Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
thanks disney i hate it

they're playing the swans and the back is red, like thors cape.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

That's not good

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

drunkill posted:

thanks disney i hate it

lmao

is this a vest for male gamers?

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I’m the 2 pokeballs in the middle

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Chris Hemsworth is going to attend the game, and sit on the throne of Asgard that has been shipped over from set storage.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

NTRabbit posted:

Chris Hemsworth is going to attend the game, and sit on the throne of Asgard that has been shipped over from set storage.

I can't tell if this is satire anymore

Gil McLachlan was a mistake

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

drunkill posted:

thanks disney i hate it

lmao

Imagine being an 18yo first gamer and having to debut in that, lol.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

strap on revenge posted:

you cAn Chromecast with screen mirroring on Android if your quick settings panel has the cast option. you have to start it while the video is running but it works

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Fingers crossed!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Imagine if instead we had a finals series with North, Freo, Melbourne and Adelaide

No, you see AFLW is not supposed to actually be good.

I can't wait to see how the AFL manages to come up with an even worse conference breakdown next year. Maybe they can put all the Victorian teams in the same conference or something.

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Mar 12, 2019

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

drunkill posted:

thanks disney i hate it

lmao

What a shocker that is, particularly since I've always felt that the Bulldogs have arguably the best strip in the AFL.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

drunkill posted:

thanks disney i hate it

lmao

What the gently caress.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Yeah you can take back all those comments about the Power Rangers guernsey now.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Perfetto :discourse:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

drunkill posted:

thanks disney i hate it

lmao

I came to post this to say it looks awful and is loving stupid and Marvel is also loving stupid.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

This is a good article and I really like the idea of shortening the men's season to 17 rounds, and using the extra six weeks to extend the women's season to 13 rounds. It's so obvious that I'm surprised I hadn't thought of it already.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah but it won't happen.

The game makes far too much money for them to cut rounds.

There is no problem overlapping the aflw and afl, as long as though it put into it so there are no scheduling conflicts. Last season I would have gone to a few vflw games had they not been on around the same time as the mens matches but out in craigieburn or werribee with only an hour between games.

In other news, carlton have broken the clubs all time membership record, 56k. On track to hit 60k in round 2 or 3 if we play well. Should be an 80k club in a few short years. The club has really reinvented the membership department which used to be contracted (it had a new south wales phone number in the past) but is now club staff at the club in newly built offices which allows the membership department to grab a few players to make a phonecalls every day to sign people up.

Giving away ~$2m in free membership upgrades helped get 10,000 new members signed up too. Upgrades form 3 game members to 11 game. From 11 game to reserved seat memberships, captains club level members to the new highest tier legends lounge members for the year. Hoping that a whole bunch of people will stay on the higher tier going forward.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

drunkill posted:

Giving away ~$2m in free membership upgrades helped get 10,000 new members signed up too.

Carlton in financial doping shocker

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Carlton fudging numbers again I see.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Nah, Adelaide are the ones who fudge numbers.

Claimed they had 82k last year but ended up with 64k or in 2017 say they have 72k members then it drops down to 56 when the AFL does the audit.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Seems a bit strange. Are we counting some category of members that AFL doesn't recognise?

It seems weird that we'd just claim tens of thousands of extra members when it gets audited every year, and continue to do it over multiple years.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
There are so many categories of membership now who knows what the AFL counts and doesn't. Maybe it's match day only? Maybe they're excluding pet memberships? Nobody knows.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Crows count their email subscribers. Or pet memberships.

AFL only counts 3 game memberships or a value of over $50aud.

International and some non-access memberships count too but there are weird rules with those also?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Port lost 7k on their claim, so it might have something to do with Adelaide Oval members that the clubs count but AFL house doesn't

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Have the clubs checked any local bankvaults for the missing members?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Not surprising to see Richmond bandwagoning it the hardest.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

Not surprising to see Richmond bandwagoning it the hardest.

Tigers had been accumulating a ton of members anyway before they won the flag, there was an interesting data analytics talk via YouTube somebody shared last year that helped explain. They started targeting different markets in a smart (business) way and reaped benefits.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
And the head of the membership department at Richmond the past 8 or so years is now the ceo of Carlton.

