Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Futaba Anzu posted:

i still dont understand the western fascination with bulgogi as opposed to any other popular kbbq cut considering it's by nature the worst grade sirloin made passable through amazing marinade, but it does make an amazing burger grind

I don't really know, the Korean couple who bought our fish and chips shop and made it an awesome hybrid experience just put it as their special burger so that's what I bought. And now I can't move the lower half of my body in this food coma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Deeds Thunderchief
Dec 12, 2006

Futaba Anzu posted:

i still dont understand the western fascination with bulgogi as opposed to any other popular kbbq cut considering it's by nature the worst grade sirloin made passable through amazing marinade, but it does make an amazing burger grind

I think it's probably 100% the marinade tbh

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Also the "worst cut sirloin" means it's cheap and accessible and easy to work into menus.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
why in the everloving gently caress would you make a burger out of a good cut of meat jesus tittyfucking christ

the entire goddamn point is to use the tough fatty parts of the cow and grind them to bits

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Grabbed an Impossible Burger. Still as delicious as I remembered.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I'm just gonna keep posting :five: Guys I guess.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Casu Marzu posted:

Grabbed an Impossible Burger. Still as delicious as I remembered.

Gonna be honest the waffle fries are stealing the show in that shot. Look at those things.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
A burger tale in three parts

grilled onions on cheddar/meunster double smash burg

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Add some jalapeños and you have my ideal burg, goddamn

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Long version: Decades back in Anchorage there was a burger joint owned by an Asian family that served like 30 (pulling that number from my rear end) types of burgers. They would put anything and everything (carrots, cabbage, on a burger in combinations that back then were extraordinary but the burgers were always delicious. The place burned down and was never rebuilt but I would like to try some new burger variations at home and am looking for inspiration. I've done pineapple + chipotle, pineapple + jalapeno, fried eggs + fried crispy onions, cucumbers + tomato + red onions, several different slaws, all awesome, but I want more ideas.

TLDR: I'm looking for burger topping ideas a little off the beaten path.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.

ogopogo posted:

A burger tale in three parts

grilled onions on cheddar/meunster double smash burg

I turned off my blue light filter and turned up the brightness on my phone just so I could really appreciate this fantastic burger. Good work.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

wormil posted:

Long version: Decades back in Anchorage there was a burger joint owned by an Asian family that served like 30 (pulling that number from my rear end) types of burgers. They would put anything and everything (carrots, cabbage, on a burger in combinations that back then were extraordinary but the burgers were always delicious. The place burned down and was never rebuilt but I would like to try some new burger variations at home and am looking for inspiration. I've done pineapple + chipotle, pineapple + jalapeno, fried eggs + fried crispy onions, cucumbers + tomato + red onions, several different slaws, all awesome, but I want more ideas.

I had a burg with grilled beetroot and chicken liver spread once. Also had some standard salad and a garlic mayo. That was an interesting and staggeringly meaty burg.

The place also really charred up their burgs which was especially on point for this combo.

Edit: I wasn't entirely onboard with the grilled beetroot, but the chicken liver spread is something I still sometimes use on burgs at home.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Mar 12, 2019

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
The usual banh mi toppings would probably make for an amazing burg

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

wormil posted:

Peanut butter and jalapenos.

Seriously.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Colostomy Bag posted:

Seriously.

I mean that's halfway to an American spin on satay p much.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

wormil posted:

Do an Australian 'burger with the lot' or 'works burger'. It uses lettuce (non-shredded, just a big hunk of iceberg), tomato, cheddar cheese slice (not melted onto the burg), sauteed onions, soft-cooked Canadian/British style bacon, a sweet chili and mayo burger sauce, a slice of grilled pineapple, a fried egg, and a slice of pickled beetroot. As much as I talk poo poo about my country's attempts at giving anything to the burg world, there's something I really miss about that big sloppy mess of a burger.

Alternatively smashburgs drizzled with garlic honey are kind of way more amazing than they should be.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.

Burg’ed again with some red onions and cheddar.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

wormil posted:

Shredded spaghetti squash. It's crunch like onion but adds a nice different flavor profile

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Pop rocks

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Seriously.

Two things I love combined with a 3rd, I'm down. Seems like it might need another ingredient?

Whalley posted:

Do an Australian 'burger with the lot' ...

I thought you were making fun of me until I googled Australian burger with the lot.

A Sometimes Food posted:

I had a burg with grilled beetroot and chicken liver spread

I love beets and would try it. So a basic chicken liver pate?

edit;

atothesquiz posted:

Shredded spaghetti squash. It's crunch like onion but adds a nice different flavor profile

Hmmm, not the biggest fan of spaghetti squash or raw squash but I'll add it to the list.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
You can always try a Carolina: pretzel bun, American or Cheddar, beanless chili, slaw, onions, and mustard (not mayo goddammit, that goes in the slaw)

And yeah, you'll probably need a fork and a knife to eat it, but so worth it

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Feta and pepperoncini is a solid topping combo, a garlicky mayo compliments it very well too.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

wormil posted:

I love beets and would try it. So a basic chicken liver pate?

Yep.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Stelio Kontos posted:

Feta and pepperoncini is a solid topping combo, a garlicky mayo compliments it very well too.

You have opened the portal to the Greek burger realm.

Tomato, cucumber, red onion, garlic sauce, lettuce, feta, olives/tapenade...

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Ultimate Mango posted:

You have opened the portal to the Greek burger realm.

Tomato, cucumber, red onion, garlic sauce, lettuce, feta, olives/tapenade...

Oh poo poo yeah, another option from the other side of the Aegean (well migrants from, or descended from there) the kebab shop burger.

Get a big patty, iceberg lettuce, tomato (or tabouli with tomato), lightly pickled white onion, hummus, shredded mozzarella, then a sauce composed of sour cream, really piquant mustard (English mustard's good) and a fierce chilli sauce balanced so it looks a threatening orange and garlic. Then put that poo poo into a turkish roll. For full authenticity make a vaguely oblong burger to fit the roll.

Oh and an egg. Cause Australia.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 13, 2019

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Not gonna lie, I really like how Australia seems to have taken over the burger thread.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
They know the import of “here for a good time, not a long time.”

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Bargearse posted:

Not gonna lie, I really like how Australia seems to have taken over the burger thread.

Quick, someone open an Australian Burg Fast Casual restaurant in <Major US City>

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Bargearse posted:

Do I need to remind you that New Zealand gave america the greatest gift?
https://theburgerbach.com/

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Bun to meat ratio is a little off there

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
I'm half tempted to drive a couple hours to the nearest one, that looks delicious.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Gimme Ogopogo’s burgs over that any day tbh

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Ultimate Mango posted:

Bun to meat ratio is a little off there

It only appears that way. The burgs are incredibly juicy so it's nice to have something that can soak up the liquids and not fall apart.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Do I need to remind you that New Zealand gave america the greatest gift?
https://theburgerbach.com/

Is the top one a pork patty? Looks a bit lighter than beef usually does.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
It's either chicken or lamb, I'm guessing chicken.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Why would you ever make a Lamb burger?!?! I would say Chicken also.

But then Sheep farming is a big deal in Australia, so maybe it is Lamb.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
That ain't lamb, lamb looks pretty similar to beef when cooked. That looks like grilled chicken.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Don Dongington posted:

That ain't lamb, lamb looks pretty similar to beef when cooked. That looks like grilled chicken.

Replace it with a patty of hot style fried chicken and I would ruin that

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Looks tasty whatever it is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
Double smash with fried onion strings and a pint of IPA.