Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
https://mobile.twitter.com/APompliano/status/1106650411228979202
https://mobile.twitter.com/APompliano/status/1106560685448851456

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
bitcoin is an amazing orgy of death and destruction that would make a hit tv show! well tv directors im waiting, contact me: random twitter bitcoin man #1094360 and i will gladly do something about a thing i am tangentially connected to that will make you pay me money i guess

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

diydude2 • [score hidden] • submitted 3 hours ago

If you're rich and don't have any Bitcoin, you won't be rich for long. Watching these shorts lose billions is where my dopamine is coming from these days. It's just going to get better too.

diydude2 • [score hidden] • submitted 3 hours ago

Yeah, within two years you'll see a lot of "No credit cards. Cash and crypto only" signs. Retailers aren't going to keep dealing with that poo poo forever when there's a better alternative.

diydude2 • 1 point • submitted 9 hours ago

It sounds like you understand money and finance, but have you considered the bigger picture? What does it say about the financial system writ large when even solvent, prosperous people have to have debt for "accounting purposes?" Does this conduce to freedom? Is it sustainable?

The whole thing is a house of (credit) cards. For your sake, I hope you have at least a little BTC as a hedge. I'm guessing you do.

diydude2 • 3 points • submitted 21 hours ago

Fraud happens with fiat too and on a much larger scale. Wells Fargo ring a bell?

Please cite some examples (like I just did) if you're going to make claims like that. Bitcoin actually makes fraud a hell of a lot harder to pull off, but I don't think you understand the technology well enough to see that. I also think you have an agenda, and I know that you will be quite regretful of your unwise decision to not invest now while prices are low. In three years, you'll be scrambling after Bitcoin like everyone else, and the dollar will not be worth much.

diydude2 • 3 points • submitted 1 day ago

Yes. What is money if not proof of work? When you buy a loaf of bread, you're paying the baker for her work and the farmer for his work and the truckers and shopkeepers for their work.

Anything but proof of work is bullshit. Bitcoin. Litecoin. Dash. Dogecoin (because such moon!) are the only ones I would trust.

As for energy -- scarcity of energy is a MASSIVE LIE. The universe is full of it. The sun provides 100x as much energy as will be burned in the entire history of all fossil fuels combined every single day.

Many of your base assumptions are 180 degrees from the truth. You are not evil and in need of salvation by the sacrificial blood of little baby Jayzus. There is no scarcity. Money is bullshit. Etc.

Once you desensitize yourself to cognitive dissonance, you may ascend. Not before.

diydude2 • 4 points • submitted 1 day ago

2017 will be seen as having been a great time to buy, even December 2017. I guess people don't understand the exponential function. Sucks to be them.

diydude2 • 3 points • submitted 2 days ago

All those people who made fun of us five years ago are still poor. The ones who didn't learn their lesson will still be poor five years from now. Funny and sad at the same time...

diydude2 • 2 points • submitted 3 days ago

Have you ever wired a substantial sum of money internationally? It will cost you $50K to send a million. With Bitcoin, it costs like $1, $2 if you want to be sure to get in the next block.

Bitcoin is MUCH better than the banking system for this use case.

diydude2 • 1 point • submitted 4 days ago

No doubt. "Better" job = more stress, more taxes.

The only reason to get a better job is to buy more Bitcoin.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

silly coin valley

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

no big bank theory

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

uncoiney valley? :v:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Franηais.
My favorite stage to play Super Smash Bros competitively on is mushcoiny kingdom

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

...! posted:

diydude2

holy poo poo this guy's gimmick/personality/existence is exhausting

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

...! posted:

diydude2 • 1 point • submitted 9 hours ago

It sounds like you understand money and finance, but have you considered the bigger picture? What does it say about the financial system writ large when even solvent, prosperous people have to have debt for "accounting purposes?" Does this conduce to freedom? Is it sustainable?

The whole thing is a house of (credit) cards. For your sake, I hope you have at least a little BTC as a hedge. I'm guessing you do.
In which I am advised to exchange my seat on the Titanic for a berth on the Marie Celeste.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Make that the Event Horizon

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

...!
Oct 5, 2003

itsa me, satoshi-o!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

itsa me, satoshi-o!

open your mouth i need to measure your teeth

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

open your mouth i need to measure your teeth

:wrong:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

i how, you how, we all how, for ...! is :wrong:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

no

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i don`t understand the language of birds

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
will I still be able to buy star citizen ships with bitcoin in the event of a catastrophic no deal brexit???

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
It'll be mandatory

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I just got scamed... (OnionWallet) (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 22 hours ago * by chitter99

OnionWallet (ow24et3tetp6tvmk.onion) stole about 1000$ bucks from me. Well yesterday I was in the mood to try out this new thing Bitcoins. I created a Coinbase account and wired some money over to said account. About 1000$, I thought to myself I don't really need that money right now so I can try investing it into Bitcoins and letting it sit for a while. After that I waited passionately for a good exchange value. I got lucky and got abount 0.266 BTC for my money. I still got an old OnionWallet account I used for some time ago for mixing some of my old Bitcoins. I trused OnionWallet due to the fact that they are featured on the Hidden Wiki and I tried them before and everything worked just fine. But this time was different I could thought any problems transfer the Botcoins to my OnionWallet took about an hour. After that I planned to transfer the Coins to my offline storage for save keeping. But just then when I entered my address and pincode and pressed send. The page was blank... At the firsr moment I was like okey the hell, but then on the second and third trie I shocked. Did... did I just get scamed? No it cannot be, they just have a problem with their side. I settled down and tryied again today. But today still loving blank. I just lost 1000$ and I feel like poo poo. What I learned from all that NEVER TRUST SOMEONE IN THE DARKNET! NEVER! I will only use clearnet wallets from now on.