He's made huge changes already to the club but specifically for memberships he built a new office and brought it all inhouse. I used to get carlton membership calls and texts from the NSW number as it was outsourced. They're now all carlton staff and located in the same building so they can grab a few players each day to ring up past members and get them to sign up again.

And a lot more communication with fans, the club announced a 5 year plan today with targets for growth and the redevelopment of princes park with aims of 80k members within 5 years.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Should have made it really long term and gone with a 5 win plan imo

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Hey we're trying to set realistic goals here.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

drunkill posted:

And the head of the membership department at Richmond the past 8 or so years is now the ceo of Carlton.

He's made huge changes already to the club but specifically for memberships he built a new office and brought it all inhouse. I used to get carlton membership calls and texts from the NSW number as it was outsourced. They're now all carlton staff and located in the same building so they can grab a few players each day to ring up past members and get them to sign up again.

And a lot more communication with fans, the club announced a 5 year plan today with targets for growth and the redevelopment of princes park with aims of 80k members within 5 years.

Saints have done a similar thing, all done in house, and managed to add on 10k in members over the last 4 rather lean years.

The start to this season will really dictate if we can push that further.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I like the day grand final and if pressed would vote to keep it, but there are things I'm far more traditionalist about. I'd let them play it at 2am in exchange for removing video boundary fence advertising, for example.

drunkill posted:

the club announced a 5 year plan today

red behaviour from the blues

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I couldn't care less what time of day the GF is played.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-15/st-kilda-defender-taking-a-break-from-footy-for-entire-season

Can't really blame him. You can't go putting your life at risk for the sake of footy when you've got kids. Or any time, really (see: potentially McCartin), but having kids puts a lot more weight on things.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Saints will be picking up Sam Rowe as a replacement apparently.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Joe Daniher has tweaked his calf

Also, lol SCG. This is after 1 rugby game, a dozen more to play this winter.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

drunkill posted:

Joe Daniher has tweaked his calf

Also, lol SCG. This is after 1 rugby game, a dozen more to play this winter.

Gonna be an old school tar-pit by mid-season, Josh Kennedy will love it

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Dale Morris (doggies) has done his ACL

SSP ends at 5pm today so they've gotta be quick in selecting someone as a replacement for the year.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

drunkill posted:

Nah, Adelaide are the ones who fudge numbers.

Claimed they had 82k last year but ended up with 64k or in 2017 say they have 72k members then it drops down to 56 when the AFL does the audit.

For a second I was like oh hey the suns aren't at the bottom! :negative: I check the news rarely enough that I half expect the Suns to have folded each time I look.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Volkerball posted:

For a second I was like oh hey the suns aren't at the bottom! :negative: I check the news rarely enough that I half expect the Suns to have folded each time I look.

Look at it the positives, after both co-captains requested a trade away from the club in the same year, surely you guys can't get any worse!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

With the Giants successfully giving Geelong a touch up, the Bulldogs are now in prime position to ensure that every single team in conference B has a worse record than every single team in conference A. It will take some percentage boosting to get that bit of it, but I hope they do it, because that would be hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
So basically any win by Brisbane sees them in the finals. If so they'll be the only team to have featured in all three AFLW finals series.

And they're facing Collingwood, so you'd have to say it's likely. Poor Geelong, imagine relying on Collingwood to keep you alive.

In any event, this now guarantees that a team that lost more matches than it won will play finals, possibly two teams. Carlton vs Bulldogs will also help to determine whether a single team in Conference B manages to finish with a percentage of 100%. Given that Carlton have already qualified for the finals, they're not going to have much to play for. Potentially if Brisbane have a big win, Carlton might have to ensure they don't lose by too much or else risk losing the home final, but that's about it.

Bulldogs would need a winning margin of 6 goals to overtake Carlton's percentage, and so far this season six goals is their highest tally, so I don't see it happening. Still, it's kinda funny that it's still a possibility.

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 15, 2019