Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_chasing

A large majority of chasers are male and white but a minority are female or of Asian or other descents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

yeah that's tr- oh, storm chasers

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
IIRC the :godwinning: had a minor :gizz: over the Sorbs, they thought their presence confirmed one of their arcane anthropological theories about the History of Germanic peoples or some damned thing (it didn’t, natch).

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

let’s show these fools how we do it over on this west sorb
cause you and I know it’s the best sorb

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Sandy Irons was banned by George Noory due to Irons simply calling in to bash fan theories surrounding Supreme Leader Snoke of the Star Wars franchise. Irons' final call in was on August 16, 2017 when he shouted over the phone, "Your Snoke theory sucks! All Snoke theories suck!" as soon as he got on the line. Noory simply asked Irons for his own Snoke theory and Irons began shouting again. Noory dumped him mid-shouting and Irons was banned from the program.[20]

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

aardvaard posted:

Sandy Irons was banned by George Noory due to Irons simply calling in to bash fan theories surrounding Supreme Leader Snoke of the Star Wars franchise. Irons' final call in was on August 16, 2017 when he shouted over the phone, "Your Snoke theory sucks! All Snoke theories suck!" as soon as he got on the line. Noory simply asked Irons for his own Snoke theory and Irons began shouting again. Noory dumped him mid-shouting and Irons was banned from the program.[20]

i don't know what the gently caress this is, but it makes my brain want to kill itself

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

goblin week posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_chasing

A large majority of chasers are male and white but a minority are female or of Asian or other descents.

lol nice

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

prefect posted:

i don't know what the gently caress this is, but it makes my brain want to kill itself

coast to coast am gets some bad calls

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
In the belief that the Luftwaffe would have very few men with circus experience, limited production of the Lagonda naval flamethrower began, with weapons being installed onto coasters working in and around the River Thames.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FMguru posted:

In the belief that the Luftwaffe would have very few men with circus experience, limited production of the Lagonda naval flamethrower began, with weapons being installed onto coasters working in and around the River Thames.

i would pay money to see a flamethrower rollercoaster in action :black101:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FMguru posted:

Actually anti-aircraft flamethrowers are extremely good & cool and (now more than ever) we need broad and comprehensive education on this important subject?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Host Jon Stewart described the book as “very funny” and said that the section on hobo names in particular was written with “a certain kind of genius.” Hodgman has returned to the Daily Show numerous times for "resident expert" interview segments,[11]

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
The film's failure did not affect the friendship between Beatty and Hoffman, who both liked the final cut of the film; Beatty later cast his co-star in his more successful Dick Tracy for Disney.

Beatty and May barely spoke for two years afterwards, and friends of hers say she remains bitter about the experience.[11] It was nine years before she took another screenwriting credit, for The Birdcage. She was nominated for an Academy Award for Primary Colors, but has not directed another film since Ishtar.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The circumstances of the storyline differ depending on which character the player selects. For instance in the film Frank D'Amico's men kidnap Kick-rear end and Big Daddy. In the game's storyline, this would not be possible if the player selects Big Daddy as his or her character, so in that event the game would instead have Hit Girl be kidnapped.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
Fart lighting, also known as pyroflatulence or flatus ignition, is the practice of igniting the gases produced by human flatulence, often producing a flame of a blue hue, hence the act being known colloquially as a "blue angel", "blue dart", or in Australia, a "blue flame". The fact that flatus is flammable, and the actual combustion of it through this practice, gives rise to much humorous derivation. Other colors of flame such as orange and yellow are possible with the color dependent on the mixture of gases formed in the colon. In order to "fire fart", one must have a fart prepared in the anal cavity, and a lighter at the ready. Then they fart onto the lighter.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Butteville Elementary School (K-8th) is just outside the City of Weed

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Devonaut posted:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

After the first BRT system opened in 1974, cities were slow to adopt BRT because they believed that the capacity of BRT was limited to about 12,000 passengers per hour traveling in a given direction during peak demand. While this is a capacity rarely needed in the US (12,000 is more typical as a total daily ridership),

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

*shaggar voice* not worthless

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Devonaut posted:

it's also near Mount Shasta

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Devonaut posted:

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it's also near Mount Shasta
freaking lomarf

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
This article is about the pejorative term. For the Hong Kong journalist, see Ching Cheong.
"Ching chong chang" redirects here. For the episode, see Orange Is the New Black (season 3).

