Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
I got a old fashioned ransom note in my mail stating if I don't help get to the next page then DN will shave my cat and paint it purple to look like Purrlion.

Which is weird cause I don''t own a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Hello everyone and welcome to the Holon Region! We'll be here for the next several updates, so let's get comfy, yeah? Personally I'm excited, because there are a bunch of delta pokemon here in Holon and we're gonna be catching as many as we possibly can!

We're currently in Settlement Foxtrot. It's not really a town, per-se, it's more like an expedition camp. The Holon Region is a trackless place. The only paths you'll see are in the camps themselves. A lot of it is uncharted, and so the maps look a little more "wild" as a result.

assignment.

:3: Everyone here is so friendly.

You may have seen the music note rock on the map above. This is actually a relic song wall, and behind it is a Delta Meloetta. We'll be back for her later, and I'll cover her then. Recall that in the last update, I mentioned that the final sliding tile puzzle is in this region.

If you read the thread between updates, then you'll know what we find in that pyramid. If not, then you're in for a pleasant surprise in a few updates!

The Emolga Taxi guy followed us to Holon, but we can't use him to Fly here. There are some pokemon you can only get via soaring, and we'll cover that at the appropriate time. The gaudy rear end building behind him is the regon's equivalent to the pokecenter.

We can't enter our secret base from here, but there's a chansey to heal and a PC to swap the party around.

We'll see him later this update.

families.

Somehow I'm not surprised that Nora's also here. Being part of a research expedition seems like the sort of thing she'd enjoy.

None of the puzzles are brain twisters, but they do require some lateral thinking.

If, for whatever reason, you have fossils you absolutely must revive, this guy's here in town too.

The large building is the expedition HQ.

most of Holon is still wild terrain.

We've already met. I'm Professor Pine, of course, and that's Professor Maple.
Charmed.

I'm in the more experimental side of this project. I'm developing special pokeballs on commission for the University, and helping out with the study of Deltas found.

Was. Amy has raised more Delta species than anyone in this room, so she's the expert now.

That's right. I'm here to try and examine the Deltas here and see what they can tell us about the distant past of this region. Why are there so many Deltas? Why are Deltas usually so much stronger? These are the kind of questions I try and answer with my research.

where they come from.

It'd be nice if you could help us out, Amy. We can supply you with pokeballs and information you can't get anywhere else. Professor Pine can hook you up with any supplies you might need, and you and I can divide and conquer the region.

Sounds good!

If you go north through the grasslands, we have another settlement there. I can meet you there, if you'd like.
I'll be dropping by the different settlements. We don't have pokemarts here, so I can get you access to all the supplies you need.
Oh and... one of your friends was invited here, too. I think her name was... Nora? She was out looking for Delta Species Pokemon, too. I think she's working on something slightly different, but you might see her once or twice.

It's honestly a shame that Damian is missing out on this. He would have loved doing this sort of thing.

Anyways, thanks for coming, Amy. Let's meet up again!

Let's buy some poo poo from Pine.

Snore Ball - 1x catch rate. If it fails, it puts the pokemon it was used on into a 1 turn sleep.
Delta Ball - 5x Catch Rate on Delta species, 1x on everything else
Shiny Ball - 255x Catch Rate on Shinies, 1x on everything else
Ancient Ball - 5x Catch Rate on Legendaries, 1x on everything else

Pine also sells infinite amounts of honey for 200x cheaper than the guy at the pokemon league.

The biomes between the settlements are pretty big. The grasslands has a bunch of regular pokemon, and four Delta species to catch. So let's get cracking!

If that's what you really want, sure.

Fuckin'... I got some words about Delta Karrablast.

There's a hidden grotto in the corner of those trees just behind Amy. We'll be back for it in a bit.

Classy. Threatening to beat up a child.

Good luck.

Heheh. Jones.

Up on the northern end of the zone there's a sign.

Here comes Delta Treecko.

There goes Delta Treecko. The game doesn't let you move after you hit the buzzer, so you can't ambush him. We'll come back to this puzzle in a bit.

It's not like you can stop me!

