Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Endorph posted:

ArcSys said in the interview about the game that they'd been given freedom to pick characters based on who they'd think would make good movesets instead of who's most popular, so it's hard to say. That said, there's no way on this or any other planet that Sandalphon isn't in, especially since as an angel dude with weird wing swords he does have a decent moveset potential.

I kind of want Melissabelle (who fights with her hair) because if anyone intimately knows how to handle hair-fighting, it's the guys who've done Millia Rage for years

But there's honestly so many characters with cool fighting styles in Granblue, both orthodox and unorthodox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Power Rangers stream is on, for anyone that cares:

https://www.twitch.tv/nway_games

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I wish they didn't go with the comic book or whatever crap for their game. Going dark with power rangers is stupid as hell. Let me fight a rapping pumpkin!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

A surfing dog?! posted:

I wish they didn't go with the comic book or whatever crap for their game. Going dark with power rangers is stupid as hell. Let me fight a rapping pumpkin!

the comic books are pretty good and they aren't grimdark or anything, they just have stakes. The monsters-of-the-week are still really goofy when they show up.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Merilan posted:

I kind of want Melissabelle (who fights with her hair) because if anyone intimately knows how to handle hair-fighting, it's the guys who've done Millia Rage for years

But there's honestly so many characters with cool fighting styles in Granblue, both orthodox and unorthodox

I want to see a giant meteor crash into the stage only for Ghandagoza to punch the opponent through the meteor and out of the stratosphere for a Destroyed finish, that's my only real non-negotiable demand.

Anthuria would be cool to see how they'd do evade-heavy dance combat. If they wanted to do a puppet character, Orchid is right there. I also want to see some sort of Zodiacs team-based character.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mason Dixon posted:

I also want to see some sort of Zodiacs team-based character.

That'd make them all having SNK moves really funny

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

A surfing dog?! posted:

there is literally a monster in the comics that is a sheep monster that constantly screams "Only ooooooone Olseeeeeeeeeeeeeen"

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Selling a Razer Panthera Evo if anyone is interested.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3884374

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Nice dick.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Nodosaur posted:

there is literally a monster in the comics that is a sheep monster that constantly screams "Only ooooooone Olseeeeeeeeeeeeeen"

the extremely dark comics where the italian prime minister visited angel grove to poo poo talk rita so she sent a vitruvian man monster to attack the conference

Basura
Mar 9, 2019
Anyone playing Under incel in birth?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Basura posted:

Anyone playing Under incel in birth?

Me.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
uni is fun. I like akatsuki

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

dhamster posted:

uni is fun. I like akatsuki

Is he better in ST? Or just the same but just seems less poo poo because of Enkidu?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I keep meaning to try UNIST but inevitably something else comes up. For future reference, who is the character for dipshit scrubs?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

according to my online adventures, wagner

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

UNIST is a really hard game for me to get into because it's made by the Melty Blood guys and superficially looks like it but in my limited experience it's fundamentally different in that you can't just do endless air jousts like in Melty and it's a much more ground-based game

Also Hyde and Linne are the shotoclones and are simple enough to play, and Nanase offers that fun low-thought hit things with giant sword experience would not be a bad place to start?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

chumbler posted:

I keep meaning to try UNIST but inevitably something else comes up. For future reference, who is the character for dipshit scrubs?

The guy who won evo last year made this:

https://twitter.com/squish2364/status/1101922104721629185?s=19

UNIST has combo missions (and at the bottom of them, 5 trials that explain the character and their options) so it's very easy to just go through the cast and see who you find fun without looking up a google doc each time.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I can't find a definitive tier list for UNIST except Phonon is top and enkidu is bottom tier I think?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

RBX posted:

I can't find a definitive tier list for UNIST except Phonon is top and enkidu is bottom tier I think?

Seth/Vatista/Phonon/Wagner are always agreed to be the best, and Akatsuki/Mika/Enkidu/Carmine are the worst. Everyone else is pretty up to personal taste. Squish and Saikyo have a tier list though I don't know if anyone else does.

https://twitter.com/squish2364/status/1042163304032960512
https://twitter.com/saikyo_enkidong/status/1041847276870750213

Though new players should keep in mind, Akatsuki won evo and Saikyo places top 5 at majors with Enkidu. So don't worry about tiers too much.

Marin Karin fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Mar 13, 2019

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Akatsuki is far from bottom tier, I think people are still hung up on how he was in UNIEL when he just couldn't get in.

Enkidu lacks tools to reliably get in and Mika has pretty weak offence for her high risk playstyle, so those two are generally agreed to be the bottom 2 characters. UNIST is a very balanced game where the entire cast is viable, it's just that Mika and Enkidu struggle way more than anyone else against the rest of the roster.

The Squish tier list is pretty spot-on IMO (it lacks some nuance since e.g. having Akatsuki on the same tier as Carmine or Mika is misleading), but the important thing to note is that the difference between tiers A and B is pretty small, and the difference between tiers B and C boils down to "have any of the recurring good tournament players decided they like this character enough to main them."

