Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don't listen to that podcast (although I should), don't really care about basketball... but yeah that's a dope shirt and I want it. Looks like Patreon exclusive thing yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don't listen to that podcast (although I should), don't really care about basketball... but yeah that's a dope shirt and I want it. Looks like Patreon exclusive thing yeah?

They've been doing a bigger mix of 50% actual basketball chat and then 50% behind-the-scenes, banter and bits. This week's episode was maybe 30% actual basketball chat, with discussing how Lakers fans hating on Lebron James is toxic and doesn't make much sense. The rest was Carl doing a (very funny) character, talking about the shirt, and an extended bit on "basketball rumors", which would have fit comfortably as a HH bit.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I'm ready to bust Carl up... I'm a brawler now

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Sleng Teng posted:

I'm ready to bust Carl up... I'm a brawler now

OKAAYYYYYYYY

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
It’s also cool that due to the closed nature of Patreon they are more willing to discuss behind the scenes showbiz stuff.

The story about Sean auditioning for the Lil Dicky show was wild.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Besson posted:

It’s also cool that due to the closed nature of Patreon they are more willing to discuss behind the scenes showbiz stuff.

The story about Sean auditioning for the Lil Dicky show was wild.

What happened?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

lol hayes' wife cowrote captain marvel

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
someone pm me a link for the flagrant ones patreon feed thanks

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

aww yeah, bonus HH ep

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Help Im Alive posted:

did not think I'd ever be buying merch for a basketball podcast but here we are

I hope they ship outside the US

They do for an extra $5 fee. And yes.....that shirt is very good. I paid the $25 for the Brawlers tier. Hopefully I won't have to wait until April when they charge me for the month to be sent the shirt. I want to rock them threads early and often. And I hope they do some more shirts. I'd love to have a nice collection of fake NBA team shirts.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I wanted to buy the shirt for a friend, but unfortunately Patreon doesn't allow you to gift patronage. I told him about it through, since he's a fan of Hollywood Handbook, and now he's a subscriber despite not really being interested in basketball. I'm mostly just passing on this anecdote on the off chance anyone involved reads this thread, because making the shirt got at least one person who was ambivalent about the show to sign up. Make more shirts!

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Did anyone get a confirmation for the t-shirt order?

And the Patreon app continues to be the worst piece of poo poo that I've been forced to deal with.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I like Thomas Middle, and I don’t want to disparage his celebrity but is he really effort month material...? Scott gets him all the drat time. He’s a little bullshit man anyway. Hope he sleeps real comfy on his T-Mobile money.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I mean, for a last-minute booking he's pretty solid in that Silicon Valley made him somewhat of a household name. If Kevin weren't such a fuckup I'd agree, though, he's not exactly a "get."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
He just did Conan's show, so if he's good enough for the Name Brand Celeb's podcast he's good enough for Try Month

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Doobs is killing it this week on Hollywood Handbook.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Wow, I can't believe the graham cracker debate has led to Hayes getting canceled.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

all-time great pro version this week

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Terrific HH pro where they boys get into some real behind-the-paywall chat about why Hayes stopped getting invited to game night at Sean's.

e: And I complained on here about my two problems with the Stitcher app a few weeks ago and now they're both fixed. You're welcome, thread. However, my regular podcast app also updated this week and it's still miles ahead. So the only thing between me and never using the Stitcher app again is just my laziness around finding that premium stream link and figuring out how to do that.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 13, 2019

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

WerthersWay posted:

What happened?

someone... please...

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WerthersWay posted:

someone... please...

Pay $5 and find out yourself, dude.

It's a great story.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
I don't like this. Hollywood Handbook should be the only show. Now it's like they have this other show that is the real cool one and they don't care about HH anymore. They can have Carl Tart on HH and talk about basketball. I'm supposed to listen to three podcasts now of just these guys?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
You get to listen to three podcasts with these guys.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I wouldn't be too upset if they stopped doing one of the Hollywood Handbook shows. It's a lot.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

how can you even say this during try month

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Getting to listen to The Boys for about an hour a day a couple of times a week is such a joy for me. HH and HH Pro have become such different entitites while under the same umbrella (today's Pro Version being a great example) and #theflagrantones is very different. And now they got me back into Basketball.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

the Insane Piano posted:

They can have Carl Tart on HH and talk about basketball.

