Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

KillHour posted:

Good call. I guess it's not like buying a new Toyota where you go to a bunch of dealerships and test drive them all and buy the one you like the most. These are the kinds of things I need to know.

Not at all. PPIs from a reliable specialty shop are required here. Also see my edit about maintenance records.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

Is your current car 15 years old? How did you come to that number?

Very few people keep cars for that long, people's life circumstances change, new cars with more safety features come out, or you know, most people become richer and can afford nicer things as time passes, poo poo 5 years from now you can probably get a car that drives itself. It's super strange to buy a new car right now with the requirement that it doesn't need to be replaced or repaired or still be able to connect to your phone(!) for 15 years like it was a roof or a water heater or something.

I've driven plenty of 15+ year old cars in my life that were fairly reliable, and there are tons of people still driving 2004 models. A minivan is an appliance and treating things as inherently disposable is an odd mindset. I may very well trade up in the future but I don't want to be obligated to.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I actually had a question about maintenance for cars like this regarding mileage. A lot of expensive cars have really low mileage. Like a couple hundred miles a year or less. Isn't that bad for the car? Like, wouldn't I be better with a 15k mile 10 year old car than a 1500 mile 10 year old car? Or is it fine as long as the yearly maintenance is done?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

KillHour posted:

I actually had a question about maintenance for cars like this regarding mileage. A lot of expensive cars have really low mileage. Like a couple hundred miles a year or less. Isn't that bad for the car? Like, wouldn't I be better with a 15k mile 10 year old car than a 1500 mile 10 year old car? Or is it fine as long as the yearly maintenance is done?

Are you buying the car to drive it or to have good resale.

The low mile car is basically for resale. If I was buying a driver, I wouldn't care about mileage within reason assuming the price is right. Note, however, that some of these cars have very expensive, mileage based services that occur much sooner than in normal cars, so make sure you factor that in.
There's also the school of thought that cars do better with some driving than just sitting around.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

KillHour posted:

As long as the maintenance is done in it's entitreity it's fine. Meaning both mileage based and age based. Rubber bits go to hell, seals go to hell. But in the context of these cars that require literal engine out maintenance that's "not a big deal" in terms of their expected running and maintenance costs.

The reason some of the cars you've mentioned aren't driven more than a few hundred miles a year is because they are some blend of uncomfortable, impractical or unreliable and need a $15k+ engine-out maintenance every 8-15k miles.

The Aston doesn't require the same level of engine-out shenanigans as mid engines sports cars, but it's fantastically unreliable overall. Even if it's running properly chances are good something in the cabin is broken. Or the power locks, or some other courtesy feature. It's native habitat is the repair shop.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

KillHour posted:

The sweet spot for luxury cars is different than commuter cars. You want some 10,000 or so miles a year for a commuter car. For a luxury car as long as its over 1000 a year, with proper service being done at least once a year its fine. The only special concerns you are going to have is the tires and battery. However if you find a 2004 Lambo with only 2600 miles on it, that could possibly be a problem. But honestly a exotic car mechanic is needed for a PPI for anything worth 100k+ plus.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zosologist posted:

I've driven plenty of 15+ year old cars in my life that were fairly reliable, and there are tons of people still driving 2004 models. A minivan is an appliance and treating things as inherently disposable is an odd mindset. I may very well trade up in the future but I don't want to be obligated to.

If you are serious minded about keeping a car a long,long time , you should buy buying a Toyota. 100000% . Get the Sienna if you need a minivan.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

zapplez posted:

As a Canadian, even with the extra purchasing power of your USD, its totally not worth it to buy from Canada. Its a pain for delivery and you are going to actually get like 10-30% worse buying power, because all of our cars are about 30-50% more expensive than in USA, so even with the exchange its a losing deal.

Actually a ton of Canadians drive down to NY car dealerships and buy from you guys because we can save 20% even after our cheap dollar. You car prices are way better.

What you are saying was true 10 years ago, it's reversed now. Canada probably has the cheapest vehicles in the world right now. Enormous numbers of cars sold "in Canada" are immediately put on boats for export to China and other poorer countries, and it helps that Canadian instrumentation is in KM like the rest of the world. The only limit is the OEM's efforts to punish Canadian dealers.

BMW X6 M Canadian MSRP CAD$112700, or USD$83,500. vs. BMW USA MSRP of USD$102k

https://www.bmw.ca/content/bmw/marketCA/bmw_ca/en_CA/ssl/configurator.html#/176M/S02TB/F86M/esl/new/

https://www.bmwusa.com/byo/iframe.html#/model-variant-selector/x6-m

Mercedes GLS63 S Canadian MSRP CAD$140,110, or ~USD$104k, vs MB USA MSRP USD $126,150.

https://www.mercedes-benz.ca/en/vehicles/class/gls/suv#models

https://www.mbusa.com/en/vehicles/class/gls/suv#models

Both these cars are made in the USA so no tariffs, buy it in Alberta or one of the territories so only 5% GST, plus you can(with some effort) get GST refunded for a vehicle destined for export. Ultimately still cheaper to buy American made cars in Canada than in America. :smugdon:

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007

zapplez posted:

If you are serious minded about keeping a car a long,long time , you should buy buying a Toyota. 100000% . Get the Sienna if you need a minivan.

And anyway my wife's matrix s will be giving up the ghost in the next 5-10 years and I'll be able to get something fun to replace it instead of making more payments on yet another minivan.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

nm posted:

Are you buying the car to drive it or to have good resale.

I'm gonna drive the poo poo out of it, with the caveat that I have a savings account already set up and I will be putting a buck in there for every mile I drive it for future maintenance. I figure I'll probably drive it 4-5k per year, which is where I got the $5k/year maintenance figure from.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

KillHour posted:

Body Style: 2 door. Convertible preferred but not necessary.

How will you be using the car?: Weekend/summer driving car. I have a Focus RS for the track and a Stinger GT for daily duties and I want something I can cruise around and feel like a badass in.

What aspects are most important to you?

1. Exhaust note
2. Super car feel / exclusivity
3. Powah
4. Luxury

You put “exhaust note” at the top of your priorities and I was surprised not to see a Jaguar F-Type on your list. Comes in either convertible or coupe flavors, as well as an available V8.

Here’s Jeremy Clarkson in a V6 convertible version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6KFA7p7_aQ

To be honest, you also might get better answers in Automotive Insanity since their entire focus is about cars for fun, practicality be damned.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

plester1 posted:

You put “exhaust note” at the top of your priorities and I was surprised not to see a Jaguar F-Type on your list. Comes in either convertible or coupe flavors, as well as an available V8.

To be honest, you also might get better answers in Automotive Insanity since their entire focus is about cars for fun, practicality be damned.

Ooh good call on the Jag. Honestly, I see this thread as kind of an extension to AI but I'm sure there's plenty of people there that don't follow this thread.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

plester1 posted:

God dammit that video just made me seriously reconsider my plans to find a 997 turbo this spring.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I don't have anything helpful to add to the used exotic car discussion but it prompted me to go back on BAT and check out a couple of ended auctions, and first gen Ferrari Californias are like $80k these days.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2010-ferrari-california-3/

Granted it's an auto and these are probably just less reliable Mustang GTs with nicer interiors but man for $80k this seems like a lot of car compared to I dunno a German car of similar vintage.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I was thinking about the California, but I always thought of them as the "cheap" Ferrari. F430s are in my budget all day long.

Edit: Huh, I guess they were around the same price and the California has more power. Might be worth another look.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 10, 2019

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

KillHour posted:

1. Exhaust note
2. Super car feel / exclusivity
3. Powah
4. Luxury
5. If it's a new car from a not-Italian Marquis, Android Auto (sorry BMW)
Bonus: V12 :swoon:

Comedy ideas:
Put a v12 in a fisker
Find the most luxury slingshot on the continent (GM Ecotec 2.4L DOHC 4 Cylinder, lol nvm)

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 11, 2019

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

KillHour posted:

Ooh good call on the Jag. Honestly, I see this thread as kind of an extension to AI but I'm sure there's plenty of people there that don't follow this thread.

If you think that's good, check out the SVR. That thing's exhaust ought to be loving illegal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPkpntQOn5U

Edit: don't buy this, it will get you beat up.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Help me stop my roommate from making a terrible decision. He takes terrible care of his cars and needs to get something new (used) because his car currently can't reliably/safely get him to a job he's transferring to down the interstate and definitely can't get him back out to see family in Minnesota from CO.

The problem: He's looking at Denalis and Escalades because he thinks they're cool
The other problem: His credit is crap
The other other problem: Again, he takes terrible care of his cars, and Denalis and Escalades are unreliable and expensive to repair because GM "Luxury."

I'm trying to convince him to get something cheaper (he's currently looking at $15k) and more reliable, but he comes from an extremely poor background and while he's shaken a lot of it he still has an attachment to some status symbols. On the bright side he's good at saving money for the most part despite that ($500-600 a month before this promotion he's getting). What should I steer :v: him towards? I'm thinking an older Lexus or Acura since they're still a luxury brand but are more reliable. Preferably one that shares a lot of parts with their Toyota/Honda siblings so that he can get at least some parts cheaper. He wants a SUV for road tripping with his girlfriend and kid back to Minnesota and for the snow. I don't see why an AWD sedan wouldn't do the same thing, but I'm trying to accept my limits on how much I can change his mind.

For some reason he has a lot of respect for me, so I think part of what I'm going to try is show him a compound interest chart that shows if he put the amount he's thinking for a car payment in the bank every month he would be a millionaire by the time he retired. But that part is more pure BFC than AI, so I'm here to ask what cars I should be pointing him towards instead.

I mean if it was me looking at the same use case I'd probably buy a 3.0 Outback for $5-6k, but it's not me looking at it. So the standard goon berating isn't going to help here.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 11, 2019

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Learn more about which particular trims of the Denali/Escalade are more reliable and how to cheaply fix poo poo yourself? That seems more reasonable than trying to convince someone their taste in cars is bad.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I'm more concerned about him trying to spend 15k on a car from a BHPH lot at like 20% interest. If he was getting one cheaper I wouldn't be as concerned, but cheaper Escalades at least seem to start at 12k unless they're 200k miles or have mechanical problems so big even craigslist sellers disclose them. Also I didn't know GM made any reliable vehicles around the start of the recession.

E: Actually, they use a truck version of the LS, right? So the engine at least wouldn't be too bad.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 11, 2019

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The Oldest Man posted:

If you think that's good, check out the SVR. That thing's exhaust ought to be loving illegal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPkpntQOn5U

Edit: don't buy this, it will get you beat up.

That exhaust is hilarious. It's like 150k loaded, though. Tempting.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I'm more concerned about him trying to spend 15k on a car from a BHPH lot at like 20% interest. If he was getting one cheaper I wouldn't be as concerned, but cheaper Escalades at least seem to start at 12k unless they're 200k miles or have mechanical problems so big even craigslist sellers disclose them. Also I didn't know GM made any reliable vehicles around the start of the recession.

E: Actually, they use a truck version of the LS, right? So the engine at least wouldn't be too bad.

They are literally just super fancy versions of the Tahoe / Suburban platform. The underlying mechanicals are as reliable as any other full size truck. poo poo will break but probably not in a catastrophic or disabling way.

This does not make the decision much less stupid, but we aren't anywhere near "Range Rover" levels of bad idea.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Do dealers normally negotiate on finance rates?

I got the dealer $500 below Costco + truck month savings, which is about 19% below MSRP. Not sure how much further I can push it, but I got three weeks left in Truck Month.

GM financial is like 7%, the dealer is just trying to close and suggesting I buy now with whatever financing I have. My credit union is 3.49% and the dealer isn't even enterntaining the idea of having me finance with them. They even suggested before talking any numbers at all that I go with my own financing.

The other truck month option is 0% financing instead of the price discount, which is near close to even after 72 months at full price, but my own financing swings a few grand in my advantage where I'm planning to put about 30% down.

Is this just a tactic to make a quicker sale? Or do they have any leverage when it comes to lowering their own rate?

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 11, 2019

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

22 Eargesplitten posted:

You could present it as a value comparison. A 10-year-old beat to hell Denali versus a nearly new Outback at the $15k price point.

I went through a similar experience with my daughter-in-law. I didn't let her just go buy what she thought she wanted - I went with her and we test drove about a dozen different used cars. She discovered on her own that the Mazda 3 was the best car for the money (something I had told her at the start). She had to find out for herself, though.

After she settled on what she wanted, we started following the car ads and Cars.com. She found a 2016 for $10k and we jumped on it, knowing it was the best car she could get for the money she had to spend. They've been very happy with it and she got a good lesson in how to buy a car. The most important thing she learned was that it was OK for her to have nice things - she didn't have to buy something crappy because that's what she was used to having.

So your main mission is to teach him the process. Shut down the urge for instant gratification. Make an organized plan. Go riding with him in every car you can find at his price point. Don't be judgmental about the cars yourself, just ask questions about what he thinks of the ride, acceleration, noise, interior comfort, etc. Get him to start comparing cars head to head rather than racing them on paper. Plan on it taking a few weeks to get to the end decision. Then he can buy whatever he wants, but get him to finance it through a CU or similar. Teach him how smart people buy cars.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

They are literally just super fancy versions of the Tahoe / Suburban platform. The underlying mechanicals are as reliable as any other full size truck. poo poo will break but probably not in a catastrophic or disabling way.

This does not make the decision much less stupid, but we aren't anywhere near "Range Rover" levels of bad idea.

Good point, I hadn't thought about them being the trucks with a different body. Seems like the American companies actually care about making their trucks.

I'll try to go with him to look at cars if I can. I doubt I could get him to get an Outback or similar because of the image thing, but I'll try to help him as much as I can. I've only gone used car shopping twice in my life (once for my first car at 18, once when I crashed the first one at the end of 2017) so I don't have a ton of experience, but I can at least notice weird noises or vibrations or stuff like that.

I'm hoping that showing him that compound interest chart will help break him out of the idea of a car note being something you should always expect to have. My first car was paid for since 2010 or 2011 so I'm not happy about having a payment now and if I don't crash this one I won't have one in the future. Maybe I can also remind him to factor maintenance and insurance into the cost of the car since people tend to just look at the payment rather than the accompanying stuff.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 11, 2019

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Do dealers normally negotiate on finance rates?

I got the dealer $500 below Costco + truck month savings, which is about 19% below MSRP. Not sure how much further I can push it, but I got three weeks left in Truck Month.

GM financial is like 7%, the dealer is just trying to close and suggesting I buy now with whatever financing I have. My credit union is 3.49% and the dealer isn't even enterntaining the idea of having me finance with them. They even suggested before talking any numbers at all that I go with my own financing.

The other truck month option is 0% financing instead of the price discount, which is near close to even after 72 months at full price, but swings a few grand in my advantage where I'm planning to put about 30% down.

Is this just a tactic to make a quicker sale? Or do they have any leverage when it comes to lowering their own rate?

The reason they want you to finance with them is because they're getting a cut on the back end. GM might have come back with 5% or whatever, and they added the other 2% on top so they could present you with a more attractive "price." They're hiding profit in the loan and they literally will not let you get that price with outside financing.

What you could do (if your credit union lets you - check with them) is take the GM loan and immediately refinance with your CR. You're basically screwing the dealership over though, so don't be looking for favors from them after that.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

KillHour posted:

The reason they want you to finance with them is because they're getting a cut on the back end. GM might have come back with 5% or whatever, and they added the other 2% on top so they could present you with a more attractive "price." They're hiding profit in the loan and they literally will not let you get that price with outside financing.

What you could do (if your credit union lets you - check with them) is take the GM loan and immediately refinance with your CR. You're basically screwing the dealership over though, so don't be looking for favors from them after that.

Woops, didn't clarifiy in my post. My own financing is the advantage. They suggested from the get-go that I get my own if I don't take their 0% because GM is 7%.

Truck Month = savings up front, or 0% and no savings up front.
If I take the savings up front, they don't care if I finance with GM at 7% or on my own.
Fully financed at my 3.49% over 72 months: "savings up front" = 0% with higher price over 72 months. (I'd probably go 60 months on my own, but just comparing directly)
If I put $8k (low end value of my current car on private sale) or more down, my own financing + "savings up front" is about $1500 advantage vs no savings and 0%

Once I settle on the price, my next offer would be "I will finance with you if you do better than my own financing," but conversations so far seem that they don't care and just want to close the deal right now.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Then finance it yourself. 7% is garbage and if the 0% interest costs you more in the long run, there's no reason to do it.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Good point, I hadn't thought about them being the trucks with a different body. Seems like the American companies actually care about making their trucks.

I'll try to go with him to look at cars if I can. I doubt I could get him to get an Outback or similar because of the image thing, but I'll try to help him as much as I can. I've only gone used car shopping twice in my life (once for my first car at 18, once when I crashed the first one at the end of 2017) so I don't have a ton of experience, but I can at least notice weird noises or vibrations or stuff like that.

I'm hoping that showing him that compound interest chart will help break him out of the idea of a car note being something you should always expect to have. My first car was paid for since 2010 or 2011 so I'm not happy about having a payment now and if I don't crash this one I won't have one in the future. Maybe I can also remind him to factor maintenance and insurance into the cost of the car since people tend to just look at the payment rather than the accompanying stuff.

Honestly I think a lot of the "American trucks are not that bad" stuff is just GM/Ford apologism. I've never seen any evidence that the trucks they make are much better built than their cars. Just because GM's engines are 1960s technology doesn't mean there aren't a million other things that could fail catastrophically. Ask any Chrysler owner about their suspension/balljoints made of cheese or VAG owner about how their ECU/BCM is somehow always bolted at the lowest point in the chassis right where the water from their clogged drain channels pool.

GM/Ford/Chrysler have mostly held on to the truck/SUV market because the higher margins allow them to invest more capital into making a more compelling (not reliable, because new car buyers largely don't care about that) product line. That means offering 3 cab styles and 3 bed lengths while the Tundra/Titan only offer 1 or 2, and more leather and the latest gimmick technologies. They end up selling better for the same reason BMW and MB still sell better than Lexus, but definitely not because they are better built or have better QC.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

KillHour posted:

Don't want to go back and quote all your posts, but wanted to say it's awesome you're living every 12 year old car nuts dream and doing something like this.

Very few cars will get non car people to notice and say "dayyyyyum what is that?". Badass is also subjective, If I was in a similar situation I'd buy a Hellcat Charger, not sure any other vehicle would make me feel more "badass" driving around than a Hellcat. The exhaust note, the supercharger whine... omg.

Putting myself in your shoes though, I've always read/thought McLaren's were a good compromise in the supercar world between running costs and performance. I could be wrong though. I think most Ford GT's are probably out of your price range, but I love those things. Older Lambo's and Ferrari's are cool, but I honestly think you'll get tired of or even regret the upkeep and running costs on those things.

The Jag is a great car, and most people won't know what it is or be intrigued enough to care. I'm very meh on the Aston idea. The Benz's and Porche's don't have the exclusivity you want, and only car nerds can really tell the difference between the models.

