Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

Well I'm new, but I have had this really odd desire to say 'never not lynch.' As we approach deadline.

Like phantom hand syndrome or something.

I mean we did already lynch someone so ya know...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

That is very true.

Still.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Bernstrike posted:

does it matter?

i'm trying to figure out why the town bus driver would bus the two claimed power roles, and not one of them plus someone they found scummy.

welcome back dancer what do you think of all this

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

40 minutes.

I think, push coming to shove here, I'm voting Toal. TM pointed out a few good points re: their flip-flopping on me today and I think we need to flip someone from this gordian knot of night actions (and obviously I would rather it not be myself :v:), plus the idea of "his role PM clearly gives less info than mine therefore It Is Fake" is a weird sort of pull to jump back on the Monathin Is Scum train, imo. Even if I'm wrong Toal's flip should give a lot more information.

##vote Toal

If someone can make a really convincing argument to NL I'll do it but I don't think NL is ever a good idea so it needs to be a good one.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Toalpaz posted:

Did you read the day 1 post where I claimed a town power role that would be easy to kill DB?

##vote Mona

Whatever Mona's probably scum seeing as how my PM is worded correct and Mona didn't seek to clarify for a couple of irl days.

I was reminded of that as I was re-reading which also reminded me that you told me you did that specifically for reverse psychology purposes to ward off a scum kill. So which is it? Either your reverse psychology worked as planned and the following post is a moot point:

Toalpaz posted:

There's also the possibility that *gasp* I claimed town power role and scum tried to kill me. lmao.

Or the psychology did not work as planned and scum attempted to attack you (which I believe is your current line of thinking) which would be assuming that scum told themselves "could this be a NK bait? nah, lets take the risk and forego all the other wonderful possibilities"

or scum targeted another player altogether.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Gosh darn it. I had a really good night action play.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I am still so very inclined to believe that at least one of Mona/Toal is scum. While Toal's flailing and embarassment (sorta) upon having made an actual "innocent" error seems so so very well known to me from my own games as town where I rushed to shitpost, I do not like how he keeps continuing to change opinions too easily. Like, not too long ago, he said "Mona confirmed town" based on too little information, and now jumped back on Mona based on... well, you get the point.

Mona on the other hand is going after binus, and I didn't like him yesterday either.

Masterplay if they're both scum WHICH IS WHY I'M KEEPING MY EYES ON YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Last takes: b-, Cpig, dB are probably worst one me imo

Bad gut feelings about as who actually posts very few reads.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Dancer posted:

I am still so very inclined to believe that at least one of Mona/Toal is scum. While Toal's flailing and embarassment (sorta) upon having made an actual "innocent" error seems so so very well known to me from my own games as town where I rushed to shitpost, I do not like how he keeps continuing to change opinions too easily. Like, not too long ago, he said "Mona confirmed town" based on too little information, and now jumped back on Mona based on... well, you get the point.

Mona on the other hand is going after binus, and I didn't like him yesterday either.

Masterplay if they're both scum WHICH IS WHY I'M KEEPING MY EYES ON YOU

This is a chain lynch

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

is the case on toalpaz that he's toalpaz

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Toal just throwing whatever around and seeing what sticks now.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Atomic Soda posted:

i'm trying to figure out why the town bus driver would bus the two claimed power roles, and not one of them plus someone they found scummy.

welcome back dancer what do you think of all this

Are you acting like birb is a reasonable person to be understood what

BUT, on the off-chance my incredible charisma convinced him that Mona was, indeed, likely lying about town doc, maybe he took what he saw as the claimed power role of AS and "obviously fake" power role of Mona, intending to redirect an AS NK on Mona. In which case birb good comrade in the struggle, I might've done the same (thought I likely would've picked Toal instead).

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

And finally, they them they them they them they them they them they them

thank you it's been a great game.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

I'm sorry, I really know better than that and I should've avoided that. I am a scoundrel and will choose to blame the (lack of) nicotine. I will try to remember.

Toalpaz posted:

Last takes: b-, Cpig, dB are probably worst one me imo

Bad gut feelings about as who actually posts very few reads.

2 of those 3 are in my top 3 town reads wtf (well, close enough)

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

which 2.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Binus and Dicky B. CPig is not, like, totally scummy, but he seemed a bit too easily dismissive of arguments at multiple times. "No you're wrong" case closed no further comment.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

oh. i dont know about those other two but it would be bad if you thought cpig was town.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

I felt bad when I looked back at a post I made earlier in the game :smith:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I really do think B- swerved back onto mona and broke the vow of silence because he was worried attention would fall onto him due to the fact that the ASF lunch showed town was more flexible on my debacle with mona.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

it isnt too late :black101:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Especially because he originally voted on mona because he suspected solus and mona were bussing each other but seems to have apathetically turned to me without clear reason. Including voting me because I floated his name as a suspect, rather than thinking that I was scum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

A vote for b-?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

A vote for b-?

I could do it. ##vote b-

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

no you bastards

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm not going to.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I was hoping to ride this out to no lunch, but I was trying to get scum to think I didn't believe mona to protect him tonight lol XD

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Dancer posted:

Are you acting like birb is a reasonable person to be understood what

BUT, on the off-chance my incredible charisma convinced him that Mona was, indeed, likely lying about town doc, maybe he took what he saw as the claimed power role of AS and "obviously fake" power role of Mona, intending to redirect an AS NK on Mona. In which case birb good comrade in the struggle, I might've done the same (thought I likely would've picked Toal instead).

birb gets away with :birddrugs: posting alot but he's a canny player, that bus choice plus advocating a no lunch is suspect. don't sleep on the birb

only 10 minutes left

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i guess i have to kill toalpaz.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

That bus choice makes sense because if you don't know who's lying, and if one is probably scum and one isn't, then scum would probably kill/interfere with one claimed power role and not the other.

its a really obvious good play.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Atomic Soda posted:

birb gets away with :birddrugs: posting alot but he's a canny player, that bus choice plus advocating a no lunch is suspect. don't sleep on the birb

only 10 minutes left

Yes I'm here and all that, doing reading and stuff.

Toalpaz posted:

I really do think B- swerved back onto mona and broke the vow of silence because he was worried attention would fall onto him due to the fact that the ASF lunch showed town was more flexible on my debacle with mona.

See this just feels silly to me. "player X drew conclusion Y about ~the mood of the town~ out of the free lynching of unrelated player Z" If you're not making stuff up you're seeing shadows.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

That bus choice makes sense because if you don't know who's lying, and if one is probably scum and one isn't, then scum would probably kill/interfere with one claimed power role and not the other.

its a really obvious good play.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
7 minutes :derp:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Not to be rude but its 7 minutes. Stop arguing and either vote or not.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote toalpaz when your real role, which is lynchbomb, activates, use it to kill cpig

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

##vote toalpaz when your real role, which is lynchbomb, activates, use it to kill cpig

o7 i hate u

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

Not to be rude but its 7 minutes. Stop arguing and either vote or not.

This is totally rude

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hmmm gulag ur okay but I might might might maybe have made it thru if you didn't vote.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

youll make it through anyway. i just put up my anti voting shield.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toal are you gonna self hammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

youll make it through anyway. i just put up my anti voting shield.

thank u