Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

has anyone got a video of what the computer sees with just the boxes, no video feed?

idc if it's from a tesla or just another image rec system as long as it's got the right look. i want to make a point to my students

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I like all the fine labels and absolute lack of displaying any confidence values

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

PleasureKevin posted:

analysis of self driving companies

no

lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush posted:

has anyone got a video of what the computer sees with just the boxes, no video feed?

idc if it's from a tesla or just another image rec system as long as it's got the right look. i want to make a point to my students

you keep asking for this but i'm pretty sure it doesn't exist. not from a tesla anyway.

the system that spits out the video recordings showing the CV identifiers only does so with the video layer. there are much newer recordings from the autopilot v8 system showing the surround camera views, in multiple weather conditions, but they always have the video data

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sagebrush posted:

this is the only thing i know of, but it does have the video as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1MHGUC_BzQ

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
happy musk page! $tsla :toot:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Chris Knight posted:

Posting confirmed $TSLAQ

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Chris Knight posted:

:toot:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

hello :weed: page

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

lancemantis posted:

I like all the fine labels and absolute lack of displaying any confidence values

lmao - as if that thing is based on anything else than blog posts and tweets tagged with #AutoPilot

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i'm "lane: unknown" for everything except the truck which is in the right lane apparently

i can't tell if it thinks it's in the right lane because it technically is, on the road running perpendicular to this road, or if it thinks it's in the right lane because it's bad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
here's the source video for that

this should put sagebrush's request to rest for now

there's no export option without a video feed

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Is the Musk autopilot using medical marijuana to deal with the stress of killing people?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Speaking of Musk, the problem with him in charge of Tesla is that he's pretty much the main reason that it's surviving, despite him also being part of what's driving the company into the ground by writing checks with his mouth that the company can't cash. Without Musk there, you lose the IFLS crowd, and all the fanboys will wail and gnash their teeth about the shorts and say it isn't the same.

What I'm saying is this: Musk should go, but he's the only reason they've succeeded somewhat. Cult of personality and all that.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

infernal machines posted:

that is actually the least functional version of that on the market.

like, other off the shelf solutions from companies like mobileye were more capable five years ago

I’m just saying it might be salvageable as in at least whoever bought them wouldn’t have to start at zero to develop a system like that but

maybe it’d be best if they did :stare:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Mr. Nice! posted:

this is the only thing i know of, but it does have the video as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1MHGUC_BzQ

My favorite is the car tagged "stopped" that's randomly oscillating between -3 and 3 miles per hour

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ADINSX posted:

My favorite is the car tagged "stopped" that's randomly oscillating between -3 and 3 miles per hour

your autopilot software killed this man!

actually on a long enough timescale all humans average out as dead so no biggie

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

your autopilot software killed this man!

actually on a long enough timescale all humans average out as dead so no biggie

I think we all know the real argument will be "Well actually if the user had bothered to read the 20 page EULA they implicitly agreed to by entering the self driving car, that the responsibility is on them to call this 24/7 hotline number if they determine the car is driving irresponsibly in any way, since the user did not do this in the seconds leading up to the crash, they are the ones at fault"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/David_Rudnick/status/1105862581045153793

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

mad musk

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

NFX posted:

mad musk

🚒👁‍🗨🚗
💥🔋🔥

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

OnFyreFest

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

ADINSX posted:

i just like the things popping in and out of detection

the thing is all this flickering crap probably just encourages these people even more, because to them, technology is indistinguishable from magic

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
not musk but still good

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/PlugInFUD/status/1106288031294722051

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

please be real please be real please be real ...

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

having a small short gamble; please don't be true

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

wargames posted:

not musk but still good

what is up with his hairline?

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

https://twitter.com/pluginfud/status/1106288388230037504?s=21

I wouldn’t hold your breath

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

what is up with his hairline?

it's hard to injection-mold realistic hair

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

wargames posted:

not musk but still good

this is amazing

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

dank musk

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

posting on the weed page

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Just crosspostin' this from the C-SPAM thread.

:perfect:

3 posted:

i apologize in advance for nearly completely rewriting this but take it easy is one of my absolute favorite songs in the world and the meter as written didn't work as well as it could've. anyway, here's wonderwall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE6QBIBvcW8

download mp3 here

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

honestly surprised i haven't heard of more tesla issues in norway. they're really popular here (world's highest per capita adoption of evs) and i see them all the time. but there's snow on the ground from october until may and the roads are tiny and lovely almost everywhere not within spitting distance of oslo - it's often hard enough for a human driver to figure out where the road surface ends and the ditch begins and i doubt tesla engineers in california taught their systems about snow poles. i guess people are mostly just smart enough to not turn on autopilot in those conditions?

i was driving through town in bad weather and did see one parked in half a metre of snowdrift with hazards on just off the side of a completely straight road section recently though, lol

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i see teslas all the time in minnesota too, which i find comparable to norway in the narrow sense that we have long winters. i do not understand why the tesla drivers are hauling around in their lovely california sedans the whole winter tho. very rarely do i see one in the winter that is not caked with salt/snow mix on the body panels, which leads me to believe that a lot of tesla drivers here are somehow surviving with their car despite not hosing it down every day in a climate-controlled garage

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
yeah i have to believe either they're not quite as lovely in actual weather as reports have made out, or owners are really babying them

was it just the model 3 that had the issue with panels/bumpers filling with water or snow and falling off? i guess up until a couple months ago we only had the s and x here

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

big scary monsters posted:

yeah i have to believe either they're not quite as lovely in actual weather as reports have made out, or owners are really babying them

was it just the model 3 that had the issue with panels/bumpers filling with water or snow and falling off? i guess up until a couple months ago we only had the s and x here

the model 3 certainly has the terrible "let's tack on a mesh panel underbody clearly no environmental debris will get past it" aspect to it. but based on every other report of tesla using lovely pot-metal for every structural part they can get away with, i don't see how any car in a heavy snow/salt area will last for very long

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Dr. Kayak Paddle posted:

Just crosspostin' this from the C-SPAM thread.

:perfect:

I dunno why that says it's wonderwall but it's not, they've made a new song now (Take it Easy). Check it out it's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the model 3 certainly has the terrible "let's tack on a mesh panel underbody clearly no environmental debris will get past it" aspect to it. but based on every other report of tesla using lovely pot-metal for every structural part they can get away with, i don't see how any car in a heavy snow/salt area will last for very long

they were using lovely aluminum for the wheel struts you see popped out all the time. afaik the model 3 is the first one that's mostly steel, and also it's the one that has the issues with water collecting in the under carriage and body panels