Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Lunethex posted:

If they add more Ghost Survivors I'm just going to echo that Marvin really deserves one. Maybe escapes with Leon and Claire and the final vignette is of him in a hospital bed giving a thumbs up. Maybe even a future shot of him in the BSAA :unsmith:

....:smithicide:
Happier ending:

"Oh no, my captain who likes to dress up like me because we look so much alike has been bitten by a zombie in the exact same place as me! I better set him down right here and go find help!"
*Escapes to hospital where he and Carlos cook up a batch of T-virus antiviral agent*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I just started RE2Make, I haven't played any RE since 4 and I have a really dumb question: I remember barely ever shooting stuff in 4, I basically just ran around like an idiot and only used bullets when I had to. 2 feels like the exact same setup, since the default zombies take absurd amounts of damage, but I also feel like the early parts of the police station practically demand that you shoot 75% of the zombies you see, since they're either blocking a narrow hallway or located centrally in a room that I want to explore, and their grab is hard enough to dodge that I get super-nervous leaving a live zombie anywhere near me.

So what's the recommended general approach? Should I expect to spend most of the game exploring rooms while zombies awkwardly lurch towards me, or should I be free-er with ammo and explicitly clear out the spots I'm scavenging? (This was particularly prompted by my first trip to the west side of the police station after the taped box- there are like 3-5 sleeping guys sitting right where I need to go, but there's no way I'm expected to blow 10-20 ammo clearing them all out.)

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I really like the ending for Forgotten Soldier as a tongue-in-cheek way of explaining how Ada escaped and got a sample of the G Virus

Other than Marvin who else is a potential candidate for Ghost Survivors? Since Ben is kinda covered in Runaway, it's pretty much just Elliott otherwise right?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Omi no Kami posted:

I just started RE2Make, I haven't played any RE since 4 and I have a really dumb question: I remember barely ever shooting stuff in 4, I basically just ran around like an idiot and only used bullets when I had to. 2 feels like the exact same setup, since the default zombies take absurd amounts of damage, but I also feel like the early parts of the police station practically demand that you shoot 75% of the zombies you see, since they're either blocking a narrow hallway or located centrally in a room that I want to explore, and their grab is hard enough to dodge that I get super-nervous leaving a live zombie anywhere near me.

So what's the recommended general approach? Should I expect to spend most of the game exploring rooms while zombies awkwardly lurch towards me, or should I be free-er with ammo and explicitly clear out the spots I'm scavenging? (This was particularly prompted by my first trip to the west side of the police station after the taped box- there are like 3-5 sleeping guys sitting right where I need to go, but there's no way I'm expected to blow 10-20 ammo clearing them all out.)

Similar to REmake 1, you should kill zombies that are too difficult to avoid or zombies that inhabit rooms / hallways you will be using be visiting often.

Dont worry though, you can return to RPD when you are better equipped if you want to explore. You can do it the first time but it requires some knowledge where everything generally is.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Omi no Kami posted:

1. You're right that zombie grabs are very tough to dodge. Unless you deliberately bait out a lunge, which is harder than it looks, if you're in their path, you will get grabbed.

2. Zombies have set HP, but it's hard to know if they're actually dead. The only guaranteed way to kill them is decapitation with the shotgun or a lucky critical headshot.

3. You can make zombies in key areas much more manageable if you shoot off one or both of their legs. This might take a bit of ammo, but it's worth it in certain areas. The west hallway, the big hallway outside the darkroom, the library, are primary locations to take your time to thin out the zombie population. Zombies without a leg have to crawl so you can run by them easily. However they can still jump up at you if they're close enough. If a zombie is on the ground, you can knife its legs off.

4. If you shoot a zombie a few times in the head or leg it gets stunned. The stun lasts a few seconds, long enough for you to run past. One problem with new players is that they think you either need to put a zombie down for good (wastes all your ammo) or run without shooting (inevitably get bit.) A few bullets to make a zombie pause can let you move on if you need to get past them.

5. There are several sleeping zombies that will ONLY get up if you attack them. I would be very wary about shooting every zombie you see unless you have a shotgun to take them out permanently. If they aren't currently a threat, let sleeping dogs lie.

6. Since you're new to the game, you're gonna get bit a lot, you're gonna waste ammo, and you're gonna get frustrated. We've all been there. I would make multiple saves so you don't feel like you're stuck. I would also try "exploring" – loading a save and using all your ammo and herbs just to keep going and check out what's out there, and then loading up your save when you know what you want to go for. It's a lot easier to make progress when you know what it's important and what you can skip.

