Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]

:siren: This game is only for players planning to participate in Everdunes. It is already full! :siren:

Join the discord for the game here: https://discord.gg/rqwhTUX

If you have not heard of Everdunes, I suggest you wander on over here. to take a look.

You’ve been walking for an hour. The last thing you remember before starting this trek was your councilor coming into your bunk and presenting you with a blindfold. A voice whispers in your ear “stop.” You stand still. With a jerk, your blindfold is removed from your head. The light from the fire blinds you, for a moment.

A circle of 9 stones, all placed an equal distance apart from each other, surrounds a roaring campfire in the middle of the woods. You don’t know how you got here, or what direction you’d have to run in to get back to civilization. The always smiling head councilor is standing just outside the circle of stones. Behind her is a long wooden bench built from an ancient tree, and a stump with an axe buried in it. Darkness surrounds you. You only hear the wind. No animal dares come near.

“Welcome to Camp Mussaro! We’ve all had a rousing day as campers and counselors alike helped parents and their children finish up opening day registration and assign them to their bunk. If you are here, that means you signed up for the evening icebreaker mafia program. I’m glad we can all be here and get to know each other through this fun and easy to play social game. Let’s all gather around the campfire and have a good time!

The head councilor gestures for everyone to sit on one of the stones surrounding the fire. Slowly, you all take your place.

Welcome to Campfire Mafia, a fairly standard semi-open game of mafia for 9 players from the Everdunes game.

We will be playing a 2d3 game

Possible setups include:
  • A1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Cop, Town Neapolitan, 5x Town Vanilla
  • A2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Doctor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • A3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Doctor, Town Cop, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Cop, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Doctor, Town Neapolitan, 5x Town Vanilla
  • C1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Cop, 6x Town Vanilla
  • C2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Jailkeeper, 6x Town Vanilla
  • C3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Doctor, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla

A refresher on the rules before we get started, provided by Councilor Gehndima:
  • Standard Mafia Rules are in effect for this game. Be nice to your fellow campers! Specific addendums follow:
    • Twilight posting after the hammer is acceptable, but please stop posting when day-ending mod posts begin.
    • Please play to your win condition!
    • No PM comparing shenanigans - format, capital letters, whatever.
    • Seriously, don't be a dick be cool and good to your fellow campers!
  • In general, no replacements will be allowed beyond Day 1 - please don't sign up if you aren't going to put actual effort into this game and see it through to the end.
    • I understand that Life Happens sometimes, or in general you just might not feel up to it once the game has begun. That is fine! Please contact me and we will sort it out one way or another, but I promise I will not be upset.
  • Days will be ~48 hours (but will grow shorter as the game goes on) and Nights will be ~12-24 hours. Nights will be closed but I'll reopen the thread promptly.
  • Counselor Podima's Anti-Lurking Rules v3.3 will be in effect for this game. Don't sign up if you're going to skim the edges of these rules, please - 10 posts should mean 10 substantial posts, not 10 content-less doo-doo posts.

Final Player List:
  1. Asiina
  2. Azurelana
  3. CapitalistPig
  4. Chic Trombone
  5. GeneX
  6. Hal Incandenza
  7. Murmur Twin
  8. sniper4625
  9. Teland

Observers:

“Let’s begin!”

Old Maid You Look fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Mar 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I've got Brats and Smore's fixin, who wants savory and who wants sweet?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I want smores!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
EXCUSE YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

peramene posted:

EXCUSE YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

It me, let's go

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

GeneX posted:

I want smores!

Bon Appetite

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]
Don't forget to join the server!

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]
The head councilor smiles as everyone takes their seat.

"Let us begin."

She snaps her fingers. The campfire light goes out. The faint light of the stars dot the sky.

"One tap on the head, you are among the innocent town.

Two taps, you are the villainous mafia, come to rain ruin town upon your friends.

Three taps, you are town, with a power.

Prepare yourselves. Some may not see the light of the sun again."

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]
Another snap of the fingers. The campfire lights itself. Everyone is where you last saw them, though all are now visibly on edge.

"Day 1 starts now!"

Day 1 ends on Wednesday, March 13th at 10PM EST. Good luck.

I'll update votefinder once everyone has had a chance to post in thread.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
##vote MMT

hasn't posted once, must be scum, qed

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
i demand to play this goddamn game i am working too hard to not play the silly game i asked for!!!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

peramene posted:

i demand to play this goddamn game i am working too hard to not play the silly game i asked for!!!

you can play as me, in addition to me

give Max a small taste of the headache that was my game

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]

peramene posted:

"Very well."

A rock pushes its way out of the earth, taking its place in the circle of stones you all sit in.

"Take your seat."

pera sits. As her body touches the stone, you notice a movement just to the right of her, by the stump. The axe is gone.

"It is here."

You look back at pera. She is slumped over, axe buried in her head. Blood inexplicably pooling towards the camp fire.

"Made you look." :)

pera, Just pera, town sacrifice, has died Day 0

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lunch.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hot.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I see that time is flexible and we are non-linearly existing in both D0 and D1 at once

way to accidentally steal one of the gimmicks from the zero escape mafialike that I have yet to actually make, Max

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]

GeneX posted:

I see that time is flexible and we are non-linearly existing in both D0 and D1 at once

way to accidentally steal one of the gimmicks from the zero escape mafialike that I have yet to actually make, Max

Who is Max?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

RIP pera

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Dang people already dying. Exciting game.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I don't think this was in the brochure.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Looks up from the pool of blood on the ground with concern in her eyes.

I'm just relieved pera wasn't holding the s'mores. That would have been tragic.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I miss pera already

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Hi everyone! I'm vanilla town. So if you're scum let me live so I can learn more about mafia!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

GeneX posted:

##vote MMT

hasn't posted once, must be scum, qed

:ohdearsass:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Azurelana posted:

Hi everyone! I'm vanilla town. So if you're scum let me live so I can learn more about mafia!

Welcome fellow new player we will get through this together

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote MMT gotta get her before she gets me

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hmmm

Is this Hal's scum game?

Hmmmmmmmm

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Would anyone like to share their favorite campfire story while we wait for this first night? I don't understand the quick suspicions towards our fellow camper mmt.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Murmur Twin (2): GeneX, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (7): Asiina, Azurelana, CapitalistPig, Chic Trombone, Murmur Twin, sniper4625, Teland

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 13th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 11 hours.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
I think it's an in joke that we don't understand.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nope sorry try again.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

MMT seems to have been picked at random. On the other hand...
Not a very robust defense.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

sniper4625 posted:

Would anyone like to share their favorite campfire story while we wait for this first night? I don't understand the quick suspicions towards our fellow camper mmt.

"once, there was an overeager camper named pera"

"she was so overeager that she angered the head counselor, who was secretly" pause for effect "a murderer!"

"So she asked to join a game one too many times, and poor pera was then casually murdered"

"also that's why there's a corpse right there that we're all trying not to stare at"

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

There's a good murder and bamboozle joke in this somewhere

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Chic Trombone posted:

There's a good murder and bamboozle joke in this somewhere

What do you call a violent alcoholic?

A BAM boozel.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Azurelana posted:

What do you call a violent alcoholic?

A BAM boozel.

:colbert:

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

sniper4625 posted:

Would anyone like to share their favorite campfire story while we wait for this first night?
Young explorers Yon, Cleo, and Wren were restless.

They tried to build a tree fortress, but Scout Arli told them off - "a ytram will poison you if you wander in the forest! Go back to your group."

They tried to build a great vessel to chart the unexplored seas, but Fisherman Poi stopped them - "the great wahrk will swallow you whole! Go home."

They tried to spy on the Ekvilibrans in the village, but Elder Ruik overheard their plans. "They will kidnap you and make you go to church! OOOoooOO scary - now go away."

Finally they came upon a dark cave and they knew they were destined to explore it. They took candles from home and made helmets out of soup bowls. As they ventured deeper, they were just waiting for a grown up to come and spoil it all, but it never happened. Brave Yon ran ahead, finding the path for the others. They went deep in the dark where the air smelled old.

Suddenly, Wren stopped dead in her tracks, grabbing Cleo, holding her breath.

Looking ahead, beyond the glow of their candles, they saw a blackness darker than the shadow of the cave. It was too late for Yon. In his excitement he had ignored his surroundings - he walked right into it. The breath was pushed out of him. Cleo and Wren looked on in fear as Yon floated silently into the black. He faced an unknown fate, but one thing was certain...

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Rot releases no one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Cleo and Wren escaped with their lives, but it was never the same again. They never again wandered off from the group. The shadow they had seen followed them the rest of their lives.

I see the question in your eyes. "But Teland, how do you know all this?"

You see... Cleo was me! (WOW! SHOCK!)

But seriously guys, who has the graham crackers?