Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
The sad thing is the Hard Rock is a Michelin star restaurant next to Planet Hollywood.

Sunswipe posted:

Isn't it also the chain where everyone gets the shits when they eat there?

Ironically I think that's because they're trying to be all natural. Which is great if you're a small chain, but doesn't scale well nationwide with thousands of locations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Krispy Wafer posted:

The sad thing is the Hard Rock is a Michelin star restaurant next to Planet Hollywood.
Oh, Auckland had one of those! Had. You know it's not as good as Hard Rock since no one's making a big deal out of there ever having been a Planet Hollywood in the country.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Sunswipe posted:

Can confirm.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sunswipe posted:

Only if you eat the lettuce.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

what's wrong with your bodies

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

snoo posted:

everything

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

snoo posted:

They found e coli in a bunch of their vegetables. That's what made people sick.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

https://twitter.com/DxGGEAUX/status/1106298628061036544

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

The only time I was ever in a Hard Rock Cafe was when I was on a band trip when I was fifteen, 1999, and I walked in and bought a T shirt and then left because Hard Rock Cafe shirts were so trendy in the 90s and that Hard Rock Cafe Niagara Falls shirt was the coolest piece of clothing I owned.

I don't think I know a single other thing about the Hard Rock Cafe other than their shirt merchandise. Was the food good?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

You're obviously not from SoCal. A hospital in Orange County went bankrupt after a toddler squirmed her way into the CFO spot. She didn't know you had to pay the electric bill and they had a blackout. A lot of people died. A co-worker who stayed there had a PTSD episode when Boss Baby came out. I'm not defending attacking a child but for the market its very effective.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

You're obviously not from SoCal. A hospital in Orange County went bankrupt after a toddler squirmed her way into the CFO spot. She didn't know you had to pay the electric bill and they had a blackout. A lot of people died. A co-worker who stayed there had a PTSD episode when Boss Baby came out. I'm not defending attacking a child but for the market its very effective.

I support child labour if it brings down the for profit medical industry.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

My parents made a point to visit Hard Rock Cafe whenever we are on vacation. While I was watching Star Wars at Dubai they were at a Hard Rock buying t-shirts. When we were on a road trip across Europe, it was among our destinations.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I like to try the Local Legendary burger if it's any good. :shrug:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

snoo posted:

It's just classic goon one-up-manship. Like that goon who recorded himself retching while eating a Whopper because it had an extra patty on it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Decrepus posted:

It's just classic goon one-up-manship. Like that goon who recorded himself retching while eating a Whopper because it had an extra patty on it.

If you're talking about the Noah's Ark burger you're underselling what actually happened.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I love to drink refreshing Trist bottled water

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The single most tiresome and embarrassing goon trope is the claim that a single glance at any perfectly normal food item from a fast food or fast casual chain restaurant will cause them to immediately poo poo their pants, vomit, black out, have a heart attack, and go into a coma.

We get it, you don't even own a TV, you vape, and you only eat cage free artisanal activated Soylent. Shut the gently caress up.

Nice meltdown. This is a Wendy's drivethrghghryhghtghvhb

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
My personal recommendation is the "son of baconator" and a dr. pepper.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Decrepus posted:

Chipotle made people sick. It made national news several times.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Like I agree that people throwing up at fast food is dumb and performative but Chipotle literally had e coli in its food that made people sick

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Volcott posted:

My personal recommendation is the "son of baconator" and a dr. pepper.

This, and a spicy chicken wrap.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
One weird trick to turn a hard supply chain problem into a smart marketing move. Our cilantro is pants shittingly good!

I'd have voted with with Chipotle kids when faced with Chipotle vs Hard Rock.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

I also see the protestations as a bit overplayed, though if I ate garbage junk food every day I'd probably have to take a poo break immediately after my morning coffee, too, as I've heard people say.

Counterpoint to the goon pants assplosion talk (not about me, I just love this line.):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RblbZQth0KE

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Picnic Princess posted:

If you're talking about the Noah's Ark burger you're underselling what actually happened.

:barf: Jesus Christ I'd forgotten about that, thanks

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47566898

quote:

The chief executive of Volkswagen has apologised for evoking a Nazi slogan to describe the importance of boosting the group's profits.