Delta Karrablast hangs out in this tree trunk, but only during a real life full moon. The game tracks it down to the start time in minutes. So I had to google it.

quote:

The next full moon will occur on March 20th, 2019 at 9:43 PM ET and will be a Full Worm Moon.

And then I had to actually set my PC time and date to March 20th, at 9:43 PM.

Delta Karrablast's line is Fairy-type. Their abilities are Gluttony (Makes the Pokemon use a held Berry earlier than usual), Sweet Veil (Prevents itself and ally Pokemon from falling asleep), and Simple (Hidden; The Pokemon is prone to wild stat changes). To evolve it, you still need to trade it for Shelmet.

It seems like it's pretty powerful, but it's also a physical attacking fairy type. And this one doesn't even get Shell Smash to make use of Simple.

We can start the next puzzle by coming down to this little flower garden.

We have to disturbe the resident Combee.

No Vespiquen for us!

With Combee gone, we need to enter a building and return. For our purposes, a grotto works just fine, so...

In we go!

This isn't a normal hidden grotto. Only one pokemon lives in here.

I love that Delta Mawile is a rose bush. It's so fitting and I don't even know why. Anyway, it's Grass/Dark type! Its abilities are Serene Grace (Boosts the likelihood of additional effects occurring), Aroma Veil (Protects allies from attacks that limit their move choices), and Immunity (Hidden; Prevents the Pokemon from getting poisoned). Meanwhile, Mega Delta Mawile gets Regenerator (Restores a little HP when withdrawn from battle).

Mega Mawile losing Huge Power limits its usefulness, but it is a pretty pokemon at least.

Now that we've reloaded the area, let's return to the flower garden.

There's a Mothim here now!

We need to reload the area again, so... back in a second.

Now there's an Unfezant.

It changed genders between the map and the battle.

Reloading the area one last time...

'sup?

This is a different Delta Petilil. This one is Fairy/Flying type. Its abilities are Serene Grace, Synchronize (Passes poison, paralyze, or burn to the Pokemon that inflicted it), and Healer (Hidden; Sometimes heals an ally's status condition).

It doesn't learn very many STAB moves, though it does learn Moonblast and Hurricane. It's cute, but I don't see myself ever using it.

Let's go get Delta Treecko next! But first...

This was hidden in the Deta Mawile grotto.

You probably saw the Heart Swap statue earlier. Well, what we need to do is drag it over to where Delta Treecko runs past.

It's actually a fairly clever puzzle that requires thinking outside the box.

I like it.

That should be good enough.

He runs into the statue and just stops.

Delta Treecko and Delta Grovyle are Normal/Fighting type, while Delta Secptile is Dragon/Fighting. Its line only has two abilities... Inner Focus (Protects the Pokemon from flinching) and Iron Fist (Hidden; Powers up punching moves).

The slight problem is that Sceptile is a special attacker, with 105 base SpAtk, vs 85 base Atk. It learns mostly physical moves. Sadly, just another delta that doesn't have the stats to make proper use of the moves it learns.

If it had been a female, I'd have named it Julie-san

And I'm actually gonna cut the update here!

NEXT TIME: Holon Marsh

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Mar 11, 2019

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I really, really like the idea of a postgame region dedicated to cool delta mons.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Petilil is adorable

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!
Hey, at least that's a flaw inherited from regular Sceptile. :V

Out of curiosity, can you not use your following Pokemon to block Delta Treecko, or does it just... run through it or something?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
oh my gosh that mawile and petlil :kimchi:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Man, that fight against Reukra was really obnoxious. Mega Garchomp changing to bug type really screwed me up and also it one-shot critted me 3 times in a row when I finally got myself into a spot where I didn't think I could lose the fight. I'm liking what I've seen of the post-game content (I'm slightly ahead of where you are.) I really wish the deltas were more diverse, though. There's a lot of psychic, fairy, steel, dark, and dragon and not very many that aren't one of those types. And a lot of them either have terrible move pools or have all their good moves gated behind late game TMs or heart scales that don't seem to exist in this game.

I made the choice to not use any of the ones that you used just for novelty's sake and man, it's been kinda rough. So many of them need TMs that don't show up until late in the game to be decent. Mega Delta Scizor is an absolute monster though.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Delta Mawile is a top fuckin' tier 'mon. I think I love it.

What a great design!

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Oh man these deltas are so cute! :3: I think the shiny Petilil might be a Legend of Zelda reference too.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

if nothing else I can say the natural environments in this game are still pleasant.

Holon does actually have some images from the TCG available, but so far it seems they're doing their own thing? Interested to see if they use some of the TCG stuff more. I kind of like some of the imagry and would probably make for good baseline on design work.

Holon City and its research tower show up a lot in the backgrounds of cards, and is the main focus of the first set, EX Delta Species. Or in japan, "Holon Research Tower"
The tower is actually what resulted in the delta mutations that gave the Holon sets their gimmick.

The reason the settlements were set up in the TCG's backstory was to find Mew, Deltas weren't native to the region.The Mirage Forest, where Mew is, was the focus of the second set.

The couple NPCs that mention there being a prior civilization are spot on at least

And mysterious structures in the Holon Lake

There's also some off-shore islands with ~mysterious crystals~

Like, hella crystals. Almost every card in the Crystal Guardians set has a ton of crystals jutting out of everything. Like this ludicolo chilling on some crystals

and a separate island chain that appares to have naturally occuring delta pokemon, separate from the mutations caused by the research tower. I couldn't find a good promotional image of that but there were these trainer cards from that island's set

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I totally forgot that Holon stuff was in the TCG, even though I have way too many cards from that expansion. Thanks rannum!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Deltas are a gimmick that I'm surprised the TCG never really revisited.

There were what? Four, five Delta sets?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh that's where Holon is from! I was thinking it was some dumb fangame region. Instead it's an actual place adapted to become a dumb fangame region.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Vandar posted:

Deltas are a gimmick that I'm surprised the TCG never really revisited.

There were what? Four, five Delta sets?

5 sets, yeah.
EX Delta Species, EX Legend Maker, EX Holon Phantoms, EX Crystal Guardians and EX Dragon Frontier

I can't blame them too much for not revisiting it. The gimmick of , like, a fire type Ludicolo kind of loses its luster in a tcg. Makes sense to move on to other wildly different gimmicks, like the Lost Zone (which they DID kind of revist recently). And they probably appreciate players being able to pull a Pokemon and instantly know it's going to do one of two things maximum.

Interestingly while it was the last time they'd have this gimmick until Alolan Forms happened, Holon itself is kind of a revisit or culmination of similar gimmicks done earlier:

The gen 2 sets' Shining Pokemon were ridiculously rare and also complete garbage because while their type matched their actual typings as usual, their moves would often call on all kinds of energy. Also you could only have like one in your deck ever. Later Shiny pokemon would drop this gimmick entirely. The type gimmick would kind of come back with the Dragon type years later.

The first 3 or so "e-card" sets had Crystal Pokemon. These pokemon are treated as normal/colorless types, have ridiculous costs that draw on different types and their central gimmick was changing form based on the type of energy you last played on them. So you put an electric energy on this Nidoking, and it turns into a electric type for that turn.

The EX era had 2 sets, separated by a few normal ones, based on Team Aqua/Magma and Team Rocket that had the primary gimmick of dual typed Pokemon, with their Owned pokemon being part counted as both their normal ttyping AND Dark type even if the Pokemon itself wasn't dark.
Holon had a few of those as well, especially in its first set with a bunch of dual type pokemon getting metal.

Crosspeice posted:

Oh that's where Holon is from! I was thinking it was some dumb fangame region. Instead it's an actual place adapted to become a dumb fangame region.
Holon is also the only time, so far as I'm aware, where they made up a region for their sets. They otherwise stick with the game regions (the BW sets were very cool about having Unova landmarks in the card arts of every card) or keep things very generic.

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!
I'm kind of surprised that there aren't more fangames drawing on TCG lore (besides, well, Insurgence, and even then they're changing a bit to fit into its canon). There's some weird stuff going on in the lore presented in the box descriptions.

