Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Maybe they'll try to remake The Black Cauldron and almost go bankrupt once more :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 18 days!)

oh yeah

the_american_dream posted:

Looks watchable if my kid wants to see it on Netflix

pretty sure disney isn't putting anything new on netflix anymore

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

as far as disney cash grabs are concerned, i think i prefer the era of "gently caress it, here's a DTV prequel about what belle did over her holidays. here's pocahontas destroying the english fleet and negotiating peace with the english. cinderella's step-mother can time-travel now."

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 13, 2019

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:effort:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

They should have led the ad campaign with that trailer instead. It looks fine. I won't see it in the theater.

Naomi Scott is pretty as hell though, like drat.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
charlie hunnam xianxia king arthur died for this

oh wait,

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Apoplexy posted:

I do believe this'd be the place to drop a link to the 20-minute-old Avengers Endgame trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcMBFSGVi1c

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That... is not a good trailer.

Good instinct to use footage from the first films and lean on nostalgia, but the rest of it is just limp, weirdly paced, and poorly edited. I know they're trying to sell emotion and characters more than the big moments, but that did not feel like a trailer for the end to a massive series of blockbusters. It felt like a fan trailer from someone who just graduated from AMVs.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

feedmyleg posted:

Good instinct to use footage from the first films and lean on nostalgia, but the rest of it is just limp, weirdly paced, and poorly edited. I know they're trying to sell emotion and characters more than the big moments, but that did not feel like a trailer for the end to a massive series of blockbusters. It felt like a fan trailer from someone who just graduated from AMVs.

This movie really, really doesn’t need a big trailer because as you said, this is the end of a everything the MCU has been building. This movie is going to break all the loving records and all they really need to do is just put the release date on the screen. Everything else is bonus because no other movie has 10 years and dozens of movies prior to it as advertisement. They’re sticking to the same beats of “the gang is going out for one last ride” since the very first teaser. And now that Capt. Marvel is out, you can add her to the mix or promotional media. This is close to the final trailer (I think we might see one last one) and they’ve yet to show anything more than two glimpses of a fight (the shot of ant-Man and the shot of Steve). The editing is poor because they don’t want to show anything and I’m glad for it. I generally like to go blind to these movies but even after watching this there’s not much to go on as far as the story goes.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

That is a lot of excuses for a really bad trailer lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

There is nothing exciting in that trailer at all. Yeah, it'll do amazing - but gently caress, hype it up because emotion and character moments are not what makes those movies successful.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

That trailer actually owned though.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Please show the cartoon figures punching something

Lemon
May 22, 2003

re: the Aladdin trailer, it's absolutely inexcusable for Jafar to be just some boring dude.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Thor moment was lame as well. I thought maybe she'd catch it midair or something. But they just stare at each other.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This movie really, really doesn’t need a big trailer because as you said, this is the end of a everything the MCU has been building.

I don't care if it's big, I just think it should be well-made. Maybe the movie is just too monumental to have a trailer that isn't designed by committee, but they could at least make it the best version of that. If you're going to lean on minimalist nostalgia, lean harder and make all the footage the best moments from the previous films until one final shot from the new film that gets people hype.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 14, 2019

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Vintersorg posted:

The Thor moment was lame as well. I thought maybe she'd catch it midair or something. But they just stare at each other.

Just showing how unfazed she was by him calling Stormbreaker right past her head.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

I love it how they aren't giving anything away.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

feedmyleg posted:

I am dying at them doing black and white flashbacks in the trailer. Heroes Webisodes.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

935 posted:

I love it how they aren't giving anything away.

Yeah it's good to not be another trailer giving away too much. Save it for the actual movie.

It's the Avengers. They failed to save the world but you can be drat sure they're going to avenge it.

What more is needed?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Teaser for six short films taking place in the Alien franchise for the 40th anniversary. Neat!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

feedmyleg posted:

It felt like another teaser, it didn't tell us anything that the other teaser didn't already tell us (except that Captain Marvel is also there).

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I felt like the trailer is already giving away too much. Looks like it's just gonna be an Remaining Avengers Assemble movie.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Also that Thor moment is awful lol. I wish filmmakers would find less trite ways of conveying "woman surprisingly kicks rear end."

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Vegetable posted:

I felt like the trailer is already giving away too much. Looks like it's just gonna be an Remaining Avengers Assemble movie.

Trailers may not be for you, then

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
that black&white + red color scheme is horrific.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

bows1 posted:

that black&white + red color scheme is horrific.
looked bad even for a film school project

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

It’s hard not to be impressed by how successful marvel marketing is when people are legitimately saying “no you see the trailer is bad on purpose.”

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

We ought to be grateful that they even took the time to make another trailer!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I am dying at them doing black and white flashbacks in the trailer. Heroes Webisodes.

The season finale, nothing will be the same vibes are out of control. Can practically hear mmmm whatcha say as if the ghost of night time soaps past haunted the trailer

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8C8OPS3avo

Already looks better than Prometheus and Covenant.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

*extreme George Lucas voice*

"The fans will love it."

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I liked the Endgame trailer and I'm about as blasé as it gets when it comes to MCU movies :shrug:

Cranking up on nostalgia was a good choice to generate hype, and not showing too much new content is good practice where it's common to have a lot of the story played out in trailers these days. It's effective at telling you that this is going to be the end of the overarching narrative that's been stretched over a decades worth of storylines, showing several characters who you've seen across how many ever movies.

The black and white with the pop-out red for the old footage was pretty lame though, I will agree. It's like the marketing team felt that audiences are too stupid to differentiate old footage from previous films from the new stuff. Which is entirely possible.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I don't even see the point of making a trailer for the new Avengers movie and even lesser a reason to have an opinion on the new Avengers trailer. It's the new Avengers movie, you're gonna see it. And like all Marvel movies that came before it, it's gonna be a solid B- and you're gonna walk out of the theater thinking to yourself "hey, that was pretty good!"

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
It’s television, but I can’t help but appreciate them giving nothing of the plot.

Of course, maybe the plot is very bad.

If Cap AND Iron Man don’t die Ill be pissed. I expect to be pissed.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

teagone posted:

The black and white with the pop-out red for the old footage was pretty lame though, I will agree. It's like the marketing team felt that audiences are too stupid to differentiate old footage from previous films from the new stuff. Which is entirely possible.

I didn't like it either, but I think it was an intentional choice to match with the new uniforms:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cross-Section posted:

I didn't like it either, but I think it was an intentional choice to match with the new uniforms:

Good point! Since they're likely heading into the quantum realm to time travel backwards into the past with those getups.

teagone fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 15, 2019

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Deakul posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8C8OPS3avo

Already looks better than Prometheus and Covenant.

Prometheus and Covenant are a different series.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Prometheus and Covenant are a different series.

What's Covenant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
This looks so much worse than Prometheus and Covenant. Oh well.