Pick your UNI main because you like their look/playstyle, not because of tiers.

(Just be prepared for a hard time if you pick Yuzu as a new player.)

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Mar 13, 2019

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Squish mains Akatsuki, he probably knows what's up.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Right, and he doesn't think Akatsuki is trash tier either. I'm just disagreeing with the people who think Akatsuki is in the same ballpark as Enkidu.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Schneider Heim posted:

Is there a tentative list of Granblues so far? I'd like to see Vira, she could have Katalina's moveset but modified or something. Or Vaseraga who is cool and good.
Based on the weapons displayed in the logo this was the list established after the reveal:

No idea how many extras that allows for.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Pick your UNI main because you like their look/playstyle, not because of tiers.
This, got the game a week ago and Picked Enkidu purely because he's a buff martial artist with good looking moves. I regret nothing and I don't feel like he's garbage despite being bottom tier.

I think Saikyo's tier list having a range of S->A highlights how tiers works in UNIST as opposed to some tier lists I've seen for games like BBCF where the tier list goes from S->C. There's a gap in UNIST but it doesn't seem to be that disparate and feels more like how Vampire Savior tiers work, as opposed to a character like Bullet being bottom tier in BBCF and just being horrible.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Pick Phonon, don't bother learning the mechanics, just play MB pressure with Sim buttons. Winning is whatever.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Arzachel posted:

Squish mains Akatsuki, he probably knows what's up.

In my experience, the people most likely to call a character trash garbage are people who main them

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the only time enkidu really feels bottom tier is when hes trying to get in on vatista or yuzuriha. he plays totally fine in matches where the other person has to come to him as much as he has to go to them

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

mango sentinel posted:

Is he better in ST? Or just the same but just seems less poo poo because of Enkidu?

He got some buffs in ST. I find him really fun. He doesn't have fullscreen normals but you can sail forward a good distance while blocking in unist, plus he turns into a complete loving rear end in a top hat once you get into about 5B range. He can pretty easily convert ground hits into 6C launch/relaunch for solid damage and a knockdown. He also has a strong air throw that you can convert into a full combo.

I also played a bit of Phonon and Wagner, they're both really good characters, but they didn't click with me as much.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I never tried lynne cause i thought you had to control her little pet guy but apparently hes just for show?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

I never tried lynne cause i thought you had to control her little pet guy but apparently hes just for show?

Just cosmetic, like BB Hood's buterflies. You want Orie or Chaos is you want a controllable partner.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Orie's isn't even a controllable partner, it's just a Persona. :colbert:

e; actual content: in case anyone was interested in Enkidu, Saikyo put out a 2+ hour tutorial not too long ago: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/393483974

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
New Blade Arcus is out on JP PS4 & Switch, where's the Hype

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1106027797628108801

Lord Justice
Jul 24, 2012

"This god whom I created was human-made and madness, like all gods! Woman she was, and only a poor specimen of woman and ego. But I overcame myself, the sufferer; I carried my own ashes to the mountains; I invented a brighter flame for myself. And behold, then this god fled from me!"
A bit of a strange question, but given the discussion on UNIST, I'd thought I'd ask here.

Is anyone here aware of Glove on Fight 2: Gleam of Force? It's a doujin fighter that French Bread made in 2008 and only sold at one comiket for some reason. It's not on Steam and probably never will be because French Bread seems to have forgotten it exists, but is there any sort of online community for it at all? I guess the better question is, does anyone even play it?

To be clear, I'm asking because I've fought the CPUs to death at this point, and GoF is essentially the only fighting game that doesn't skill-gate me out of playing it. But it seems like I'm pretty much the only one who plays it anymore, although hopefully I'm wrong.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Lord Justice posted:

A bit of a strange question, but given the discussion on UNIST, I'd thought I'd ask here.

Is anyone here aware of Glove on Fight 2: Gleam of Force? It's a doujin fighter that French Bread made in 2008 and only sold at one comiket for some reason. It's not on Steam and probably never will be because French Bread seems to have forgotten it exists, but is there any sort of online community for it at all? I guess the better question is, does anyone even play it?

To be clear, I'm asking because I've fought the CPUs to death at this point, and GoF is essentially the only fighting game that doesn't skill-gate me out of playing it. But it seems like I'm pretty much the only one who plays it anymore, although hopefully I'm wrong.

your best bet is finding the mizuumi discord ( https://discord.gg/RD6qDUa this one). that game actually has a caster and netplay iirc

Lord Justice
Jul 24, 2012

"This god whom I created was human-made and madness, like all gods! Woman she was, and only a poor specimen of woman and ego. But I overcame myself, the sufferer; I carried my own ashes to the mountains; I invented a brighter flame for myself. And behold, then this god fled from me!"

Zand posted:

your best bet is finding the mizuumi discord ( https://discord.gg/RD6qDUa this one). that game actually has a caster and netplay iirc

All right, I'll check that out, thanks for the info.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's also 19.99 at any gamestop

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
yeah but that's for the ps4 version and lol if u play on ps4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

yeah but that's for the ps4 version and lol if u play on ps4