Not as long as they're living under my roof they can't. I love the boys and Tart, but I give less of a poo poo about basketball than I do about reality shows and couldn't make it through RSS because of it.

They should just make The Flagrant Ones about movies, obviously. They can even talk about Hoop Dreams if they want. ONCE ONLY though.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Flagrant Ones is like 30% talking about the theme song/40% things completely unrelated to basketball/30% basketball

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
There is an episode of The Flagrant Ones where more than half the run-time is Sean, who is a big fan of rap and raps quite a bit on every episode, talking about his realization that writing raps is very hard.

It's hilarious and mind-boggling that a writer with so many hip-hop songs memorized never broke down how rap songs are written.

Hayes tries to change the subject before giving up, and Carl seemingly gets frustrated that Sean is so confused about writing a few bars.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Sinteres posted:

I wouldn't be too upset if they stopped doing one of the Hollywood Handbook shows. It's a lot.

shut da gently caress up

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Franchescanado posted:

There is an episode of The Flagrant Ones where more than half the run-time is Sean, who is a big fan of rap and raps quite a bit on every episode, talking about his realization that writing raps is very hard.

It's hilarious and mind-boggling that a writer with so many hip-hop songs memorized never broke down how rap songs are written.

Hayes tries to change the subject before giving up, and Carl seemingly gets frustrated that Sean is so confused about writing a few bars.

It’s also crazy because he already wrote a verse about spanking without much difficulty so I don’t know why it’s so much harder now.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Besson posted:

It’s also crazy because he already wrote a verse about spanking without much difficulty so I don’t know why it’s so much harder now.

Sean learning rap had me cracking up the whole time.

Such an odd show.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

cams posted:

lol hayes' wife cowrote captain marvel

let's be honest, for every credited screenwriter on a big studio tentpole movie there are 8-10 people who did touch-ups and doctoring

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

feedmyleg posted:

Not as long as they're living under my roof they can't. I love the boys and Tart, but I give less of a poo poo about basketball than I do about reality shows and couldn't make it through RSS because of it.

They should just make The Flagrant Ones about movies, obviously. They can even talk about Hoop Dreams if they want. ONCE ONLY though.

Basketball is over next month and soon you can experience the hosts figuring out what to talk about the other 7 months that NBA isn't on. It's probably going to be baseball which is the most boring thing ever but I guess we'll see!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If the Flagrant Ones follow through with their plan for monthly t-shirts, I won't have to shop for new clothes for a while.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Basketball is over next month and soon you can experience the hosts figuring out what to talk about the other 7 months that NBA isn't on. It's probably going to be baseball which is the most boring thing ever but I guess we'll see!

Perfect. I'll give it a shot then and maybe they'll suck me in by the time it comes back.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Franchescanado posted:

Pay $5 and find out yourself, dude.

It's a great story.

I already did. Wasn't up my alley so I unsubscribed after a couple months.

Anyone who isn't a dork wanna recap?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WerthersWay posted:

I already did. Wasn't up my alley so I unsubscribed after a couple months.

Anyone who isn't a dork wanna recap?

Long story short:

Lil Dickey, like everyone in Hollywood, wanted to do a Curb-like improv sitcom. Sean was gonna be a major player in the cast and helped coach in improv. They wanted a certain young rapper from ATL with face tattoos to be another major character. The rapper then became very coy about signing up for SAG and no one knew why. He quietly dropped out of the project.

Recently this rapper was found to not be from ATL, and is now in a lot of trouble.

SAG does background checks.

Sean tells the story funnier and with more details.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I just got Stitcher Premium, what is worth checking out apart from the Pro Version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Teachers Lounge for sure.