Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Captain Invictus posted:

I am simultaneously disappointed and happy I was wrong about their method for keeping mizore intact on a summer beach

Also loved the bit with the spreading the ashes, that was a great gag

What did you theorize their method was going to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I was hoping for an atmospheric diving suit, myself.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Artificer posted:

What did you theorize their method was going to be?

Full body diving suit, yeah. I would've also taken an old timey big daddy-esque diving suit and her getting real mad about it

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
They should find her a mad scientist to build her a cold suit like Mr. Freeze in Batman.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

They should find her a mad scientist to build her a cold suit like Mr. Freeze in Batman.

What folklore creature's supposed to be really intelligent?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

What folklore creature's supposed to be really intelligent?

Hmm... well, foxes are usually depicted as clever, I suppose.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Just wait until they make her body out of pykrete

It'll probably be tough to move much though, but at least she won't melt right away

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

Hmm... well, foxes are usually depicted as clever, I suppose.

Ah, of course. A super-genius kitsune would absolutely work just fine.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Tengu, sometimes Kappa.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
At! It's been forever, but there's a new Dragon in the Kitchen!

A refresher from the previous chapter since it's been 5 months:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
That Dragon is all right in my books.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Brought To You By posted:

That Dragon is all right in my books.

:hai:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Sleepy Princess. for fans of round numbers, its chapter 100

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
wow that series is a yikes-a-palooza

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

wow that series is a yikes-a-palooza

How bad is it? The cover turned me off sufficiently to not try it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Artificer posted:

How bad is it? The cover turned me off sufficiently to not try it.
I read the first couple chapters and nope'd out earlier, clicked a couple later chapters and here's what I saw:

Student council president who is kind, helpful, handsome and accepts girl MC's confession? Actually (spoilering because holy poo poo trigger loving warning) he is a megasadist psychopath who either earns the trust of virgin girls who confess to him and then manipulates them into having his way with them and then dumps them immediately after with blackmail so they don't talk or just outright binds them up and rapes them, taking their virginity on a white bedsheet, then clips out the sheet stained with blood from the girl's broken hymen and keeps these clippings in a binder as mementos of the "one moment of true purity in a woman's life" and also after this and stun gunning the protagonist is just told not to do it again and the two MC's just leave his house unceremoniously, not like, calling the cops or anything

There are decent stories that tackle puberty and hosed up mentalities or gender issues or other problems during middle/highschool even with weird metaphorical takes but this super ain't it chief, legit lock up the author

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 14, 2019

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Captain Invictus posted:

I read the first couple chapters and nope'd out earlier, clicked a couple later chapters and here's what I saw:

Student council president who is kind, helpful, handsome and accepts girl MC's confession? Actually (spoilering because holy poo poo trigger loving warning) he is a megasadist psychopath who either earns the trust of virgin girls who confess to him and then manipulates them into having his way with them and then dumps them immediately after with blackmail so they don't talk or just outright binds them up and rapes them, taking their virginity on a white bedsheet, then clips out the sheet stained with blood from the girl's broken hymen and keeps these clippings in a binder as mementos of the "one moment of true purity in a woman's life" and also after this and stun gunning the protagonist is just told not to do it again and the two MC's just leave his house unceremoniously, not like, calling the cops or anything

There are decent stories that tackle puberty and hosed up mentalities or gender issues or other problems during middle/highschool even with weird metaphorical takes but this super ain't it chief, legit lock up the author

Y
I
K
E
S

:stonkhat:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

:wtc: Jesus Christ.

quote:

]There are decent stories that tackle puberty and hosed up mentalities or gender issues or other problems during middle/highschool even with weird metaphorical takes but this super ain't it chief, legit lock up the author

Yeah, like Horou Musukou - it's not really surreal, but it is a well-written and sympathetic look at that issue that's worth reading.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I am sorry I asked. :byodood:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Meanwhile, in the latest Isekai Transporter ...

ISEKAI DURIFUTOOOOOO

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
There's a new Isek-

Mirage posted:

Meanwhile, in the latest Isekai Transporter ...

ISEKAI DURIFUTOOOOOO
... oh.

When i got to this page, Running In The 90s immediately started playing in my head, too
(and on my PC)

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 29, 2023

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Kumika 30

lmao

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Oh wow, that's absolutely wonderful. I think you've forced me to go read it.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
If you haven't been reading Kumika yet, I think you're in for a treat. It's real good. :3:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I like that weird poo poo keeps happening since she's started to eat food regularly.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Onean posted:

If you haven't been reading Kumika yet, I think you're in for a treat. It's real good. :3:

:same:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

RareAcumen posted:

I like that weird poo poo keeps happening since she's started to eat food regularly.
She's slowly evolving towards her final form

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
how to regain your appetite: shoot a frickin laser beam from your head

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Captain Invictus posted:

how to regain your appetite: shoot a frickin laser beam from your head

Can't argue with the results

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish I could take all of the 'I don't feel good' parts of myself and turn them into a laser and get them out of my body. :smith:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Maybe I should buy some sour fruits...were those plums?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Yes, umeboshi are pickled plums.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
Genetically the species of fruit used are closer to apricots, but yeah, they're all in the same genus anyway.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Does that mean her forehead is a second energy butthole?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Our favorite Chinese pharmacist has returned.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/564481/1

Edit: wonder whats up with the new girl?

Edit: I thought she told them to not take stuff out of the classroom. Wonder if this was planned?

Artificer fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 17, 2019

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I read ALL OF KUMIKA. It is very good.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Kumika is good as hell and I think the human coworker girl needs more screentime, come at me

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Kumika is good as hell and I think the human coworker girl needs more screentime, come at me

The xenomorph girl too.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Artificer posted:

Our favorite Chinese pharmacist has returned.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/564481/1

Mao-Mao is such an amazingly entertaining and multifaceted protagonist. The ongoing plot is barely even necessary, she could probably carry that entire manga by herself.

It's also interesting that she seems to be deliberately written as asexual. Handled pretty well, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Nicola's Demon World Travelogue
:kimchi: