Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I know that the spy isn't the writer and director and producer and main financier of the movie. Bond rip-offs were a dime a dozen. But something about this movie gives me a "The Room" feeling. Like Tommy Wisseus hip-dick loving Lisa scene only with scenes like "ASMR orgy".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

InfiniteZero posted:

I actually really enjoyed that. It was just a catalogue but they added some humour to it and it worked.

That said: I don't think I "get" RLM most of the time, and I know that there is lots of fan overlap between them and Rifftrax/MST3K. Am I doing something wrong? I don't really enjoy watching a bunch of guys on a couch groaning at films.

I'm not saying that RLM is bad or whatever. I'm sincerely asking: is that "all" they do? Can you get full commentaries on films from them?

They have some mp3 commentaries as well, but I've never tried those. I think the overlap is they both pick on lovely B movies. But RLM is more of the dissecting of bad film and trying to be a film critic about it. More than half of their videos where they watch movies is spent at a table talking about how good/bad it was. You don't spend much time at all watching the films they talk about, it's all clips where relevant.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
RLM are just as bad as those two fat British dudes who make the unfunny RiffTrax releases and should not be discussed in this thread about funny things.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Oh poo poo apparently tickets went on sale....I had no idea both were happening the same week! Snagged the 2-pack of tickets, now I have something to do two of the 5 nights I'm in town :dance:.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

RLM are just as bad as those two fat British dudes who make the unfunny RiffTrax releases and should not be discussed in this thread about funny things.

I bought their latest film and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

IUG posted:

They have some mp3 commentaries as well, but I've never tried those. I think the overlap is they both pick on lovely B movies. But RLM is more of the dissecting of bad film and trying to be a film critic about it. More than half of their videos where they watch movies is spent at a table talking about how good/bad it was. You don't spend much time at all watching the films they talk about, it's all clips where relevant.

I've listened to the RLM Gremlins commentary. It was... fine? They don't have any special insight that you yourself wouldn't if you liked the movie and read up on it a little.

One thing I do know is RLM fans hate it if you ask if they liked RiffTrax or MST3K, even though it's logical to assume the RLM guys would be at least familiar with it coming from the same general area.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
It's possible to just like both, or to only like one and not be an rear end in a top hat about it.

I love Wheel of the Worst probably because I prefer Rifftrax Shorts....very similar material, except now it's the bizarre world of 90s VHS instructional videos instead of 50s/60s/70s filmstrips. My life is richer with the wonders of S.O.S. and Surviving Edges Weapons in it, and they're how I learned about the genius of Neil Breen and David DeCoteau, the latter of which is a weird pseudo-overlap with Rifftrax.....that's the man who made A Talking Cat!?! and Santa's Summer House, RLM did The Killer Eye and D.B. Cooper vs. Bigfoot (though each group could do another 50 movies by that nutjob and still not step on each other's toes, he has made SO MUCH).

Dawgstar posted:

One thing I do know is RLM fans hate it if you ask if they liked RiffTrax or MST3K, even though it's logical to assume the RLM guys would be at least familiar with it coming from the same general area.

To be fair, that's most groups of fans nowadays. It's entirely possible to not like a thing and just move on with your life, but if you'll direct your attention to the last Star Wars movie backlash....I'm apparently wrong and we're all doomed.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I just made this GIF, the ultimate summary of any Burt I.Gordon film.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

By popular demand posted:

I just made this GIF, the ultimate summary of any Burt I.Gordon film.

HEY FRAAANK

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

He's signing "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
Hey there's a new VOD: The Girl From Rio, which with any luck is a side story to The Guy From Harlem.

EDIT: Oh hey, the Rifftrax crew decided to make this exact joke a running gag.

Well What Now fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 15, 2019

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Another sale, 17% off for St Patrick's Day.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Well What Now posted:

Hey there's a new VOD: The Girl From Rio, which with any luck is a side story to The Guy From Harlem.

EDIT: Oh hey, the Rifftrax crew decided to make this exact joke a running gag.

Is she the HELL from Rio?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jet Jaguar posted:

Is she the HELL from Rio?

More importantly can she order a New York Strip properly?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dawgstar posted:

More importantly can she order a New York Strip properly?

Sadly, the film doesn't answer that question.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Once again a movie paradoxically proves that titties can't improve a movie. much.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

So all the stretch goal shorts are unlocked. That means:

- Warty, The Toad
- Rediscovery: Puppets
- Join Hands, Let Go!
- Clean and Neat with Harv and Marv
- Health: Your Posture
- You’re The Judge
- How To Keep a Job
- 10 Long Minutes
- The Day I Died
- Ghost Rider

For money-based stretch goals, they're almost all unlocked. Right now we have:

- Star Wars Episode IX MP3 riff for $75 and higher.
- RiffTrax Live: Star Raiders DVD for $100 and higher
- Street Fighter MP3 riff for $100 and higher
- RiffTrax Live: Octaman DVD for $125 and higher (locked at $450,000)

Now some new stretch goals, backer-based:

