Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Kaguya researching the birds and the bees only to end up developing a taste for dirty jokes is just perfect in how it undercuts her oujo-sama aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

a kitten posted:

I didn't expect the academy award for Best Nonchalant Whistle to be wrapped up so soon, but here we are

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
As a fellow can barely whistler I know the feeling

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Being Ishigami is suffering

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

ViggyNash posted:

Being Ishigami is suffering

He's got Nice Guy vibes to him but I think he's got a point that if you have a relationship you really should make time for their emotional needs.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Raenir Salazar posted:

He's got Nice Guy vibes to him but I think he's got a point that if you have a relationship you really should make time for their emotional needs.

It feels like its the 'have a girlfriend and waste it by not doing anything romantic with them' thing is why he hates the sports teams.

He knows that he is probably never gonna have a girlfriend, so to see someone waste such a precious relationship is infuriating to him.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Is... is this a meatspin reference

e: ishigami’s VA performance was like twice as good as the last ep

fairlight fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 25, 2019

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/02/24-1/kaguya-sama-love-is-war-anime-needs-part-time-butler-who-can-serves-for-its-main-heroine

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Making a fan a butler for a day?

How cute.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Viridiant posted:

Making a fan a butler for a day?

How cute.
That user AV / Post combo. :mmmhmm:

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Pharohman777 posted:

It feels like its the 'have a girlfriend and waste it by not doing anything romantic with them' thing is why he hates the sports teams.

He knows that he is probably never gonna have a girlfriend, so to see someone waste such a precious relationship is infuriating to him.

Ishigami is a character who'd be insufferable in a worse written show.

He feels like an isekai protagonist who never dies and goes to another world

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

fairlight posted:

Is... is this a meatspin reference

e: ishigami’s VA performance was like twice as good as the last ep

It could very well be. The manga can be kind of meméy at times, and it feels appropriate that the anime follows suit on that regard.

And yes, Ishigami's VA is very good in this ep.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Man Kaguya sounds like Aqua when throwing a big temper tantrum.

Edit: Why is nobody posting the episode's out.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 2, 2019

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

A good Kaguya face

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:swoon: She has the same scary eyes! :swoon:

Kaguya knows what she likes

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

For some reason the anime makes Kaguya's cute side a lot more obvious for me, I'm not sure if it's because her voice changes or the animation makes it clearer.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Standout moment from this episode for me was Shirogane just losing his poo poo in celebration

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Dabir posted:

A good Kaguya face

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Tir McDohl posted:

Standout moment from this episode for me was Shirogane just losing his poo poo in celebration

Shirogane shadowboxing like a madman after winning and Kaguya literally stamping her foot like a child are the reasons why this chapter is tied for my favorite chapter of Kaguya, along with the Wiener chapter.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

This show is great and my only complaint so far is the narrator explaining too many of the jokes.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Captain Cappy posted:

This show is great and my only complaint so far is the narrator explaining too many of the jokes.

I think it was funny when the narrator chewed the scenery with Ishigami lying about studying though.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think it was funny when the narrator chewed the scenery with Ishigami lying about studying though.

The narrator has definitely gotten a laugh or two out of me, no doubt. I just want him to shut up during some of the scenes.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I'm disappointed that the narrator was so subdued during the "They were lying" story. When I read it originally in the manga I mentally heard the narrator getting more and more intense as it repeated itself and I was looking forward to seeing how intense they would get.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I think the problem was the timing and storyboarding: I would have cut/zoomed-in to the intense closeup and THEN have the narrator declare, 'THAT WAS A LIE.'

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Bless Chika and her terrible whistling.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Can Of Worms posted:

I'm disappointed that the narrator was so subdued during the "They were lying" story. When I read it originally in the manga I mentally heard the narrator getting more and more intense as it repeated itself and I was looking forward to seeing how intense they would get.

Yeah I agree, I imagined it my head as basically shouting every "BUT THAT WAS A LIE!"

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

CuddlyZombie posted:

Yeah I agree, I imagined it my head as basically shouting every "BUT THAT WAS A LIE!"

Except for the Chika part because she's telling the truth.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Dabir posted:

A good Kaguya face

But they're all good!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOaDQ93kM5U

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Agreed that narrator is at his best when he's chewing the scenery.

Laughed at Kaguya threatening fire and brimstone unto Fujiwara's nth generation.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/araremode/status/1102106285187653632

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

New episode is out, featuring everyone's favourite: Fujiwara being a chaos elemental

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Filthy cheater.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Hayasaka sounded so disappointed that nothing happened. Lmao

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Mulderman posted:

Filthy cheater.

Get called out for cheating. Immediately cheat again in a different way. The stones on this girl.

Truly the daughter of a politician. :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Hayasaka sounded so disappointed that nothing happened. Lmao
Who is this Hayasaka you speak of? I can't remember anyone who goes by that name. :v:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Mulderman posted:

Filthy cheater.

Lot's of good Fujifaces this episode. :allears: For shame Fujiwara, you filthy cheater! And on top of cheating, you get caught and deservedly shamed too! That is the worst kind of humiliation!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Chika turned into a Kakegurui character for a minute there.

Actually I want to believe the glowing red eyes were an intentional reference

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Kaguya's showing off those natural assassin skills there.

Also, hazu hazu hazu hazu hazu hazu hazu hazu...