Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm subbed for a while longer as penance for years of giving pageviews and revenue to narutofan.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
New chainsawman

It's so stupid, I have no idea how this will keep up. :allears:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
So that fish demon. That has gotta be a Gyo reference right?

The second chapter of "The Last Saiyuki" was really good. I have high hopes for this series.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100054

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh absolutely a Gyo Reference.

Junji Ito is a reviled terrorist in Chainsawman land.
(Terrorist takes on a more literal meaning in that context doesnt it)

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I love you Sensei.

A highly protectable smile.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I just hit the big chapter gap on mangadex for Spirit Circle. How can I read the rest?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Back in the day I read the whole thing on Kissmanga, though that site is trash now.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's on Crunchyroll but also not free since it's been finished for a while.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

It's on Crunchyroll but also not free since it's been finished for a while.

I used a code in the crunchy roll thread yesterday so that should let me finish it in time it's just nothing turned up when I searched spirit circle on the site

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
just google "manga name" read online, other serviceable readers exist

https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-233549

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Darth TNT posted:

New chainsawman

It's so stupid, I have no idea how this will keep up. :allears:

I like how a bunch of the chapters just end on some abrupt joke.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Jujutsu is up on Viz and Jaiminis. We have officially become Hunter x Hunter now, I for one welcome this shift.
Todo is best boy and his power is both simple and flexible.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Brought To You By posted:

New Jujutsu is up on Viz and Jaiminis. We have officially become Hunter x Hunter now, I for one welcome this shift.

that was so good

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jujutsu Kaisen is probably my favorite new-ish battle manga. It has something that other series like Black Clover or even Kimetsu no Yaiba don't really have (though I still like both those series).

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Ytlaya posted:

Jujutsu Kaisen is probably my favorite new-ish battle manga. It has something that other series like Black Clover or even Kimetsu no Yaiba don't really have (though I still like both those series).

I am still mad at what happened to the kid and his mom.

It's a good manga.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

I knew someone would post that and I'm glad for it

jujutsu kaisen was something that had potential but I wasn't sure whether it'd reach it or not. nice to see it coming into its own

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The whole powers system in Jujutsu Kaisen is kind of goofy in principle (people seem to just kind of arbitrarily have these abilities like HxH nen or something), but they at least make for far more interesting fights than you see in a series like Kimetsu no Yaiba (where there's a lot of visual variety of attacks, but not much variety to the way they function in practice).

edit: Speaking of Jujutsu Kaisen abilities, are shamans just capable of using curse power to strength their bodies or something? Because a lot exhibit superhuman physical capabilities in addition to casting curse magic spells or whatever.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I am still mad at what happened to the kid and his mom.

It's a good manga.

Yeah, that was surprisingly dark.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 11, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Basically everything with the soul manipulator guy is super dark.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ytlaya posted:

edit: Speaking of Jujutsu Kaisen abilities, are shamans just capable of using curse power to strength their bodies or something? Because a lot exhibit superhuman physical capabilities in addition to casting curse magic spells or whatever.

Yeah, that was surprisingly dark.

Yup. Just being able to channel curse power makes you hit harder and take harder hits. Kind of like Nen now that you mention it.

The great thing about JuJu is that it knows when and how to have fun, and also when to wrench that the gently caress away and slap you silly. Its thrown a lot of curveballs for such a young series.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
hey so, i don't know if anyone's scanlating it or if Yen Press went out on their own for this one, but Nyankees loving owns

it's simultaneously completely loving adorable, and genuinely really badass

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
New Eden's Zero and nice to see that whole Homura betraying the team thing wasn't gonna hang in the air for a whole while.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Mar 13, 2019

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Karakuri Circus resumes it's manga scanlation and man has it been missed.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Best friend is back! https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/103/page/1

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I support Sekijou on the hard road ahead of her.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I mean at this point Ogata feels more like a clumsy friend than a potential love interest.
Strike while the iron is hot Sekijou. Oh and do something about that room. You need to be less creepy.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Every chapter with sekijou strengthens my desire to see her pair up with Rizu.
The chapter was a bit up and down though. Rizu's role was basically to accidentally push her beasts again Yuiga. All parts with Sekijou were gold obviously.

Though I will second Mulderman on the room. Tone it down just a little Sekijou

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Mulderman posted:

I mean at this point Ogata feels more like a clumsy friend than a potential love interest.
Strike while the iron is hot Sekijou. Oh and do something about that room. You need to be less creepy.

Sekijou is gross, and also great

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Chain saw man ftw.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
The whole "Why are you showing us this?" "Because you're essentially the only friends I have ..." " O-oh! Then let's see your super interesting thing then!" exchange was both sweet and sad.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Thanks to whoever recommended jujutsu kaisen, it rules

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

i flunked out posted:

Thanks to whoever recommended jujutsu kaisen, it rules

Speaking of, new chapter and I just connected that Takada-chan is some Idol Toudou is a fan of. And his vivid hallucinations not only included living an entire school life with Itadori being friends, but also confessing to said Idol and later getting combat advice from her in within the span of .01 seconds.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/567539

Sharingan Adam

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

I started this. 65 pages in, motherfucking Lu Bu :allears: I'm sold.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Is there still room in the Furuhashi fanclub for a convert?

I just love that Furuhashi and Yuiga solve everything by just talking and listening to each other.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

I just love that Furuhashi and Yuiga solve everything by just talking and listening to each other.

Yeah it's a nice running gag. Also makes the "OH IT WAS A MISUNDERSTANDING" chapters much more tolerable for me.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mulderman posted:

Yeah it's a nice running gag. Also makes the "OH IT WAS A MISUNDERSTANDING" chapters much more tolerable for me.

Completely agree.

new chainsawman!

This is really growing on me. It's such a fun disfunctional family. :)

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I like how his response to "A demon has us trapped in a room frozen in time" is:
Cool! Guess I can chill in this comfy as gently caress bed! Wake me up if anything happens!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Chainsaw man is a beast.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

chainsaw man ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Darth TNT posted:

This is pretty solid. Can't wait to see how stupid Tesla is.