Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Holy poo poo, I just watched the perfect LRM movie.

Eye of the Tiger from 1986

Gary Busey
Yaphet Kotto
Motorcycle gangs
Explosions
Gary Busey
The vague drug trade
Children in danger
a mortar launching truck
GARY BUSEY

Next year, I’m calling it in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The Buddy Brigade is not a bit, it's a documentary about my junior and senior years of high school :(

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Durandal1707 posted:

The Nexus episodes are easily among the best things the guys do, and as others have said, you don't really have to be much of a Trek fan to get into 'em.

If you want to teach robots how to poop, get into that tier now

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Looking up Tony kebbell was surprising. The guy who was really good opposite Paddy Considine in Dead Man's Shoes??
This is what happened to the guy? I loved Dead Man's Shoes and had literally no idea he was the Doom in F4 (and I saw that fuckin movie!!!)
Looking at his filmography it looks like hes had some solid roles at least.

They rolled their eyes and groaned at him in the Ben-Hur remake but he's the best part of that movie by a country mile.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Yeah I think he always gives a solid performance but is just in awful movies

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Anybody remember what episode it is where they do the bit about driving away from Eric while he’s talking?

Violator
May 15, 2003

Fart City posted:

Anybody remember what episode it is where they do the bit about driving away from Eric while he’s talking?

Maybe Star Wars? Like maybe he started explaining something nerdy and they drove away?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Was not expecting the weird racist overtones in Sebulba's life story

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Was not expecting the weird racist overtones

Prequels.txt

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Holy hell this new Gleep Glop discussion was fantastic.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Yeah, the GG has been a fantastic addition to the show. Every now and then I think of Cabin’s rundown of the cantina and laugh.

“Devil Pervert”

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Fart City posted:

Prequels.txt

I don't remember any of that in the actual movie in regards to Sebulba, it was all the weird lore that was racist.

I mean mind you, the dug lore was in keeping with a lot of weird racist stuff in Phantom Menace, the dug lore was just not IN Phantom Menace

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
https://twitter.com/PL_Boucher/status/1104439472572284929

Violator
May 15, 2003

Wow!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is that the most comfortable Steve has ever been in a room, even if he is drinking a glass of pee?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gyges posted:

Is that the most comfortable Steve has ever been in a room, even if he is drinking a glass of pee?

yea, that's why he's relaxed

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Gyges posted:

Granny's Peach Tea

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

That's such an awesome drawing. Love how into it Eric is.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

New episode has a surprise Nick Nolte fiesta, and I kind of love it.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

“They’re peckin’ my pecker” was the random one-off that sent me rolling this ep.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
According to Andrew's twitter, this is a busy week. Vibes today, On-Screen tomorrow, Lara Croft on Thursday or Friday for Patreon.

:getin:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Cyndi Lauper kind of looks like the Predator here

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Captain Hotbutt posted:

According to Andrew's twitter, this is a busy week. Vibes today, On-Screen tomorrow, Lara Croft on Thursday or Friday for Patreon.

:getin:

I'm guessing the On-Screen is for Captain Marvel?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

thrawn527 posted:

I'm guessing the On-Screen is for Captain Marvel?

Or Medea's Family Funeral.

But probably Capt. Marvel

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

General Dog posted:

What. The gently caress.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

General Dog posted:

The thumbnail makes her look like Barf from Spaceballs

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Does the gleep glossary say that Dugs have more fast twitch muscle fibers so that's why their natural podracers?

And they say shadows of the empire was better than the podracing game? What the gently caress.

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 15, 2019

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Yes, Shadows is a stone cold classic and I forgot that podracing game existed.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The only good part of Shadows was the Hoth level. :colbert:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

GrandpaPants posted:

The only good part of Shadows was the Hoth level. :colbert:

I like the IG-88 train level. And the best n64 Star Wars game is Rogue Squadron. All the 64 Star Wars games were pretty solid though.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
IF you're not subscribing to the patreon, you really should, Lara Croft Tomb Raider is a great ep.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Iron Crowned posted:

IF you're not subscribing to the patreon, you really should, Lara Croft Tomb Raider is a great ep.

I laughed out loud to myself while brushing my teeth. It's a good ep!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

jojoinnit posted:

Yes, Shadows is a stone cold classic and I forgot that podracing game existed.

That podracing game was the best, and I won't stand for people talking poo poo about it.

Shadows was fun, but had some real janky as hell control issues.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The only reason anyone played Shadows was because it was one of the earliest N64 games. It was a bad game :colbert:

Also, while re-listening to the Jurassic World episode, I lost it (again) at Szyszka expanding on his ideas for the Bend-overs (Ben'dovers?) and Sajdak ave out a feeble and terrified "Oh No!"

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The ending level of Shadows alone was enough for me to hate it forever. Also the Boba Fett (or IG-88, can't exactly remember now) was such bullshit. Lik three floors and loving impossible to aim with that camera.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

enigmahfc posted:

The only reason anyone played Shadows was because it was one of the earliest N64 games. It was a bad game :colbert:

Also, while re-listening to the Jurassic World episode, I lost it (again) at Szyszka expanding on his ideas for the Bend-overs (Ben'dovers?) and Sajdak ave out a feeble and terrified "Oh No!"

I didn't have an N64, so I never played Shadows, but I know I really wanted to. You have to remember that back then, Star Wars was having a bit of a resurgence, and I'm pretty sure Shadows was the first NEW Star Wars thing that wasn't a book.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Masters of Teras Kasi or GTFO

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

enigmahfc posted:

Masters of Teras Kasi or GTFO

I'll take the latter, thanks.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I played endless weekends of Teras Kasi with my brother and friends and that was a terrible loving game. Worse than the Episode 1 beat em up one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Iron Crowned posted:

I didn't have an N64, so I never played Shadows, but I know I really wanted to. You have to remember that back then, Star Wars was having a bit of a resurgence, and I'm pretty sure Shadows was the first NEW Star Wars thing that wasn't a book.

Speaking of, the book version of Shadows is hot garbage people have fond memories of because they haven't gone back and read it since they were teens.

Like 80% of it by volume is spent focusing on the bad guy(who is a date rapist lizard man) being smug about his brilliant plans and the remainder of it is a weird and misogynist portrayal of Princess Leia

People want to make date rapist lizard man canon again and it's like, dude, no, Thrawn being canon was semi-okay but this is a bridge too far