Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Teenage Fansub posted:

---

And a collection of Steve Ditko Question and Blue Beetle comics, but check out the branding.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03/09/road-to-watchmen-rorschach-nite-owl-question-blue-beetle/
:/

loving :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Teenage Fansub posted:

And a collection of Steve Ditko Question and Blue Beetle comics, but check out the branding.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03/09/road-to-watchmen-rorschach-nite-owl-question-blue-beetle/

:barf:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Teenage Fansub posted:

Why is he farting over The Question like that?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

New DC Zoom (kids OGN line)

quote:

The Secret Spiral of Swamp Kid
By Kirk Scroggs

Paperback $9.99 US DC Comics | DC Zoom 13 oz | 24 per carton
On sale Oct 01, 2019 | 152 Pages | 978-1-4012-9068-9
Age 8-12 years | Grades 3-7

Warning! Unless you have express permission from young Russell Weinwright to access his personal journal, do not read any further. This blurb is strictly off-limits! Seriously, we mean it.

Okay, if you are still with us, here is what we can share: Russell is a middle schooler; he excessively doodles in his spiral notebook; he has two best friends, Charlotte and Preston; he is not-so-great at sports; and he is pond scum. Nicknamed “Swamp Kid” by his classmates, Russell has algae for hair, a tree trunk of a right arm, webbed toes, and a parsnip for a thumb. Also, Russell’s favorite meal is sunlight. Also, a frog lives in his arm.

In this notebook, Russell details, in both hilarious text and green-tinted illustrations (complete with ketchup stains!), what it’s like to be different, to be comfortable in his own skin (no matter how slimy), to discover his true talents, to avoid the intense stare of Mr. Finneca (his suspicious science teacher), and to find humor in the everyday weird.

This is The Secret Spiral of Swamp Kid by writer and illustrator Kirk Scroggs, and you’ll never look at the bayou the same way again.

There's also gonna be a second Super Sons one.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Mar 10, 2019

radlum
May 13, 2013

catlord posted:

That's something I would actually be interested in, but not with that. With any luck they'll have a reprint without it.

Yeah; the collections sounds pretty good, but that branding is awful. I hope it gets rereleased without it at some point

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Saw in the indie thread:
:siren:
https://twitter.com/JeffLemire/status/1105857327561728000/photo/1

edit: covers.
https://twitter.com/JeffLemire/status/1105849311735111680

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 13, 2019

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Firstly I don't think Lemire can only work on 1 book at a time, or 3, or 4.
Secondly Black Hammer is awesome and I am curious how it will work with the the book basically being a homage to the Justice League meeting the actual Justice League.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's weird how much worse Bendis' Superman is than Action Comics.
His Ultraman dialogue in today's issue is a new level of crud.

e: Interviews and art for a couple Ink and Zoom books. I'm deffo getting the GL one, but Pughs' art on Harley's looks great.
https://twitter.com/DCComicsKids/status/1105835477230370818/photo/1
https://twitter.com/quillandquire/status/1105880479889281024

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 14, 2019

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So Wonder Twins is taking on the US penal system. That's new.

That the private prison they showed off had a rehabilitation program that was basically working a call center would be more funny if it wasn't horribly true.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

The grim knights origin story was really fun, and Jim really came off as a badass in it. Probably my favorite evil batman origin story

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1106616051578470400

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Is Lana Lang going to be a stripper or is Lois Lane going to go under cover as a hooker?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I look forward to the realistic depiction of Smallville having a crippling meth problem, and Pa Kent being a disturbed abusive Vietnam vet.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
What the hell is going on with that left leg/knee?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Skwirl posted:

Is Lana Lang going to be a stripper or is Lois Lane going to go under cover as a hooker?

Neither. Martha.

(Or all three.)

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

enigmahfc posted:

What the hell is going on with that left leg/knee?

Superman's been skipping leg day, it seems.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/1106662582717501446

Intrigued by RH solicit

quote:

RED HOOD: OUTLAW #35
written by SCOTT LOBDELL
art by PETE WOODS
cover by CULLY HAMNER
variant cover by YASMINE PUTRI
Last time he was in Gotham City, Jason Todd pretended to be a master criminal in the underworld. This time it’s for real! With Suzie Su scared of what her new boss at the Iceberg Lounge might be capable of and Bunker questioning his own loyalty to Jason, the Red Hood’s house of cards could be headed for a collapse. And if that isn’t bad enough, Jason comes face to face with the teacher who taught him everything he knows about death and life, and Ducra isn’t at all happy about this latest twist in Jason’s story…
ON SALE 06.12.19
$3.99 US | 32 PAGES
FC | RATED T+
This issue will ship with two covers.
Please see the order form for details.

