Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
anyway on a personal note, tomorrow is match day and i graduate medical school and start being a real doctor pretty soon, likely making this my last mafia game ever, for real this time, no takebacks. i dont want to become bad at mafia like merk and embarrass myself. plus, ya know, saving lives and all that.

thank you mr jonathan fisk for inviting me to this mafia game and goodbye forever all mafia friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't have a central mod doc so here are the roles, with parentheticals for things that weren't known to players:

1. Alasdair Crawfish - Vengeful, can kill one player that voted him in prior day if lynched. (After Xavier death, can do the same if nightkilled).
2. Ardulac - 1-Shot Gov (converts kill into poison)
3. b-minus1 - 1-shot jugg (reloads on scum kill)
4. Bifauxnen – janitor that alters roles but not alignments
5. Captain Foo – voyeur (after d4 would see total history)
6. Derby Ghost/Keane - Soothsayer, mod tells players he's TOWN. (upon lynch would revert to -2 and be declared TOWN in thread)
7. Ernie. – Jugg/Ninja, Zealot
8. fiery_valkyrie - Restless, could put vote on player upon death that would last two days (forever)
9. George Kansas - zealot
10. got some chores tonight - absorber (can absorb one kill)
11. Hal Incandenza – redirector
12. Ixtlilton - Zealot
13. kaschei - SK, passive blessing[self kp], (passive hide)
14. Little Mac – executioner (various boons/penalties)
15. Lumpen – Distributor, gave out drugs (that amped/broke abilities), win condition changed with Xavier status
16. merk - Zealot
17. Mills – Amplifier (guaranteed ability boost, always correct result through scum efforts etc)
18. Pander - Cupid
19. Pinterest Mom – Vote stealer (can steal votes of the dead)
20. The Ninth Layer – Framer
21. Toalpaz – Doc (1-shot suicide bomb scum)

zealots got their cop results accurately, just with a ? for drug induced uncertainty

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

got some chores tonight posted:

anyway on a personal note, tomorrow is match day and i graduate medical school and start being a real doctor pretty soon, likely making this my last mafia game ever, for real this time, no takebacks. i dont want to become bad at mafia like merk and embarrass myself. plus, ya know, saving lives and all that.

thank you mr jonathan fisk for inviting me to this mafia game and goodbye forever all mafia friends.

See ya in the ER buddy

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

kaschei posted:

Shoutout to pander who told everyone all game to lynch himself

me in scumdoc posted:

I will laugh my rear end off if you scumclaim two days in a row and still dont get lunched

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

wait so who was the observer? I am still so confused

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lumpen had the option to take the bullet meant for Mills. He chose to allow it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ending flavor summary: The remaining scum get out, most of the people save the ones killed by Kaschei survive the fire, Xavier is missing.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."
Well done Scum. I agree that Pander was the MVP. All we had to do was follow his directions (i.e. Lynch him and Bif) and Town would have been in a great position. Then finding out Ernie was the last remaining Scum wouldn't be too tough.

I think it's funny that Keane being a Soothsayer actually made me trust them less since I didn't really think those messages counted as actual mod confirmation. Messing with a basic messenger capability seemed like something Keane would do too.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Lumpen had the option to take the bullet meant for Mills. He chose to allow it.

I thought Lumpen always tried to help Town even when he was 3P :P.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Max posted:

Scum straight up played better, they deserve the win.

honestly I felt I played terrible.

I got super lucky N0. I kept picking people who I couldn't recruit into being lovers (merk, lumpen, *MILLS*, ixt), which gave me a ton of info. I don't think taste anticipated that. It directly led to me being able to push lumpen organically, and the scum to sucker-punch Xavier N1. Mills playing such an odd PR helped, because it probably dissuaded people from paying attention to him N1.

The Janitor being a very very unusual janitor was a pretty big benefit to us. I don't think we exploited it to its full potential, but it certainly kept the town on its heels. Why did Chores flip ? if the janitor already died? Etc. I thought bif overplayed his hand with the Alaster flip (which I honestly assumed was taste being cheeky before I read the scumdoc).

Chores was SCARY GOOD. He is absolutely town MVP. Without him I don't know if the scum suffer a single loss.

Kaschei was very good. I don't even remember why I kept fingering him as the SK like D3 or D4, but I just got it into my head he was tied to it somehow. He played his butt off, and at the end I doubted bif/ernie that he actually was the SK.

