Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
This gives a whole new meaning to TNA Mecca.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Y'know, they could've just kept D'Amore and Mantel and not hired Vince Russo.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Rosemary is one of the very last few wrestlers on the roster that get a star reaction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WumwjAnoVQo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Angelina Love in an indy tag match against a guy named RIP IMPACT

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chris James 2 posted:

Angelina Love in an indy tag match against a guy named RIP IMPACT

I wonder if Addy Star is referring to Love's partner in these tweets:

https://twitter.com/AddyStarr/status/1104611140670230529?s=19

https://twitter.com/AddyStarr/status/1104802466489659392?s=19

https://twitter.com/AddyStarr/status/1104804539314638850?s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

I wonder if Addy Star is referring to Love's partner in these tweets

yep

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
IMPACT (Formerly TNA) Sucks

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I hear FOX is looking for tits and rear end wrestling

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Figured as much. Dude definitely looks like he's never seen a vegetable.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It still amuses me that in wrestling, despite all the writers and the spot memorizers, there are still dudes that can naturally make an rear end of themselves so completely that it makes all the meticulous planning look hackneyed.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Rosemary is one of the very last few wrestlers on the roster

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Is Eli Drake hurt or did he leave Impact?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Is Eli Drake hurt or did he leave Impact?

Posted this soon after the original match (Eli/Tessa) was first announced
https://twitter.com/TheEliDrake/status/1099044040924753920

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/impactwrestling/status/1105514036244897792

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

dummy

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo is that the first time they've actually been in the city they say they're in?

E: oh yeah, vegas

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1105554193648017408

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I read Lionsgate as Dragon Gate at first and was incredibly confused

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

I can't suspend my disbelief at a woman fighting a man. By the way, my favorite match is a 180 lbs male stripper fighting a 300 lbs zombie.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1105906629856370689

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

because where else can they go?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

coconono posted:

because where else can they go?

Everywhere Sami Callihan goes, like AAW, um, random single-event indies...

... yeah they didn't have much of a choice.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

AAW doesnt use them anymore actually

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sami's still there but I haven't seen the Crists in a while

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Germansimp posted:

Everywhere Sami Callihan goes, like AAW, um, random single-event indies...

... yeah they didn't have much of a choice.

yeah, that's why I'm glad Ace Romero got the Callihan stink off of him and was able to get an AEW looksee spot. He's very cool.

I really hope Callihan et al get their poo poo sorted because the Sami I met was funny and cool but the Sami you keep hearing about is a terrible human.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

TNA keeps stealing all these talents that I've never heard of from AEW's waiting, outstretched arms

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Congrats to Impact for not being named worst promotion in wrestling in the WON awards for the first time since 2006

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

loving yikes http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/santino-marella-transgender-wrestling/#.XIrEQk3QiUk

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Comedy wrestler who wrestled women dressed as a woman thinks transgender athletes are a bad idea

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

last friday I tried to watch Impact on twitch, and the intro bit with Santino and someone else, I coulda sworn Santino was drunk/high/punchy. I don't think he's all there.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

rovert posted:

Congrats to Impact for not being named worst promotion in wrestling in the WON awards for the first time since 2006

smdh can't even get that right anymore

Wow, wonder if also believes in false flag operations.

VVVV Edit: Jesus, he probably does.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 15, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I randomly saw a bit of one of those Santino/Atout things the other day and he was basically saying how he makes racist jokes in his training and you should just take them because its his house and he's just joking. He seems pretty toxic and he doesn't seem to have much of a filter on that Twitch thing.

He also seems to randomly sway between "kayfabe" and "shoot". And get routinely distracted by his phone. He just doesn't seem like he knows there's a camera or something.

edit: I listened and weirdly he does mention wrestling women in WWE and says its cool when its Beth Phoenix beating him or Awesome Kong or Nia Jax but that he hurt Maria. He also randomly mentioned that Tessa Blanchard vs Joey Ryan is a good matchup in the middle of lots of rambling about biotruths, transgenderism vs feminism, and how racism is statistically insignificant.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 15, 2019

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Santino posted:

“If there’s a girl out there that says ‘this guy’s giving us attitude, I’m gonna step in and fight this guy because I saw that women can fight men because of intergender wrestling.’ And she goes out there and lips off and this guy’s a mental case and he just cracks her with his fist and shatters an orbital and busts her lip … and she wouldn’t have done it — perhaps — beforehand, because she didn’t get this inflated sense of confidence because of intergender wrestling.”

hahaha what in the gently caress?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chud Santino is not where I expected his career to go post-WWE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

overmind2000 posted:

Chud Santino is not where I expected his career to go post-WWE

jim cornette was right

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can't even figure out if he's a full blown chud or what because he doesn't seem opposed to the "transgender movement" or "gender equality". He says they're "good causes." But he also basically seems to be forming all his opinions on the grounds of spending his life thinking "don't hit girls" and how he can't figure out of that would make him sexist now.

He's definitely a confused old man at a changing world. That's for sure.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

STAC Goat posted:

I can't even figure out if he's a full blown chud or what because he doesn't seem opposed to the "transgender movement" or "gender equality". He says they're "good causes." But he also basically seems to be forming all his opinions on the grounds of spending his life thinking "don't hit girls" and how he can't figure out of that would make him sexist now.

He's definitely a confused old man at a changing world. That's for sure.

That quote is really loving awful and Santino can go and get hosed for it.

Like, just apply the quote to boys and see how hollow it is, it's basically just saying that women should not have aggressive role models because there could always be a guy who bashes their faces in, what the gently caress.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, no, don't get me wrong. He's hosed up and wrong. I was just saying that like listening to his overall rambling its all over the place rather than some clear Right drive or something. I'm definitely not defending him and I can't begin to figure out what his overall philosophy is beyond just some archaic ideas of gender rules and a confused dickish stubbornness at the idea of changing them.

edit: And like even to make it worse, I actually think that quote is kind of incomplete of the context, just because Santino's rambling was all over the place. If I remember right that was following up on him talking about how he thinks women's self defense classes are bad because they give women a false sense of confidence. Or something. It was backwards and stupid and misogynistic but also just kind of incoherrent nonsense.

And again, the weirdest part of it is that he came away saying Tessa Blanchard vs Joey Ryan was good because Tess is "a beast" and Ryan's style plays well to it. So he was just rambling offensive poo poo for nothing.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
If a dude is mad rambling, and his ramblings include mad sexist statements, the fact that he is mad rambling does not excuse the sexist stuff.

quote:

If I remember right that was following up on him talking about how he thinks women's self defense classes are bad because they give women a false sense of confidence. Or something.

Like, Jesus Christ you might want to look this up if you mean to say that the guy might not be a total fucker.