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
I find the delta designs in this game to be hit or miss but I like that they really tried to make some cool different forms of Pokemon. Also Delta Mawile is amazing and I want one.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Crosspeice posted:

Honestly it's just one more thing that makes me realize Insurgence was made by actual fans of Pokemon as a franchise, and despite the silly edginess and difficulty they came at it as a labor of love for something they really enjoy earnestly. Instead of Reborn which is just hate.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This should be a gentle battle.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So wait, Deltas are uh, "pseudo-canon"? At least in terms of "something official had them at one point, but not in the main series games"? Oh and the new region is also of the same state?

:psyboom:

Ok that's impressive and a point in Insurgence's favor.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

:kimchi: That Delta Mawile oh my goodness. And Delta Petilil/Lilligant! I love them. It kinda sucks that it's all postgame, though. They're so cool I'd want to use them from the start.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

iospace posted:

So wait, Deltas are uh, "pseudo-canon"? At least in terms of "something official had them at one point, but not in the main series games"? Oh and the new region is also of the same state?

:psyboom:

Ok that's impressive and a point in Insurgence's favor.

They’re canon in the sense that the TCG had the basic concept of them, but didn’t change their appearance. It was just a type change that usually had an aura around the Delta Pokémon.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Vandar posted:

They’re canon in the sense that the TCG had the basic concept of them, but didn’t change their appearance. It was just a type change that usually had an aura around the Delta Pokémon.
They've honestly got a lot more in common with regional forms, and that's kind of impressive too since I assume the game was made before they were a thing.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
It definitely predates Sun and Moon, since it lacks anything from Gen 7 whatsoever. Like one early game NPC comments on Alolan stuff, but that could've been a later addition before Sun and Moon even released for all I know.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Taking the idea of regional variants and mixing it with delta typing definitely made for some good mons.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

DoubleNegative posted:

If you read the thread between updates, then you'll know what we find in that pyramid. If not, then you're in for a pleasant surprise in a few udpates!
Seems you have your letters swapped here.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Hello everyone and welcome back. Today we find ourselves in Settlement Oscar.

It's bordering four different biomes simultaneously. Back to the west is the grasslands, to the north is a lake, to the east is a marsh, and then to the south lies a desert. I don't think real geography necessarily works like that but whatever. It's not like the suitability of deserts is a thing the mainline game map designers take into consideration either! :shrug:

Good to see you again, Amy! I've been examining the area... and it seems there are a couple directions we can go from here. There's a lake up north, but you need to be able to climb waterfalls to get up there. There's a marsh to the east and a desert to the south. Hmm... why don't you take the desert, I'll take the marsh?

Sure.

Afterwards, we can regroup and double-check to make sure we haven't missed anything. The desert's just south of here! Good luck!

We're totally going to the marsh next. It's an entirely optional area, but it does have some neat delta species to check out.

There are only four settlements, but you can use them to access seven different biomes! And each biome has their own rare and Delta Species poikemon. How cool is that?

If you can build a settlement on the cross section of three biomes- you'll have resources aplenty!

Why does that sound like a tip for Minecraft?

That famous evil guy? Well, there's only a handful of evil guys with weird hair...

But there's only one we can turn into.

Uh... neat?

We'll grab this later.

Tangela is one of those pokemon that I've always wanted to use, but never found the occasion to. Ever since I first saw it, I thought it was cool as hell.

Remember that Gastly we caught in update 3? I wasn't saving it for anything in particular, but...

Delta Numel and Camerupt are pure Poison type. Their three abilities are Venomous (All poison inflicted is toxic), Poison Point (Chance to poison on attack), and Liquid Ooze (Hidden; Deals damage when leech life or absorb moves are used). Mega Delta Camerupt keeps Venomous. That means that Delta Camerupt is the only fully evolved pokemon that has Venomous as a non-hidden ability.

You're drat right we're gonna use him for a while. He even learns Corrode as a level up move. This guy seems awesome as hell.

His IVs leave a little to be desired, but IV stones exist so even that can be fixed. Maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on Venomous, but it's such a cool ability. I wish Delta Deino kept it, and Delta Purrloin could get it before the postgame.

We're still mostly set from the last time we bought stuff from Pine, but there is one thing I want to pick up for the marsh.

Honey. We'll actually need some here in a bit.

We'll also need the services of Hetfield the Gigalith once more. Why? Because he knows Headbutt.

Now that we're properly equipped, let's head into a marsh!

