Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I've locked down the draft league ahead of the draft, which starts 1pm Saturday afternoon and goes until we're done.

If anyone still wants in, I think you have maybe 12 hours to let me know so I can unlock and relock, because if the league isn't locked by the scheduled draft time it gets auto kicked back 24 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

If Carlton get flogged really badly, they could get knocked out of the finals.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
If Melbourne win tomorrow we will have missed out on finals by % 3 seasons in a row

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Chairchucker posted:

If Carlton get flogged really badly, they could get knocked out of the finals.

I guess so, yeah. It would require losing by more than 100 points though, haha.

Have to admit, I want to see it.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
In other news apparently Rhys Palmer is going to be banned for life from racetracks because he threw a shoe onto the track during a race.

Because of course he did.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Don't give him the boot.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

40 mins to UF draft you speds.

(No offense Spedman)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

9 minutes!

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
I don't see the Dees beating the Crows today.

Prove me wrong girls, prove me wrong!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

At least we aren’t missing by percentage!

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

The curse is broken!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Cramey with GOTY

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I don't know whether the constant audio problems with the mics is a blessing or a curse

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I think the Dees got Simon Goodwin to come in as a pre game pep talk and he gave the same one he gave the boys before the prelim

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

snaeksikn posted:

Look at it the positives, after both co-captains requested a trade away from the club in the same year, surely you guys can't get any worse!

Well Izak Rankine has already done a hamstring, a great injury for a young speedster to pickup early in their career. Just need Lukosius to do a shoulder or something similar now.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Solemn Sloth posted:

oof

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
God drat I knew the draft was today but I don’t know why I had it in my head it at 6:30pm :(

Looks like I’m going with an auto-picked team this year....to be fair at least from the look of it, it’s better than the last time this happened and I ended up with a Dad’s Army auto picked team.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Really lovely way to end a third year with a win-loss record in the positive

At least I didn’t end up actually going this week I guess.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

thepokey posted:

God drat I knew the draft was today but I don’t know why I had it in my head it at 6:30pm :(

Looks like I’m going with an auto-picked team this year....to be fair at least from the look of it, it’s better than the last time this happened and I ended up with a Dad’s Army auto picked team.

Sorry, I made it afternoon this year

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Tassie Roos what are you doing?

Freo to win by 30-40 points

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

NTRabbit posted:

Sorry, I made it afternoon this year

No no, all good, there was plenty of warning, I just mixed times up.

I’m sure something can be salvaged!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

This is weird because at the start of the season I thought everyone was playing for 2nd place behind the Roos.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
They were the powerhouse on paper to beat. They had a few injuries and played poorly the last two weeks. Crows are good, they've won a GF already and due to draft zones don't get weaker like other clubs losing players.

If the season was longer it would even out as each club played eachother club, alas... four new teams next season!

So the finals will be, baring an 80-nil win for the Lions over Collingwood tomorrow and Carlton held to one or two goals against the Dogs:

Crows v Lions @ Adelaide Oval evening of Sat March 23 (doubleheader after the mens game)
Carlton v Freo @ Princes Park March 23

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Kangaroos really Richmonded that one up

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

snaeksikn posted:

Kangaroos really Richmonded that one up

This is 100% gils fault

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

drunkill posted:

So the finals will be, baring an 80-nil win for the Lions over Collingwood tomorrow and Carlton held to one or two goals against the Dogs:

Crows v Lions @ Adelaide Oval evening of Sat March 23 (doubleheader after the mens game)
Carlton v Freo @ Princes Park March 23

Brisbane still have to win tomorrow first. Of course, they're playing the winless Collingwood so you'd think they would be in the box seat.

It looked like Melbourne tried to go ultra attacking the first quarter and the Crows just played a simple zone and picked them off. The game was over by half time.

Not sure how to feel about our form at the moment. Even when we won the premiership in 2017, you could reasonably argue that we were the third best team of the season behind Brisbane and Melbourne, and just managed to be good enough on the day of the GF. This year we seem so far ahead of the rest of the comp that it almost feels like the wheels have to fall off eventually. In the last five weeks we've won every match by 5+ goals, you just can't keep doing that indefinitely.

Pretty incredible that North aren't playing finals, given how dominant they were in the early part of the season.

If Brisbane win tomorrow, the AFL will get two prelim matchups that we haven't actually seen yet this season. Crows haven't played Brisbane yet, and Fremantle hasn't played Carlton yet.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Go Freo, go Crows. Mostly go Crows, but given the trash fire conference B has been, I'd rather they not make the grand final at all.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
In positive football news, the kid who egged Fraser "Hitler" Anning in the back of the head is an under 19 at my footclub.

Post congratulatory messages to pass on at next training session here >

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I am guessing he won't be paying for his own beer for the rest of the season.

EDIT: also I hope he presses charges for assault

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Offer him the thanks of a grateful dead gay forum nation

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Adelaide and Port finally succeeded in smacking some sense into the smarmy shithead rural member the SA Liberals inexplicably made the transport minister, and had the free* public transport for matchday ticket holders reinstated after it was canceled in a bizarre budget cut.

* Season tickets all have an additional $30 included in the annual price to subsidise it

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Diet Crack posted:

40 mins to UF draft you speds.

(No offense Spedman)

:argh:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Nutsngum posted:

In positive football news, the kid who egged Fraser "Hitler" Anning in the back of the head is an under 19 at my footclub.

The guy is a loving champ, egg fascists all day long.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Nutsngum posted:

A shame it was only an egg and not a brick

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nutsngum posted:

“Here comes the bacon for the egg” is beautiful :discourse:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Chairchucker posted:

I am guessing he won't be paying for his own beer for the rest of the season.

EDIT: also I hope he presses charges for assault
He's not even 18 yet.

Still a good job; I would not have been game to go to a meeting full of nazi goons let alone go ahead and do that.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Eggboy has apparently just been granted lifetime free access to Hilltop Hoods shows.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Eggboy should replace Gil

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Chairchucker posted:

Eggboy has apparently just been granted lifetime free access to Hilltop Hoods shows.

Tropical gently caress Storm too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Collingwood are on track to beat Brisbane. The lions are making GBS threads the bed and will miss out on finals because of this.

Also, snek
https://twitter.com/Kelly06928395/status/1106765608765386752