Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I recall BOTL talking about how he thinks Mysterious Mister Enter is great because he likes laughing at people with autism or whatever, and a lot of his insults were based in ablest language. Why I always hated the tools that defend him because BOTL is a really lovely person, but clearly that's just because he doesn't like Star Wars and "HAHA U MAD NERD?".

This forum has genuine problems with ableism that never seem to get brought up. I still see people here use autism as an insult or the r-word and it's so surreal to see that when I feel that other communities I'm in have basically eliminated them from our language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Leal posted:

Keep marvel and star wars chat, but let BOTL and Mr Bibs post in here again.

Ban Marvel and Star Wars chat unless it's HBG posting.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Roth posted:

This forum has genuine problems with ableism that never seem to get brought up. I still see people here use autism as an insult or the r-word and it's so surreal to see that when I feel that other communities I'm in have basically eliminated them from our language.

Most of the time when people break out the r-word I do see other posters get on their case for it, which is heartening, but that may just be the boards I spend time on. It does seem like ableism is one of the last bastions of poo poo that people seem to let go of.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Roth posted:

Can't wait to hear about how actually that was cool and good because he's just owning the Marvel fans or whatever

Which is weird because all you have to do is say that and you've already won the argument. Aside from Spider-Man or X-Men Marvel doesn't seem big on animation so I dunno where else to go to see Deadpool aside from the movies now.

The Bee posted:

I mean, that goes from being a poo poo SA poster to a poo poo person in general, so I think that's a fair line for breaking out the perma. But either way, glad to see the BotL slapfights can finally end.

Can't believe BoTL survived for longer than PCOS Bill though.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Wow this is like the time when people were shocked that LordKat was/is a piece of poo poo. Not a shock but still unpleasant to hear their actions harming people for so long.

What’s next is SuperMechaGodzilla gonna be revealed to have a basement full of baby corpses?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Annointed posted:

What’s next is SuperMechaGodzilla gonna be revealed to have a basement full of baby corpses?

I read this as “is SuperMechaGodzilla gonna be revealed to be a basement full of baby corpses?”, which seems as likely.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Roth posted:

Can't wait to hear about how actually that was cool and good because he's just owning the Marvel fans or whatever

people who care about marvel movies a lot either loving them or angrily talking about them deserve the utmost mockery but from what little ive seen that guy was a loving dumbass and im glad hes gone

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Puppy Time posted:

Ban Marvel and Star Wars chat unless it's HBG posting.

aids

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

There's nothing wrong with loving Marvel movies, people just love those big action popcorn flicks

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

DoubleCakes posted:

There's nothing wrong with loving Marvel movies, people just love those big action popcorn flicks

oh yeah i meant the ppl who spend 50 minutes in their essays about them. enjoying dumb action films for fun is aces

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Enjoying dumb action films is fine, I just wish people liked dumb action films that don't also look like wet newsprint

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I Before E posted:

Enjoying dumb action films is fine, I just wish people liked dumb action films that don't also look like wet newsprint

Well that'd require something other than Marvel movies to come out. Mad Max Fury Road was nearly four years ago and no one else has made anything else good since then.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

If Marvel would just get their colouring and lighting right then we wouldn't be having this conversation. They've been making these movies for years and they've never learned.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Waypoint are doing a series of podcasts on the BBC 90s version of Pride and Prejudice, and they made some jokes about making an AMV about it, and so inevitably:

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/1106378171774103552

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Comrade Fakename posted:

Waypoint are doing a series of podcasts on the BBC 90s version of Pride and Prejudice, and they made some jokes about making an AMV about it, and so inevitably:

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/1106378171774103552

:perfect:

Although my favourite thing to come out of Waypoint's community is Endless Lore Reasons

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

DoubleCakes posted:

:perfect:

Although my favourite thing to come out of Waypoint's community is Endless Lore Reasons

Yeah, I’m avoiding Lore Reasons because like the world’s biggest idiot I decided to actually play through all of Kingdom Hearts. I’m at Dream Drop Distance now but I still don’t know what Norting is.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

RareAcumen posted:

Mad Max Fury Road was nearly four years ago and no one else has made anything else good since then.

Keaneu Reeves, sitting in his home enjoying a bedtime mug of chamomile tea, sheds a single tear and doesn't know why.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

FoldableHuman posted:

Keaneu Reeves, sitting in his home enjoying a bedtime mug of chamomile tea, sheds a single tear and doesn't know why.

they said good, not perfect.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

FoldableHuman posted:

Parabellum isn't out yet, give it a few months.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

FoldableHuman posted:

It's okay, Keanu is still sitting on the knowledge that he directed Man of Tai Chi and that alone gives him strength.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FoldableHuman posted:

loving thank you.

John Wick 1 and 2 are just as good action movies as Mad Max, they just don't involve cars or the post apocalypse.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Well that'd require something other than Marvel movies to come out. Mad Max Fury Road was nearly four years ago and no one else has made anything else good since then.

If we're talking visuals then pretty much all the DCEU movies qualify, except for Justice league.

Yes, I am aware that people had other issues with some of those movies, hence the qualifier ,above :v:

McCloud fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Mar 15, 2019

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

RareAcumen posted:

Spider-Verse and Fury Road are two movies I don't actively think as being some of my favorite movies, but the slightest hint of them being mentioned is enough to set me off aboit how good they are.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Roth posted:

Spider-Verse and Fury Road are two movies I don't actively think as being some of my favorite movies, but the slightest hint of them being mentioned is enough to set me off aboit how good they are.

Spider-Verse is the best Spider-man movie and probably the best Marvel-based movie.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

WampaLord posted:

loving thank you.

John Wick 1 and 2 are just as good action movies as Mad Max, they just don't involve cars or the post apocalypse.

Roth posted:

Oh wow, now people are coming out of the woodwork to tentatively mention other good action movies. Now if only I could reliably make this happen every time a Marvel movie comes out and makes about half a billion dollars.

The point I'm getting at here is 'Hey. Recommend good poo poo'

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

RareAcumen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZInpREMzPOY

Also the Paddington films arguably might not be action films but they are fantastic films that have fantastic action scenes in them.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

FoldableHuman posted:

Knock Knock was bad. I’m not afraid to say it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Knock Knock was bad. I’m not afraid to say it.

amazing bravery to come out and say an Eli Roth movie was bad in 2019, the fuckin fortitude of this one

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I choose to believe that having Eli Roth direct the violent schlock that only Nazis could love film-within-a-film in Inglourious Basterds was a fantastic joke by Tarantino.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

RareAcumen posted:

Oh wow, now people are coming out of the woodwork to tentatively mention other good action movies. Now if only I could reliably make this happen every time a Marvel movie comes out and makes about half a billion dollars.

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again was fun, although not as good as the original, or so my Mom says. I haven't seen the original one, but I saw the musical with her and liked it. That's it, that's the only movie I watched that came out in 2018.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Reposting this today because of New Zealand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUbxVfSqtt8

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I was happy to see that Shauns video is the #1 search result for "great replacement" on YouTube now.

But it's immediately followed by 8 videos in a row saying the great replacement IS real.

youtube was a mistake

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/shaun_jen/status/1106515317063331840

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Yeah Shaun!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
shaun ftw

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

https://twitter.com/shaun_jen/status/1106517297122983937

People always saying liberals and leftists need to reach across the aisle but here's Shaun very concerned for Lauren Southern's missing video and offering a backup in case she needs it (and you know that baby is 1080p!)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I know a lot of people like Lindsay Ellis were very outspoken about their desire to see him return, so I thought I might mention that it looks like James Gunn is actually being rehired for Guardians 3 after all:

https://deadline.com/2019/03/james-...ges-1202576444/

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Arist posted:

I know a lot of people like Lindsay Ellis were very outspoken about their desire to see him return, so I thought I might mention that it looks like James Gunn is actually being rehired for Guardians 3 after all:

this has truly been an awful week for BotL

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Arist posted:

nice. I kinda assumed after the massive blow back over his firing that they would reinstate him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Arist posted:

So technically Mike Cernovich basically just got James Gunn a second gig, is what happened here.