Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oh yea, gonna eat my snack of 12 pringles potato chips, yea that will really hit the spot!

Hmm, I need something sweet, gonna grab 3 cookies, yummy...

That catch is you gotta eat 12 pringles in one mouthful, then you can keep having the recommended serving size over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilbas
Feb 1, 2011

Glutton. A waste. Senseless. A failure of a criticism and a failure of a thread. Twelve pringles is and should be enough to satisfy any man or beast.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i always eat more than the serving size because i feel like i need more.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

A family size can of Chef Boyardee Beefaroni is actually 4.5 servings and not 1

Whatever, "science"

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
1 large pizza for 1 large boy pls

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
It recently dawned on me that I haven't had PIZZA ROLLS in probably like a decade. How did my life go so wrong?

embykins
Jul 4, 2009
i like junk food because it helps me fill the void

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I'm pretty sure that serving sizes are some sort of scam to make foods look like they have less calories than they do

Like why the gently caress is my packet of instant ramen 2 servings. Who the hell breaks the noodles in half and then carefully saves the opened flavor packet later? But hey if you only casually inspect the nutrition info it looks like the whole package is 230 calories.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Xun posted:

I'm pretty sure that serving sizes are some sort of scam to make foods look like they have less calories than they do

Like why the gently caress is my packet of instant ramen 2 servings. Who the hell breaks the noodles in half and then carefully saves the opened flavor packet later? But hey if you only casually inspect the nutrition info it looks like the whole package is 230 calories.

Obviously you're supposed to split the ramen noodles with your date.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Oh yea, gonna eat my snack of 12 pringles potato chips, yea that will really hit the spot!

Hmm, I need something sweet, gonna grab 3 cookies, yummy...

That catch is you gotta eat 12 pringles in one mouthful, then you can keep having the recommended serving size over and over.

It’s called portion control or not being a fat gently caress hth

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
wont somebody please eat the recommended serving size with me

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Junk posted:

wont somebody please eat the recommended serving size with me

*scarfing down my recommended serving size and eying yours* Hey, you gonna finish that?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

op fat

and i love him

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

My Linux Rig posted:

It’s called portion control or not being a fat gently caress hth

What's the fun in that

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Eating is how I have fun :)

RossMan4Life
Dec 18, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Breakfast cereal it's especially guilty of this because it's pure sugar. Why yes, a half cup of this in a teaspoon of milk will make a good breakfast.

I guess that's why a complete breakfast has two beverages and 5 sides.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I’m a big boy with a big appetite.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
When blood happens something is wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fucOy0xjDxg

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

RossMan4Life posted:

Breakfast cereal it's especially guilty of this because it's pure sugar. Why yes, a half cup of this in a teaspoon of milk will make a good breakfast.

I guess that's why a complete breakfast has two beverages and 5 sides.
Cereal is going to be seen as the cigarettes of the obesity crisis. Cheap, accessible, unhealthy, and marketed to children as being good for them.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FactsAreUseless posted:

Cereal is going to be seen as the cigarettes of the obesity crisis. Cheap, accessible, unhealthy, and marketed to children as being good for them.

So what is the vaping of the obesity crisis

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

So what is the vaping of the obesity crisis
Soda?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Maruchan ramen noodles (the ones that come in individually packed bricks) contain two servings per brick, for some reason.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I ate like half a box of Wheat Thins today, lol.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I think the most widespread offender is the 20oz soda bottle. So many people think grabbing a 20oz Coke as having "a soda", when it's 2 and a half. I agree the labels should look like this.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I wish they would outlaw that kind of deceptive packaging. *giant banner* Only 150 calories! *microscopic letters* per serving

Just say what's in the package and let people decide their own drat serving. I'm not saying it's what's making everybody dangerously obese, you can probably blame that on taking solace in a chip bag and not looking at the label very closely in the first place, but it's definitely not helping.

That said I have been noticing some candy bars and cokes and things going a little better about that.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Tom Gorman posted:

A family size can of Chef Boyardee Beefaroni is actually 4.5 servings and not 1

Whatever, "science"

can we get secret forums poster and long-time anonymous commenter Glenn "Kane" Jacobs to weigh in on the correct portion size of Beefaroni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Af1zzhPuXo

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I was drinking a four loko and it said it had 4 and 3/4 servings per container

Yes, let me pour out precisely 5 ounces of this fine malted alcoholic beverage, carefully reseal it, and then put it back in the fridge for a later day

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ziv Zulander posted:

I was drinking a four loko and it said it had 4 and 3/4 servings per container

oh, so it's called four loko because you're meant to split one can between four people and, I don't know, a pony

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
A 500ml can of beer is 1.5 servings.

Also idk why they don't put nutritional information on alcohol. Well I kinda do but it's obviously motivated by sales.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Pastry of the Year posted:

oh, so it's called four loko because you're meant to split one can between four people and, I don't know, a pony

a loko pony

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

What about the cereal that's all fiber and no sugar?

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

The highlight of my day is when I get to eat my daily three and a half skittles. In a couple of months I shall ride my bicycle into town to purchase another bag. I consider new bag day to be quite the celebration.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Here is your egg, sir.
Thanks.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
has anyone tried that iced nonfat milk stuff that advertises you can eat the whole tub? is it good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
The recommended serving size is my whole rear end. Bon apetit! :wotwot: