Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I know some in the thread go for the King Oscars but I really enjoyed the Season Sardines too. Thanks goon for backing them up. A strong addition to the cupboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Hed posted:

I know some in the thread go for the King Oscars but I really enjoyed the Season Sardines too. Thanks goon for backing them up. A strong addition to the cupboard.

Season sardines are mediocre as gently caress and, AFAIK, Costco only stocks boneless, skinless, water packed Seasons which makes an already mediocre fish way, way worse.

My Costco sometimes stocks Wild Planet (even samples them!) which are better in every way than those loving Season sardines.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Wild Planet is just good in general. Their canned tuna is absolutely top notch. It goes on sale every 3-6 months, so we just buy a bunch every time and eat through it until it's on sale again.

This is the best tuna sandwich recipe btw, it's a great recipe in general but the addition of fish sauce is next level:
https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/06/classic-tuna-salad-sandwich-recipe.html

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
I always wondered why so many of you sick fucks talked smack on the chicken pot pie.. it's because the Canadian one is different (and probably better).
Not lattice crust and it's ordinary pie sized not Costco pie sized.

Also you can thank Quebec for the rottiserie chicken. Canada's thanks for bringing it into the fold is paying $7.99 for it instead of $5 or whatever you guys get it for

Math You fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 16, 2019

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Weird, my seasons have bones, skin, and are packed in EVOO. I can see how the type you’re talking about would be awful.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Taima posted:

Wild Planet is just good in general. Their canned tuna is absolutely top notch. It goes on sale every 3-6 months, so we just buy a bunch every time and eat through it until it's on sale again.

This is the best tuna sandwich recipe btw, it's a great recipe in general but the addition of fish sauce is next level:
https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/06/classic-tuna-salad-sandwich-recipe.html

tuna also belongs in mac and cheese

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Do you have a preferred recipe? And do you eat it with anything else traditionally? Never heard of that but it sounds good, is that a midwest thing or what?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Hed posted:

Weird, my seasons have bones, skin, and are packed in EVOO. I can see how the type you’re talking about would be awful.

Yeah, same. Maybe he lives outside the USA or something. Although, are you sure they're packed in EVOO? Because that's not the same as all olive oil, and as far as I can tell, they aren't.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Math You posted:

I always wondered why so many of you sick fucks talked smack on the chicken pot pie.. it's because the Canadian one is different (and probably better).
Not lattice crust and it's ordinary pie sized not Costco pie sized.

Also you can thank Quebec for the rottiserie chicken. Canada's thanks for bringing it into the fold is paying $7.99 for it instead of $5 or whatever you guys get it for

But we pay 5 American dollars sir, not that moon currency you use.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

Yeah, same. Maybe he lives outside the USA or something. Although, are you sure they're packed in EVOO? Because that's not the same as all olive oil, and as far as I can tell, they aren't.

This is what they say since I have 15 more boxes like this. I hope this clears up this fishy mystery :coolfish:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

That does clear it up for sure! Which is funny because we ALSO get a different version, it doesn't say that at all, it simply says "100% olive oil"

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

therobit posted:

But we pay 5 American dollars sir, not that loon currency you use.

fixed

lgcty5
Jan 4, 2003

Hed posted:

This is what they say since I have 15 more boxes like this. I hope this clears up this fishy mystery :coolfish:

Ours has both those and the 'boneless, skinless', but packed in olive oil. My kid can put away an entire can of the latter in like 2 minutes so I am glad that they have them cause I'm not looking to spend 15 minutes fishing (ha) out tiny bones so they can get their sweet, sweet Omega Protein Bomb.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Costco corned beef came out really good today.

I forgot to put out the dubliner cheese but I guess that means more for me

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
The limit on the sardine sale was 24 packs of 6.
I limited myself to 6 packs of 6.
If anyone is in the market for odd-tasting protein drinks, the Isopure "Apple melon" (not even close to the flavor) is a great grams protein-to-sugar ratio, and on sale this month. The taste, I reiterate, is not a selling point.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

My Costco used to have unflavored unsweetened almond breeze and they got rid of it. Yesterday when I went they had a Kirkland brand unsweetened unflavored, for even cheaper. Pbuc

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Renegret posted:

Costco corned beef came out really good today.

I forgot to put out the dubliner cheese but I guess that means more for me

Made one for a party last night. I was mistaken in planning to eat the leftovers today.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Did a big haul on Friday. Was about out of protein powder so grabbed the cookies n cream stuff on sale for $40 for 6 lb. Has 35 g protein and 2 g sugar per serving and blends alright. Wife got some big rear end pillows she seems pleased with. Grabbed some tri tip I'm gonna try cooking in the instapot today.

Sadly learned the Co has dropped the PB powder.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

SirPablo posted:

Grabbed some tri tip I'm gonna try cooking in the instapot today.

A tri tip in an instant pot... what in the world?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Taima posted:

Yeah I’m not sure what to say to that.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Taima posted:

I'm not stuffed there is a worse way to cook a tri tip. I think even boiling it would be better.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

lgcty5 posted:

Ours has both those and the 'boneless, skinless', but packed in olive oil. My kid can put away an entire can of the latter in like 2 minutes so I am glad that they have them cause I'm not looking to spend 15 minutes fishing (ha) out tiny bones so they can get their sweet, sweet Omega Protein Bomb.

Prepare to have your mind blown, the bones are edible.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Yeah, they're typically around 30-40% of your RDA for calcium. Good stuff.

Also, stop buying those Season apartheid sardines. You're directly supporting the attacks on Palestinian fishermen by the Israeli navy when you purchase them.

https://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/2013/dec/08/fishing-under-fire-in-gaza
https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20140123-egypt-and-israel-threaten-sardine-fishing-season/
https://www.ochaopt.org/content/sardine-season-gaza-strip-ends-average-yield

quote:

Fishing is a harsh trade at any time, but here it is made rather more risky by the Israeli navy. As I witnessed, it makes its own arbitrary rules about the fishing zone, and exacts savage punishments for those who break them. The warning fire we heard and saw is usual, even for boats well within the limit. Sometimes the fishing boats will be water-cannoned with sewage, and the gunfire directed at generators, outboard engines and tenders. Four days after our trip last month, Gazan fishermen had their gear confiscated when fishing, by their account, just 1.5 miles off the beach. Three days before we went to sea a 23-year-old was injured by shrapnel at three miles, after a gunboat had fired at his engine.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

therobit posted:

I'm not stuffed there is a worse way to cook a tri tip. I think even boiling it would be better.

Technically this is boiling it.

lgcty5
Jan 4, 2003

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Well yeah. I eat King Oscars personally and love them, but for a kid whose age is measured in months some of those spine bones/rib bones can be pretty big. Especially when you don't have molars to grind them up.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Happened to be driving by the stco, popped in with 20 min till closing and went DIRECTLY to the food court. Ordered 1 brisket sandwich, 1 cheese slice, 1 dog, and 1 churro.

Brisket sandwich was good, but would have preferred the brisket to be more savory (it was slightly sweet), they pack it with coleslaw which is already sweet enough. Still good.

Cheese slice was a tad dry, but it was end of day so I'll give a pass on that. When it's fresher, I eat the crust, but not today. OH NO.

Dog was PERFECT. Slathered that thing with deli mustard, tad ketchup, tad relish and -GLORY BE- they had little containers of sauerkraut, so heaped on some of that.

Churro was a disaster. A loving DISASTER. HOLY MOTHER FUCKER. Like eating pizza crust that was dumped in a sand dune. I ate half of that abomination and washed my mouth out with my last refill of lemonade.

I can't tell you how many times I've just gone to the food court and never bought anything in the store.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Taima posted:

Listen not everyone is fancy with grills and smokers and poo poo.

Turned out fine.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SirPablo posted:

Listen not everyone is fancy with grills and smokers and poo poo.

Turned out fine.

Ok but like what though? Like how did you make it? I just can’t wrap my head around it.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

moolchaba posted:

Happened to be driving by the stco, popped in with 20 min till closing and went DIRECTLY to the food court. Ordered 1 brisket sandwich, 1 cheese slice, 1 dog, and 1 churro.

Brisket sandwich was good, but would have preferred the brisket to be more savory (it was slightly sweet), they pack it with coleslaw which is already sweet enough. Still good.

Cheese slice was a tad dry, but it was end of day so I'll give a pass on that. When it's fresher, I eat the crust, but not today. OH NO.

Dog was PERFECT. Slathered that thing with deli mustard, tad ketchup, tad relish and -GLORY BE- they had little containers of sauerkraut, so heaped on some of that.

Churro was a disaster. A loving DISASTER. HOLY MOTHER FUCKER. Like eating pizza crust that was dumped in a sand dune. I ate half of that abomination and washed my mouth out with my last refill of lemonade.

I can't tell you how many times I've just gone to the food court and never bought anything in the store.

When you said cheese slice I thought you were talking about an actual slice of cheese and I was extremely confused

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

FCKGW posted:

When you said cheese slice I thought you were talking about an actual slice of cheese and I was extremely confused

The dog was a real dog though. It's not abuse if it's for nutritional reasons.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i think they're confused because peeps barbecue tritip in low and slow grills but they do it for like an hour, not eight hours. pressure cooking brisket's great, and they expected tritip to be like brisket

you can pressure cook tritip, yeah, done it multiple times (w/ a manual pressure cooker). 10, 20, 30 mins cook time, not including pressurization and depressurization

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

MarcusSA posted:

Ok but like what though? Like how did you make it? I just can’t wrap my head around it.

I rubbed it down with a rub, put it in on high pressure for 32 mins. Came out just a bit pink in the middle (next time I would do bit less time, keep more pink in there). Take out, let it sit 5-10 minutes, then cut. I also ate it.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I know what I want for my next birthday

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
boy do i love costco

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
is it ever possible to go to Costco and just buy one item?
I can't seem to do it and most times its well over 100.00

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

ragedx posted:

I stopped by Costco my way home (.1 miles from a highway exit) to get eggs.

I only got the eggs but it took 40 minutes because it was 1pm on a Saturday

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i went and bought a new keyboard there and that was the only thing i got.

well that and all the stares :grin:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

ragedx posted:

With self checkout it's pretty easy to go in, grab a case of beer, and walk out in under 5 minutes. This also works for a bottle of vodka, gin, tequila, etc.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

moolchaba posted:

How to eat 10,000 calories in 20 minutes or less challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

How to eat 10,000 calories in 20 minutes or less challenge.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. A brisket sandwich, a giant hotdog, a giant piece of pizza, and a churro.

Jesus H. Christ.