Before I show this map, I'd like to point out that this is at 1:4 size!

Holon Marsh isn't really a place you explore. You just kinda blindly wander around until you stumble across whatever it is you're looking for. Even if you kinda know where you're going, you never really know exactly where you are. It's not a great map because everything looks samey. And don't forget this is at 1:4 size.

Here's the entrance in 1:1. Now imagine trying to wander around in that when all you're seeing is 512x384

This is all you're ever going to see at one time. Even in the grasslands, things looked different enough that you could generally tell where you were at a glance. It's one of my few gripes about the otherwise excellent map design in this game.

Captain Kidd?

I'm just kinda wandering around. There's really no rhyme or reason to where I'm going.

This looks important.

Is that a Goomy?

Delta Goomy's line is Water/Ground type. Their abilities are Overcoat (Protects the Pokemon from things like sand, hail and powder), Water Absorb (Restores HP if hit by a Water-type move), and Gooey (Hidden; Contact with the Pokemon lowers the attacker's Speed stat).

This one seems like a weird gimmick. Water/Ground types only take normal damage from water anyway, so Water Absorb is a weird addition. Otherwise, it's Goomy. It has an absurdly high base SpDef, and can attack pretty much equally well with special or physical attacks. Also it's a pseudolegendary.

So, y'know, it's good. It's just deathly allergic to grass moves.

Fun fact, I once had a boss try to shame me for using an umbrella after he told me to go stand out in the pouring rain and direct traffic.

The flowers here are where we spread honey to attract another delta species.

and mess up my data!

You might recognize this woman's face, because I use it as Professor Pine's portrait. Otherwise she doesn't get one.

We have to reload the area for the delta to show up, so we'll get back around to it just before we're done in here.

Delta Tentacool's line is Grass/Poison type, and their abilities are Regenerator, Poison Touch, and Overgrow (Hidden; Powers up Grass-type moves when the Pokemon is in trouble).

It actually has more weaknesses and fewer resistances than regular Tentacruel. It's still cool looking, but it's just not as good as the non delta version.

I had to :colbert:

Why did you wear your nice pants into a marsh?

If you're this upset about your pants, you're in for a hell of a surprise when you realize your socks are just as caked in mud.

Amy's a child. There's just some wordplay you never use with kids, dipshit.

And now I've gotten lost. We've made a complete circuit around the area and I somehow missed at least one trainer.

Just north of that last guy was this guy.

Huh? (This is actually copied dialogue from a trainer in the desert.)

This tesseract rift will eventually lead us to another delta species.

Mega Poliwrath has No Guard (All attacks made by and made against this pokemon connect) for an ability. It's actually pretty good! The Insurgence dev team worked some magic with this sucker.

There's a bunch of items hidden around the tesseract rift.

The delta species is in the bottom right corner.

than answers.

:stonk: My dude, you're probably gonna be trapped here in this marshy hell for the rest of your life unless a passing Celebi takes pity on you. Sadly we can't lead him back to safety.

The bottom left corner has a heart swap statue.

Delta Froakie and Frogadier are both grass type. Delta Greninja is Grass/Fire type. All three have Steadfast (Boosts the Speed stat each time the Pokemon flinches) and Prankster (Gives priority to a status move) as abilities.

Delta Greninja is pretty usable. It's fast as lightning, and its base attack is 8 points lower than its base spatk, meaning it can use both pretty equally. You can also absolutely pull some bullshit with Prankster.

Could be useful.

Anyway, that's all we can do back here.

Somewhere in the middle of the real world, we find this item.

And thankfully the tesseract rift counts for reloading the area, so...

Delta Yanma's line is Grass/Flying type. Yanma has Adaptability (Powers up moves of the same type as the Pokemon), Leaf Guard (Prevents status conditions in sunny weather), and Natural Cure (All status conditions heal when the Pokemon switches out) for abilities. Delta Yanmega, on the other hand, has Chlorophyll (Boosts the Pokemon's Speed stat in sunshine) instead of Leaf Guard.

It's still got the same number of weaknesses and resistances as regular Yanmega, the types are just shuffled around some. I guess it would still be good? Maybe?

Anyway, that's all the damage we can do in the marsh.

