Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

A Thread for todays games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
This 1-3-1 from Buffalo is so boring.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

rex rabidorum vires posted:

This 1-3-1 from Buffalo is so boring.

i feel like nothing's happened at all this game

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The 4th line seems to have had the most o-zone time and there's been a couple of chances off the rush but mostly a whole lot of nothing.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

cenotaph posted:

The 4th line seems to have had the most o-zone time and there's been a couple of chances off the rush but mostly a whole lot of nothing.

it's just dumb trappy bullshit that hopefully the pens work against next period

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Good start to 2nd though.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

I still don't understand why Trotman is used at all, but whatever.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

love the 1:44 shift by kessel and crosby

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Look Around You posted:

love the 1:44 shift by kessel and crosby

And cut to Kessel in his usual post-shift slumped over sucking for air posture
God I love that guy

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

flyers :negative:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

God I love that guy

I would like him to start scoring 5v5, but if he keeps setting people up that's just me being greedy I think.

Edit: I will add to this that Sullivan seems to have made a nice adjustment to attack the 1-3-1

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Hart getting hung out to dry.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Tom “20 goal scorer” Wilson!

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

lol Dumo!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

That was quite the play. Nice to see the Pens just kinda taking what's given to them and not over playing this low event borefest.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Laine reinvented himself now he's a playmaker I guess

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
No poo poo, he's been racking up As like crazy

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Hell of a backhand on Hornqvist, there.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

PP is back, boys

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

God I love that guy

Kessel is every beer leaguer's spirit animal.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
On February 26th, I posted

Shinjobi posted:

I'm just not convinced Bishop is still our starting goalie. He has flashes of Lehtonen at times and I just cannot do that again

Officially, formally, I recommend that Shinjobi shut the gently caress up

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Buffalo really sucks

Shinjobi posted:

Officially, formally, I recommend that Shinjobi shut the gently caress up

I think Bishop's annual vacation on the IR list is a bigger issue, personally.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

grack posted:

Buffalo really sucks

I was literally just going to post "Sabres look like rear end"

Not just bad but entirely uninspired

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nice headshot, Scandella

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

grack posted:

Buffalo really sucks

No Eichel tonight

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Eichel being out doesn't help, but Sabres are dry paint exciting. Bjugstad rules.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eichel being out doesn't help, but Sabres are dry paint exciting. Bjugstad rules.

That line 3 with Bjugstad is really starting to look good, and Mccann has been owning with Crosby.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Yeah. That was a good trade. Bjugstad may not be a scoring dynamo but he and McCann seem to gel much better than Sheahan and Brassard ever did.
Plus you have to love utility players that can slot in at center or wing.

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
Man all the guys the pens traded for seem to be doing well

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

That line 3 with Bjugstad is really starting to look good, and Mccann has been owning with Crosby.

Can the Canucks have McCann back? Please? We have so little

Edit: Two minutes each for hugging.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

grack posted:

Can the Canucks have McCann back? Please? We have so little

Edit: Two minutes each for hugging.

Sure you wouldn't rather have a nice Jack Johnson
Or Gudbranson? (I'm not fooled he's going to come crashing back to earth any time now)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

grack posted:

Buffalo really sucks

I think Bishop's annual vacation on the IR list is a bigger issue, personally.

:suicide:

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
Lmao larsson wanted absolutely none of malkin

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Scandella just hurt himself falling face first in to the boards. Wasn't touched, he just fell over.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Sure you wouldn't rather have a nice Jack Johnson
Or Gudbranson? (I'm not fooled he's going to come crashing back to earth any time now)

I keep saying this about Gudbranson too, but he's played surprisingly well. Better high dangers for than against...good corsi...eye test seems to make a lot of solid simple plays. I'm really confused.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PHIL that would have ruled.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I keep saying this about Gudbranson too, but he's played surprisingly well. Better high dangers for than against...good corsi...eye test seems to make a lot of solid simple plays. I'm really confused.

Has anyone checked this "Gudbranson" against pictures of his time in Vancouver?
Are we sure the pens didn't just bring in a ringer from the SweHL or something?

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
Ive been watching quite a few pens games and guddy looks pretty decent out there.. could be a change of systems or maybe its playing with actual competent players.. whatever it is he isnt looking bad as he was in vancouver...

Also holy poo poo the sabres are garbage without eichel

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh Hutton, they're killing you guy
you were so good last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Can't watch for dumb reasons but gently caress the wild. Good to see rope keep rolling and lesperence pot his first. 🌟