Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

triplexpac posted:

Watch out, the Fastlane review WOR was a mistagged Observer Live for me

They did the same thing to the Bryan and Vinny Show for me too, I only figured out which file was which because Vinny's name was included in the authors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

the reality is people are mad dave is talking around the truth which is that the fed purposefully obfuscated the severity of roman’s cancer in order to get the reaction they want. whats funny is dave hasnt even suggested its scummy or carnie or anything but bad faith fed fans remain bad faith fed fans

Even if he did, you'd just get bad faith fans saying OMG FOCUS ON THE CANCER YOU MONSTER

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I cant believe Shave Seltzer pulled out a big needle that said CANCER on the side of it and injected it straight into Roman's shameful back, out of jealousy.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dave has a good 5 minutes of complaining at how dangerous Ibushi vs Naito was so I expect it to get at least 5.5*

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Destroyer show with Dave and Tenay is fantastic. It really speaks to how lovely TNA was that I found Tenay unlikeable and annoying for years. He comes off so great in his rare Observer appearances. (I think this was his first in 15 years.)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Great B&V video uploaded to Youtube today.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
They're real youtubers now as they have started cutting out the silences:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPDovQ4tMzY

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

imagine paying like a thousand or whatever dollars to guest host on B&V, for this nothing ppv, sniffling and snuffling the entire way through because you've got a runny nose, and then also using a racial slur.

and not even being close to the worst guest host they've had.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

also using a racial slur.

wait what

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

He talked about "feeling gypped". I did a double-take at that too, can't remember the last time I've actually heard anyone say that.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lmfao this dudes sniffles

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Turns out vince was right and everyone thinks sneezers are subhuman.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Some mark on Reddit wrote an extensive story about Dave Meltzer shutting his website down in the 90s, with no evidence, and Dave just straight up said he made the poo poo up

Got like a thousand upvotes and reddit gold for his fanfiction, lmao

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Low Desert Punk posted:

Some mark on Reddit wrote an extensive story about Dave Meltzer shutting his website down in the 90s, with no evidence, and Dave just straight up said he made the poo poo up

It was obvious bullshit but the reddit wrestling community seems to really have it in for Meltzer lately. There’s multiple threads each day full of bad faith criticism.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CopywrightMMXI posted:

It was obvious bullshit but the reddit wrestling community seems to really have it in for Meltzer lately. There’s multiple threads each day full of bad faith criticism.

I don’t follow squared circle, so I dunno, but I’m gonna guess he got lovely about the entire newsletter being copied and pasted there every week and now they’re being petulant about it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Low Desert Punk posted:

https://twitter.com/raulisonline/status/1104868350059036672

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I've said it before on this forum but man, the fury some people feel towards an affable, goofy old reporter is wild to me

There are people that have personally hosed me over that I hate less than people hate Dave Meltzer

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Low Desert Punk posted:

I've said it before on this forum but man, the fury some people feel towards an affable, goofy old reporter is wild to me

There are people that have personally hosed me over that I hate less than people hate Dave Meltzer

Well for some people* it has to rankle that they might consider themselves high powered Patreon fueled journalists, but they still get outreported every week by a 59 year old man living in drifts of paper, currently working with a broken right hand.

* I’m not referring to any of our noble scoopspersons here.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Low Desert Punk posted:

His verbal diarrhea is why he is funny.

Every once in a blue moon he will say something thirsty about a female wrestler and try to get it across really nonchalantly and it’s pretty funny. Like the time he wouldn’t stop asking Bryan if he saw Carmella’s new gear.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

quote:

"A lot of the guys have been beating each other off, so to speak"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dave meltzer's gross or dumb old man level is that of someone 10 to 11 years younger than jim ross, while he is actually only 8 years younger.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

Every once in a blue moon he will say something thirsty about a female wrestler and try to get it across really nonchalantly and it’s pretty funny. Like the time he wouldn’t stop asking Bryan if he saw Carmella’s new gear.
my favourite one of these was when he ridiculed Ryder for saying that winning the IC Title at Mania was the greatest night of his life, because “he used to date Emma”

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Cavauro posted:

dave meltzer's gross or dumb old man level is that of someone 10 to 11 years younger than jim ross, while he is actually only 8 years younger.

He isn’t grosser than anyone else I know of either gender. I mean if he thinks Carmella is hot in her new gear it’s not a big deal and it’s mostly just funny.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

my favourite one of these was when he ridiculed Ryder for saying that winning the IC Title at Mania was the greatest night of his life, because “he used to date Emma”

When he was asking about Carmella’s gear he interrupted Bryan like three times and when Bryan said he didn’t see it he goes, “oh...well then you missed out.” And then they immediately changed the subject and never mentioned it again.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

And he was completely right

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Don Muraco Don Muraco Don Muraco

eat Ole & Arn Anderson

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The people who hate Dave’s reasons can be boiled down to “he doesn’t like WWE and I hate that”. Which is insane because he fawns over every above average NXT match.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I think they mainly hate him because he's one of a scant few people making money talking about wrestling, and they wish they could be paid for their Geocities site or their Reddit posts.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah that hidden dave meltzer fortune

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

coconono posted:

So long as he doesn't spend his vast fortune on betamax tapes of All Japan he'll be just fin-
Dave walks by wearing nothing but a barrel

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

So long as he doesn't spend his vast fortune on betamax tapes of All Japan he'll be just fin-
Dave walks by wearing nothing but a barrel

I'll gladly pay you tuesday for a betamax today.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

coconono posted:

Dave Meltzer has probably made more money than many wrestlers

and I say good, because he is better than most of those carny fucks

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he's grosser than you, angry grimace.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

NienNunb posted:

The people who hate Dave’s reasons can be boiled down to “he doesn’t like WWE and I hate that”. Which is insane because he fawns over every above average NXT match.

I doubt they listen or read the observer. They just read the summaries of what he says.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

the "Dave is biased against WWE" poo poo is loving hilarious

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Low Desert Punk posted:

the "Dave is biased against WWE" poo poo is loving hilarious

The people who are convinced he hates Roman Reigns (predates his cancer diagnosis) are even funnier. Dave was the second most influential person on the internet praising every Reigns main event.

The most influential was of course me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno, I think Dave is more influential than LA Park.

But yeah, Dave would go "yeah that doesn't make any sense" when his own readers called Roman overrated so, lol.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm catching up on Dave and Garrett's show with Mike Tenay and just want to echo everybody else that it is really great. Especially the story about 7-year-old Tenay in a mask putting the Figure 4 on people :3:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Early Nitro Tenay is still my favorite commentator ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I always figured must be pretty loaded since the sub ain't cheap and they don't seem to have that many full time employees.