Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Dead Goon posted:

Why would you ever make a Lamb burger?!?! I would say Chicken also.

But then Sheep farming is a big deal in Australia, so maybe it is Lamb.

Because lamb tastes good hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

beerinator posted:

Double smash with fried onion strings and a pint of IPA.

Christ

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
that could make my pain go away

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Dead Goon posted:

Why would you ever make a Lamb burger?!?! I would say Chicken also.

But then Sheep farming is a big deal in Australia, so maybe it is Lamb.

Because lamb is great.

The English think the Scottish gently caress sheep, the Scottish think Australians gently caress sheep, but Australians KNOW that New Zealanders gently caress sheep.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Big Willy Style posted:

Because lamb is great.

The English think the Scottish gently caress sheep, the Scottish think Australians gently caress sheep, but Australians KNOW that New Zealanders gently caress sheep.
Everyone's gotta stop projecting, we're all sheepfuckers at heart. Embrace it (but don't embrace sheep they can't consent (i mean hug them they're cute as hell but NO gently caress))

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

beerinator posted:

Double smash with fried onion strings and a pint of IPA.

holy gently caress

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Big Willy Style posted:

Because lamb is great.

The English think the Welsh gently caress sheep.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
The sheep think that New Zealanders gently caress rather poorly.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Was it just one test, or is there another that might take place?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Gargamel Gibson posted:

The sheep think that New Zealanders gently caress rather poorly.

And I think that the sheep is loving delicious.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So not my picture but I just had the Burger Kill at Bump In Burger. Sorry thread about forgetting to take a picture, I was with friends.

Crazy loving good, easier to eat than it looks too.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

that's a very tall burg

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Love a lorgeburger.

RIP Novembars.

Edit: Dinner

Don Dongington fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Mar 21, 2019

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Don Dongington posted:

Love a lorgeburger.

RIP Novembars.

Edit: Dinner

thank god someone isn't afraid of onion.
That's a solid burg.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Wanted to use up the left over brioche before it went crusty, but also wanted breakfast for dinner.

So I bring you the Brinnerburger (Patent Pending)

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Don Dongington posted:

Wanted to use up the left over brioche before it went crusty, but also wanted breakfast for dinner.

WHY ARE THE HASH BROWNS NOT ON THE BURGER?

it looks delicious

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
We were already getting close to the maximum burger height allowable aka how much I'm able to unhinge my jaw like an eldritch horrorshow, also they are the longer thin Aldi ones, not the big flat birds eye items.

I'm actually impressed how well it held together regardless.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Don Dongington posted:

That looks real good.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

iajanus posted:

WHY ARE THE HASH BROWNS NOT ON THE BURGER?

it looks delicious

Seconding this!

A local place does a "Hangover" burger with a hash brown patty inside, and is served with a "Bloody Mary" dipping sauce.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

Seconding this!

A local place does a "Hangover" burger with a hash brown patty inside, and is served with a "Bloody Mary" dipping sauce.

that sounds divine

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
First time I've had a burger with buns that I baked. That's brown sugar and pepper bacon, american cheese and some good ole thousand island dressing.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

beerinator posted:

First time I've had a burger with buns that I baked. That's brown sugar and pepper bacon, american cheese and some good ole thousand island dressing.

Nice work. What kind of flour/recipe did you use? Sexy bacon too.

I've got into home baking, though because I'm incompetant, I made a crusty roll Beyond Burger:

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

beerinator posted:

That looks very tasty indeed, mmmmmm :)

Jamsta posted:

I've got into home baking, though because I'm incompetant, I made a crusty roll Beyond Burger:

That looks pretty drat good too!!

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Jamsta posted:

Nice work. What kind of flour/recipe did you use? Sexy bacon too.

I used this recipe.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/233652/homemade-hamburger-buns/

It's all purpose flour, but would probably be a lighter bun if I had used bread flour? I'm mostly a beginner baker as well.

quote:

Looks good! I want to try the Beyond or Impossible burger at home at some point.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

beerinator posted:

I used this recipe.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/233652/homemade-hamburger-buns/

It's all purpose flour, but would probably be a lighter bun if I had used bread flour? I'm mostly a beginner baker as well.

