Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Murmur Twin posted:

I will take ownership of messing this up if Sniper flips town but I feel fairly confident I'm right and you're both here to vote.

Hmm, if this is wrong my eye is on you.

##vote sniper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Teland posted:

So now I'll look suspicious if I make the final call and it's wrong. Gah!

I do see more of merit for the sniper argument than cpig. But even so... my vote wouldn't be enough and it's down to the wire.

At this point with 3 minutes left I feel like you'll look far worse if we end up no-lynching :ohdearsass:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Murmur Twin posted:

I will take ownership of messing this up if Sniper flips town but I feel fairly confident I'm right and you're both here to vote.

Let this be your epitaph

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Teland posted:

##vote sniper

:redhammer:

sniper4625 posted:

Let this be your epitaph

holy gently caress you popping in here to say that made me legit :lol:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

sniper4625 (5): GeneX, CapitalistPig, GeneX, GeneX, Murmur Twin, Hal Incandenza, Teland
CapitalistPig (3): Asiina, sniper4625, Chic Trombone, sniper4625, Azurelana, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
Teland (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Hal Incandenza (0): GeneX, GeneX, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Chic Trombone (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Murmur Twin (0): GeneX, Hal Incandenza, GeneX, GeneX, GeneX, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (1): sniper4625

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 13th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]

Asiina and Azurelana have failed to meet the 10 vote threshold and are now on notice.

The night stretched out before them. The campers, at first skiddish, began pointing fingers at each other. No one ever wants to be the first out, after all.

In a moment of reflection, Sniper let out a thought.

"Have you all taken note of the lack of animals in these woods? I haven't heard anything for hours. Shouldn't there at least be bugs or something?"

A gentle knocking sound came from just outside the perimeter of trees surround the campfire. The sound grew. People realized what they heard was not gentle knocks. It was the sound of trees being felled by some rushing thing in the distance, making its way directly upon them.

From the darkness, a giant fist, as large as a person, enclosed around Sniper. He let out one stifled grunt, and was pulled back into the darkness. A yell came from the distance.

The sound of nightlife snapped on. The animals had returned.

The head councilor brushed something off her shirt.

"It seems Sniper, Keraf, Vanilla Town, Did Not Survive Day 1"

:siren: It is now Night 1. Please submit your Night actions in the next 24 hours. Failure to do so will result in submitting no action. :siren:

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]
Reminder: Azurelana and Asiina are currently on notice. If they do not make at least 10 game worthy posts today, they will become freely lunchable tomorrow.

"Everyone, close your eyes." The head councilor stood next to the wooden bench

You hear rustling. Arms moving next to you, and in front of you.

"Are you sure about that?" You hear the head councilor say.

Footsteps. Two circkets talk to each other in the night. The pop of the wooden logs pierce your conscious thought.

"Open your eyes."

You open them. GX, the talkative storyteller, is sitting on the wooden bench. Her eyes are covered with cloth, her mouth bound, her arms tied. She is breathing heavily.

"It seems GX, Emi, Town Doctor, did not survive Night 1

It is now Day 2. Deadline is Sunday, March 17, 10PM EST. Good luck.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (7): Asiina, Azurelana, CapitalistPig, Chic Trombone, Hal Incandenza, Murmur Twin, Teland

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 17th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 10 hours.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

so I gotta day sorry for missing deadline

I was at dnd and just.....forgot

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Well it looks like we're in game 3 and that means that scum know what game we're in for sure now.

Also one town player will also know.

I don't know if this means anything though.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
:ghost::ghost:

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Teland posted:

:rolleye:

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Although to be fair I am now suspicious of almost everyone.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Okay. GX died last night and they thought this:

GeneX posted:

Sniper also looks like he's scrambling to defend himself in at least 3 different ways (d1 makes no sense, no one did anything yet anyway, I was actually just doing it for info, etc) with minimal pressure on him so hmm.

very tentative, mostly useless list:

town:
me (lol)

town-ish:
asiina (good call out of cpig)
cpig (good call out of chic)

?????? (extreme tentative town-lean):
Teland (participated in jokephase)

?????? (extreme tenative scum-lean):
Azurelana (not posting)
MMT (not posting, meta~)

scum-ish:
Chic (questionable case, knew about its questionable aspects)
sniper (oversensitivity in general)
Hal (aggressively biting at critics of a jokevote and requests for more jokevotes)

I didn't agree with this list, but I think we should probably consider the scum picks here? Which would be MMT, Myself, Chic and Hal.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Azurelana posted:

Okay. GX died last night and they thought this:

I didn't agree with this list, but I think we should probably consider the scum picks here? Which would be MMT, Myself, Chic and Hal.