7. Board up as many windows as you can. This is your first playthrough, it's what they're there for.

8. In the library, you can move multiple stacks at once. Move the left two to the right, and move the rightmost stack to the left. You can't solve the puzzle yet, but trust me.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

1. You're right that zombie grabs are very tough to dodge. Unless you deliberately bait out a lunge, which is harder than it looks, if you're in their path, you will get grabbed.

2. Zombies have set HP, but it's hard to know if they're actually dead. The only guaranteed way to kill them is decapitation with the shotgun or a lucky critical headshot.

3. You can make zombies in key areas much more manageable if you shoot off one or both of their legs. This might take a bit of ammo, but it's worth it in certain areas. The west hallway, the big hallway outside the darkroom, the library, are primary locations to take your time to thin out the zombie population. Zombies without a leg have to crawl so you can run by them easily. However they can still jump up at you if they're close enough. If a zombie is on the ground, you can knife its legs off.

4. If you shoot a zombie a few times in the head or leg it gets stunned. The stun lasts a few seconds, long enough for you to run past. One problem with new players is that they think you either need to put a zombie down for good (wastes all your ammo) or run without shooting (inevitably get bit.) A few bullets to make a zombie pause can let you move on if you need to get past them.

5. There are several sleeping zombies that will ONLY get up if you attack them. I would be very wary about shooting every zombie you see unless you have a shotgun to take them out permanently. If they aren't currently a threat, let sleeping dogs lie.

6. Since you're new to the game, you're gonna get bit a lot, you're gonna waste ammo, and you're gonna get frustrated. We've all been there. I would make multiple saves so you don't feel like you're stuck. I would also try "exploring" – loading a save and using all your ammo and herbs just to keep going and check out what's out there, and then loading up your save when you know what you want to go for. It's a lot easier to make progress when you know what it's important and what you can skip.

7. Board up as many windows as you can. This is your first playthrough, it's what they're there for.

8. In the library, you can move multiple stacks at once. Move the left two to the right, and move the rightmost stack to the left. You can't solve the puzzle yet, but trust me.

This is all super useful, thank you!! In particular, I think I've been playing too much Dark Souls because I've been explicitly knife testing + murdering every single body I see, on the theory that if it looks harmless it is 100% intended for me to walk past and forget about until an ambush becomes particularly inconvenient/funny.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

DeadButDelicious posted:

I really like the ending for Forgotten Soldier as a tongue-in-cheek way of explaining how Ada escaped and got a sample of the G Virus

Other than Marvin who else is a potential candidate for Ghost Survivors? Since Ben is kinda covered in Runaway, it's pretty much just Elliott otherwise right?

Truck Driver scenario when, Capcom?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

DeadButDelicious posted:

I had the thought just now that you could do a scenario like "Little Miss" in Revelations 2 with Emma Kendo, who escapes infection and has to make a stealth run to the police station. Her ending could be meeting Claire.

Other than that, there's Elliot, David Ford (the cop who writes the file on the 3rd floor about how Lickers are blind), the trucker from the start of the game, whoever the hell was in that helicopter that crashed, the rest of Hunk's team (as with Ghost, all you'd need to do is stick a new head on Hunk), Annette, Brian Irons, and maybe that guy Wayne Li who you get the first ID chip from.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

it's not always a bad idea to use the knife on sleeping zombies, so I get where you're coming from.

Like there's a sleeping zombie outside the door to the west office, by the fat zombie banging on the vending machine. He'll definitely wake up, and that hallway gets SUPER crowded, so knifing his legs a bit is worth it.

In the library, most of the zombies won't bother you until they get disturbed or you use the ladder. It's the wandering female zombie who is trouble.

The RPD is the most exciting and tense part of the game. There's so much going on and so much to explore. I love the whole game, but it gets a little more linear and manageable after you leave the police station. The RPD is like Central Yharnam.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Wanderer posted:

I had the thought just now that you could do a scenario like "Little Miss" in Revelations 2 with Emma Kendo, who escapes infection and has to make a stealth run to the police station. Her ending could be meeting Claire.

That would actually be super cool and I'd be down for that.

Wanderer posted:

Other than that, there's Elliot, David Ford (the cop who writes the file on the 3rd floor about how Lickers are blind), the trucker from the start of the game, whoever the hell was in that helicopter that crashed, the rest of Hunk's team (as with Ghost, all you'd need to do is stick a new head on Hunk), Annette, Brian Irons, and maybe that guy Wayne Li who you get the first ID chip from.