That black belt wanted us to find his embarrassing stuff. It's around this red rock.

I don't think that was it...

According to the wiki...

quote:

After speaking with the Black Belt in Settlement Oscar concerning his Embarrassing Stuff, the player can find the item directly northwest of the red rock.

And according to the items list on the wiki...

quote:

On the ground three steps away from the blue flowers found directly above the red rock (only appears after agreeing to help the Black Belt in Settlement Oscar) (hidden)

poo poo ain't here, captain.

I actually had to look this up in RPG Maker because I couldn't find it for anything. The embarrassing stuff is found two tiles above the boulder's interact point, and all the way west against the cliff face.

Don't forget that hidden items in Insurgence can only be found from one particular direction. So you have to come from the east to find it. At least the wiki editors aren't mixing up right and left again. :sigh:

We could have gotten Deta Scizorite before we even got a mega bracelet. So why is this found here? :psyduck:

And... that's actually all for now!

NEXT TIME: The Holon Desert and its pyramid of intrigue!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Big fan of tracking down some guy's porn stash

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

So does Insurgence have any NG+ mechanic or anything? Feels a bit annoying to have all these fancy Deltas locked to postgame, especially with some of they levels they start at.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

BisbyWorl posted:

So does Insurgence have any NG+ mechanic or anything? Feels a bit annoying to have all these fancy Deltas locked to postgame, especially with some of they levels they start at.

Well, don't forget, levels aren't nearly as rough as they seem because of the Arduino trainer. Still though, it is a bummer that so many of these neat guys are locked behind the entire game, especially since DN's mentioned how locked down the game is. Makes me think hacking it or whatever so you can catch them early on would be quite difficult. :smith:

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Big fan of tracking down some guy's porn stash

He's a black belt so it's obviously stuff like his Male Vitality Serum

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Couldn't stop worrying over how Reborn would handle that little fetch quest...
Thanks for taking the high road, Insurgence. I assume the icon for it in your inventory is just a bag?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
a bag with a No symbol on it.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

BisbyWorl posted:

No NG+ mechanic, but there's nothing stopping you from breeding your own versions of the deltas, trading them to a friend to hold onto, and having that friend trade them to you in your new file. If you wanted to twink it out, you could farm up a bunch of IV stones to get them to full 31 across the board, and then use a combination of ability capsules and dream mist to get all of them to the most broken abilities they have.

MR. J posted:

Couldn't stop worrying over how Reborn would handle that little fetch quest...
Thanks for taking the high road, Insurgence. I assume the icon for it in your inventory is just a bag?

You know, I never actually checked until now but...

Kurieg posted:

a bag with a No symbol on it.

It really is this. Check it out

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

all of these deltas ARE GREAT

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Smh Mega Poliwrath doesn't have a wrestling champion belt like in that anime episode.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Funky Valentine posted:

Smh Mega Poliwrath doesn't have a wrestling champion belt like in that anime episode.

I'm absolutely enjoying all these Deltas. Usability aside, they all have great designs. (With a couple exceptions.)

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Obnoxious as that marsh map is, it's still better than the Gen 4 marsh where you randomly got stuck in the mud every few steps. Constantly.

Also,

Miss posted:

all of these deltas ARE GREAT

Yes they are. Especially digging that yanma, looks awesome. (I don't understand the fandom's obsession with Greninja though. Ash's version was dumb as hell and it's a frog using its own tongue as a scarf, it's too weird for me to like even if it is a ninja.)

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Black Robe posted:

Yes they are. Especially digging that yanma, looks awesome. (I don't understand the fandom's obsession with Greninja though. Ash's version was dumb as hell and it's a frog using its own tongue as a scarf, it's too weird for me to like even if it is a ninja.)

The yanma is amazing, so is the tentacool/cruel. Can't decide which one I prefer!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Carnivore vine tentacool is sick as hell yeah

Elchar
Jan 15, 2019

one majestic bitch
Tree Tentacools remind me of those treetop octopuses (octopi?) from Future is Wild. I know Tentacool is a jellyfish, not an octopus and it is not an intentional reference or anything... but I still find that neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That Greninja looks insanely cool and I'd gladly use it if it didn't appear so late in the postgame.