This is just wifom because scum could easily have killed GX just to cast suspicion on the scum there.

However, in this instance I was already suspicious of chic and hal anyway so as it stands I'd vote either of them.

Asiina is pinging my gut but that's all it is.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

CapitalistPig posted:

Asiina said she thought sniper was town. If she were scum wouldn't she be happy to just let us vote each other out without objection? I suppose maybe she preferred to have us vote for you instead of sniper for some reason (more threatening?), but with the vote being as close as it was I wouldn't think scum would want to compromise either vote if they want to see *someone* die.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Teland posted:

Asiina said she thought sniper was town. If she were scum wouldn't she be happy to just let us vote each other out without objection? I suppose maybe she preferred to have us vote for you instead of sniper for some reason (more threatening?), but with the vote being as close as it was I wouldn't think scum would want to compromise either vote if they want to see *someone* die.

not if she wanted to look good

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

CapitalistPig posted:

Fair point. It has the potential to discount pretty much any point in favor of anyone being town though - anything any of us says or does could be just to look good even if it's damaging to scum. So if we accept that everyone is motivated more by wanting to look good than wanting to advance their objective we pretty much have to stick only with direct evidence that someone *is* scum produced directly by that person (in case scum are trying to frame town like you mentioned in your previous post) and disregard everything else. Since no one is going to personally volunteer evidence against themselves, we're back to square one unless someone makes a big mistake.

I'm not saying it's wrong, just that it's really limiting. What do you think we should be basing our opinions off of?

(I'm genuinely asking - I realize that this entire post could come off as sarcastic or dismissive and I don't mean it that way. You make an important point, I just don't know how to apply it without giving up.)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Well poo poo :eng99: Apologies for barking up the wrong tree, ideally people will be more engaged with cases and stuff this game day?

I'm going to sleep after posting this but ideally everyone should have at least a case or two today.

Teland posted:

---

Fair point. It has the potential to discount pretty much any point in favor of anyone being town though - anything any of us says or does could be just to look good even if it's damaging to scum. So if we accept that everyone is motivated more by wanting to look good than wanting to advance their objective we pretty much have to stick only with direct evidence that someone *is* scum produced directly by that person (in case scum are trying to frame town like you mentioned in your previous post) and disregard everything else. Since no one is going to personally volunteer evidence against themselves, we're back to square one unless someone makes a big mistake.

I'm not saying it's wrong, just that it's really limiting. What do you think we should be basing our opinions off of?

(I'm genuinely asking - I realize that this entire post could come off as sarcastic or dismissive and I don't mean it that way. You make an important point, I just don't know how to apply it without giving up.)

This post is pinging me as scum trying to look engaged. It's a whole lot of words to not make any alignment reads other than dismissing a case on Asiina (who I'm also suspicious of, pending further content today).

Teland - who are you most suspicious of and why?

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Murmur Twin posted:

This post is pinging me as scum trying to look engaged. It's a whole lot of words to not make any alignment reads other than dismissing a case on Asiina (who I'm also suspicious of, pending further content today).
It was a lot of words. I didn't mean all that to be a commentary on Asiina though. Asiina didn't talk much yesterday so that comment on Sniper is all I've got. I meant it in response to those two comments in a row from Cpig which, taken together, looked to me like "don't bother looking at anything that happened, because it could all be fake." I still don't know what to make of that because it's true, but we have to start somewhere.