Looks good! I want to try the Beyond or Impossible burger at home at some point.

Bread flour is generally chewier due to more gluten but if you get high grade stuff it tastes so much better.

Lightness; don't quote me but I think that comes from how you proof, fold and form the dough - get lots of air bubbles trapped into the dough.
I'm still working on technique as my results vary every time due to inconsistency.

These next gen vegan burgers are well worth a try as they look and taste quite similar to real burgs. Still a bit off on the real beefy texture but really good in their own right.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

beerinator posted:

This looks perfect in every way tbh. (For maximum sperg sandwich construction I'd be cutting the bacon in half and laying it all inside the bun, but, hey, when you have bacon that good looking it pays to show it off a bit outside the bun!)

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
I had the urge to smash some burgs.

1/4lb 80/20 Beef Ball. Smashed on a 500+ baking steel to 1/4" thick. Salt and peppered, flipped, S&P'd again. Added some low moisture mozz. Then topped with bacon on a toasted bun.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

gently caress me running.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

atothesquiz posted:

I had the urge to smash some burgs.

1/4lb 80/20 Beef Ball. Smashed on a 500+ baking steel to 1/4" thick. Salt and peppered, flipped, S&P'd again. Added some low moisture mozz. Then topped with bacon on a toasted bun.

That's fantastic.

I just had Five Guys.

Always extra cheese.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

atothesquiz posted:

Nice! What did you tell the fire department when they came busting through your door with axes!?

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
Yeah, you're right. Next time i'll do it on the grill outside!

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
I was making a big batch of sausage today but it won't be ready until tomorrow. Need some dinner for tonight! Since the grinder was already going to be out and grinding chuck anyway, might as well throw in some short rib too to grind for burgers! Ended up with a 50/50 mix.

Brioche bun, blue cheese, bacon, butter lettuce and chipotle mayo. Didn't get many pictures since I was feeding other folks too.

And my cat Earl helping by reading out Ruhlman's master sausage ratios.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

My man

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Doom Rooster posted:

I was making a big batch of sausage today but it won't be ready until tomorrow. Need some dinner for tonight! Since the grinder was already going to be out and grinding chuck anyway, might as well throw in some short rib too to grind for burgers! Ended up with a 50/50 mix.

Brioche bun, blue cheese, bacon, butter lettuce and chipotle mayo. Didn't get many pictures since I was feeding other folks too.

SA needs a like button for posts

Dirty Deeds Thunderchief
Dec 12, 2006

Doom Rooster posted:

I have tears in my eyes

What was your end mixture? Was it only short rib? What did you cook on?

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Ultimate Mango posted:

SA needs a like button for posts

Dirty Deeds Thunderchief posted:

I have tears in my eyes

What was your end mixture? Was it only short rib? What did you cook on?

Thanks for the kind words goons! The mix was about 50/50 short rib/chuck. Most fancy burgers places add some brisket in there, but I didn't feel like thawing the 12lb one I have in the freezer that's slated for pastrami. I also didn't feel like asking one of the butchers to slice me off a whopping 8oz of brisket. The mix was still real, real good.

Cooked them on my new Saber 4 burner. Thing is actually pretty massive, built like a tank, and thanks to the infrared system, gives legit smokey, grilled flavor.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Did Earl get his own burger?

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Strangely, Earl has no interest in any type of human food. Not meat, cream, cheese, anything. Only cares about cat food. So he was just helping out of the goodness of his heart.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Doom Rooster posted:

Strangely, Earl has no interest in any type of human food. Not meat, cream, cheese, anything. Only cares about cat food. So he was just helping out of the goodness of his heart.

Do you find you have to clean out your grinder frequently during use? Mine gums up and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if its normal to be a pain to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Doom Rooster posted:

Gonna be honest.

Are you sure Earl is a cat? Just eating cat food does not sound very cat like.