Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

There's actually a lot broken, probably don't build this until I fix it tomorrow.

Serephina posted:

Hahahah whoooo, "Not concered about balance" indeed! That staff of torment change is bonkers, I love it

That's straight out of trunk with no modification.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its cool and good that unrands can sometimes just be absurdly strong.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Yeah the chance of getting just the right unrand with just the right build is pretty close to nil, so they need to be strong enough to make the far more common scenario of "is it worth completely changing my game plan to use thing thing?" interesting.

Plus, this makes them REALLY fun on those rare occasions they show up in a game where you're building toward that weapon class anyway.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love
Love the unrand changes. Game gets better and better. Thanks FK!

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Fixed compiling and confirmed functionality through Robe of Misfortune, will do the rest after I take a break for a bit. Had to take out the patch that warns you from using AoE-on-melee unrandarts due to bugs I couldn't figure out, so be careful with those I guess.

Also, was wrong on the last page: Wrath of Trog is still a +8 axe; the +10 is actually an added Strength bonus that wasn't there before.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's some cool uradnarts I'm literally never ever going to encounter in my life

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Fixed everything else, it's safe to compile again. If you find Lear's Hauberk, it will generate an error about having too high an enchantment, but it works fine and nothing crashes so don't worry about it.

Other things I hosed up on the list:
Moon Troll leather armor is now Regen+++ (it was already Regen++, upping the regen count by 1 made it three plusses)

FulsomFrank posted:

Love the unrand changes. Game gets better and better. Thanks FK!

Make sure to thank trunk for some of the major changes and JonJoe for compiling them+the rest (even if it was a bit buggy). I only did the bug fixing part that happened because I forgot to test it before committing.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 5, 2019

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah crazy as it might sound those changes actually came mostly from Trunk. The devs do sometimes make fun improvements... its just always accompanied by bullshit like the traps rework, which they probably aren't even gonna tweak.

I'm pretty sure I saw gammafunk pooling through deathrates and he considered the increased lethality of Tomb and Zot:5 to be a feature rather than an issue :regd09:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah crazy as it might sound those changes actually came mostly from Trunk. The devs do sometimes make fun improvements... its just always accompanied by bullshit like the traps rework, which they probably aren't even gonna tweak.

I'm pretty sure I saw gammafunk pooling through deathrates and he considered the increased lethality of Tomb and Zot:5 to be a feature rather than an issue :regd09:
One of these months you're finally going to listen to us about switching over.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Oh god send help

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
You called him an elephant slug, now he's gonna elephant slug ya!

EDIT: Alternatively, your god answered you preemptively. :v:

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Polymorphing Gastronok never stops being old. It's a shame some of the other comical 'gotchas' aren't still about, like the robe of misfortune being un-id'd, etc.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I always assumed the robe of misfortune only existed as a sick joke and backhanded way of saying "ID artifacts before equipping them stupid".

Not sure why it exists now, other than to waste acquirement scrolls and make you sad.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Internet Kraken posted:

Not sure why it exists now, other than to waste acquirement scrolls and make you sad.
Because every time Oka gifts it to me I feel obligated to put it on at least once. Like a Christmas sweater given to you by a senile grandparent.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
I've been playing a bunch of Demonspawn lately and my experience with acquirement is that it really likes giving me armour for the body slot I'm going to end up losing later.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

Saigyouji posted:

I've been playing a bunch of Demonspawn lately and my experience with acquirement is that it really likes giving me armour for the body slot I'm going to end up losing later.

Yeah that can suck. I love demonspawn and if I get lucky and know I've got a spare scroll of acquirement I hold off until I know the body slot mutation because (and someone here can correct me otherwise) the game won't throw equipment at you if you can't actually wear it. That said it's been a bit and I can't remember but I'm not sure if your tier-1 mutation necessarily disqualifies you from getting something only for you to mutate next time and lol there goes you wicked armour.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Acquirement won't give you gear if you can't use it, but since you technically can use it with T1/2 body slot mutations, it'll happily ignore that you're going to be losing the slot at some point. (The exception is helmets, since you can't wear those at all with any tier of head mutation.)

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
It will happily give you hats if you have t1 horns, though!

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

I think I just had the dumbest death in Crawl history. I was reading unIDed scrolls, trying to get a magic mapping, since there was an Ossuary portal on the floor. I read an immolation as an adder skeleton came into LOS, and then the next scroll was holy word, which A) blasted my Ds and B) killed the skeleton, which promptly exploded at me.

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 7, 2019

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Saigyouji posted:

I think I just had the dumbest death in Crawl history. I was reading unIDed scrolls, trying to get a magic mapping, since there was an Ossuary portal on the floor. I read an immolation as an adder skeleton came into LOS, and then the next scroll was holy word, which A) blasted my Ds and B) killed the skeleton, which promptly exploded at me.

That is a hum-dinger.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Saigyouji posted:

drat, better get that framed

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Was mostly playing the new Path of Exile league, didn't get much progress done on the update I'm working on. Sorry that it's going on like a month now without one (aside from the uniques PR).

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

You're doing a ton of work for free, not working harder is the last thing you should be worrying about.

Also, found a bug with Drain Life/Ozocubo's Refrigeration (the monster versions, possibly the player versions too, but I'm not at my computer so I can't wizmode RN), where they crash the game.

(I kludged it in my build by giving Soul Eaters and Deathcaps Bolt of Draining and Fannar Freezing Cloud, because frankly the Crawl codebase terrifies me.)

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Saigyouji posted:

You're doing a ton of work for free, not working harder is the last thing you should be worrying about.

Also, found a bug with Drain Life/Ozocubo's Refrigeration (the monster versions, possibly the player versions too, but I'm not at my computer so I can't wizmode RN), where they crash the game.

