Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Currently shitposting from over the Atlantic on my way to Sebring. :getin:

Quite extremely excited for this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Anyone else here yet? Watching WEC practice from the mound at Turn 7.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Eating some lunch up in the north paddock atm

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Anyone know why it got red flagged?

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Timing showed the Larbre car as the last one on track, but not even the RLM guys know

e: RLM thinks it was the 88 Porsche

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
This place is loving packed compared to last year, God drat.

Also the party zone in green park is the dumbest poo poo ever

Edit: dude camped next to me is passed out hard as gently caress. Which is fine. Only issue is hes under my ez up, and sitting on my cooler. Oh sebring.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 13, 2019

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

This place is loving packed compared to last year, God drat.

Also the party zone in green park is the dumbest poo poo ever

Edit: dude camped next to me is passed out hard as gently caress. Which is fine. Only issue is hes under my ez up, and sitting on my cooler. Oh sebring.

Push him off

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Man these headlights are blinding, currently at T3, can't see a thing because of all the headlight spots in my eyes

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Ok so that’s not just me then.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Lol Alonso just went off at T3 exit, drove counter-course on the grass back to the apex so he could rejoin safely, probably has some good scratches on the floor after that one.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
CLS: puked so hard this morning I pulled a muscle on my stomach.

What's incredible is I haven't even made it to Sebring yet, I'm still in ft lauderdale and driving up later today. Last night was supposed to be gentle.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Finally got to interview Jordan Taylor. That only took nine months.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://racerdigital.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/03_results_practice-1.pdf

Cadillac, Acura, Cadillac, Nissan in first practice. Mazda 1.5s off the pace for some reason.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Crash under SC for the prototype challenge, because of course there is

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Cygni posted:

https://racerdigital.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/03_results_practice-1.pdf

Cadillac, Acura, Cadillac, Nissan in first practice. Mazda 1.5s off the pace for some reason.

Just working on setup, “we weren’t in kill mode yet” was the answer I just got.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Crash under SC for the prototype challenge, because of course there is

Lol that race was such a cluster gently caress.

I'm so loving glad they split PC off. Two laps, caution. Spin under caution. Destroy barrier. Green. Two laps, caution.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I think the goal for Mazda should be to finish this weekend. Asking for a lot I know.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
If anyone has any burning questions for Lena Gade, I should be talking to her tomorrow. Lmk and as long as it’s not stupid or rude I’ll do my best to ask her.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Now its Mazda, Caddy, Caddy, Acura:

https://racerdigital.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/03_results_practice-2.pdf

Seems like all 4 of the DPi brands have a shot here.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

drgitlin posted:

If anyone has any burning questions for Lena Gade, I should be talking to her tomorrow. Lmk and as long as it’s not stupid or rude I’ll do my best to ask her.

ask her why it seems like Joest teams give their cars old-timey prostitute names, like Juicy Lucy. why not call them something really sweet, like Deathmobile or USS Kick Your rear end

or at least Fireproof Felicia

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Is the race being shown on any channels, or streamed via youtube or something?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Is this the thread to talk about horse racing?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Jubs posted:

Is this the thread to talk about horse racing?

No, not even close. We have lots of dead Mazdas though :shrug:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

*lena gade clamors over the pit wall, brandishes an old revolver, and puts a poor wheezing RT24-P down*

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
#55 was fastest at the night practice as well, so we can definitely confirm that the Mazdas are still fast AND flammable

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Big oof for the Clearwater Ferrari at T7, felt that hit in my chest, driver ok

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

freeranger posted:

Is the race being shown on any channels, or streamed via youtube or something?

WEC? Will be streaming via their app, which will be viewable in the US for this race. I’m not sure who they’re partnering with to show the race on TV at all, but get the app/find a stream.

IMSA that’s all in the OP, NBCSN and IMSA Radio (IMSA TV if you’re outside the broadcast realm).

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
WEC is on Velocity.

Also holy poo poo those Toyotas out of T7 are just insane. The rest of the P1s aren't slouches either, but the Toyotas are just in another league. Super grateful to have seen them in person.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

WEC is on Velocity.

Also holy poo poo those Toyotas out of T7 are just insane. The rest of the P1s aren't slouches either, but the Toyotas are just in another league. Super grateful to have seen them in person.

The only thing that’s in the same ballpark is the I.D. R. It’s bonkers how fast the TS050 gathers speed. And so quietly, too.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

WEC is on Velocity.

Out of 10 it's the same. It just...goes. Like it brakes seemingly only because it has to, then it just disappears.

So happy to see them here, and I just wish Porsche was still doing it.

But either way I get to be drunk and screaming on a hill, so I'm good.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

drgitlin posted:

The only thing that’s in the same ballpark is the I.D. R. It’s bonkers how fast the TS050 gathers speed. And so quietly, too.

The Porsche 919 Tribute version doesn’t drive so much as bend space-time to its will. The Nurburgring video from last year is hard to compute.

Toyota has committed to the 2019-20 season so we have at least one more year of these machines in person, thankfully.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Awesome thanks guys. Not in US. But have access to the channels.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

sportscar365 posted:

***Track limits will no longer be enforced this weekend. Race director Eduardo Freitas initially policed Turn 15 in last weekend’s test sessions, although it was communicated to teams during the drivers’ meeting that no track restrictions will be in place.

Funny how when track limits police themselves due to track design, you don't need to police track limits. :thunk:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:siren: A little birdy told me that ULA has a launch from Cape Canaveral today at 1856 US Eastern. Last check was 30% weather scrub chance so we should have a launch baring mechanical failures. :siren:

Payload is WGS-10, USAF Comm Sat.

Also it should be visible over the 1000 Miles of Sebring :getin:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Wild run by Cameron in that Acura jeeze.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

15 minutes until rain arrives!

:getin:

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Yay, cloud cover.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Team radio lied to me. Where is this rain drat it!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Well this isn't good for the 7 Toyota...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

drgitlin posted:

Yay, cloud cover.

So nice. So very nice.

I felt a few drops on and off, but tiny drizzles only