Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Voices in my head - A Space Adventure.

Is a fresh new traditional CYOA! All the CYOA stuff you love, like picking from a list of options, and making decisions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yggdrasil's Branching Paths - SMT Gaiden: Persona X [CYOA]

My first CYOA in several years! Wake up, go to school, save the world.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

I've decided to try my hand at a Conan-inspired Heroic Fantasy CYOA, Blood and Thunder.

If you want to ride around beheading snake cultists with a bitching sword, (or sit on a throne casting snake magic on buff people with swords), please feel free to check it out.

MinistryofLard fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Mar 11, 2019

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

MinistryofLard posted:

I've decided to try my hand at a Conan-inspired Heroic Fantasy CYOA, Blood and Thunder.

If you want to ride around beheading snake cultists with a bitching sword, (or sit on a throne casting snake magic on buff people with swords), please feel free to check it out.

I pinned a link to your new, absolutely bitchin' sounding CYOA in the discord. I am super loving stoked for this.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
http://saarchiver.com/ is back up, if anyone has any archival requests.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

TheCog posted:

http://saarchiver.com/ is back up, if anyone has any archival requests.
Fragile Gods of Somewhere!
AND
Break Down that Gate!
AND
Lord of the Tower!

My other ones are okay to rot!

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Never Ever Give Up was neat though :(

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Never Ever Give Up was neat though :(

But I failed in my attempt to Never Ever Give Up! I gave up!

unless i work on it again later i guess

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Done

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Dog Kisser posted:

unless i work on it again later i guess

dooo iiiiiiit

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey i want to explore the diogines canon but i cant find a reliable source of which games are actually in the shared universe. also do i need an archives account to get the full experience or whatever? can anybody help w this dilemma?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Diog would never give us the tech needed for a cannon.

E: oh, nm

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

The newest map of Wrecking Crew is about to start. It promises to be a murderiffic extravaganza, culminating in slaying a giant robot inside the Venusian atmosphere. If there are any aspiring murderologists in this crowd, now is the time to join the fun.

Wrecking Crew is a mostly PvE board game of violent post-apocalyptic blood sports. Every player is one of the contestants and updates happen Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Bee Bonk is an excellent GM, who has herded this particular group of cats through five maps already and has shown no signs of slowing down. Along the way space stations have been decommissioned, moons ignited, battleships crashed and alien probes reassembled, all accompanied by excellent graphic design, dialogue and since the last map even audio logs to collect. The rule set is relatively simple to learn, but offers a surprising amount of interaction for weird maneouvers and trick shots if you know how to work it. So come on over and join us at Wrecking Crew!

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

onsetOutsider posted:

hey i want to explore the diogines canon but i cant find a reliable source of which games are actually in the shared universe. also do i need an archives account to get the full experience or whatever? can anybody help w this dilemma?

If there is a shared canon, it's not obvious even after 5+ years of Paradise Lost. If you read more than just his posts, you might see other people joking sometimes about some of this other stuff, but that's really it. Just start reading Paradise Lost. It's a big enough monster to read on its own anyway.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

sheep-dodger posted:

The newest map of Wrecking Crew is about to start. It promises to be a murderiffic extravaganza, culminating in slaying a giant robot inside the Venusian atmosphere. If there are any aspiring murderologists in this crowd, now is the time to join the fun.

Wrecking Crew is a mostly PvE board game of violent post-apocalyptic blood sports. Every player is one of the contestants and updates happen Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Bee Bonk is an excellent GM, who has herded this particular group of cats through five maps already and has shown no signs of slowing down. Along the way space stations have been decommissioned, moons ignited, battleships crashed and alien probes reassembled, all accompanied by excellent graphic design, dialogue and since the last map even audio logs to collect. The rule set is relatively simple to learn, but offers a surprising amount of interaction for weird maneouvers and trick shots if you know how to work it. So come on over and join us at Wrecking Crew!

I've got four supply drops bankrolled for this map and I'm giving them away to new players, so come try it out.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

A cyoa for jjba!

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

LLSix posted:

Is this the vote counter of choice nowadays?
I've edited that post to reflect the abandonment of that project. If you care about fair and user-friendly voting, your best option is approval voting, a much simpler and more transparent method which can be easily hand-tabulated while retaining most of the advantages offered by the old tool's method.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Ralith posted:

I've edited that post to reflect the abandonment of that project. If you care about fair and user-friendly voting, your best option is approval voting, a much simpler and more transparent method which can be easily hand-tabulated while retaining most of the advantages offered by the old tool's method.

I have to second this as the best method. I have yet to see it function in a more populated thread, but it's still more accurate and speedy than other methods.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Went ahead and just changed Persona X over to approval voting. It's simple enough to grok and I'd like a better understanding of the spread of people's preferences.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Mar 15, 2019

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[3v3v3 Fantasy Strategy Game] Dungeon Run - Are you a bad enough dude?
System: My attempt at creating a PbP strategy game in the vein of Dominions, and Conquest of Elysium.
Format: PBP
Players: 4 - 12.
Description: Your randomly assigned team mates are going to work together to try and stab the wizard, and collect as much loot as possible you can find. Anyone can sign up for Dungeon Run!
Features: Minions, Crafting, Magic 5 distinct Classes Necromancers revolve around raising other peoples units as undead minions. Demonologists create hell holes that spread taint and corrupt the land. They get a random amount of units every time they build. Shamans Have no buildings, and instead must be on a ley line in order to summon a unit, there upgrades are the most versatile. Druids have few units, and instead rely on giant expensive trees to slowly get built up over time. Paladins have the power of religion and capitalism. They can convince any unit on the board to join there side, and they have very strong basic units to fill gaps in the hodge podge army.