Pmom had pretty good instincts. I think he would have been better served engaging in the masonry. He probably could have gotten to figuring out I'm scum, and just keep stealing my vote forever and a day. I was legit scared of that for end-game, it kept me from scum-claiming.

Keane had really really really good reads when everything is said and done. He pegged bif, me, AND ernie. I had to go hard on bif to specifically ensure one of us survived if he could muster the town's energy like chores did. He just wasn't here here enough to make that a reasonable possibility.

Bif and ernie deserve props for keeping level heads, posting as needed, and asking me to stop suggesting insane paths forward.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Ardulac posted:

Well done Scum. I agree that Pander was the MVP. All we had to do was follow his directions (i.e. Lynch him and Bif) and Town would have been in a great position. Then finding out Ernie was the last remaining Scum wouldn't be too tough.

I think it's funny that Keane being a Soothsayer actually made me trust them less since I didn't really think those messages counted as actual mod confirmation. Messing with a basic messenger capability seemed like something Keane would do too.

I was super curious to find out what the town's reaction to my/Pmom's flip would have been. I buddied up to Ernie a ton while making bif my most hated nemesis to a ludicrous degree. That seems hard to parse through imo?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Pander posted:

honestly I felt I played terrible.

I got super lucky N0. I kept picking people who I couldn't recruit into being lovers (merk, lumpen, *MILLS*, ixt), which gave me a ton of info. I don't think taste anticipated that. It directly led to me being able to push lumpen organically, and the scum to sucker-punch Xavier N1. Mills playing such an odd PR helped, because it probably dissuaded people from paying attention to him N1.

The Janitor being a very very unusual janitor was a pretty big benefit to us. I don't think we exploited it to its full potential, but it certainly kept the town on its heels. Why did Chores flip ? if the janitor already died? Etc. I thought bif overplayed his hand with the Alaster flip (which I honestly assumed was taste being cheeky before I read the scumdoc).

Chores was SCARY GOOD. He is absolutely town MVP. Without him I don't know if the scum suffer a single loss.

Kaschei was very good. I don't even remember why I kept fingering him as the SK like D3 or D4, but I just got it into my head he was tied to it somehow. He played his butt off, and at the end I doubted bif/ernie that he actually was the SK.

Pmom had pretty good instincts. I think he would have been better served engaging in the masonry. He probably could have gotten to figuring out I'm scum, and just keep stealing my vote forever and a day. I was legit scared of that for end-game, it kept me from scum-claiming.

Keane had really really really good reads when everything is said and done. He pegged bif, me, AND ernie. I had to go hard on bif to specifically ensure one of us survived if he could muster the town's energy like chores did. He just wasn't here here enough to make that a reasonable possibility.

Bif and ernie deserve props for keeping level heads, posting as needed, and asking me to stop suggesting insane paths forward.

The game is over you don't have to keep posting like th--oh, oh no.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

21. Toalpaz – Doc (1-shot suicide bomb scum)

?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Targeting scum would kill both

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ardulac posted:

I thought Lumpen always tried to help Town even when he was 3P :P.

Exactly!!!!!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Targeting scum would kill both

Ahhhh

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Pander posted:

The Janitor being a very very unusual janitor was a pretty big benefit to us. I don't think we exploited it to its full potential, but it certainly kept the town on its heels. Why did Chores flip ? if the janitor already died? Etc.

yeah, I wish we could've tried out more creative stuff with that, but our NK's just kept not working, so the janitor didn't happen either!

oh well at least I got that joke one in at the end

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Lol bif I knew you were scum. Argh Well played

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

Lol bif I knew you were scum. Argh Well played

I suuuuuuuure was

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Retiring. Later.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

got some chores tonight posted:

i was literally upset i don't get to be town with you this game

it looked like so much fun

i'm sorry your only opinion of me is that i'm a bad player rip

i hope you match to what you want, and i'm excited for you to start earning money

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

merk posted:

Retiring. Later.

no blame

I 100% wish I coulda been town masons with you. Even as scum/town I was excited.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

yeah as much as this game was fun (thank you to everyone, my team, my parents for having me etc.) i'm done too

the motivation and momentum to play for me is just not there like it used to be - i feel like i don't have what it takes anymore to lie or try to figure out lies for weeks on end

hit me up next time anyway, taste, but no promises i will have changed my mind

thanks for a fun few years all :)

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

btw I made this D2 and wanted to share this with y'all

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Thanks for the invite Taste.

Playing has reminded me of everything I loved about playing mafia. Also, everything I hated.

