Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
smh at you people who can't keep your feces inside the bathtub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

bEatmstrJ posted:

You go out of town for a couple days and you come back to 1000 new posts, a probation you probably didn't deserve, your own video game, a couple of news articles, a website and an ungodly amount of incorrect assumptions about your bathroom. You guys have been busy...

I definitely don't have time to go back and answer questions from the last 50 pages so i'll skip that part. Glad to see you guys are finally starting to find some new interior design to discuss though. Carry on.

:qq:

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

bEatmstrJ posted:

You go out of town for a couple days and you come back to 1000 new posts, a probation you probably didn't deserve, your own video game, a couple of news articles, a website and an ungodly amount of incorrect assumptions about your bathroom. You guys have been busy...

I definitely don't have time to go back and answer questions from the last 50 pages so i'll skip that part. Glad to see you guys are finally starting to find some new interior design to discuss though. Carry on.

Post the toilet

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Endman posted:

Just use those bathtub rocks. The waste will seep away into the depths and be a future problem.

is that how they do it on Cardassia?

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Electric Bugaloo posted:

is that how they do it on Cardassia?

Nope. You're thinking of Hogwarts before centralized plumbing.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

It really is, it's got a nice mix of neutral and decoration. It seems to be called "Glasgow" pattern, from here: https://www.oldeenglishtiles.com.au/collections/tessellated-tiles-patterns

These are absolutely spectacular, thanks for posting them.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
An artificial turf bathroom floor that drains would absolutely rule in a bathroom. Just need good ventilation, but a nice cross breeze, some plants, and bam, jungle shower.

Well I just figured out how i'm gonna decorate my bathroom, does anyone know where to find narrow green bathmats

Dog would eat that bad boy right up

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 10, 2019

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

It really is, it's got a nice mix of neutral and decoration. It seems to be called "Glasgow" pattern, from here: https://www.oldeenglishtiles.com.au/collections/tessellated-tiles-patterns

These are beautiful, thanks!

I once went down a serious rabbit hole in a video game I was playing and spent like a month looking up Morroccan zellige tile patterns and celtic knotwork knitting patterns just so I could make neat tile floors in my castle.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Suspect Bucket posted:

An artificial turf bathroom floor that drains would absolutely rule in a bathroom. Just need good ventilation, but a nice cross breeze, some plants, and bam, jungle shower.

Well I just figured out how i'm gonna decorate my bathroom, does anyone know where to find narrow green bathmats

there's this:

https://www.countryliving.com/home-design/a41566/moss-bath-mat/

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Suspect Bucket posted:

yeah just imagine if you could have your dog poo poo there too :drugnerd:

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

These are beautiful, thanks!

I once went down a serious rabbit hole in a video game I was playing and spent like a month looking up Morroccan zellige tile patterns and celtic knotwork knitting patterns just so I could make neat tile floors in my castle.

:3:

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

BmJ's original plans called for a moss wall didn't they?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

hakimashou posted:

tile owns but i dont want to slip and fall in the bathroom

Don't spray soap everywhere, then?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Thumposaurus posted:

BmJ's original plans called for a moss wall didn't they?
Give it enough time and his shower rock wall will turn green.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'm in love :stonklol:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That house looks like something Nickelodeon's version of The Real World would be set in.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Electric Bugaloo posted:

yeah just imagine if you could have your dog poo poo there too :drugnerd:

:3:

Hell yeah, think of the time savings.

For real though, I got inspired to punch up the bathroom decor in my apartment, it's pretty bland and needs some greenery. It's white with some black border tiles, so some fresh green bath mats and a few hanging plants will punch it up.

And the nursery down the road opens for the season tomorrow

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 10, 2019

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

FilthyImp posted:

That house looks like something Nickelodeon's version of The Real World would be set in.

Lol, yeah, especially that first bathroom. Then there's a couple random rooms that are distractingly normal.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

They don't really work though. Plants die. Rotting vegetation attracts little flies and fungus gnats.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Facebook Aunt posted:

They don't really work though. Plants die. Rotting vegetation attracts little flies and fungus gnats.

Oh, pro tip. If you have drain gnats, just soak the bastard with Simple Green. Works like a charm, it was what we used when I worked in Pest Control.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Modus Pwnens posted:

smh at you people who can't keep your feces inside the bathtub

quote:

I stomped into the bathroom and was immediately PHYSICALLY STRUCK by the most powerful odor I have ever, ever encountered. My nose was pretty vixed up, but somehow, my eyeballs felt like they could smell the odor. I swung my wrench before I really looked to see what was going on and totalled what was left of the sink. In the corner of the bath tub I saw Jed writhing around with a golden metallic object in the poo poo lasagna. He was freaking out and screaming. The other thing I noticed was the fire. In the remains of the toilet tank was a bunch of flaming papers, right next to a can of paint thinner. I figured that Jeb threw in the thinner thinking it would burst into flames, but he neglected to uncap the thing. So I grabbed the can of paint thinner and in one swift motion clocked Jeb in the head with it. He started freaking out even more, and at this point I could see that the object he was writhing with in the tub was a saxophone. He seemed to be bleeding all over his head but it was hard to tell because of the poo poo smeared everywhere, coming out onto the floor. The lightbulb was covered in either nail polish or blood.

