Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Gatts posted:

What if you drink the chicken bake? Like cut an end open, stick a straw in it, and go?

The dressing isn't very flavorful so that would suck. I'd rather drink a blended chicken bake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Gatts posted:

What if you drink the chicken bake? Like cut an end open, stick a straw in it, and go?

Only if you use a churro as a straw.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I wish I knew how to do that crust so i could make chicken bakes at home. They rule. I like to order one with a mocha freeze thing and then listen to my kids complain about dadfarts.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

The Dregs posted:

I wish I knew how to do that crust so i could make chicken bakes at home. They rule. I like to order one with a mocha freeze thing and then listen to my kids complain about dadfarts.

Chicken bakes are gross but if you want them at home they have boxes of them in the freezer section.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is it one of those semi-prepared meals situated near the rotisserie chickens that you just have to pop in the oven? I feel like I've tried at least three of those and each time was disappointed I didn't just get the rotisserie chicken instead.

Those meals are some of my least favorite things about Costco. With the exception of the chicken fettuccine they're mostly really gross and way overpriced. "Here's some cooked pasta, that will be $4/lb please."

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Those meals are some of my least favorite things about Costco. With the exception of the chicken fettuccine they're mostly really gross and way overpriced. "Here's some cooked pasta, that will be $4/lb please."

The mac and cheese is.... alright. If you need to bring something to a big party (or hosting a party) and want to do it on the cheap and are lazy, it's fine and not super overpriced. I would probably not get it otherwise just because it really doesn't take long to make a giant pot of it at home. Everything else yeah pretty much.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

BeastOfExmoor posted:

ive never found such food anywhere that is any good

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Chicken bake is actually good as hell. The Al Pastor salad is surprisingly not bad. I didn't realize til I looked at the ingredients that it wasn't even meat.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wait I always thought the photo of the chicken bake being torn in half showed spaghetti coming out of it

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The chicken bake is ok?

Like it’s kinda bland.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

The Midniter posted:

I got this awesome couch/futon thing at my local Costco for $299. It is really really good. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

i’ve gotten this too a few years ago! it’s still with me and pretty good. many drunk friends have passed out on it. pbuc

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

that's not spaghetti!?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Fallom posted:

that's not spaghetti!?

Looks like a combination of gooey cheese and shredded chicken.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Fallom posted:

that's not spaghetti!?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I got one of those giant chicken pot pies today to bake tomorrow for pi day.

Did I make a big mistake? Interwebs reviews are... unkind.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Fallom posted:

that's not spaghetti!?

If it was spaghetti and chicken in bread it would be good.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

RZA Encryption posted:

If it was spaghetti and chicken in bread it would be good.

With Alfredo sauce, maybe some bacon.

I can feel my arteries hardening now

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Ultimate Mango posted:

I'm not much of a pot pie fan, but I like them a lot.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

BeastOfExmoor posted:

I'm not much of a pot pie fan, but I like them a lot.

The pot pie is pretty good. In my oven I have to cook it about 15 minutes longer than they list, but the crust comes out so good.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Fallom posted:

that's not spaghetti!?

It's some sort of oversized pastry.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
So if you drill an end of the chicken bake can you stick a weiner in there?

Hot dog you sickos

#costcohacks

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

priznat posted:

So if you drill an end of the chicken bake can you stick a weiner in there?

Hot dog you sickos

#costcohacks

We have done this multiple times in this thread. I used my local Costco specialty, the Italian sausage. Someone even wrapped a pizza slice around a hotdog stuffed chicken bake.

We are deviants abusing the blessings of the church. Heresy never tasted so greasygood.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Chicken bake sounds good but heated up Caesar salad dressing kinda turns me off

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

pnumoman posted:

We have done this multiple times in this thread. I used my local Costco specialty, the Italian sausage. Someone even wrapped a pizza slice around a hotdog stuffed chicken bake.

We are deviants abusing the blessings of the church. Heresy never tasted so greasygood.

Ban this sick filth!!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Grem posted:

It is specifically what makes it bad.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Grem posted:

Someone must be buying them. I mean, they are basically on the menu everywhere. And I’ve never even seen the Italian sausage and the polish was taken way because reasons. Maybe all the nonmembers are taking the chicken bakes and sticking their dicks in them since they can’t get any at home?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
The old chicken bakes had green onions and also way more dressing inside they were real good. The current bakes are ok but not as good

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Ultimate Mango posted:

We got one once and ate it for a week. We enjoyed it! I’d like it a lot more if the carrots were cuts of regular carrots and not baby carrots thrown in whole because it’s faster to open a bag and chuck those in than to properly fabricate tasty normal carrot morsels. Husband has no complaints.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Ultimate Mango posted:

I prefer the Shepard's pie but the pot pie is fine.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

The Costco pot pie is the only ready-to-cook fresh Costco product I've ever been terribly disappointed with. Just an overall lack of seasoning. Granted, the last time I had it was more than six years ago, and I've been gunshy about trying it again so maybe it's improved, but I'm still hesitant.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Those costco nut bars will destroy your rear end since they contain arrowroot powder, the same fiber packer that is in fiber one bars. Taste good but I cannot recommend

EDIT its actually Chicory Root Extract and will cause extreme gas

Whooping Crabs fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Mar 14, 2019

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Chicken bakes in their current incarnation are kinda gross. They should reformulate them minus the Caesar dressing and use ranch instead. Add some bacon bits too if they want to take it to Flavortown.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Huge_Midget posted:

Chicken bakes in their current incarnation are kinda gross. They should reformulate them minus the Caesar dressing and use ranch instead. Add some bacon bits too if they want to take it to Flavortown.

:911:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Huge_Midget posted:

They already have bacon

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Huge_Midget posted:

They really need to go back to the real chicken they used to contain instead of the spongy textured crap that's in them now. Then up the bacon bits a bit and add a little more sauce, and it'll be the chicken bake of old that was actually good.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

pnumoman posted:

They really need to go back to the real chicken they used to contain instead of the spongy textured crap that's in them now. Then up the bacon bits a bit and add a little more sauce, and it'll be the chicken bake of old that was actually good.

They use the same chicken you see on the caesar salads (which is your food service standard grilled chicken stuff).

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Whooping Crabs posted:

Those costco nut bars will destroy your rear end since they contain arrowroot powder, the same fiber packer that is in fiber one bars. Taste good but I cannot recommend

This is like a challenge

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

sandball posted:

They use the same chicken you see on the caesar salads (which is your food service standard grilled chicken stuff).

It's not nearly as bad when it's cold and surrounded by crisp lettuce, but hot and in a chicken bake, it tastes awful.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Whooping Crabs posted:

That poo poo is super high in fiber and great if your digestive tract can deal with it. Mine cannot, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

fordham posted:

That poo poo is super high in fiber and great if your digestive tract can deal with it. Mine cannot, sadly.

It just takes time for your microbiota to adjust. Keep at it!