Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Tier 2 Destiny Fan is when you realize Asher is best, Failsafe is worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
tfw your options are to either become impotent or become a man going their own way

Tokubetsu posted:

lore wise a recurring theme in destiny is that ppl like drifter who go their own way

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

incels interlinked posted:

Man the void kills part of the Thorn quest is a grind

I am surprised the game still have the same problems than at release:
- Everyone gets the super at the same time
- Team > Lone wolfes. Is very hard to play alone, it end almost always getting yourself killed.
- The TTK is both too long and too short, seems optimized again for teams

....pvp is not for lone players anymore?

Other parts of the game have improved, but not pvp.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

What’s a good Void HC to do that step with ?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ashir Mir exists solely to give anyone who has any kind of particle physics background an aneurysm. I can imagine at some point during D2 development a CERN scientist snubbed a Bungie employee for some reason and in revenge they invented a character that tosses out the word 'neutrino' at every opportunity, randomly pairing it with an adjective.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

What’s a good Void HC to do that step with ?

Ikelos HC is a great archetype but with not amazing perks.

Year 1 Trials handcannon A Cold Sweat is basically exactly the same

Kindled Orchid is an awful archetype for PvP but has superior stats and a mod slot and can have Range MW.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Kindled Orchid is the only Y2 option and it's range sucks but 140rpms are the easiest HC type to use. If you don't have stuff like a void changed JQK or the Trials 180rpm HC you can just pick your favourite void weapon and grind it slower.

Tei posted:

- Team > Lone wolfes. Is very hard to play alone, it end almost always getting yourself killed.

The only thing you got right here is that teamwork beats a single player of equal skill yes

E: dang forgot about Ikelos HC

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There's also Thin Line from year 2. Same loot pool as RSoW and Dust Rock Blues. But it's an aggressive frame (extreme high risk for minimal reward in PvP) and it's somewhat hard to get a good roll on one.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I tried a random kindled orchid last night and hated it. It feels like poo poo.

Ikelos is a bad hand cannon but it feels better to use in crucible.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I've been using Kindled Orchid but its range isn't great. Mine has a range masterwork too but I'm not wasting the cores to upgrade it

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

As someone who has long held the position that playing lone wolf style is infinitely more enjoyable than human centipede team poo poo, no, the game is no longer for lone players. And you're also correct that the pvp is garbage time.

Glad to have you back.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

you start with 2 shots of secondary weapons? bricks of power ammo only give 20 shots on the hammerhead? what is this travesty of a pvp ?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What is said: "you can't lone wolf and it's all about teamshot"

What is meant: "i keep losing when I try 1v2s"

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

The actual problem with Destiny's PvP is their lovely P2P setup, Destiny 3 needs dedicated servers

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IgOGS_5H98

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Outplayed

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What is said: "you can't lone wolf and it's all about teamshot"

What is meant: "i keep losing when I try 1v2s"

Nope. I mean Y1 pvp habits have stuck with people and they still run around as a horde.

Wheeee posted:

The actual problem with Destiny's PvP is their lovely P2P setup, Destiny 3 needs dedicated servers

YUP. My guns go from kazoos to horns of Jericho and back again from game to game. But Bungie is a tiny indy studio and are doing the best they can! Anyone like a hug?? It's free!!!

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Wheeee posted:

It reminds me of playing CoD MW2 where you can usually tell who was hosting the game

Yesterday I was playing and this one guy would be shooting me before I even turned the corner, although on his screen I'm sure I just walked around it and stood there like an idiot. It's usually not that bad in that you can end up at least trading kills

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
curated orchid is the best you'll find in that archetype but you'll lose every even footed 1v1 so never start any engagement out of cover. stick to team firefights then peel off to take advantage of your kc/rampage stacks.

not a great choice but one you can lean into a little if you want

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
How much faster is the grind with a HC versus any other void weapon? I've got a curated roll kindled orchid, but I'm so bad with HCs and only got like 12% progress after 3 matches.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Tei posted:

you start with 2 shots of secondary weapons? bricks of power ammo only give 20 shots on the hammerhead? what is this travesty of a pvp ?

iirc you get 47 shots on a Hammerhead off the wall which is an insane amount of kill potential

also lol "only 2 shots of secondary" wow I only get two kills with my sniper before I have to go pick up a green brick for 3 more? gently caress this game

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

cvnvcnv posted:

Nope. I mean Y1 pvp habits have stuck with people and they still run around as a horde.