I backed out of the room and grabbed a jug of urine, and threw it at the fire. Remembering I should probably uncap the jug before using it to extinguish flames, I grabbed another one and actually poured it out. By this time Jeb was trying to get out of the bath tub, so I stomped at him with my boot, closed the bathroom door,and jammed the gently caress out of there after one final check for any hostages in the bedroom.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

quote:

I stomped into the bathroom and was immediately PHYSICALLY STRUCK by the most powerful odor I have ever, ever encountered. My nose was pretty vixed up, but somehow, my eyeballs felt like they could smell the odor. I swung my wrench before I really looked to see what was going on and totalled what was left of the sink. In the corner of the bath tub I saw Jed writhing around with a golden metallic object in the poo poo lasagna. He was freaking out and screaming. The other thing I noticed was the fire. In the remains of the toilet tank was a bunch of flaming papers, right next to a can of paint thinner. I figured that Jeb threw in the thinner thinking it would burst into flames, but he neglected to uncap the thing. So I grabbed the can of paint thinner and in one swift motion clocked Jeb in the head with it. He started freaking out even more, and at this point I could see that the object he was writhing with in the tub was a saxophone. He seemed to be bleeding all over his head but it was hard to tell because of the poo poo smeared everywhere, coming out onto the floor. The lightbulb was covered in either nail polish or blood.

I backed out of the room and grabbed a jug of urine, and threw it at the fire. Remembering I should probably uncap the jug before using it to extinguish flames, I grabbed another one and actually poured it out. By this time Jeb was trying to get out of the bath tub, so I stomped at him with my boot, closed the bathroom door,and jammed the gently caress out of there after one final check for any hostages in the bedroom.

Is this some of the liner notes from the Trump Piss Tape?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Is this some of the liner notes from the Trump Piss Tape?

It's from the Fecal Lasagna epic.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It's from the Fecal Lasagna epic.

which is

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

It has an SAclopedia entry: https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1208

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Ugh can’t see that poo poo on my phone!

Edit: this story is both 100% fake and 100% classic forums :allears:

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 11, 2019

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I like how the Google mind keeps trying to make those sinks into cars of some kind.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Nessus posted:

I like how the Google mind keeps trying to make those sinks into cars of some kind.

As befits the original intent. Ladies love bathrooms that go fast!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm not the biggest fan of modern decor but I'm doing a project at work that calls for it (3d art). Anyone have some good examples of modern (or so-called "ultra modern") decor that they really like?

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

mutata posted:

I'm not the biggest fan of modern decor but I'm doing a project at work that calls for it (3d art). Anyone have some good examples of modern (or so-called "ultra modern") decor that they really like?

Are you aiming for like the bleeding edge of contemporary design or classical modern? If later, interiors by Alvar Aalto are gorgeous. http://navi.finnisharchitecture.fi/en/the-aalto-house/

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

barbecue at the folks posted:

As befits the original intent. :females: love bathrooms that go fast!

Fixed.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Everyone please look at those deep dream images on PC. Phone forums doesn't show the wonderful details!!

I liked the previous user's image that made the towels mummified monks.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Chard posted:

If there was a sanitary way to do it, a grass-floored bathroom would loving own

Here ya go.

I quilt and if I had a bathroom with those tiles I would totally make a matching quilt. Or maybe I would tile the bathroom to match a quilt I've already made? Hmm.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Here ya go.

I quilt and if I had a bathroom with those tiles I would totally make a matching quilt. Or maybe I would tile the bathroom to match a quilt I've already made? Hmm.

But how would you line the tiles up? It would ruin your design.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

You can get a rough idea from the UK prices, but in the end you'd have to price out your exact design.
https://originalfeatures.co.uk/collections/olde-english-tiles-tile-designs

ah yea, ~$13 a sq foot sounds about right

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Did anyone see last Friday's Questionable Content? I'm about 95% sure the first frame was referencing this thread.

https://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3955

The Something Awful forums: still relevant in TYOOL 2019.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

This is actually used for showering?

So, biodegradable soap and a short shower? Seems like you’d flood it with anything over 5 minutes even with drainage underneath and the stones would sink into the liquified soil.

I like the idea though.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Potted moss is super cheap and easy to keep in a bathroom.

If you can get the right plants for the lighting/humidity, they can do very well in bathrooms.

You definitely shouldn’t plant them into the structure of the bathroom

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Welcome to the Great Northern, Agent Cooper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Whoa, you're right. Same floorplan and everything.