Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I hear you’re a racist now, Terry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 days!

dsriggs posted:

I hear you’re a racist now, Terry!

Only, the hardcore wrestling takes up most of the day, and at night I just like a cup of tea. I mightn't be able to devote myself full time to the old racism.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is calling Hulk Hogan by his birth name supposed to depower him or something, I would have never even known who that man was talking about if it wasn’t pointed out in the next post

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hulk Hogan is not a racist. Terry is.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aesop Poprock posted:

Is calling Hulk Hogan by his birth name supposed to depower him or something, I would have never even known who that man was talking about if it wasn’t pointed out in the next post

Yeah, it would be like calling Honky Tonk Man..... Wayne? I think that is his name? Who the gently caress thinks of Hulk Hogan when they hear “Terry”?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Reminder: actual native fluency is impossible for adult learners :eng101:

Adult learners can get pretty close, though.

I'm not saying it's OK to be making GBS threads on Asuka for her language, I just want to point out that if you're an adult and want to learn a language don't let things like this discourage you. You can get to C2 in most European languages with some hard work. I know plenty of people who learned English or Spanish to "fluency" in their late teens and early 20s.

I know it's hard work because I've lived in Latin America for over 6 years and I'm still probably not even A2 with Spanish.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, it would be like calling Honky Tonk Man..... Wayne? I think that is his name? Who the gently caress thinks of Hulk Hogan when they hear “Terry”?

I would know that because he was Honky Tonk Wayne in Calgary

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
My favourite thing about Terry Bollea is that he doesn’t have a ten-inch dick, but Hulk Hogan does.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smoking Crow posted:

I would know that because he was Honky Tonk Wayne in Calgary

Yeah, but if somebody out of nowhere with zero context said,"loving lol that they paid Wayne to go to Hatfield, Connecticut! :lol:" you probably wouldn't think,"Ahh, that's the Honky Tonk Man they're talking about."

It's especially bad with Hogan because, as mentioned earlier in the thread, probably 99% of people associate the name Terry in a wrestling context to Terry Funk.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Hell if someone said it out loud and I was aware it was in a wrestling context I’d think Terri Runnels second

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Good Terry = Terry Funk
Okay Terry = Terry Runnels
Bad Terry = Hulk Hogan.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

her name is not spelled that way. please choose between the red rooster and bam bam terry gordy for the okay terry. i cannot verify okayness

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
there was also terry bradshaw who later changed his name to jbl

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Terrible Tale of Too Many Terrys

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

Terrible Tale of Too Many Terrys

A tête-à-Terry if you will

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

quote:

No one voted. But love that tweet. He’s right. Harlem Heat DO deserve to be in there.

quote:

it's not a vote vote, but someone had to suggest it at some point and others had to agree with the idea, which is vote like

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they had a spiritual vote. like with crystals and poo poo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Imagine posting evidence Dave is right and pretending it is evidence Dave is wrong.

https://twitter.com/badtakejustin/status/1105913647023349760?s=19

And then getting pissed someone pointed out you were wrong.

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1105918860379725825?s=19

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Lmao I just saw that on twitter.

People just want to poo poo on Dave so bad and I honestly don't get it.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

MassRafTer posted:

Imagine posting evidence Dave is right and pretending it is evidence Dave is wrong.

https://twitter.com/badtakejustin/status/1105913647023349760?s=19

And then getting pissed someone pointed out you were wrong.

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1105918860379725825?s=19

Yeah I mean FFS your hair is more wavy or kinky then curly. The jerk.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 days!

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Lmao I just saw that on twitter.

People just want to poo poo on Dave so bad and I honestly don't get it.

It's actually pretty understandable when you realize that the guy with a big WWF logo on his hat has, like many people, tied his personal identity up with the corporate product he consumes, and so views even the mildest criticism of WWE by Dave and others as a deeply personal attack on himself.

Either that or he's just a moron. :v:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Nystral posted:

Yeah I mean FFS your hair is more wavy or kinky then curly. The jerk.
i think there should be a rule that if you wear a hat in your profile pic you can’t make fun of someone else’s hair

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/ELPlethora/status/1106259402120744970

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Modern capitalism is completely divorced from the actual production side of it's own economic system, favouring instead the gambling and facade of health favoured by the stock trading classes and it is doomed to collapse. A Marxist tweet.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
The promotion of the year criteria takes into account money made. I feel wwe coming in 2nd in best and 1st in worst is a good representation of the year they had. I’ll also accept 1st in best and worst.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Their readers almost certainly voted it the worst because of the Saudi stuff alone (same for Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic which it also won), and were completely right to do so if that was the case

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I voted WWE worst promotion because it sucked, personally

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Not gonna link it because I don't feel like it but probably the dumbest loving take I've seen is that this:
https://twitter.com/JayWhiteNZ/status/1106397326669680640

Is bad because it's breaking kayfabe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drat kids today don't know how to be heels. Larry Zbyszko would have celebrated hate crime murder sprees.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

VJeff posted:

Not gonna link it because I don't feel like it but probably the dumbest loving take I've seen is that this:

Yeah that's p much the worst take possible.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

VJeff posted:

That's real dumb. In that it doesn't even make sense. Like, in canon all of Jay's friends are Tongan or Japanese. He might be a self centered dick but he's clearly not a nazi.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also what the gently caress kind of broke-brained idiot sees a wrestler showing support for the victims of a mass murder in his home country and gets upset because they think it is against the character he plays on a loving pro-wrestling show? Jesus Christ.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What, exactly, do they expect Kayfabe Switchblade Jay White to tweet in this scenario? "Actually I'm glad they're dead because something something HEEEEATTTT?" I'm pretty sure "Breathe With The White Supremacist" shirts aren't going on Hot Topic racks anytime soon.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Okay, but Young Sheldon and Big Bang Theory make billions of dollars and it definitely isn't the best show on TV either

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's the "Michael Bay is a great director because Transformers 5 made $400M in profit (because it cost like $50M after Chinese tax breaks)!" argument, equating financial success with artistic worth.

I mean, Aquaman and Captain Marvel both made/are making a fuckton of money too, but neither of them are close to the best movie that has or will be released this year. (I enjoyed both, but they both have a ton of problems too)

Vince MechMahon posted:

That's real dumb. In that it doesn't even make sense. Like, in canon all of Jay's friends are Tongan or Japanese. He might be a self centered dick but he's clearly not a nazi.

Also he likes knives, not guns.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean if Jay had tweeted "I'm appalled at this mass murder. Ban guns so all mass murderers will use knives instead #breathewiththeswitchblade" it would be really insensitive, but it would be in character.

Jerusalem posted:

Also what the gently caress kind of broke-brained idiot sees a wrestler showing support for the victims of a mass murder in his home country and gets upset because they think it is against the character he plays on a loving pro-wrestling show? Jesus Christ.

Heels aren't supposed to be nice, eeeeveeeeeeeeeer. :jerkbag:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it is not kayfabe that he likes people dying and wants them to die and wants to kill them anyway. or else he freakin sucks at it and picked a bad profession!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Movies don't have problems nerds they're just movies.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 days!

Jerusalem posted:

That dude probably loved Larry Zbyszko's comment when Louie Spicolli died during their feud in WCW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the wise man bowed his head solemnly and spoke:

Aphrodite posted:

Movies don't have problems nerds they're just movies.
you imbecile. you loving moron