Congrats to the scum team. I was so confused by the end I had absolutely no idea who was or wasn't scum. Except for Ernie who was so clearly scum that I left my vote on him after I died to no avail. I feel very let down.

Seeing all these people with cool abilities like governor and executioner and multiple masonries made me very sad about my role in comparison. Especially because the nights were so long. I desperately wished to be in a masonry so at least I could talk to people while the game was closed.

Ernie, for real now, do you know the Monty Hall Paradox?

I honestly thought Toalpaz was Keane with a name change. Made me very confused when Keane actually joined the game

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ernie, for real now, do you know the Monty Hall Paradox?

oh yeah absolutely

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Ernie. posted:

oh yeah absolutely

I knew it!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I specifically asked players I really liked who aren’t around anymore, and I’m really happy that so many responded. I’m sorry the game wasn’t better, but I hope at least some of you will stick around for some cool games with less out-there mods 💙

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I came into the game 100% honest that I wanted it to be a chill, fun experience. No stressing. Just doing the mafia thing, playing the game, fun fun fun.

And I really kept true to it I think? I valued fun over any particular foible. Yeah alaster shoulda been modkilled or just barred for playing cause it's alasdair duh but meh it was still fun.

Feel bad for the folks who had a bad time, but I had a really good time.

My only regret is that time is finite so I couldn't make giant image quote posts of everyone cause goddamn that's fun.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I specifically asked players I really liked who aren’t around anymore, and I’m really happy that so many responded. I’m sorry the game wasn’t better, but I hope at least some of you will stick around for some cool games with less out-there mods 💙

Thanks for running this game, it was wild. Incredible job by scum team and by chores. I wished I got to play more (kaschei!!) But I enjoyed it all the same.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pander posted:

I came into the game 100% honest that I wanted it to be a chill, fun experience. No stressing. Just doing the mafia thing, playing the game, fun fun fun.

And I really kept true to it I think? I valued fun over any particular foible. Yeah alaster shoulda been modkilled or just barred for playing cause it's alasdair duh but meh it was still fun.

Feel bad for the folks who had a bad time, but I had a really good time.

My only regret is that time is finite so I couldn't make giant image quote posts of everyone cause goddamn that's fun.

Pander your posts were amazing

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Pander posted:

btw I made this D2 and wanted to share this with y'all

lmao

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'm with Foo. I think you did great, and I had a lot of fun. Thanks for running it.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Ending flavor summary: The remaining scum get out, most of the people save the ones killed by Kaschei survive the fire, Xavier is missing.
but are the cats and dogs I was rescuing OK?? they seemed to be in a bad way

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Setup was really interesting. The zealot thing was a lot of fun, but I definitely botched that hard (wish I hadn't advocated for George Kansas to die d1 and we had claimed Ixt was town d2).

The b- lynch was probably the thing I'm upset about most in the game. I saw that being a bad lynch too late in the day and didn't put in the effort to move it onto someone else.

We couldn't have possibly won the game with Alaster around. We may have had a chance had he been modkilled, but we had tools that we could've used to kill him earlier.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Alaster playing would have given the town a late game vote stealer and anon vote. Tying myself to pmom proved to be problematic, cause rather than lynch me the town could steal my vote forever and move lylo back at least a full day.

The town's biggest weakness this game was night actions. The vigs were rough, LMs ability drew a lot of flak, soothsayer probably worked against Keane, and the zealot night action was less than useless.

Xavier causing investigations to go ? was a huuuuge monkey wrench for the scum though.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Pander posted:

Alaster playing would have given the town a late game vote stealer and anon vote. Tying myself to pmom proved to be problematic, cause rather than lynch me the town could steal my vote forever and move lylo back at least a full day.

The town's biggest weakness this game was night actions. The vigs were rough, LMs ability drew a lot of flak, soothsayer probably worked against Keane, and the zealot night action was less than useless.

Xavier causing investigations to go ? was a huuuuge monkey wrench for the scum though.

I'm mod confirmed town, Pander.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CCKeane posted:

I'm mod confirmed town, Pander.

:swoon:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Good game everyone, nice job team. Sorry for not posting more Taste, I'm kinda where Ernie is when it comes to having trouble finding the energy to lie to people over and over.

Pander put on a show this game and reminded me of how good he was back in the day. Chores also had a great town game. Both of them are easy MVPs.

Also I thought this was a good game from merk so I hope he's not really retiring for good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
I'm moving to Indianapolis! merk, if you ever get admitted to University or Methodist or Eskenazi, be sure to tell everyone your SA username.