Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Worst kept secret on the show, Howard's new book: https://www.amazon.com/Untitled-Non...=gateway&sr=8-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Lifespan posted:

Worst kept secret on the show, Howard's new book: https://www.amazon.com/Untitled-Non...=gateway&sr=8-1

Decent title but he couldn't manage to take a more boring cover photo.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

That's dumb. Jackie already had an album called Come Again.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Former Human posted:

That's dumb. Jackie already had an album called Come Again.

That's just sad :(

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ITT we suggest better book titles.

"Howard Stern: What are they saying, Robin?"

"Howard Stern: Four Chapters is Fine"

EDIT:

Colbert takes down Tucker Carlson talking to BTLS...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T1oGuyHH2I

Not bad, not bad. Loved the contraceptive joke.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Mar 12, 2019

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Surprised they went 1 hr 50 min this morning without a break.

And oh boy. A book filled with the interviews I skip over. Can’t wait!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love almost all the interviews

Sometimes Howard seems to be on drugs and can’t stop interrupting tho

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Is it really a book about his stupid loving interviews?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Miss America was really funny. :sigh:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
As someone that has never read one of his books, how it different or more insightful than the stories he tells on the show?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Astro7x posted:

As someone that has never read one of his books, how it different or more insightful than the stories he tells on the show?

He didn't have a house in the Hamptons back then so he pretty much laid into everyone. But I can see new people reading the books now and saying, "Who the hell is this?!"
Like when he talks poo poo about Arsinio Hall, you might as well be talking about Jack Parr since most young people have no idea who either person is.

The book will do well because of Superfans but I expect to see the big 50% Off sticker on the cover by Thanksgiving.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I read both in the past few years and thought Miss America was funnier than Private Parts. Private Parts is more autobiographical but if you've listened to the show for years you already know most of the stories, whereas the majority of Miss America is just Howard riffing on poo poo.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Astro7x posted:

I swear, Robin, I was as hard as a loving diamond in that bathtub.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

EngineerJoe posted:

Is it really a book about his stupid loving interviews?

That and a ~secret~ that Howard has lied to us all about for two years. Speculation ranges from hiding his dads death to celebrity affairs. He emphasized the book coming out around Father's Day. Apparently 2 years ago is roughly around the time of a "cancelled" show. I thought that was way longer than 2 years ago.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

swims posted:

That and a ~secret~ that Howard has lied to us all about for two years. Speculation ranges from hiding his dads death to celebrity affairs. He emphasized the book coming out around Father's Day. Apparently 2 years ago is roughly around the time of a "cancelled" show. I thought that was way longer than 2 years ago.

Gosh, I hope it's as amazing as the "secret" about never having plastic surgery.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

swims posted:

he and Beth are adopting a baby or Beth had a miscarriage or something

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Didn't he leave America's Got Talent around two years ago? It's likely something about that.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Lifespan posted:

Didn't he leave America's Got Talent around two years ago? It's likely something about that.

Trump called a meeting and asked him to be on cabinet or head up the FCC.

gently caress me, I can actually see that happening. What a loving time to be alive.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Wow, you're right. He did admit to talking to him regularly up until the nomination, it's very possible they spoke after the election.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

UltraRed posted:

That's just sad :(

Big deal, I don't know if the Jackie album, or the book, or any of Jackie's albums, or books or any of Howard's books are any good but its not that big of a deal.
That album was released over 20 years ago.

A band named Medicine Head released an album named Dark Side Of The Moon in 1972.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Trump called a meeting and asked him to be on cabinet or head up the FCC.

gently caress me, I can actually see that happening. What a loving time to be alive.

We are through the looking glass... and to think that he originally begged Bill Clinton (on air) for that job back in the day.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I find it hard to believe Howard's dad could've died without one scumbag *coughdominiccough* leaking it to the press

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

What are the odds of Howard doing more than, say, three or four interviews to promote his book? He's already said he won't go to LA and there's a close to zero chance he will ever do any podcast. I say he does a couple TV shows and something on radio and then complains that it's enough and who cares, Robin?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Definitely, but it means it will be an A+ booking. I assume Colbert since he is number one and the Tonight Show since he is semi-friends with Fallon. If he won't fly out to Kimmel's show, that would be a bit messed up. He is definitely skipping any day, international, or after midnight shows.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Was listening to the 2-26-07 show (Mr Skin was in with the Anatomy Awards), later in the show (4:20ish in) they were talking about some contemporary semi-documentary they'd all watched, where local community white people in some southern town learned that their grandparents/whatever far back had owned other families as slaves that are still members of the community (the show was about the white family that owned Al Sharpton's ancestors), and how the white owners last name is where a lot of former slave families were named.

Howard immediately riffs that there's no way it's Robin Quivers, it was probably originally Robin Trump. I just thought that was funny given the current "Trump is actually friends with a slaver" news.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Simon & Schuster is owned by CBS so I’m sure he does Colbert.
Jimble Kimble does shows every year from Brooklyn so be probably waits to do that.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Deaths are public record and TMZ would probably get a tip on anything that would put his dad in the hospital.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Did anyone listen to Howard today? I am still a week behind, but I guess she referred to him as "Hollywood Howard" and he in turn spent about 30 mins railing on her (in a solid, classic Howard way) and in turn they pulled that segment from the on demand feed... wtf?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lifespan posted:

Did anyone listen to Howard today? I am still a week behind, but I guess she referred to him as "Hollywood Howard" and he in turn spent about 30 mins railing on her (in a solid, classic Howard way) and in turn they pulled that segment from the on demand feed... wtf?

She who?

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Wendy Williams. He really went of the rails about it.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Oh yeah, whoops. I guess they removed it from all of the replays too which is pretty nuts. I have not listened to it yet, but someone posted it here: https://rutube.ru/video/52c61d77fc789852f41f72699796d4d5/

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Listening too it maybe the trans slurs and calling her a oval office 40 times was maybe too much

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

euphronius posted:

Listening too it maybe the trans slurs and calling her a oval office 40 times was maybe too much

He's probably trying to prove he's not "Hollywood". :rolleye:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

euphronius posted:

5-day-a-week therapy + TM really paying off there.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bonzo posted:

5-day-a-week therapy + TM really paying off there.

Yeah he was in a deep anger well

He def just 100% embarrassed about the outburst

Even Fred was shocked

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
That was brutal. There was no reason to snipe him like that and he cut back deep. She's a total hack that he (for some reason) has been complimentary towards. The problem is that by removing the replays and on demand he completely proved her right.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Man I haven't listened to new shows since like 2011 and it's weird how different Howard's voice sounds in that clip. I mean, yeah, he's aged in the past 8 years but I guess because I still listen to a lot of clips and stuff on Youtube of old shows I am just super accustomed to his old voice.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Lifespan posted:

That was brutal. There was no reason to snipe him like that and he cut back deep. She's a total hack that he (for some reason) has been complimentary towards. The problem is that by removing the replays and on demand he completely proved her right.

What if he had no say in removing it?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Bubba is now suing his former station and SpiceBoy for the Hogan sex tape

http://www.tampabay.com/arts-entertainment/bubba-the-love-sponge-sues-cox-radio-and-mike-calta-claiming-ratings-sting-operation-20190314/

I have no idea how Bubba can pay lawyers anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Man I haven't listened to new shows since like 2011 and it's weird how different Howard's voice sounds in that clip. I mean, yeah, he's aged in the past 8 years but I guess because I still listen to a lot of clips and stuff on Youtube of old shows I am just super accustomed to his old voice.

I always wondered when people start talking like old people. Does it happen to everyone? Will Howard start talking like Imus soon? Did Imus always talk like Imus?