- 7,000 Backers: FREE Audible Copy of RiffTrax senior writer Conor Lastowka's new audiobook The Pole Vault Championship of the Entire Universe. Backers at $100 and above (or $84) get it for FREE!
- 7,500 Backers: blu-ray of The Giant Spider Invasion show. Backers at $100 or above will get to choose a DVD or blu-ray as part of their rewards.
- 8,000 Backers: RiffTrax app compatible Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Just The Jokes riff. Backers at the $84 level and above will get it for FREE
- 8,500 Backers: blu-ray of the Star Raiders show. Backers at $100 or above will get to choose a DVD or blu-ray as part of their rewards.
- 8,750 Backers: "Fishing With Kevin Murphy" video. Backers at $100 or above (and $84) will get it for free!
- 9,000 Backers: Backers at the $15 level or above will get their names in small font on a pre-show "Thank You" slide for a live show this year!
- 9,250 Backers: Octaman Live Show blu-ray! Backers at $125 or above will get to choose a DVD or blu-ray as part of their rewards.
- 9,500 Backers: Backers at the $15 level or above will get Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom as part of their rewards.
-10,000 Backers: It's A Wonderful Life Just The Jokes riff! All backers get it for FREE!

Currently at $437,248 with 6,616 backers. Ends Saturday night.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

By popular demand posted:

Once again a movie paradoxically proves that titties can't improve a movie. much.

Not when it's the entire concept for a movie, no

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Friend of mine pointed out something weird. On a Fire TV if you look through the Prime Rifftrax there's When a Stranger Calls Back and Godmonster of Indian Flats but if you try to watch When a Stranger Calls Back it instead plays Silent Rage and for Godmonster it just brings up the original version of the movie, unriffed. I went to Amazon.com and neither movie is showing up as available through Prime at all. So not sure what is happening there.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I have encountered one of the more seminal lines in cinema history while watching 'Alien Outlaw.' "It sure as hell ain't breadfruit!" I feel a subtle shift in reality around me.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

So what’s the most cost effective tier if I just want to get all the movies and riffs but don’t need the posters or my name on things?

I’m leaning towards $100 since I get some DVDs and a shirt as well.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I just checked and neither of the two remaining theaters where I live are picking up the Rifftrax live events. The closest city is two hours away. I love Rifftrax, but not that much.

Oh, well, at least I'll be getting the downloads of the shows.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Mister Kingdom posted:

I just checked and neither of the two remaining theaters where I live are picking up the Rifftrax live events. The closest city is two hours away. I love Rifftrax, but not that much.

Oh, well, at least I'll be getting the downloads of the shows.

Welcome to Canada

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am invested in this.

https://twitter.com/kwmurphy/status/1109479669131284481?s=19

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

PAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKEKEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSssssssssss......

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
C'mon you bastards I want to see Kevin Murphy catch some fish

EDIT: :smith:

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 24, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Another Bill posted:

Welcome to Canada

Welcome to Japan

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Come on and slam
and

Barudak posted:

Welcome to Japan

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Finally with my own eyes I have seen Night of the Lepus. I never knew massacres could be so adorable and floof-filled.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

holy gently caress radical jack is such a hateful movie

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i need a fuckin hug or something man

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

holy gently caress radical jack is such a hateful movie

The "corrupt cop hat in hand telling the widow her husband is dead" scene and everything that follows is just atrocious.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

it just occurred to me-- does rifftrax know about lowtax's robospine troubles? i know they've worked with him in the past, surely they can kick a few dollars his way too

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
He guest stared on a vod that's to be released about killer fish ghost monster things. I don't think it's that Octodad one.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
old man security guard: "These are stairs...."
Tom: "stairs can be your hips worst enemies"

Are there stairs in your house?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

https://www.rifftrax.com/rats-night-of-terror

quote:

The atomic bombs have fallen, and a plucky brigade of… well, let’s face it, morons, are all that remains of humanity.

For reasons unexplained, they go into town. Why do they live in out in the desert instead of town? This is also not explained. When it turns out that the building they’ve chosen to spend the night in is infested with rats who begin to pick them off one by one, why do they not leave? Not explai—Hey, you’re already ahead of us!

Rats: Night of Terror delivers an abundance of the first word of its title, and pretty much none of the last word. You’ll meet characters such as Video, Chocolate, Lucifer, and Rat Victim #2. You will wonder how someone gets a job dumping buckets full of live rats onto willing actors, because honestly, it seems kind of fun. And you will encounter a titanicly idiotic plot twist that we really wish happened earlier in the movie.

Please join Mike, Kevin, and Bill (all apprentice rat wranglers) for Rats: Night of Terror!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This is a good one. 1980s Italian trash never disappoints.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

this seems like the spiritual successor to escape 2000

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There's an April Fool's joke going on at the Twitch channel. They're playing stuff un-riffed.

Right now it's 'Setting Up a Room' and that loud piercing noise you're hearing is your own panicked screaming at the thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

There's an April Fool's joke going on at the Twitch channel. They're playing stuff un-riffed.

Right now it's 'Setting Up a Room' and that loud piercing noise you're hearing is your own panicked screaming at the thought.

I thought it was a perfect april fools, as I slowly went mad hearing about Slrpnls