In my head, the criteria for a ghost survivor is someone who has a unique model (kinda iffy with Ghost since yeah he's Hunk with a new head). I'd forgotten about the trucker at the start, somehow, as well as mentally checking off Emma under the No Time To Mourn scenario. Although they did make Paleheads as a new model so it's not outside of their scope to do so, you're right. You could also have Director Cartwright in a "run around NEST terminals to erase all data and proof of wrongdoing" situation.

E: Also the wiki is calling the G-Virus the "Golgotha Virus" and I'm like where the gently caress did that name come from?

DeadButDelicious fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Mar 10, 2019

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Wanderer posted:

Like I said, in the original RE2, David's memos were about giving up hope and getting drunk. Put a visual filter and weapon sway in the event he gets a Ghost Survivor level and just drunkenly blast lickers and pick up flasks of booze to try and keep the reticle more manageable.

You could do any sort of 'random' cop/civilian too. I guess it'd be less fun than a known person. They could even 'clean up' one of the more unique zombie models like 'tank top and short-shorts' zombie or 'pajama man' zombie.

Or even put in Rita. She's named as an officer but never seen, and in Outbreak 2 she escaped.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Doing a bit of experimenting on Leon B, I was surprised by how much of the station you can do before triggering Mr X given I blundered into him almost immediately on Claire B. It's still sooner than you meet him on the A scenario, but if you're willing to avoid the STARS hallway you only trigger him when going for the battery / maiden medallion, and by that point you can also have the STARS badge and get straight into the weapons locker.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Party Boat posted:

Doing a bit of experimenting on Leon B, I was surprised by how much of the station you can do before triggering Mr X given I blundered into him almost immediately on Claire B. It's still sooner than you meet him on the A scenario, but if you're willing to avoid the STARS hallway you only trigger him when going for the battery / maiden medallion, and by that point you can also have the STARS badge and get straight into the weapons locker.

I remember my head exploding when I saw someone go get the badge before they went to the STARS office.

You can make it such a nice clean route, you get the badge and keycard, get the shotgun from the locker, get the magnum/bomb, head upstairs, get the unicorn and maiden medallion, then go get the lion and you're off. It's very pleasing.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Party Boat posted:

Yeah, thats what I end up doing on repeated playthroughs. I made the mistake of triggering him early on my first 2nd scenario and it was hell

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Any gun nerds reading this thread: Leon's Matilda / HP-70 description mentions: "problems that make it impractical for the general public."

What is it talking about? It's the only weapon in the game whose description hints it is flawed.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Contingency Plan posted:

Any gun nerds reading this thread: Leon's Matilda / HP-70 description mentions: "problems that make it impractical for the general public."

What is it talking about? It's the only weapon in the game whose description hints it is flawed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEMTx5MNqk4

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Contingency Plan posted:

It's based off of the H&K VP70M, which doesn't have a safety and has a notoriously heavy trigger pull. The only reason Leon has one is because some gun nerd on the RE staff decided to give him a relatively rare firearm. It's a really weird choice for an EDC weapon.

LadyPictureShow posted:

You could do any sort of 'random' cop/civilian too. I guess it'd be less fun than a known person. They could even 'clean up' one of the more unique zombie models like 'tank top and short-shorts' zombie or 'pajama man' zombie.

I found out the other week that "tank top and short-shorts" zombie has been nicknamed "Misty" by the RE fan community for years.

I'd actually be super down for Ghost Survivors that are literally just specific zombies from around the station.

DeadButDelicious posted:

E: Also the wiki is calling the G-Virus the "Golgotha Virus" and I'm like where the gently caress did that name come from?

I knew exactly who put that there the moment I went to look.

There's this guy in the RE fan community with the handle "News Bot" who's been on this quiet crusade for years to try to get Capcom to fix its translation department, because if you read Japanese, you can figure out that the old games have a lot of mistakes, typos, and occasional outright inventions by whoever was doing their localization. It's never been that bad overall, but it's not arguing over how to spell "Aeris" either; the RE translators have gotten names and dates wrong, and occasionally just made stuff up.

Capcom's also fairly notorious for letting background information slip in books, magazines, or interviews that never get translated, so you can actually fill in a lot of details in the setting and storyline if you go hunting through old Japanese publications and guides. News Bot is big into hunting for that kind of thing and updating wikis with it. He's in the comments on the wiki's G-Virus page saying that apparently the guy who directed RE3 said "G" was meant to stand for "Golgotha."

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Contingency Plan posted:

I think it's just an awkward way of saying it was a commercial failure.

There's nothing dangerously wrong with it, there's just a lot of elements that are only semi-excusable with its original intended role as a law enforcement handgun with the capability to accept a shoulder stock that also gives it a three round burst. Despite being the first polymer framed pistol, it's surprisingly heavy, very large, has a very poor trigger pull, and doesn't shoot particularly nice because of its operating mechanism. So there's very little reason to buy one as a civilian shooter since all guns sold to the public (as the VP70Z) are specifically incapable of attaching the stock.

The no-safety thing Wanderer mentioned is mitigated by the heavy trigger pull, so that's not really much an issue. But they are right in that it's a really silly gun nerd choice since by the date of the game the pistol's already 28 years old, was already out of production for nine years, and nobody ever adopted it in the first place because the three round burst had way too high a rate of fire to be usable. It being Leon's personal weapon and not a presumably issue one like in the original game makes it all the more goofy.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

It was also the sidearm in Aliens

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Wanderer posted:

I found out the other week that "tank top and short-shorts" zombie has been nicknamed "Misty" by the RE fan community for years.

I'd actually be super down for Ghost Survivors that are literally just specific zombies from around the station.

I'm wondering if that model got nicknamed Misty by fans because the outfit was reminiscent of Misty in the Pokémon cartoon? I think that show and RE2 came out around the same time.

I dunno how hard it would be to implement with how the movement/aiming in this game is, but instead of just variety zombies, something like panicked survivor as an 'enemy type' could be an interesting tweak.

Will they try to steal an item from you? Attack you with a weapon of some kind? Bar you from accessing a faster path if you don't take them down which forces you to fight through a more dangerous path? Start screaming which attracts more zombies into nearby rooms? Or will they chill if you clear the room and give you a helpful item? Do you kneecap them to distract enemies?

That would probably be a complete pain to randomize though. Plus players would probably just kneecap them all just to be safe.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Happier ending:

"Oh no, my captain who likes to dress up like me because we look so much alike has been bitten by a zombie in the exact same place as me! I better set him down right here and go find help!"
*Escapes to hospital where he and Carlos cook up a batch of T-virus antiviral agent*

Plot twist, to mess with Leon on his first day, Marvin had his twin brother Martin come to the station and dress up in one of his spare uniforms.

Marvin escaped to get help after Martin was wounded, but he's so committed to a good practical joke, he never tells Leon the truth.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Mar 10, 2019

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Whenever someone suggests human enemies I get ORC flashbacks.

And I havent even played ORC personally

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Wanderer posted:

There's this guy in the RE fan community with the handle "News Bot" who's been on this quiet crusade for years to try to get Capcom to fix its translation department, because if you read Japanese, you can figure out that the old games have a lot of mistakes, typos, and occasional outright inventions by whoever was doing their localization. It's never been that bad overall, but it's not arguing over how to spell "Aeris" either; the RE translators have gotten names and dates wrong, and occasionally just made stuff up.

Capcom's also fairly notorious for letting background information slip in books, magazines, or interviews that never get translated, so you can actually fill in a lot of details in the setting and storyline if you go hunting through old Japanese publications and guides. News Bot is big into hunting for that kind of thing and updating wikis with it. He's in the comments on the wiki's G-Virus page saying that apparently the guy who directed RE3 said "G" was meant to stand for "Golgotha."

He's also a fan of super literal translations that sound horrible in English. While the things he posts are interesting, he can be too pedantic and gives Capcom's translators flak for not making the characters speak like exchange students.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm wondering if that model got nicknamed Misty by fans because the outfit was reminiscent of Misty in the Pokémon cartoon? I think that show and RE2 came out around the same time.

That's exactly why, yeah.

Spermando posted:

He's also a fan of super literal translations that sound horrible in English. While the things he posts are interesting, he can be too pedantic and gives Capcom's translators flak for not making the characters speak like exchange students.

I want to say he was complaining at one point that he's been banned at Capcom Unity something like three separate times, and every time, it sounded a lot like it was because he was going after the translation department like it was entirely staffed by people who had individually slapped his momma.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WaltherFeng posted:

Whenever someone suggests human enemies I get ORC flashbacks.

And I havent even played ORC personally

There werent that many human enemies in ORC and without them you wouldnt have gotten the good final boss fight twist.

Is ORC a bad game? Yes. Will I always bring up that ending thing every time because its worth mentioning? Yes

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Spermando posted:

There are some things that should just stay on the cutting room floor or never make it past the concept stage and "Golgotha Virus" is one of them. Same with Edward and Dewey from the RE concept, or Biohazard DASH.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Have any of the games done an A or a U virus? Bcause TCG made a good theme even with V loving it up

Caros
May 14, 2008

Contingency Plan posted:

The real name for the gun is the VP-70. The problem mentioned is one of two things. The first is that civilians can't buy it as the model with burst fire is banned for civilian use.