Here's the map I made!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Come join us for a Rock N Roll CYOA that is about exploration, violence, rock, and maybe involves a toilet.

(Click the graphic)

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Mar 19, 2019

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Updated! :D

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Loel posted:

You gave me Turt's link

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Fixed! :v:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Loel posted:

Thanks for including mine! Any chance you might be able to update it to include my graphic I just made?

And if you could link to this post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876229&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5#post491131994

It would be very much appreciated.

Edit: While I'm at it, here's a call for players. There's only four or five regular respondents, so if you're looking for a CYOA where your ideas can have heavy impact--and you relish making the author scramble--please join us! You'll be definitely welcome.

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 23, 2019

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Done and done :D

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

Edit: While I'm at it, here's a call for players. There's only four or five regular respondents, so if you're looking for a CYOA where your ideas can have heavy impact--and you relish making the author scramble--please join us! You'll be definitely welcome.

I would but I keep falling behind.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

super sweet best pal posted:

I would but I keep falling behind.

Don't sweat it, you're one of the usuals and you're doing great. I'm just opening the door to anyone else to check out, take the pressure off some of the regulars.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Hi all, taking a crack at a fantasy CYOA simulation thing. Hopefully it's of interest!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885560
:smaug:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Can I ask advice here, or is there a better thread?

Mine is the first CYOA I've ever done, and it accidentally started in GBS due to the nature of the thread.

As a result, I think responses may be a bit slow because it's in the wrong "spot." (Obviously it could also suck and be boring but I'm trying to think productively.)

Would I be better off getting my thread moved to the Game Room? Would that break any links?

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 26, 2019

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

Can I ask advice here, or is there a better thread?

Mine is the first CYOA I've ever done, and it accidentally started in GBS due to the nature of the thread.

As a result, I think responses may be a bit slow because it's in the wrong "spot." (Obviously it could also suck and be boring but I'm trying to think productively.)

Would I be better off getting my thread moved to the Game Room? Would that break any links?

Probably wouldn't break any links, but you may be better off quoting and compiling your updates in a new thread here. It'll be a bit of a pain in the butt, but it'll make jumping in a lot easier for a new audience. If you want faster responses you should jump into the Discord for help or questions. It's usually really busy in there, and people are always willing to help.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
GBS gets the best voting patterns. Madgod was a trip

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Just for fun I've started up another CYOA in the same setting as my previous one.

Right now the vote is on for which will be the character we follow! Get your vote in before Thursday!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885639

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After the death of Puff Game, I got pretty bummed. I took all the energy I had to writing a better version of puff game. If you found the game boring, or confusing, like it didn't have direction, well you were correct!

I identified these problems, and re-wrote the whole thing from the ground up, with a skill system, and very clear in-depth rules.

I would be thrilled to take on everyone I can. The first 8 will get to play as "teachers," and the rest will be "Learners," something similar to Wrecking Crew Sponsors. A way for players who are watching, but maybe don't have enough to fill out a full character a way to participate!

Recursion a game of Teaching, and Learning

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turtlicious posted:

After the death of Puff Game, I got pretty bummed. I took all the energy I had to writing a better version of puff game. If you found the game boring, or confusing, like it didn't have direction, well you were correct!

I identified these problems, and re-wrote the whole thing from the ground up, with a skill system, and very clear in-depth rules.

I would be thrilled to take on everyone I can. The first 8 will get to play as "teachers," and the rest will be "Learners," something similar to Wrecking Crew Sponsors. A way for players who are watching, but maybe don't have enough to fill out a full character a way to participate!

Recursion a game of Teaching, and Learning

We still need 8 players. I also got some feedback on my rules, and I've improved things! Including a much better over view!

Recursion is a multiplayer CYOA. Where 2 teams of goons are placed into a dying world tasked with fixing it. There are 2 types of players in Recursion, Agents and Supports. You come from a secret group outside of Time and Space simply called “The Agency.

Agents are investigatory units created with the soul purpose of rooting out quantum anomalies. Any time Agents are summoned to a world, it is because that world’s timeline has been changed drastically in some way. The Agents will know very little at first, maybe a blurb and a few pictures, but by Inspecting and Looking For Trouble, they will get clues (or be told outright,) to tell them exactly why they are there. They’ll need a lot of help to do that, and that help comes from Supports

Supports are Confiscated AI repurposed for the Agency’s goals. Creating an AI, is both highly illegal, and highly profitable. It was decided by the Agency’s Bylaws that any AI created before the singularity, should be confiscated for support work. Your AI will have a previous job, Whether it’s a program to write orcish shakespeare, or a spooky movie algorithm, there will be some attachment to your previous job that colors everything you do. This is called your “gimmick” a way to denote what makes your AI unique. Always keep your gimmick in mind. Support is a less active, but critical role.

Supports help by Identifying Tasks, Crafting items, and donating pixels to Agents of their choice. It is a less active roll, but also an important one.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I did a thing, for whatever goddamned reason. Let's all join Starfleet!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3886679

Not sure if there's a ton of interest in this CYOA but a few people in Discord seemed to be into the idea, so let's do it!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Drone posted:

I did a thing, for whatever goddamned reason. Let's all join Starfleet!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3886679

Not sure if there's a ton of interest in this CYOA but a few people in Discord seemed to be into the idea, so let's do it!

Warp 9 Ensign, engage!

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/JFy9mlD.mp4

The godgame Above / Below returns from hiatus. Again. We are still in the middle of a god era but you can come to aid or hinder the current gods, or vote on a situation you'd like to see illustrated!

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I have awoken from my slumber, and gone (at last), back to war:

Well Spent (W40K Imperial Guard Unit/Strategy CYOA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Tias posted:

I have awoken from my slumber, and gone (at last), back to war: