud idiots, wait until they get a load of this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's been surprisingly little hullabaloo about the Marvel Rising series since its original announcement. Probably because it's a pretty low-profile series.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
It's weird because it seems like a deliberate attempt to be inclusive but rebooting a 30 year old show about He-Man's cousin or whoever She-Ra is, had people making GBS threads their pants.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Marvel's TV animation lately have been pretty tepid. I don't think many even noticed they cancelled Ultimate Spider-Man and replaced it with a new Spider-Man cartoon.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm glad they've finally given Iron Heart her own distinctive costume. She isn't just small Iron Man anymore.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Shoehead posted:

It's weird because it seems like a deliberate attempt to be inclusive but rebooting a 30 year old show about He-Man's cousin or whoever She-Ra is, had people making GBS threads their pants.

And it's all the sweeter because the new She-Ra cartoon is really good.

Every CHUD frothing at the mouth because a woman is on screen fills me with light.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
like all marvel stuff it looks Bad but if it hurts the precious sensibilities of misogynistic nerds then v cool

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Shoehead posted:

With the masters of the universe thing, chuds were specifically complaining about art-direction. Behind the mask of grousing about "social justice warriors" or "cultural marxism" or whatever, chuds are mostly just bog-standard nerds and pedants whose reaction against this perceived ideological agenda is mostly a front for legitimizing their identity as consumers.

So, yeah, there's relatively little hullabaloo about marvel rising, but there were also, like, no hour-long video rants being made about DC superhero girls. In order to feel motivated, chuds need memes to tell them that something is popular enough to be upset about, and it further needs to be relevant to what they see as the "right" way of doing something born out of how they experienced it as a child.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

"Graphic... Full of sex and anatomy" is all I need to hear. Very to the point.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

This seems like a weird direction for Paradox to go.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jedit posted:

Ironheart, Kamala Khan and America Chavez in one movie? If you thought Captain Marvel was bringing out the chud idiots, wait until they get a load of this.

And they're all Dreamworks-facing, too.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The MSJ posted:

Marvel's TV animation lately have been pretty tepid. I don't think many even noticed they cancelled Ultimate Spider-Man and replaced it with a new Spider-Man cartoon.

That's cause Spider-Man reboots happen only slightly less often than leap years.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Doesn't Dreamworks Face require one raised eyebrow?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's called smiling.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There aren't any DreamWorks faces or T&A poses. Not that bad honestly. Though it seems weird that Riri is front and centre with a pose that could stand to be a lot more dynamic.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's called smiling.

Uh, actually, I have it on good authority that smiling looks like this:

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Lobok posted:

There aren't any DreamWorks faces or T&A poses. Not that bad honestly. Though it seems weird that Riri is front and centre with a pose that could stand to be a lot more dynamic.
Only problem with the poster is that all the characters aren’t Squirrel Girl.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pascallion posted:

Only problem with the poster is that all the characters aren’t Squirrel Girl.

Also Chipmunk Hunk and Koi Boi and Nancy.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

I just love how loving JAZZED that guy is to have an axe.

Jedit posted:

Plus they don't look like they're sexualised (which is a relief. Aren't those characters basically still underage girls?). I'm sure some nerds will have their masculinity thoroughly attacked.

K. Waste posted:

With the masters of the universe thing, chuds were specifically complaining about art-direction. Behind the mask of grousing about "social justice warriors" or "cultural marxism" or whatever, chuds are mostly just bog-standard nerds and pedants whose reaction against this perceived ideological agenda is mostly a front for legitimizing their identity as consumers.

Yes, that is EXACTLY what they're whinging about, and totally not

https://twitter.com/TribalSpaceman/status/1018249686577184768

that they can't

https://twitter.com/Daddy_Warpig/status/1018336351203151872

rub one out to a kid's cartoon

https://twitter.com/Daddy_Warpig/status/1018331812857180160

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Do you know what the Dreamworks Face actually is?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
They're not doing the Dreamworks thing but, aside from Dorris, every single one of them has the same face

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Vagabundo posted:

Yes, that is EXACTLY what they're whinging about, and totally not that they can't rub one out to a kid's cartoon

I at no point claimed that chuds aren't perverts.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Remember when they called a female version of David Hogg hot

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

CelticPredator posted:

Remember when they called a female version of David Hogg hot

What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Almost Blue posted:

What the gently caress

They photoshopped him to look like a girl and then starting writing about how pretty it was