The more likely culprit is that the thing has a disgustingly heavy trigger action. I've seen it compared to trying to squeeze a staple gun, you can do it but your accuracy can end up going to poo poo as a result.

Edit: whoops, didn't scroll to the last page, my bad.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The burst fire is also hideously innacurate as you might expect from a pistol of its size unlike in the game. The game does, however, accurately model that the gun can only fire bust fire when the stock is attached.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Golgotha Virus?
It’s obviously supposed to be God Virus— the antidote is DEVIL!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

A new standard in horror.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Wanderer posted:

It's based off of the H&K VP70M, which doesn't have a safety and has a notoriously heavy trigger pull. The only reason Leon has one is because some gun nerd on the RE staff decided to give him a relatively rare firearm. It's a really weird choice for an EDC weapon.

I knew exactly who put that there the moment I went to look.

I feel like in the back of my head it stands for "God Virus" but for the life of me I can't remember where I saw that.

*edit* oh, right, like the above poster said, since the antidote in the original is Devil, I think a lot of people made that assumption

Basticle fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 10, 2019

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Crowetron posted:

Truck Driver scenario when, Capcom?

Like Desert Bus, but in the rain with zombies.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

DeadButDelicious posted:

There are some things that should just stay on the cutting room floor or never make it past the concept stage and "Golgotha Virus" is one of them. Same with Edward and Dewey from the RE concept, or Biohazard DASH.
Golgotha makes sense with some of the stuff in game, as a telephone game version of the Resurrection of Jesus:

- Marvin is wounded on his right side, just like Jesus on the cross
- The statue and the secret passage sorta works as an angel in white that rolls back the stone from Jesus' tomb (the three medallions representing the three women who visited the tomb in Mark's version)
- Marvin is resurrected

There's also clear Christian symbolism in the symbols that give you the medallions:

- The New and Old Covenant, represented by the lion (Jesus) and the dove with a branch from the Genesis story.
- The fish is also Jesus, the scorpion is a common biblical metaphor for wicked people and Judas in particular in this case, the "vase" is the oil of Jesus' anointment
- The woman is Eve, the bow can symbolize deceit in Christian theology, and the snake is the Serpent in the Garden of Eden

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I kind of miss the era of completely inscrutable Christian symbolism in Japanese media because they just thought the stuff looked cool

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

rabidsquid posted:

i think i've only ever seen that dude once and it was because i was dallying clearing the ivy's out of the main room with the ID badge. did you take your time before coming back in there or take a weird route or what?

I don't think so, maybe I spent extra time killing all the Ivy in the room, I was going for one of the RE.net medals. Perhaps that allowed the guy in the corner to set up because when I opened the door he was right there and I didn't have time to react.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I kind of miss the era of completely inscrutable Christian symbolism in Japanese media because they just thought the stuff looked cool

But did it really come out as cool?

Never played Xenogears, but the one thing I know about the game is that they crucified your 'cutesy' party member and your battle-robots.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So I had some time off this week so I could go back to playing Resie 2. I had completed a normal playthrough of Leon A a few weeks ago.

Now I could go back and finally play Claire A and maybe the B scenarios. Now I always wanted to unlock the Infinite Weapons to go down on this game. But as a busy working man with a kid on the way and only limited time to play, I could never put the time into practice to do a S+ hard-core rank.

However enter my birthday and my brother got me the Save Wizard Max for PS4 as a present.
With the aid of it, I can do a save scumming run to get S+ on hard-core, while still having fun and working around my busy schedule.

Some thoughts so far.

1) Hard-core doesn't Dick around. I ended up dying in the gas station on my first play through. They are tough and they will wreck you up.

2) The time for this game is mad. Like I understand you are going for a speed run. But when I checked my initial time it was about 20 minutes by the time I had gotten the second medallion.

3) Up until I get the grenade launcher, I had to rely on the pistol with a ton of bullets for my early game zombie slaying needs. Claire's starting hand gun is terrible. 5 bullets? And the very first upgrade you can get in the waiting room is for a different handgun? What a ripoff. Luckily I had one of the pre-order guns to use. Since no way was I sticking to Claire's tiny peashooter.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

The starting gun is very good, but not just yet. You might need it later

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I've gotten the grenade launcher now so I anticipate I will just be using that on everything. I'll probably take the handgun if I find the upgrade for it and see what it's like then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

LadyPictureShow posted:

But did it really come out as cool?

Never played Xenogears, but the one thing I know about the game is that they crucified your 'cutesy' party member and your battle-robots.

That's not a reference to Christianity, that's a Spartacus reference.