Edit: Hope karma is a bitch

ASUjames 16 points 21 hours ago

I don’t understand. Wtf is onion wallet and why did you assume this was a trustworthy place to send it moments after your very first bitcoin purchase?

chitter99[S] 1 point 19 hours ago

Because I tried it with 10$ and everything worked fine. I was able to send them to my actual wallet. I didnt care about the wallet part of the sevice I just needed a fast way to mix my bitcoins.

But yeah I'm a fool for trusting something like that, never again...

michelleinthebay 5 points 22 hours ago

I lost $250 the same exact way with onion wallet over the weekend

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

...! posted:

I trused OnionWallet due to the fact that they are featured on the Hidden Wiki

:allears:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I realize I have no clue what BTC is worth or will be worth, but I do know most alternatives have a way worse value proposition. We only need to educate and have some patience. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 2 hours ago by Btcyoda

Once one has seen the light there seems to be no way back. So we just have to show others what we see. Don't try to convince anyone, changes takes time, just enlighten others. But if I look at the pace new developments tend to pickup, faster and faster every time, I do think a lot of us will be surprised in ten years time when they will look back.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

we need a death cult smiley

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Franηais.

...! posted:

itsa me, satoshi-o!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

...! posted:

I just got scamed... (OnionWallet) (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 22 hours ago * by chitter99

OnionWallet (ow24et3tetp6tvmk.onion) stole about 1000$ bucks from me. Well yesterday I was in the mood to try out this new thing Bitcoins. I created a Coinbase account and wired some money over to said account. About 1000$, I thought to myself I don't really need that money right now so I can try investing it into Bitcoins and letting it sit for a while. After that I waited passionately for a good exchange value. I got lucky and got abount 0.266 BTC for my money. I still got an old OnionWallet account I used for some time ago for mixing some of my old Bitcoins. I trused OnionWallet due to the fact that they are featured on the Hidden Wiki and I tried them before and everything worked just fine. But this time was different I could thought any problems transfer the Botcoins to my OnionWallet took about an hour. After that I planned to transfer the Coins to my offline storage for save keeping. But just then when I entered my address and pincode and pressed send. The page was blank... At the firsr moment I was like okey the hell, but then on the second and third trie I shocked. Did... did I just get scamed? No it cannot be, they just have a problem with their side. I settled down and tryied again today. But today still loving blank. I just lost 1000$ and I feel like poo poo. What I learned from all that NEVER TRUST SOMEONE IN THE DARKNET! NEVER! I will only use clearnet wallets from now on.

Edit: Hope karma is a bitch

ASUjames 16 points 21 hours ago

I don’t understand. Wtf is onion wallet and why did you assume this was a trustworthy place to send it moments after your very first bitcoin purchase?

chitter99[S] 1 point 19 hours ago

Because I tried it with 10$ and everything worked fine. I was able to send them to my actual wallet. I didnt care about the wallet part of the sevice I just needed a fast way to mix my bitcoins.

But yeah I'm a fool for trusting something like that, never again...

michelleinthebay 5 points 22 hours ago

I lost $250 the same exact way with onion wallet over the weekend

I can't decide whether to be the "1000$ bucks", the "try out this new thing Bitcoins" with an account used "for mixing some of my old Bitcoins", or the "waited passionately"

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
moooooooom knifewrench isn`t letting me be one thousand dollars bucks

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

one of you can be the 1000 dollars he could afford to lose the other can be the 1000 dollars that's loss made him feel terrible

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

:argh: it was in the wiki :argh:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

if you can't trust the person helping you buy illegal things who can you trust :(

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I was just in jail for ten days and this was in the criminal legal newsletter and i tore it out and brought it home so i could post it here, you are welcome.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

I was just in jail for ten days and this was in the criminal legal newsletter and i tore it out and brought it home so i could post it here, you are welcome.

somebody said it

in writing no less

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

thread's over gents

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

wait you can buy a bitcoin for only a book of stamps?!?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

thread's over gents

:wrong:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

maybe the warden put that ad in there and he's loggin yer private keys

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Boxturret posted:

if you can't trust the person helping you buy illegal things who can you trust :(

personally, i only trust math :smug:

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Midjack posted:

somebody said it

in writing no less

Chris Knight posted:

thread's over gents

Buttcoin thraed: somebody said buttcoin, we can all go home now

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

divabot posted:

Buttcoin thraed: somebody said buttcoin, we can all go home now

Wait, I'm pretty sure you're misspelling "Bitcoin" here, though?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
oh i just interviewed an Actual Expert on Internet Nazis and White Nationalists about bitcoin

tl;dr the Nazis don't care about bitcoin in 2019

they were interested in the bubble because number go up

they like bitcoin insofar as (1) they can't get paypal any more (2) they can avoid the jew-controlled international bankster system

but they'd abandon (2) as a concern if they could get back on paypal

so ... good news for bitcoin i guess

the exception is Cantwell, but as well as being the worst piece of poo poo ever he's a hilarious loser who tried day trading crypto ahahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

counterpoint:

but anyway, nazis may not be bitcoiners but that doesn't rule out that bitcoiners are nazis