What's wrong with your teammates running around as a horde? Shouldn't keep you from lone wolfing.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Or was it high fives?? I actually would give hugs at Bungie. But the hugs would turn into belly-to-belly suplexes through everyone's desks. Then I'd go hunt down Josh Hamrick, deliver a Superman Punch and put him in a Sharpshooter. After he tapped I'd find whoever has the authority to say yes to dedicated servers. I'd cut a promo, first off, because I have a lot to get off my chest, Mean Gene, and then I'd give them the big boot and a leg drop.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Sometimes you can even get more than 2 kills from 2 shots of spawning secondary!!

https://i.imgur.com/ykQx4Fh.mp4

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
ikr?

https://i.imgur.com/rGnyDlf.gifv

lol

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I like playing lone wolf style on PC but I also dont touch comp at all. I might play this season to see if I can get the smg, but I mostly play to frag, make clips, and pubstomp if possible.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

is that a slug shotty

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is that a slug shotty

Good Bone Structure

Opening Shot, Quickdraw, range MW. Slap an Icarus on it and marvel at your new found cheat codes

e: i love this shotgun so much that my Luna has been collecting dust for months because there's no kinetic equivalent.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 13, 2019

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If you've ever used or tried to use chaperone and dismantled it for being a piece of poo poo, GBS is the solution. With OS it's superior in every possible way, and with icarus it's even better.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Been laughing at 'Hardonic Essence' because my sense of humor never evolved.

Also apparently Hadron is Greek for 'Stout' or 'Thick' so it's a multiple entendre.

cvnvcnv posted:

YUP. My guns go from kazoos to horns of Jericho and back again from game to game. But Bungie is a tiny indy studio and are doing the best they can! Anyone like a hug?? It's free!!!

Probably the best description of PvP. It's just so inconsistent.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I don't see the peer to peer being fixed until Destiny 3 but at the same time with Activision out of the picture there's no need to actually make a third game instead of just add more content.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
There will definitely be a Destiny 3.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

why ontop of everything else does comp need to have a bunch of less fun game modes?

can I please choose to opt out of countdown?

e: and why do I lose score when we're down players?!

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 14, 2019

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

There will definitely be a Destiny 3.

Feels like a waste of time unless there's a ton of underlying systems changes

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Learn from Warframe and just keep adding

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Got Thorn tonight, only played around with it for 1 Crucible match but it seems decent. Ace of Spades is probably still the better exotic handcannon for PvP

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Eej posted:

Feels like a waste of time unless there's a ton of underlying systems changes

It gives them an opportunity to delete all our gear (that they can trickle out to us) and rewrite any systems they hate. That's what they did with D2.

There was a rumor a few months back that D3 will have a lot more rpg stuff so maybe the PICK A SIDE mission is a taste of the future.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

xzzy posted:

It gives them an opportunity to delete all our gear (that they can trickle out to us) and rewrite any systems they hate. That's what they did with D2.

There was a rumor a few months back that D3 will have a lot more rpg stuff so maybe the PICK A SIDE mission is a taste of the future.

Yeah but D2 was made because their contract with Activision stipulated three games. Obviously we don't know how many systems changes they've made in D3 so far and we don't know how many can be applied to D2 if they wanted to. Asking players to once again throw away all our progress for a non contractually obligated sequel is a pretty big ask I think, compared to rolling whatever you can into D2 and rebranding it into just Destiny.

Sucks about D1 content though.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Destiny 2 was never developed to be an ongoing live game in perpetuity, there was always going to be a Destiny 3, and so Destiny 2 doesn't have the infrastructure or underlying tools for it really.

Given the split from Activision, Bungie can now do whatever they want, and I imagine that Destiny 3 will be the final release in the series as it will be built to be expanded upon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Destiny 3 is the actually the Halo Collection coming to PC. Hope you’re ready.