I'd probably go in order

McLaren MP4 (look into the warranty)
Audi R8 (it'll get noticed, it's Tony Stark's car! and shouldn't be insane cost wise to own)
The nicest and most serviced Gallardo you can find.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

22 Eargesplitten posted:

04-09 Tahoe and stick below $15k

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

skipdogg posted:

McLaren MP4 (look into the warranty)

They poo poo transmissions out to a point where you're going to be waiting on one to be built when yours goes, and the warranty is like $15k a year to renew. Up to 50 or 60k miles, then it's out of warranty period.

It is and was a concept car. Really cool when it was released, but with 7 series BMW "new tech gremlins" x 1000.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
Should I get a diesel or petrol car? Most weekdays I drive from suburb to city center, about 40 minutes, maybe half spent in start-stop traffic. Once or twice a week I drive 200-400 km, and in the weekends I drive 30-40 min trips on the highway. Also, the extra power at low revs is appealing, since I rarely go over 3000, so the extra money I spend on a more powerful petrol are a waste.

I'm leasing an Opel Astra hatchback right now, and I'm very happy about it, but taxation rules have changed and I got a kid, so I can save a lot of money buying a slightly used car. I'm looking to get the same car as a station car instead. I've found one of each at my local dealer.

A 1.4T 150 hp petrol with 35.000 km and a 1.6 CDTi 136 hp diesel with 32.000 km and a bit fancier trim for about 8% higher price.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
There are persistent ideas that diesel cars will be banned in urban centers in the EU at some point, so if this is a car you plan to drive until the wheeels fall off, I’d get the petrol. Otherwise, the diesel seems to be a better value provided you like killing the environment more.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

There are persistent ideas that diesel cars will be banned in urban centers in the EU at some point, so if this is a car you plan to drive until the wheeels fall off, I’d get the petrol. Otherwise, the diesel seems to be a better value provided you like killing the environment more.

I love killing the environment, but this is Euro 6 diesel, so I don't think there's much of a difference.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Boz0r posted:

I love killing the environment, but this is Euro 6 diesel, so I don't think there's much of a difference.

NOx emissions are allowed to be 33% higher than Euro6 petrol standards. Granted that Euro6 diesel engines are a lot cleaner than predecessors, but they're still dirtier than petrol.

Plus, if you think all of the Euro6 diesels are hitting those targets in aggregate normal driving.....

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Okay, posted here before re: a Civic, with unrealistic expectations. Diving back into Prius land.

I have an appointment with a local dealership this Saturday, since my 96 Civic decided that it was going to act like it had cruise control (which is most certainly does not), and randomly accelerate on its own. I've had it for 14 years. It's time.

I'm looking at several, currently, but two are local, and come from a reputable shop-- a 2011, and a 2013 Prius Two, both within the 10k range, both with 100k-ish miles.

2011 > https://www.smarttoyota.com/used-Madison-2011-Toyota-Prius-Two-JTDKN3DU7B0258415
2013 > https://www.smarttoyota.com/used-Madison-2013-Toyota-Prius-Two-JTDKN3DU8D0340429

Y'all are welcome to say this is the dumbest thing I could do-- that's kind of what I'm looking for. I have no goddamn idea what I'm doing. :v: I did some googlin' of my own, and it seems like it falls into the parameters of the advice I got in the thread before, but this is turning into a 'time is of the essence' thing, and I'm not 100% sure what price range I should be looking for. I'd really love knowing what I should ask/poke at/etc when I'm there, to get a sense of whether or not I'm getting an okay deal-- and whether or not they're even worth the asking price; I can always cancel the appointment.

Appreciate any and all answers.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

What's everyone using to find a car? I've been searching through cars.com, autotrader and Craiglist. Am I missing anything?

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Tab8715 posted:

What's everyone using to find a car? I've been searching through cars.com, autotrader and Craiglist. Am I missing anything?

Auto Tempest aggregates all of the big online places into one search, that's what I used when I was shopping for one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Tab8715 posted:

I used Cargurus to setup an alert when I last bought a car. I was looking for a specific model/trim/color though.