Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Sounds like chicken pot pie hot pocket. I like Costco's chicken pot pie, so it might be good.

But yeah, we don't get them here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
its chicken meat, cheese, and salad dressing wrapped up in dough and baked

i tried one once it was ok I guess, never really felt the need to get another one

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS
lol I had no idea this thread existed until just now. I am amused and happy for it. I suspect some of my friends and coworkers think I'm weird for how much I enjoy costco.

Chicken bakes are ok. Grown up hot pocket does sound about right.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chicken bakes have never been appealing enough to try. I hate hot dogs.

But the pizza is alright (and super cheap) and I've heard the chili is okay. Costco is so much more than the food court.

Frank Dux
Jun 19, 2005

Went to my local Costco wanting a chicken bake per this thread but could not find it. I went with the chicken pot pie.

Fake edit: the gf and I had it and it was delicious.

pubc

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I got that Adidas duffle bag they're selling for $30 and it's pretty great for not needing a roller suitcase on my weekend trips. Also, it's like pretending I'm a soccer star on my way to the next match, if it were held at a laundromat.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
When you have lunch from the food court 2 or 3 times a week, a chicken bake is good to mix it up occasionally. But yeah the dog or pizza is usually a better choice.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

hakimashou posted:

its chicken meat, cheese, and salad dressing wrapped up in dough and baked

And that's the problem with them.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
*tips cowboy hat and rests hand on revolver*

"We don't take kindly to folks what don't enjoy a chicken bake round these parts..."

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

*tips cowboy hat and rests hand on revolver*

"We don't take kindly to folks what don't enjoy a chicken bake round these parts..."

We take kindly to everybody here, friend. We don't judge.

Welcome to Costco thread, i love you.

except for those heathenous Sam's Club monsters gently caress those guys

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

So much love for the Normandy vegetables around here, but none for the stir fry vegetables? Those plus rice and some seared Costco scallops or salmon have been my go-to weeknight dinner more times than I can remember. Good stuff

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zombie Dachshund posted:

So much love for the Normandy vegetables around here, but none for the stir fry vegetables? Those plus rice and some seared Costco scallops or salmon have been my go-to weeknight dinner more times than I can remember. Good stuff

the stir fry vegetable blend has fungus in it :barf:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Baby corn and water chestnuts loving suck, dude.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Sorry you don’t like things that are good

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Is the bag smaller than the normandy blend?

My big problem is that the Normandy blend bag takes up half my freezer

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

No, it’s ginormous and will basically crowd out everything else in your freezer. You have to commit to eating a lot of green beans, etc. for a while.

Thanks to Costco I bought an extra freezer for the garage.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I usually do weekly, small trips to costco so I can rotate out my giant purchases, filling my freezer with a giant bag of one thing when the giant bag of something else gets to be about half full. It really helps prevent me from impulse buying too much.

Sadly we don't really have space for a second freezer since I live in a 1BR apartment, but once that changes I'm going to buy out Costco's frozen inventory.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I've run the numbers, buying an extra freezer and running it for a year just to store more food is too expensive.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

SirPablo posted:

I've run the numbers, buying an extra freezer and running it for a year just to store more food is too expensive.

Have you considered the fuel savings from fewer Costco runs to stock up if you have a side freezer, rather than more frequent trips to restock your overly small current freezer?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Guess I’m that mad lad who likes the Turkey & Provolone sandwich most of all

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cross-Section posted:

Guess I’m that mad lad who likes the Turkey & Provolone sandwich most of all

I dunno about it being the best, but it definitely is delicious. Its just that at Costco we're all looking for DEALS and its not quite cheap enough to qualify.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
my only problem with the chicken bake is that it's half empty. they need to put at least twice as much filling in it so you don't bite through empty crust halfway down.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Bummey posted:

my only problem with the chicken bake is that it's half empty. they need to put at least twice as much filling in it so you don't bite through empty crust halfway down.

Shake it first

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Capntastic posted:

Shake it first

it's called a chicken bake not a chicken shake

maybe they could put more in it so we don't have to shake weight our chicken bakes

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Maybe dip it into your chili? Might be an okay combo.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Maybe dip it into your chili? Might be an okay combo.

Now here is an idea.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Bummey posted:

Go buy a rotisserie chicken and stuff the whole drat thing in there.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Taima posted:

The only reason Costco carries the chicken bake is as a trap to determine who the trash people are

taima's only correct opinion in the entire thread

it's really pretty sub mediocre. i'd much rather have a bulgogi bake or poutine or loaded potato or w/e weird poo poo foreign costcos get.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

The Midniter posted:

Have you considered the fuel savings from fewer Costco runs to stock up if you have a side freezer, rather than more frequent trips to restock your overly small current freezer?

My dude, the local Co is a scant two miles from my house. I routinely visit church bi-weekly.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Holy poo poo, Costco had 5-6' tall Kango Saku (Coral Bark) Japanese maples for like $40. Maples that tall are usually 3-5x the price. I picked out a nice one, shoved it into the passenger side of my BRZ and drove like grandma all the way home.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Xaris posted:

it's really pretty sub mediocre. i'd much rather have a bulgogi bake or poutine or loaded potato or w/e weird poo poo foreign costcos get.

The poutine is really fuckin good, i keep meaning to ask if they stock the gravy they use for it because that's really a cut above most poutines. At least the poutines that aren't sold out of a truck by a French Canadian dude that definitely has a body count in his checkered past

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Zombie Dachshund posted:

I love the stir fry veg and either bulgogi or frozen scrimps. Served over some rice from the 25# bag of calrose of course.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Xaris posted:

The man also has a great effort post about selecting fish for sashimi, so I think you are being a little hard on him, elitist though he may be.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Xaris posted:

I'd love some of the cool poo poo other Costcos get, I should add that to the suggestion box next time I stock up.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Mexico gets a food court pizza that is pastor, sliced red onions and pineapple. I don't give a gently caress what y'all think about pineapple pizza in general, that is an all-star play. No other regional Costco food court can go in on that.

My only regret is that I didn't have time to order when I rolled through to buy tequila. Speaking of which, always go to Costco to buy tequila in Mexico. You can get luxury tequila at 40-60% of US prices. Bottle of Don Julio 1942 for $45? If you insist...

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Taima posted:

Mexico gets a food court pizza that is pastor, sliced red onions and pineapple. I don't give a gently caress what y'all think about pineapple pizza in general, that is an all-star play. No other regional Costco food court can go in on that.

My only regret is that I didn't have time to order when I rolled through to buy tequila. Speaking of which, always go to Costco to buy tequila in Mexico. You can get luxury tequila at 40-60% of US prices. Bottle of Don Julio 1942 for $45? If you insist...

That pizza sounds amazing. I wish we had it here in the US.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Mexico also has jalapeņos at the dog topping station.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Bummey posted:

it's called a chicken bake not a chicken shake

maybe they could put more in it so we don't have to shake weight our chicken bakes

Just get a chicken cesar salad and stuff that chicken in the bake. Then you have an all greens salad! :yum:

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Chicken bake bad

I think the chicken bake is not as bad as you purport it to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
What if you drink the chicken bake? Like cut an end open, stick a straw in it, and go?