Leviathan's event is finally starting

quote:

EVENT LEVIATHAN #1
written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
art and cover by ALEX MALEEV
variant cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
The groundbreaking and always-inventive team of writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Alex Maleev (Jinxworld’s SCARLET, Marvel’s Daredevil) reunite on a mystery thriller that stretches across the DC Universe and touches every character from Batman to Superman to the Question to Talia al Ghul. With startling ease, a newly dangerous and aggressive Leviathan wipes out all its competition and now turns its sights to molding the world into its vision of order. Can the new threat’s growth be stopped...and who’s guiding its new agents of chaos?
ON SALE 06.12.19
$3.99 US | 1 of 6 | 32 PAGES
FC | RATED T+
This issue will ship with two covers.
Please see the order form for details.
Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lol at Morrison's Green Lantern doing a tribute issue to the 70's GL/GA

edit: Wild Storm, Silencer and Naomi end.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 15, 2019

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I was set to correct you because I had already seen misleading headlines across the net (it looks like Bleeding Cool pulled their "Wild Storm Canceled By DC Comics" article already) but yeah, all three of those series are ending.

The Wild Storm has had a counter moving towards '24' since the first issue, Naomi is being billed as wrapping its 'first season', and Silencer is probably actually canceled, leaving only The Terrifics remaining from DC's NEW AGE OF HEROES.

I do wonder if Ellis (or DC) have any plans for a second phase of Wildstorm reboot stuff. Will Gen 13 get their own cyberpunk 'realistic' series?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm just impressed Wild Storm didn't have any big delays.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Naomi was only a mini huh bummer

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
That's a nice crisis on infinite Earths box, wonder if the new individual books will be available. Or make it to hoopla.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Roth posted:

I'm just impressed Wild Storm didn't have any big delays.
It didn't have any Ellisian delays (and benefits from coming out simultaneously to Doomsday Clock) but assuming issue 24 hits on time it will still have taken 30 months for 24 issues.

site posted:

Naomi was only a mini huh bummer
The way Bendis has talked about the series, my assumption is that issue 6 ends the arc where we find out what Naomi's deal is, and then when she discovers her birth parents and (Bendis's words) "her real last name" I'm guessing they'll relaunch the series with her codename/something to reflect whatever her deal is.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Edge & Christian posted:

I do wonder if Ellis (or DC) have any plans for a second phase of Wildstorm reboot stuff. Will Gen 13 get their own cyberpunk 'realistic' series?

They teased it pretty directly, but I honestly just want a guy named Grunge in 2019 for its own sake.

It'd also be like the 3rd time they've rebooted Fairchild since New 52, which is impressive in its own right.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Abroham Lincoln posted:

It'd also be like the 3rd time they've rebooted Fairchild since New 52, which is impressive in its own right.

They sure do keep trying with her.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Finish All Star Batman and Robin you COWARDS.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Does the DC app thing still have a garbage collection of books? I have a friend who's asking but I just wanna make sure before I tell her don't bother

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

I am liking this young, lanky Superman and that logo treatment.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

site posted:

Does the DC app thing still have a garbage collection of books? I have a friend who's asking but I just wanna make sure before I tell her don't bother

It has been much better, but you also have to want to just read any comic. If they want something specific good chance it isn't up.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Teenage Fansub posted:

Lol at Morrison's Green Lantern doing a tribute issue to the 70's GL/GA

edit: Wild Storm, Silencer and Naomi end.

Is this Starro tied off reading to shoot some h?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Some other space junkie. Some high as gently caress Starro infecting people would be wild though.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm reading through the Elseworld collections. So many of these stories are bad. Some are cool setting and takes on characters, but the execution is awful.

Justic Riders is really interesting and a good read.

Elseworld's Finest is a fun reimagining of character's as 1920's pup heroes.

League of Justice has an interesting fairy tale setting, character takes, and character designs. The story is garbage.

Wonder Woman: Amazonia and Titans: Scissors, Paper, Stone both have awful art and gar age stories. The Titans story also has the distinction of having dialogue that is pain to read.

Elseworld's Finest: Supergirl & Batgirl is an interesting story, setting, and character takes, but something feels missing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I recall Thrillkiller being fun, although that may just be Dan Brereton art being pretty.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

I recall Thrillkiller being fun, although that may just be Dan Brereton art being pretty.

Both The Nail and Another Nail have ups and downs, but overall are enjoyable "do whatever" stories.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

Both The Nail and Another Nail have ups and downs, but overall are enjoyable "do whatever" stories.

Plus Alan Davis also makes it really pretty.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

Mr Hootington posted:

Titans: Scissors, Paper, Stone

I remember kind of liking this a million years ago, but it might have just been for that one plot point where to complete the roster of iconic New Teen Titans archetypes, the Raven stand-in downloads a copy of Batman's personality into her boyfriend's brain. So you basically have super grumpy Batman running around with a bunch of bizarre teenage heroes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Darth Nat posted:

I remember kind of liking this a million years ago, but it might have just been for that one plot point where to complete the roster of iconic New Teen Titans archetypes, the Raven stand-in downloads a copy of Batman's personality into her boyfriend's brain. So you basically have super grumpy Batman running around with a bunch of bizarre teenage heroes.

Traditional supers are not Adam Warren's thing by any stretch, but it was kind of shocking how good he was at writing Batman (by proxy).

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
The newest issue of Batman is loving hilarious.
BEEPBEEP

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Nevvy Z posted:

The newest issue of Batman is loving hilarious.
BEEPBEEP

Justice League is better, if only because of Starrobin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Oracle posted:

Justice League is better, if only because of Starrobin

Jarrobin FTFY