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Notes
a. The Boston Globe cited an etymology blog Wordspy,[4] which cited a post to internet forum Something Awful.[11] This post was made in 2015, but the author of the post registered an account in 2004, which Wordspy misinterpreted to be the date of the post.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Soricidus posted:

Notes
a. The Boston Globe cited an etymology blog Wordspy,[4] which cited a post to internet forum Something Awful.[11] This post was made in 2015, but the author of the post registered an account in 2004, which Wordspy misinterpreted to be the date of the post.

:woop:

WE'RE RELEVANT AGAIN!

:toot:

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Hermann von Bönninghausen (24 July 1888 in Bocholt – 26 January 1919) was a German athlete who competed at the 1908 Summer Olympics and in the 1912 Summer Olympics. He died after World War I due to injury by being shot in the face.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
In Canada, the Weights and Measures Act (R.S. 1985), which has the laws in English and French printed side-by-side, defines a pint in English as 1/8 of a gallon, but defines a pinte in French as 1/4 of a gallon.[10] Thus, if you speak English and order "a pint of beer", servers are legally required to serve you 568 ml of beer,[11] but if you speak French and order "une pinte de bičre", they are legally required to serve an Imperial quart (une pinte), which is 1136 ml—twice as much.[12] To order an Imperial pint when speaking French in Canada, one must instead order une chopine de bičre[13].

:thunk:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DELETE CASCADE posted:

In Canada, the Weights and Measures Act (R.S. 1985), which has the laws in English and French printed side-by-side, defines a pint in English as 1/8 of a gallon, but defines a pinte in French as 1/4 of a gallon.[10] Thus, if you speak English and order "a pint of beer", servers are legally required to serve you 568 ml of beer,[11] but if you speak French and order "une pinte de bičre", they are legally required to serve an Imperial quart (une pinte), which is 1136 ml—twice as much.[12] To order an Imperial pint when speaking French in Canada, one must instead order une chopine de bičre[13].

:thunk:

that actually sounds useful

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

quote:

The spotted-necked otter is a relatively small species, with males measuring 71 to 76 cm (28 to 30 in) from nose to rump, and weighing 5.7 to 6.5 kg (13 to 14 lb), while females are 57 to 61 cm (22 to 24 in) and 3.0 to 4.7 kg (6.6 to 10.4 lb). The tail is long and muscular, measuring 39 to 44 cm (15 to 17 in) in both sexes.[3][4] Like many other otters, it is sleek and has webbed paws for swimming. Females have two pairs of teats, and while males have a large scrotum, the penis is hidden beneath the skin, to reduce drag while swimming.[5]

today i learned about the existence of an otter species where the males basically have truck nutz

my verdict: not worthless

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Andrew Bonar Law (16 September 1858 – 30 October 1923), commonly called Bonar Law (/ˈbɒnər ˈlɔː/),[1] was a British Conservative politician who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1922 to 1923.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

that new bonar law proposal has me all worked up, thats for sure

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

that new bonar law proposal has me all worked up, thats for sure

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonar_Law_Memorial_High_School

because high school students need to be reminded of bonar law

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Poynter reported that low morale and psychological problems plagued the two-year mission.[13] The eight crew members eventually split into two factions of four who hated each other.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
This article is about the fictional propulsion system. For the actual model of spacetime, see Alcubierre drive. For the street in Virginia, see Warp Drive.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pakled posted:

This article is about the fictional propulsion system. For the actual model of spacetime, see Alcubierre drive. For the street in Virginia, see Warp Drive.

i live near there. orbital was being cute when they built their campus. ironically the road is only a few hundred feet long and bisected by a traffic circle so you’re going pretty slow on it.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Pakled posted:

This article is about a role at a funeral. For the 1996 film, see The Pallbearer. For the wrestling manager, see Paul Bearer. For the band, see Pallbearer (band).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Last_topic_pool

This is a pool for guessing what the topic of the last article created on Wikipedia may be. Other topic pools exist for certain milestones (see one millionth and two-millionth topic pools and Wikipedia:500th language pool), but none are as important as the last topic created. You may be wondering why something might be the last article. Well,