Murmur Twin posted:

Teland - who are you most suspicious of and why?
I'm most suspicious of Azurelana followed by Hal, mainly because they were both fairly aloof yesterday (Hal came in at the very end though) and neither did much to explain their choices, or their explanations didn't make sense to me (e.g. "I want to get her before she gets me"). It didn't look to me like there were trying to make a case for or against anyone, but were just slipping in with the crowd and going mostly unnoticed. Asiina was aloof too but I was giving her a little credit for the Sniper thing.

Behind them would be you, because you were absent all day yesterday and when you came in at the end you were more opinionated than the information we had warranted IMO. But I'm not totally objective on your case because I'm still upset that I listened to you.

Re Cpig: Asiina, Azurelana, Chic, and Hal were all willing to let Cpig die when the votes were on the brink. I don't think scum would want to kill each other off on the first day, so I figured if any of the four of them are scum, then Cpig must be town (and vice versa). I find it more plausible that Cpig is town than that the other four are all town, so I'm leaning town for cpig but that's just based on my suspicion of the others. It's tentative.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

Bitch, I always look good.

Also hi, I will post in this game today and no longer be distracted by many other things.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Reading over end of day and MMT's case, her certainty reads town to me. Town MMT tunnels hard on D1 cases, and so this feels like her town game, even though she was wrong about Sniper.

Teland posted:

Re Cpig: Asiina, Azurelana, Chic, and Hal were all willing to let Cpig die when the votes were on the brink. I don't think scum would want to kill each other off on the first day, so I figured if any of the four of them are scum, then Cpig must be town (and vice versa). I find it more plausible that Cpig is town than that the other four are all town, so I'm leaning town for cpig but that's just based on my suspicion of the others. It's tentative.

This is weird, because why isn't CPig scum in this?

Why couldn't CPig be scum and his scumbro MMT moved the vote off of him and onto Sniper, who was town? I can understand why you wouldn't entertain the possibility that you are scum, but why isn't that a scenario that you're entertaining?

This feels like it's possibly a way for you to clear your scumbro as town.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Asiina posted:

Why couldn't CPig be scum and his scumbro MMT moved the vote off of him and onto Sniper, who was town? I can understand why you wouldn't entertain the possibility that you are scum, but why isn't that a scenario that you're entertaining?
I am entertaining that scenario, which is why I brought up MMT coming in and pushing the vote so hard at the last minute. I just have to weigh that against my suspicions of the other four people, two of whom I've had a bad feeling about for a while. I could tell you everyone I'm suspicious of, but it wouldn't be a very useful list.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (7): Asiina, Azurelana, CapitalistPig, Chic Trombone, Hal Incandenza, Murmur Twin, Teland

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 17th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 6 hours.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am gonna read and will post thoughts when I have time. Possibly later tonight.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

Reading over end of day and MMT's case, her certainty reads town to me. Town MMT tunnels hard on D1 cases, and so this feels like her town game, even though she was wrong about Sniper.

I am town, so this is one of the reasons I strongly feel that MMT is town, because why would scum move the vote off of me and put it on another vt?

The cases were crap yesterday because no one talked on day 1 until I kickstarted this poo poo.

The sniper case was weak yesterday because every case was weak.

I feel like, after reading yesterday again and what people have posted today that I feel *bad feelings* about chic trombone, who posted probably more than I've seen her post in any other game I've been in with her and post aggressively which I have also never seen her do. So, would vote chic.

Hal, did not post well yesterday and everything felt weirdly scummy and unlike hal's normal posting. Also would vote.

I also don't feel great about azure though that is more tenuous and I'd like to see more posts from them.

The case asiina just posted was good and from a town perspective so I am cooling on that gut feeling.

Not quite ready to drop a vote yet though. I'd like to see everyone say something today.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I've been busy today oops and will try to post more tomorrow

Also re: me posting more I did this last game too tbh. After my long hiatus I decided gently caress posting anxiety actually so I've tried to be more assertive

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Oh deadline's Sunday apparently?? I'll still try to post more tomorrow but that's more time than I thought we'd have tbqh

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

CapitalistPig posted:

This is just wifom because scum could easily have killed GX just to cast suspicion on the scum there.

However, in this instance I was already suspicious of chic and hal anyway so as it stands I'd vote either of them.

Oh okay. I just thought it would be helpful to look at them since they died.

But I'm suspect of you for pushing sniper and then Chic was voting you but also kinda pushing onto sniper anyway as a backup.

It feels coordinated to me.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
I think I'm less suspicious of Teland and Hal because their votes on Sniper were motivated by a need for a flip at the end of day 1.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Azurelana posted:

But I'm suspect of you for pushing sniper and then Chic was voting you but also kinda pushing onto sniper anyway as a backup.

That’s a pretty fair read. I’m always vaguely suspicious of whoever survived at the deadline like this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Chic Trombone posted:

Oh deadline's Sunday apparently?? I'll still try to post more tomorrow but that's more time than I thought we'd have tbqh

Same, sorry this has been a busy few days... I feel like I probably still want to vote for cpig.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Hal Incandenza posted:

That’s a pretty fair read. I’m always vaguely suspicious of whoever survived at the deadline like this

I feel like it was a fairly clear survival? I don't really know since I was asleep for the actual hours, but it never seemed like Cpig was actualy going to be killed.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Azurelana posted:

I feel like it was a fairly clear survival? I don't really know since I was asleep for the actual hours, but it never seemed like Cpig was actualy going to be killed.

He was the only one -1 near deadline until I moved in the last few minutes to sniper so that they could be hammered instead

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm catching up on the game before bed. Right now I think my main suspect is Asiina.

Asiina posted:

I have awakened!

I too don't like the cpig joke, but more I don't like the immediate throwing shade on Chic for giving a real opinion while using the excuse that he's just trying to get conversation started too.

##vote cpig

---

Most people I have a pretty null read on other than CPig tbh. None of the other content feels particularly egregious atm.

This doesn't seem like the basis of a reason to think someone is scum. Literally all Cpig did was open the game with a case on Chic while openly saying "hey no one is casing anyone let's get this started". Like what's scummy about that?

Asiina posted:

The original thing Teland said was that if Pig is scum, then the people who were voting for Pig (Asiina, Azurelana, Chic, and Hal) are probably town, and vice versa. And that makes sense to me - Pig was at -1 all day and on the brink of getting hammered, if he's scum than probably none of his teammates were in on that vote.

The bolded sentence above is what makes me get into "I think this is a fake opinion" territory - I can't imagine reading Teland's post and thinking it's some sort of scum gambit to give town cred to Pig, to me it looks like Teland was just thinking out loud.

##vote Asiina

(going to bed but will post more tomorrow)

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Asiina (1): Murmur Twin

Not Voting (6): Asiina, Azurelana, CapitalistPig, Chic Trombone, Hal Incandenza, Teland

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 17th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 12 hours, 45 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello friends!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chic Trombone posted:

After my long hiatus I decided gently caress posting anxiety actually so I've tried to be more assertive

I can understand that. I didn't know you had been back before this game. I am trying to change the way I interact with mafia games myself so I get it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Azurelana posted:

Azurelana posted:

I think I'm less suspicious of Teland and Hal because their votes on Sniper were motivated by a need for a flip at the end of day 1.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Same, sorry this has been a busy few days... I feel like I probably still want to vote for cpig.

Azurelana posted:

Hal Incandenza posted:

He was the only one -1 near deadline until I moved in the last few minutes to sniper so that they could be hammered instead

I am not a fan of this exchange.

Are you saying it is scummy to try to case people who you think are scummy when you are at -1 ?

Does -1 magically mean you aren't allowed to continue to hunt for scum and try to get them lunched?

It's weird logic.

If you actually look at how day 1 went down I was only at -1 specifically because I did deliberately scummy things to try to get a stagnant game moving along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

I am not a fan of this exchange.

Are you saying it is scummy to try to case people who you think are scummy when you are at -1 ?

Does -1 magically mean you aren't allowed to continue to hunt for scum and try to get them lunched?

It's weird logic.

If you actually look at how day 1 went down I was only at -1 specifically because I did deliberately scummy things to try to get a stagnant game moving along.

Are you asking me this? I was saying usually when someone is very close to a lynch and it shifts to a town person at the end of the day I’m usually suspicious of the person it moved from.

It has nothing to do with you or how you cased people, of course I would expect you to try and case someone else regardless of your alignment