Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
It's also somehow more racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
At some point in the past 30 years people forgot how to make horror or action films with coherent storylines. A series of unconnected action sequences showing off your sub-par CGI is not the same as a plot.

Also when did the IDF become a fetish.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Splicer posted:

boycott divest sanction, man

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Splicer posted:

It's also somehow more racist

The movie feels like it was directed by Shane Black’s character in Predator

Wait I am thinking of The Predator. Which is also poo poo garbage

skasion fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Mar 14, 2019

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Owlbear Camus posted:

boycott divest sanction, man
It's not my fetish. "Hot female IDF member" became a standard film and tv trope recently and I want to know who decided to make that a thing.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

skasion posted:

The movie feels like it was directed by Shane Black’s character in Predator
And now I know that Shane Black directed The Predator. Which I am going to watch soon. Because of masochism.
e:

skasion posted:

Wait I am thinking of The Predator. Which is also poo poo garbage
Oh I thought it was just a funny coincidence. Don't worry it was an excellent and accurate burn anyway.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Thinkin bout thos aliens.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Splicer posted:

It's not my fetish. "Hot female IDF member" became a standard film and tv trope recently and I want to know who decided to make that a thing.

Gal Gadot literally was the hot female IDF member before she got into Hollywood. She was in some women in uniform type Maxim photo shoot in the mid 2000s that got to be big news somehow, way before she was A-list. Maybe that’s where they were coming from.

Splicer posted:

And now I know that Shane Black directed The Predator. Which I am going to watch soon. Because of masochism.
e:

Oh I thought it was just a funny coincidence. Don't worry it was an excellent and accurate burn anyway.

You will see, it is way more accurate about The Predator. Predators is dull and ugly but The Predator is one of the most incoherent big budget movies I’ve ever seen.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Splicer posted:

I think you can guess who

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

That dipshit Range15 movie does the same thing. Right wing pyschos love to venerate the IDF waifu.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Why didn't the compass work

Why didn't the sun move

Why was he able to see the sun wasn't moving but not see the five gas giants next door

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I literally didn't finish watching avp 2 it was really dumb and not interesting enough to watch

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Splicer posted:

I just saw predators.

It's bad guys.

Worse than predator 2.
Well duh. Most things are worse than Predator 2.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Predator 2’s only real problem is that it has to follow up Predator 1 without Arnold. But it adapts to that brilliantly and apart from that burden of expectation it’s a great movie. I think it’s aged really well as the threequel and fourquel are so spectacularly inept and show how much worse it could have been. Quite apart from anything else, the social commentary aspect is awesome, Verhoeven level.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
The predator in predator 2 makes the predators in AvP 1 look like tactical geniuses

I think the other predators let him get killed because they didn't want to ride back with him

Seriously he's useless

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

The predator in Predator 2 is indeed a moron. I like to think of him as the equivalent of fat middle-American dentists who go on safari and get eaten by lions; in that case, the actions of his fellow predators at the end of that movie are tantamount to your hunting buddies thinking so little of you they give the lion a medal.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Splicer posted:

The predator in predator 2 makes the predators in AvP 1 look like tactical geniuses

I think the other predators let him get killed because they didn't want to ride back with him

Seriously he's useless

Well that's the best thing about predators. If you own one hard enough it has to kill itself.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I actually liked Predators. Well, I mean as much as you could like that movie. It's not very good. I think I maybe liked the idea of it more than the actual movie. Kidnapping all of these very different "warriors" from their region and having them as the predator's prey.

Predator 2 is great. Bill Paxton kinda has the same timeline in Aliens. He shows up as a sleezeball and redeems himself at the end by sacrificing himself to save others. It's not as good as Predator of course but it has an interesting take because they went from a jungle to a "concrete jungle." I also love that it only takes place a few years into the future of when the movie was made, maybe 1997 or something (I could be wrong it might just be the same year) and LA is just a straight up war zone.

I saw that Range15 movie at a fundraising events for vets and won one of those zombie killing swords. It was a right wing jingoistic masturbatory movie but there were a couple of funny parts in it. Like when they went to the anti-gun house and they all died immediately or something. Otherwise it was garbage.

The IDF can go gently caress themselves with a fake Hamas rocket up the rear end. I am quite surprised they haven't blocked me on Twitter. I like to ask them how many kids they killed each time they bomb Palestinians, which is quite regularly if you follow them.

gently caress them. gently caress them hard.

edit: if you follow them and see an rear end in a top hat post about them killing kids then there is a 99% chance it's me. And my name is Game Over Man, with this pic of Hudson as my AV.

I really like Aliens. Enough to have my Twitter identity to be a character from it. I mean I don't act like Hudson, but the pics are funny.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 15, 2019

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Demon Of The Fall posted:

My and my friends still joking say "stay frosty" to literally any activity

:lol: :hfive:

I've been known to say that on occasion.

I also say "We're in the pipe. Five by five."

Stay frosty.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Splicer posted:

Seriously he's useless

I don't think I've seen it since it was first released on VHS but I definitely remember getting that vibe when he was back in his spaceship.

Like the fat kid who went off on his own to get the easy kills of humans while the cool predators were out together, hunting the scary space monsters.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Splicer posted:

At some point in the past 30 years people forgot how to make horror or action films with coherent storylines. A series of unconnected action sequences showing off your sub-par CGI is not the same as a plot.

Dredd and Fury Road at least keep the hope alive

Fury Road is like a fever dream of an 80's action movie and Dredd straight up could have been a Kurt Russel movie in 1984

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

VikingSkull posted:

Dredd and Fury Road at least keep the hope alive

Fury Road is like a fever dream of an 80's action movie and Dredd straight up could have been a Kurt Russel movie in 1984

Dredd was loving amazing. I just watched it again a few days ago in fact.

I have a man-crush on Karl Urban. He's perfect for the role.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Dredd was loving amazing. I just watched it again a few days ago in fact.

I have a man-crush on Karl Urban. He's perfect for the role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQJH-zUYOoc

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I loved that Dredd didnt force a dumb romance between the two leads. They just kick rear end together.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Elderbean posted:

I loved that Dredd didnt force a dumb romance between the two leads. They just kick rear end together.

olivia thirlby was really good in her role as well.

The production being the scenes are really great if you are into practical effects for how they did things like slow-mo drug scenes or the miniatures practical effects.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

One of the best scenes in the movie.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Im the guy with the fabulous wig

heffsay
Mar 5, 2013
Aliens fuckin owns. I watched the theatrical cut and the special edition in consecutive nights this week due to this thread.

I like the theatrical cut just so much more. Just wish those sentry turrets made the cut.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dredd is loving amazing and it’s a drat shame it won’t ever get a follow up.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Splicer posted:

I just saw predators.

It's bad guys.

Worse than predator 2.

Oof, yeah I saw it in theatre, did not enjoy.

(oops I was thinking of the predator)

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I read somewhere that action sequences that don't advance the plot or contribute to character development are fundamentally useless. These sorts of action sequences are all over the place in modern movies. That combined with bad shaky cam and terrible conveyance of scene geography make for some truly boring action flicks nowadays.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Riatsala posted:

I read somewhere that action sequences that don't advance the plot or contribute to character development are fundamentally useless. These sorts of action sequences are all over the place in modern movies. That combined with bad shaky cam and terrible conveyance of scene geography make for some truly boring action flicks nowadays.
I think distracting from mediocre plots with flashy action scenes has always been around, it's just that bad films rarely last long in the public consciousness. So we're still talking about Aliens and Terminator but not... other films from the same time period I can't think of because everyone just forgot about them. Mrs. Splicer and I have been slowly working through the full MST3K run and Teens Dancing was the 60s' Obligatory Car Chase.

Avatar was one long action sequence and when was the last time you thought about Avatar?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Im the guy with the fabulous wig

I know when the movie came out everyone seemed to famous wig henchman the most for season.

Only was sort of random how it had Domhnall Gleeson in a small side role before he started to score more lead type roles in movies like Ex Machina.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
Besides Stallone saying the line, the only thing I remember from the 90's Judge Dredd is this close up underneath a character's face. And he has this huge booger rattling around his nose while he talks.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Somehow I totally missed this thread.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xenomrph posted:

I have a feeling you'll fit in well.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

Stay frosty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
One fun thing I noticed about Aliens only a few months ago. Ferro ironically foreshadows her own death. When the marines wake up, Vazquez asks about Ripley and Ferro mockingly replies, "she saw an alien once." Later, in the dropship, Ferro sees an alien once.