Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Chinatown posted:

Driving up to Mammoth on Saturday (!) and wow theres not even one Costco north of the San Gabriel and east of the Sierra Nevada mountain ranges. Looks like its time to find some mom-n-pop gas stations to patronize.

I have also already located the required quirky BEEF jerky shack to stop at during the road trip to fill up on nuts, olives, and jerky.

Is it mahogany smoked meats? No nuts and olives but really good jerky. Expensive though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

keevo posted:

Been on a real salsa kick lately and I ended up buying Mateo's Gourmet Salsa. It's ok. It needs to be chunkier and spicier.

NEW YORK CITY?!

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Hopefully Costco has the decency to use real butter instead of margarine

Thw fake butter flavor makes me hate Cinnabon

I can confirm that they do use real butter.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had some salsa at my friend's house for the super bowl. The dumb rear end in a top hat is too lazy to check right now but I believe it was Kirkland brand.

It was pretty good.

edit: nm he has the flu right now and work made him come in even though he can do his job probably 95% from home. Yay America and doing it's damnedest to spread disease!

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 8, 2019

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

NEW YORK CITY?!

Get the rope!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3wK69d_TLY

I really hope my cousin gets some BITCHIN SAUCE for D&D tonight :thunk:

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 8, 2019

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Is it mahogany smoked meats? No nuts and olives but really good jerky. Expensive though

No I am coming from the south through the barren wasteland that is the high desert.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So how do you actually extract furniture from Costco? I also had my eye on a sectional but it’s looking like I’d have to hire a drat moving truck to get those boxes out of there. That or rent a pickup truck and make six trips.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

MisterOblivious posted:

If ya want chunky get the Kirkland.

New thread title?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I was at costco today and I saw a dude holding a baby with his hand and forearm up against his hip, i'm pretty sure that is not proper baby carrying technique.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smashing Link posted:

New thread title?

I like the current minimalist style.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I was at costco today and I saw a dude holding a baby with his hand and forearm up against his hip, i'm pretty sure that is not proper baby carrying technique.

Whatever works, man

Just no holding them by their ears.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

It’s the Heisman technique. I was actually taught it in the hospital before discharge. For each of my kids!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I liked carrying my babies on the hip. Football carry is pretty good too. The main thing is when they are really little you have to support the head and neck. My mom was a pediatric neurology nurse so I had this diluted into my head from a young age. Sometimes I see young moms in the grocery store with newborns and the kid's head is flailing around and I have to restrain myself from going and talking to them about it. Because there is no way that they are gonna take parenting advice from some random fat goony man that accosts them in the grocery store. So I just silently pray that they will get set straight at the next doctor visit.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Fallom posted:

So how do you actually extract furniture from Costco? I also had my eye on a sectional but it’s looking like I’d have to hire a drat moving truck to get those boxes out of there. That or rent a pickup truck and make six trips.

Yeah that's pretty much it. Once you buy it you're on your own time get it home. My Costco is across the street from a Home Depot so a lot of people go there to rent a truck. You could also order it online if it's available there and have it delivered, it would probably cost you a little more though.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Costco reading my mind.. Neighbors have been playing music loud into the night. Arriving at the Co I was presented with the harmonic wind chime which is very pleasant and very loud.
PB

Legato
Jul 7, 2004

Un cave troll espectacular!
Take me to church
I'll worship with a dog at the end of your line
Executive member, tell me where do I sign?
Offer me free samples yeah
Cheese slice, only 1.99

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Taking inventory of my wardrobe, like 80% of my day to day clothes came from Costco.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I went to Costco today and had a very fresh slice of pepperoni pizza and a coke. I caught myself saying "One bite, everybody knows the rules." before eating it and then I had stop for a minute and ask myself how many hours did I spend watching YouTube to automatically say this.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

Gatts posted:

I went to Costco today and had a very fresh slice of pepperoni pizza and a coke. I caught myself saying "One bite, everybody knows the rules." before eating it and then I had stop for a minute and ask myself how many hours did I spend watching YouTube to automatically say this.

Many more hours than I have, as I have no idea what that is in reference to. (Maybe I’m an “old” now!)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

clopping and cumming posted:

Many more hours than I have, as I have no idea what that is in reference to. (Maybe I’m an “old” now!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QsjdjUJAkA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIZL8aSBjEc&t=166s

Gatts fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 10, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

clopping and cumming posted:

I had never heard about or seen that video before today either but I think the userbase of these forums are mostly olds now anyways so it makes sense I guess.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm 37. I am an old.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Barstool sucks poo poo anyway so I'm fine not knowing about this catchphrase

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Big Grunty Secret posted:

sullying the costco thread with loving barstool of all things

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Seriously, gently caress Barstool Sports.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

they had some god awful patio bed on display when i walked through to buy my daily supply of wine study juice.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

If you had come back and said that quote was from My Little Pony or something you'd have left this thread with more dignity.

I went to Costco on Saturday and was able to get a parking spot only a quarter mile away from the entrance and didn't even have to circle the lot to find it. Got some Kirkland peanut butter and some pork tenderloin.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

The flip flops are great. The beer cozy ones. Get em!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Why does Barstool suck? Or never speak of it. I just know this dude and his posting about pizza and they're entertaining reviews.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Gatts posted:

Why does Barstool suck? Or never speak of it. I just know this dude and his posting about pizza and they're entertaining reviews.

They're notorious for stealing content without retribution and will threaten people with legal action if they defend themselves

A recent thread on the issue:

https://twitter.com/miel/status/1102689593432858624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

And a longer post on why they suck:
https://deadspin.com/stop-enabling-barstools-poo poo-1833092349

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 11, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
^^^^^

Gatts posted:

Most recently they got caught red handed stealing other comedians content with no credit. Went as far as to offer said comedian $50 gift card in barstool monies. Instead of, ya know, just giving credit to the creator. They deleted THOUSANDS of old tweets apparently in some sort of half rear end way of covering up their tracks since they've been stealing content for evers.

Also they treat their women employees as one expect a media organization called "barstool" would.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Quote is not edit oops

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Okay that sucks rear end. gently caress im.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
gently caress Barstool. I had to google your catchphrase when you posted it here and when I figured it out I went on a 90 minute hate-read about poo poo that sucks about Dave Portnoy and Barstool Sports.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Every late winter/spring, Costco starts clearancing a bunch of its furniture, presumably to begin stocking outdoor summer stuff. This has started at my local Costco (Bay Area, CA) so if you're on the lookout for super cheap, good quality furniture, now would be a good time.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

^^^^^

Most recently they got caught red handed stealing other comedians content with no credit. Went as far as to offer said comedian $50 gift card in barstool monies. Instead of, ya know, just giving credit to the creator. They deleted THOUSANDS of old tweets apparently in some sort of half rear end way of covering up their tracks since they've been stealing content for evers.

Also they treat their women employees as one expect a media organization called "barstool" would.

They deleted like 60% of their old tweets lol

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Dang Normandy veggies roasting at 425 for 30 minutes with drizzled olive oil and just salt and pepper is really dang good wow :kiss:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

KakerMix posted:

Dang Normandy veggies roasting at 425 for 30 minutes with drizzled olive oil and just salt and pepper is really dang good wow :kiss:

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey everyone it's warming up outside. Can't wait to sleep on my Costco hammock again.