Herbert Diess used the line "Ebit macht frei" at a company event on Tuesday.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jesus Christmas

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

The Bloop posted:

The single most tiresome and embarrassing goon trope is the claim that a single glance at any perfectly normal food item from a fast food or fast casual chain restaurant will cause them to immediately poo poo their pants, vomit, black out, have a heart attack, and go into a coma.

We get it, you don't even own a TV, you vape, and you only eat cage free artisanal activated Soylent. Shut the gently caress up.

Meat, vegetables, cheese, bread -> Look at this balanced meal!

The above, assembled into a sandwich -> HEART ATTACK ON A PLATE

Like, it's not the most amazing thing for you ever, but the performative disgust at fast food is annoying. I calorie count, and if you drop the mayo and cheese a lot of fast food sandwiches are perfectly reasonable meals. Don't get the fries and especially don't get the soda and you're good to go.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
you guys are all overthinking it.

a decade or so ago (white) American food knowledge, tastes, and GI tracts were very very bland and things that werent (table)salt or black pepper were thought to be weird and exotic(Emeril's bam thing with cayenne pepper comes to mind) so eating something with actual spices and seasoning did a number on white people for a few years.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

It is nothing like "american food is bland" or "all fast food is gross" it is that Chipotle has literally had multiple separate occasions where they have closed hundreds of stores nationwide because they were infecting people with e. coli.

The Bloop posted:

you are dreadfully uninformed and this post makes you seem like a total weenie

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Chipotle had a few dozen people get sick out of millions of served meals. It's funny, but it's not a crisis, nor the norm.

I've never even been to a Chipotle but I am aware of the existence of facts and statistics

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The Bloop posted:

are you posting this in earnest? it's really fuckin dumb lol

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

The Bloop posted:

More like oldtasteless

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The Hard Rock Cafe is for boomer tourists.

That said I went to the one in Orlando when my parents took us to Disney World in the 90's, and I was at the one in Seattle in 2010 when visiting friends because it was the only place that had the requisite amount of seating available in the area.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

food court bailiff posted:

It is nothing like "american food is bland" or "all fast food is gross" it is that Chipotle has literally had multiple separate occasions where they have closed hundreds of stores nationwide because they were infecting people with e. coli.

It's both though. People have been saying that stuff about Mexican food for years. They're not talking about literal food poisoning. But it just so happens that Chipotle also decided to add some literal poison on the side.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

The Bloop posted:

This reminds me of this annoying goon phenomenon where they go relentlessly mock people that are picky eaters yet put on this performance act over eating some bland thing a picky person likes.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If you think I'm joking or overreacting you must not read a lot of threads in PYF

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Sir Lemming posted:

It's both though. People have been saying that stuff about Mexican food for years. They're not talking about literal food poisoning. But it just so happens that Chipotle also decided to add some literal poison on the side.

yes, but the context here, the post that bloop was blooping the gently caress out over, was specifically about chipotle and pretty obviously referring to this nationwide thing

The Bloop posted:

Chipotle had a few dozen people get sick out of millions of served meals. It's funny, but it's not a crisis, nor the norm.

I've never even been to a Chipotle but I am aware of the existence of facts and statistics

it was hundreds of people at several different stores in multiple instances, you are just one stupid motherfucker

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

even irl I have people tell me '[fast food place] makes me poo poo/ill every time'

like sure my rear end hurts after eating spicy food or whatever but I'm not making GBS threads my brains out after eating fried chicken/burgers/fries/tacos/etc.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, but Pizza Hut will legit clean you out every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

PhazonLink posted:

you guys are all overthinking it.

a decade or so ago (white) American food knowledge, tastes, and GI tracts were very very bland and things that werent (table)salt or black pepper were thought to be weird and exotic(Emeril's bam thing with cayenne pepper comes to mind) so eating something with actual spices and seasoning did a number on white people for a few years.

There's a video of former UFC fighter Sage Northcutt (the literal whitest person on the planet) preparing dinner with Tyron Woodley (African American former UFC champion) and Sage is dumbfounded when Tyron puts spices on chicken fillets before cooking them.

A direct quote: "you're going to put it on both sides?!?"

Edit:

https://twitter.com/bearsaremean/status/836351832473546753

Memento has a new favorite as of 00:03 on Mar 16, 2019