Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Episode 10 is here, and with a cameo from one of the biggest hit games of our world today making it's cameo, I felt it was only right to post this image to go with it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

WAR CRIMINAL. :mad:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
People are not going to be happy with Ishigami's little speech this episode.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Chika's character feels like its taken a complete 180 these past two episodes.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Captain Cappy posted:

She's the incarnation of chaos.

Nothing unusual about chaos being chaotic :v:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Remember back when they all played the Forbidden Word game and Fujiwara milked all of Kaguya's sympathy to get her to say the word love? She's always been a politician.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Chika has always been a "my pace" type of character and if people aren't following, she'll drag then kicking and screaming, even to her own detriment

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Cappy posted:

It's always been easy to read Chika as far smarter and more calculating than she initially appears. She's just letting it out into the open now.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Actually, wouldn't the issue be that she seems dumber now? After losing the game of Concentration last week, and now failing to go to the festival with everyone. What's changed is that now Fujiwara can actually lose sometimes.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Chika only rolls 20s and 1s, nothing in between.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

you have to read the manga to understand the true power of Subject F

fairlight
May 18, 2007

this episode had the most insane direction and voice acting yet. I love it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cake is war.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Ishikami went full incel this week, which is a little aaaargh.

Chika: I'm a little surprised at how selfish/lacking in self awareness Chika was, she was actually trying to insist that three other people don't go out and have fun because she's off having fun somewhere else completely?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What you have to understand about Fujiwara is that she gives exactly zero fucks. Girl wants to maximize her fun, the rest of the council be damned.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Wark Say posted:

What you have to understand about Fujiwara is that she gives exactly zero fucks. Girl wants to maximize her fun, the rest of the council be damned.

Exactly. We saw it with the cake too. Where she just came in and ate both pieces.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I would've figured her to try to figure out how to split into two people and go to both.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Oh yeah, incidentally, I loved the juxtaposition between the boy talk and the girl talk this ep. As both sides are blinded to the perspective of the other side, their advisors give well-meaning, but ultimately flawed advice that nevertheless still manage to make them realize what they can do to properly make up to each other.

Also get rekt Chika!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

Oh yeah, incidentally, I loved the juxtaposition between the boy talk and the girl talk this ep. As both sides are blinded to the perspective of the other side, their advisors give well-meaning, but ultimately flawed advice that nevertheless still manage to make them realize what they can do to properly make up to each other.

Also get rekt Chika!

Please bully/do not bully Chika. She is a bad/good girl

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The cake forcefeeding scene is great for showing how the premise of Kaguya-sama is really just tsun on tsun combat in the war of love and brains.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

Please bully/do not bully Chika. She is a bad/good girl

She is the audience made flesh, and therefore deserves naught but brutal death.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Raenir Salazar posted:

Ishikami went full incel this week, which is a little aaaargh.

I had the misfortune of watching this episode with a friend who reacted extremely positively to that scene, in the bad way.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ishigami is definitely an incel, or at least proto-incel. But since Shirogane's reaction is basically "okay, please stop that now" plus the fact that all of Ishigami's ideas on romance come from manga, I see it as the show making fun of him for it.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

ishigami is a depressed antisocial 15 year old gamer, of course he’d say poo poo like that

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I mean, Shirogane manages to figure out where he went wrong and do the right thing by doing the exact opposite of everything Ishigami suggests, and while he's not entirely devoid of redeeming features, Ishigami is routinely treated as a creep with a terrible attitude towards women. Seems safe to assume depiction was not endorsement here.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pharohman777 posted:

The cake forcefeeding scene is great for showing how the premise of Kaguya-sama is really just tsun on tsun combat in the war of love and brains.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
At least the author's been honest. :cawg:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Clarste posted:

Ishigami is definitely an incel, or at least proto-incel. But since Shirogane's reaction is basically "okay, please stop that now" plus the fact that all of Ishigami's ideas on romance come from manga, I see it as the show making fun of him for it.

I'd say proto-incel is right because I'm not sure if he thinks himself as "involuntarily" celibate but probably blames his own confidence issues and shyness. There's an ideological component to being an incel that I don't think Ishigami portrays and at least doesn't think as women as less than human. But I could easily see a few bad encounters leading him hard down that path but at least he does have social interactions with female peers and I think that legitimately serves as something of a brake on that.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, an incel would never be able to deal with Fujiwara the way Ishigami does. An incel would lock on to her as the hottest girl in school, ask her out once then spend weeks on reddit ranting about her.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
And it's known he does like girls, he just has no luck, cause he is shy and awkward.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

And it's known he does like girls, he just has no luck, cause he is shy and awkward.

And, at least according to that scene in the library, has a horrific reputation.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Agronox posted:

And, at least according to that scene in the library, has a horrific reputation.

The bullying and ostracizing he endured/endures also contribute to his attitude.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Also, note that Ishigami, while obviously projecting himself in his arguments, fundamentally hits the nail on Kaguya here: She is being contradictory about what she wanted out of the whole thing. She didn't want Shirogane to do anything untoward towards her because she was extremely out of it and not in her right mind, and Hayasaka clears up that part leading to the initial apology, but she also wants him to be attracted to her because she desires him as a man, which is why the thought that he didn't do anything to her is also something she doesn't want. In the end, Ishigami also ends up solving the whole thing (without knowing it) because his final piece of advice gives Shirogane the means to properly make up by satisfying Kaguya's desire to feel loved by him.

Also, there's other things about that scene, but that's in the domain of manga readers.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There's a whole backstory to Ishigami's own shy and awkward attitude that idk if the anime will get to that basically involves Ishigami having the best of intentions in trying to help someone with a lovely boyfriend and then it completely blowing up in his face for the entire school to see to the point where he's made a pariah. He still has terrible opinions, but there's actually a reason or two for why he's so bitter about certain things.

There's no explanation for Chika however.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!
you can't explain chaos

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

what the gently caress

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Futaba Anzu posted:

what the gently caress

"Okay, we put corn and shrimp on it, but what can we as Japanese people do to make eating pizza even weirder?" :rotates slice 135 degrees, eyes light up:

e: corrected my 8th grade geometry

Mirage fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 20, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Eh, I'd eat that slice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

kaguya.webm