(I kludged it in my build by giving Soul Eaters and Deathcaps Bolt of Draining and Fannar Freezing Cloud, because frankly the Crawl codebase terrifies me.)

gently caress :negative:

Drain Life fails for both, Ozo's only fails for monsters. Debugging now.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Saigyouji posted:

frankly the Crawl codebase terrifies me

Ah, finally, I've updated all the code related to X.

*code base screams at me*

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Fixed, there were more missing supporting commits that I've now cherry-picked in.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
How do you play a lava orc

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Average Bear posted:

How do you play a lava orc

I'll tell you how how you don't play it: cool

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Does joining the Orc God get rid of my hot explosions? I noticed my little clouds of heat weren't showing up after I converted

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Average Bear posted:

Does joining the Orc God get rid of my hot explosions? I noticed my little clouds of heat weren't showing up after I converted

Yeah, Beogh prevents your aura from working so you don't set your buddies on fire.

quote:

636209 Lyra Morax the Slayer (level 27, -3/240 HPs)
Began as a Demonspawn Abyssal Knight on Mar 12, 2019.
Was the Champion of Lugonu.
Killed by gravitational forces
... invoked by a singularity
... created by Canowkuf
(15 damage)
... on level 11 of the Dungeon.
The game lasted 04:25:11 (66233 turns).

Please remove Singularity again.

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 13, 2019

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
I'll admit, I don't entirely have my head around Singularity. It's a fun spell, but it always seems SO much more devastating in the hands of a Pan Lord than the player.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
The original way it worked was that its effect still persisted out of line of sight, so you could murder and deny enemies from entering that side of your vision without suffering attacks from them.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

quote:

1774736 Alma Forneus the Slayer (level 25, 223/223 HPs)
Began as a Demonspawn Abyssal Knight on Mar 13, 2019.
Was the Champion of Lugonu.
Escaped with the Orb
... and 3 runes!

The game lasted 03:24:09 (59814 turns).

Woop, finally got my first win of Gooncrawl specifically.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

No update again, I got distracted by Baba is You (worth full price if you like puzzle games).

petty witch
Mar 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Floodkiller posted:

No update again, I got distracted by Baba is You (worth full price if you like puzzle games).

youre having a baba and the baba is you?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Don’t you homestuck flashback me.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Scoring WIP (courtesy of bloodnok), may be buggy:
http://gooncrawl.montres.org.uk/
Post any bugs if you find them (please wait for at least an hour for recent games to show up). Currently only tracking CPO scores, working with bloodnok to try to find at least CBRO's as well.

Also working with chequers to update CPO to the latest version of Gooncrawl since it got dropped for a bit under the assumption it wasn't being updated anymore. X-Crawl seems to have stopped updating after a bunch of the devs forked from it to make bcrawl. No idea what's up with johnstein/CBRO since I haven't been idling in the ##crawl-dev IRC that often recently, but I still don't see experimentals up so no clue when it might get updated there. Currently reaching out to CKO's admin (a new server) to see if they would be willing to host.

Edit: CPO updated, but I just found out that you can't select Skeletons because console doesn't draw that far and WebTiles is based off of it. So I'm going to have to figure out how to fix that now.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 21, 2019

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Okay I am finally dabbling in this game again. As I have done on and off for years. Someone tell me the quickest and most stylish way to steal 3 runes, get the orb, and get out. As a reference to my amount of skill, I find myself frequently dying in the past at just after lair, or in the depths. I do not think I have gotten a rune, and in the past I've usually used a really boring MiFi to get there.

I'm trying a skald at the moment but what are important spell caster skill levels to hit before/after lair? I don't know the right balance between school, 'spellcasting' (mana right?) , 'fighting' (hp right?), and weapon skill, because I've been spoiled by the fighter and it's easier to pick a ranged weapon and hit max weapon skill and HP with a non caster.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

Toalpaz posted:

Okay I am finally dabbling in this game again. As I have done on and off for years. Someone tell me the quickest and most stylish way to steal 3 runes, get the orb, and get out. As a reference to my amount of skill, I find myself frequently dying in the past at just after lair, or in the depths. I do not think I have gotten a rune, and in the past I've usually used a really boring MiFi to get there.

I'm trying a skald at the moment but what are important spell caster skill levels to hit before/after lair? I don't know the right balance between school, 'spellcasting' (mana right?) , 'fighting' (hp right?), and weapon skill, because I've been spoiled by the fighter and it's easier to pick a ranged weapon and hit max weapon skill and HP with a non caster.

You should find a link to the version of crawl we all actually like that Floodkiller has busting his rear end to make, otherwise known as GoonCrawl.

If you want some easy 3-Runes I would say a Gargoyle might be a good choice but I think Formicides are my favourite thanks to easy murder-holing, inante -Tele, immunity to some of the worst mutations, and their ability to equip two-handed weapons AND a shield. I'll let someone else chime in more on the spellcasting side but weapon skill you really want to hit what's called minimum delay, which is when you hit @ you see a message telling you how quickly you swing your weapon. As soon as you hit that you can generally turn it off or at least minimize its priority unless you're planning on moving up in the chain with that weapon tree (hand axe, battle-axe, broad-axe, executioner's...).

Spellcasting is tricky and relies on you knowing what spells are out there and what are going be more useful than others. The cool thing about GoonCrawl is that we've got perma-buffs now, so no more having to recast things like regeneration constantly, you do it once and boom, you're good until you change armour or something else weird comes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'm playing goon crawl, and I'm aware of weapon delay and such, I just don't know whether I need to rush to min weapon delay, when to start training dodge or arm, when to start training spellcraft, and HP. Also I'm playing a Djinni atm and panic read a bunch of unknown scrolls: