Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Chefs to form an NRA-esque org to block this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Push El Burrito posted:

I carry around this gun to open boxes at work.

I carry mine for fishing, this way I don't need a GPS tracker and not have it in a national database.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

trickybiscuits posted:

I'd like to put HIM in a knife handle.

Three days later

tl;dr: woman with month-old baby does things other than answering mother's non-important e-mails. Mother considers this a murder attempt.

I'm going through this right now, except instead of a baby it's debilitating chronic illness that shut me down and made me the world's worst child. Did you know that being too sick to do anything means you don't love your mother? That asking to not be yelled at because it makes you sicker means you don't care about her at all? At least she refuses to speak to me now. It's reduced the stress in my life significantly.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm going through this right now, except instead of a baby it's debilitating chronic illness that shut me down and made me the world's worst child. Did you know that being too sick to do anything means you don't love your mother? That asking to not be yelled at because it makes you sicker means you don't care about her at all? At least she refuses to speak to me now. It's reduced the stress in my life significantly.

Christ that sounds horrendous :( hope you're doing ok.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

When my oldest kid reaches 18 I plan on giving them a knife and demanding they end me, so I can never become my mother. Would make birth control a lot more important if both parents were killed after 18 years.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

jobson groeth posted:

I carry mine for fishing, this way I don't need a GPS tracker and not have it in a national database.

Same. The fact I've never been able to successfully catch a fish with my knife is irrelevant. I still carry it for fishing.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

trickybiscuits posted:

tl;dr: woman with month-old baby does things other than answering mother's non-important e-mails. Mother considers this a murder attempt.

estranged mom is right in that if you haven't seen your new grandchild in a month then you're cut out of the picture. probably for a good drat reason

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

jobson groeth posted:

"Now sir before I can sell you this knife I'm legally required to ask, is this a fishing knife or a murder knife?"

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Knormal posted:

"Now sir before I can sell you this knife I'm legally required to ask, is this a fishing knife or a murder knife?"

It's for loading into my fully automatic knife gun^H^H^Hfishing rod.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Knormal posted:

Aha! What if it's a knife for murdering fish?!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Roblo posted:

Christ that sounds horrendous :( hope you're doing ok.

Yeah, I'm just more annoyed than anything. It's really stupid and unnecessary, but I'm just not in the position to manage her emotions for her so I'm not doing anything to remedy this right now. This is her decision and she's welcome back whenever she wants.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1106063248581894144

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Up the bum, no bebé.

Yes?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

You’d think a man so devoted to robotics and technology wouldn’t like hedgehogs.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
It seems like some parents get so wrapped up in parenthood that they expect their children to provide all their emotional needs. I know raising children can be isolating in some ways, and I wonder if some of these estranged parents never were able or willing to find other emotional outlets for their loneliness.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Picnic Princess posted:

she's welcome back whenever she wants.
y tho

Like no seriously why would you welcome someone like this back into your life? As you said, having her gone has reduced your stress significantly.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Panfilo posted:

It seems like some parents get so wrapped up in parenthood that they expect their children to provide all their emotional needs. I know raising children can be isolating in some ways, and I wonder if some of these estranged parents never were able or willing to find other emotional outlets for their loneliness.

In a lot of cases, the problems were there waaaayyyyy before the children happened, it's just culturally accepted that "I gave birth and you didn't die within two decades" means "I get your love (and the love of your own offspring) forever."

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Great, Musk ruined this very funny pic for me. gently caress off to Mars already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eKv4BEujFU

Jurgan posted:

You’d think a man so devoted to robotics and technology wouldn’t like hedgehogs.

lol

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

So is Musk announcing the new model of Tesla is a hedgehog? Because not much could top the stupidity of naming your models S, 3, X, and Y.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

hyperhazard posted:

So is Musk announcing the new model of Tesla is a hedgehog? Because not much could top the stupidity of naming your models S, 3, X, and Y.

"The new Tesla Reverse Hedgehog: The prick's on the inside."

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

hyperhazard posted:

Naming the next 5 models B, 1, T, C, H?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Introducing the Tesla NoFire*

*may contain fire

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
As I understand it hedgehogs gotta go fast*

* Tesla's take on this is to go up in flames fast to avoid copyright issues.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

jobson groeth posted:

As I understand it hedgehogs gotta go fast*

* Tesla's take on this is to go up in flames fast to avoid copyright issues.

*immediately accelerates to 120 MPH, brakes are disabled for a driver update*

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
*Chaos Emeralds not included

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Panfilo posted:

*Chaos Emeralds not included

Yes they are, they just call them batteries.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Panfilo posted:

Most of these people went through the same or worse from their own parents, and have no basis for what an emotionally healthy relationship with your kids should be like. I've actually known some parents who went into therapy before getting to the estrangement point, and it's a constant rehash of "your kid can love you and still be mad at you for acting like a dick."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/792499671868596224

Now that’s praxis

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

christmas boots posted:

*immediately accelerates to 120 MPH, brakes are disabled for a driver update*

Aw poo poo

I assume all the “driver update” and “driver incompatibility” etc jokes were made years ago

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Unironically agree that it is another step towards a better world.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Picnic Princess posted:

Narcissistic abuse is a motherfucker. I've been through that, in a similar but different manner. No bueno. Sometimes you gotta cut toxic people out of your life and move on :thumbsup:

there wolf posted:

Most of these people went through the same or worse from their own parents, and have no basis for what an emotionally healthy relationship with your kids should be like. I've actually known some parents who went into therapy before getting to the estrangement point, and it's a constant rehash of "your kid can love you and still be mad at you for acting like a dick."

Yeah, there's a lot of cognitive dissonance with not wanting to admit their own parents were abusive, so they normalize those behaviors, and then when they do them they say "well my parents were great and they did that so it must be fine that I do too"

Zaphod42 has a new favorite as of 00:05 on Mar 15, 2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Love that it must’ve been an SJW and not, for example, anyone who has ever met him.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I want to believe it's a colleague who just couldn't loving stand him anymore.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

RoboRodent posted:

I want to believe it's a colleague who just couldn't loving stand him anymore.

Or an employee.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
if that's the case why didn't they wait for him to be inside?

"hey john, love your stuff! oh me I'm just the new janitor, just oiling up your door with that door oil! loving big govenment regs, but it actually does work, makes you door better, just let me close it and dont touch it for a few hours."

PhazonLink has a new favorite as of 00:12 on Mar 15, 2019

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
"Clinical clients"

???

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Wait is this guy an actual doctor? Dear god

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

How does he know who did it, and their politics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

joedevola posted:

"Clinical clients"

???

Oh, you didn't know? He has a clinical practice as a psychologist. He's even written about a patient who believed she might have been sexually assaulted while unconscious as an example of how a lot of women today are irresponsible party girls. And no, of course he never tried to have the possible assault investigated

So I too unironically agree that interfering with his practice is good praxis

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1106311784267427840