Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gaz-L posted:

What about the majesty of the Championship Scramble?! (The reason why Brian Kendrick is technically a former WWE champion)

The Championship Scramble owns and I will fight anyone that disagrees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Not sure if this means we're getting Demon Finn v. Lashley or something else (or it's just BS and we're not getting Demon Finn at all)

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/photo-finn-balor-portrays-demon-character-on-wrestlemania-35-graphic

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Finn: I won't use the demon against Brock Lesnar because I'm afraid of it becoming a crutch. I want to win as myself, the man, Finn Balor.
Finn two months later: Guess I need my crutch, huh.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

Finn: I won't use the demon against Brock Lesnar because I'm afraid of it becoming a crutch. I want to win as myself, the man, Finn Balor.
Finn two months later: Guess I need my crutch, huh.

Becky was using it.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

They pulled this twice last night. Once right before Aaliyah and Vanessa Borne came out and once before The Forgotten Sons came out for the Dusty final. It was a gimmick to get fans making noise when we absolutely otherwise would not have been.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Aaliyah and Vanessa both need a Montez Ford. It's a team of Dawkins who wants that?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Marty, PCO and Brody beat the Kingdom and won the ROH trios titles at the TV taping

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Seemingly it will probably be Sami Zayn
https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1107447011454808065

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I mean, showing up randomly like 3 weeks before WrestleMania to get into a mid-card ladder match is a thing Sami Zayn does

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh gently caress, I forgot about the Wrestlemania Intercontinental Ladder Clusterfuck. Welp, that's what BRAUN, Sami, Balor, Corbin, Lashley and I guess Rush are doing.

So we got:
Becky/Ronda/Charlotte
Seth/Brock
HHH/Batista
Bryan/Kofi (plus maybe Owens and maybe Ali or maybe they get thrown into the US mix?)
Angle/probably Cena
Roman/Drew
IC Title Ladder Mess
Boss n Hug/Samoans/Pin Up Strong
Revival/Black Ricochet/Gable & Roode (maybe elimination rules?)
Usos/Hardys/New Day (I reckon the Bar, Nakamura and Rusev go to the ARMBAR)
Joe/Truth/Rey/Andrade/Ali/KO (ladder maybe?)
ARMBAR
Ladies ARMBAR (which I'm gonna bet decides who Asuka's wrestling)
Murphy/let's face it, it's Cedric
Maybe something with Undertaker
Whatever Alexa's doing as host.

Jesus Christ

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 18, 2019

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Gaz-L posted:

Oh gently caress, I forgot about the Wrestlemania Intercontinental Ladder Clusterfuck. Welp, that's what BRAUN, Sami, Balor, Corbin, Lashley and I guess Rush are doing.

So we got:
Becky/Ronda/Charlotte
Seth/Brock
HHH/Batista
Bryan/Kofi (plus maybe Owens and maybe Ali or maybe they get thrown into the US mix?)
Angle/probably Cena
Roman/Drew
IC Title Ladder Mess
ARMBAR

Jesus Christ

Braun is doing a power spot with the SNL guys

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Angry Grimace posted:

Braun is doing a power spot with the SNL guys

He can do that and still be in a ladder match and, I dunno, break a ladder with his bare hands or something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What a waste of a return with Raw/SD in Montreal in 4 weeks.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

What a waste of a return with Raw/SD in Montreal in 4 weeks.

Gotta make sure he has no heat by then so people aren't mad when he mysteriously disappears during the build to Saudi Blood Money 3: Even Bloodier, More Money.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I bet Sami would rather get a WrestleMania paycheck than show up in the place he already lives

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

So we got:
Becky/Ronda/Charlotte
Seth/Brock
HHH/Batista
Angle/probably Cena
Roman/Drew
IC Title Ladder Mess
ARMBAR

Jesus Christ

The battle royals and cruiserweight title will be on the preshow and just lol if you watch the preshow. Main show will still be 5.5 to six hours though

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Angry Grimace posted:

I bet Sami would rather get a WrestleMania paycheck than show up in the place he already lives

lol he’s not going to Wrestlemania.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Also the Wrestlemania Paycheck has been dead since the network started 5 years ago.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bradzilla posted:

Also the Wrestlemania Paycheck has been dead since the network started 5 years ago.

So why do they insist on trying to cram everyone and their 50 year old son on to the card?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

lol he’s not going to Wrestlemania.

If he shows up on Monday, I assure you he is.

Gaz-L posted:

So why do they insist on trying to cram everyone and their 50 year old son on to the card?

Because you do still get paid for being on a PPV

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

So they can say "look how many hours of content the average WWE NETWORK user views!" to investors.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wrestlemania would be a much better show if it was like half as long and they just paid everyone the basic "ok, you're in the battle royal/8 man tag undercard match" bonus whether they're on the card or not.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bradzilla posted:

they still give wrestlers part of the gate, there's just no PPV buys anymore

bradzilla posted:

The battle royals and cruiserweight title will be on the preshow and just lol if you watch the preshow. Main show will still be 5.5 to six hours though

lol if you skip some of the better matches because they're on the pre-show

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
10 championship matches, 2 Battle Royals, Triple H/Batista, Angle/TBA, Miz/Shane, Styles/Orton, Reigns/???.... yeah, it's going to be 17 matches.

I mean, it's entirely possible that there is no blowoff match for some of those singles matches and they just lump it into the battle royal drama. But that doesn't seem likely.

I'd honestly be okay if they left some title matches off the show, except people will be irrationally angry about it.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Astro7x posted:

10 championship matches, 2 Battle Royals, Triple H/Batista, Angle/TBA, Miz/Shane, Styles/Orton, Reigns/???.... yeah, it's going to be 17 matches.

I mean, it's entirely possible that there is no blowoff match for some of those singles matches and they just lump it into the battle royal drama. But that doesn't seem likely.

I'd honestly be okay if they left some title matches off the show, except people will be irrationally angry about it.

Well they need to fill 9 hours somehow.

I am highly considering not bothering watching Mania this year, partly because WWE hasn't given me one of those $1 for 3 months of the Network deals but mostly because I don't think I can sit through all of the boring matches this year.

It's funny because my partner and I got offered tickets to the show and we both instantly were like "Nope, not sitting in a stadium in Jersey for 10+ hours in the beginning of April for that." I am kinda bummed I am not going to the MSG show but everything else I had interest in seeing is way out in Jersey and sold out instantly.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

They could very easily split Mania into 2 9-Match Cards and run it Saturday/Sunday with Takeover on Friday

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Dacap posted:

They could very easily split Mania into 2 9-Match Cards and run it Saturday/Sunday with Takeover on Friday

Oh god don't put this idea into the world

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Dacap posted:

Yeah I think that is what they are going to ultimately going to have to do, or just have off seasons for people so you have SummerSlam and maybe Survivor Series top tier shows where you rotate stars in and out.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Djarum posted:

Yeah I think that is what they are going to ultimately going to have to do, or just have off seasons for people so you have SummerSlam and maybe Survivor Series top tier shows where you rotate stars in and out.

They’re never doing that

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Dacap posted:

Isn't this kinda what NJPW is doing? Granted I have more faith in NJPW being able to keep my interest up for two days.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Best I'd ever hope for is having two groups, with the overlap/hand over period being the royal rumble to wrestlemania. You can have all of the roster that went off season in the summer or whatever make their SURPRISE RETURNS in the rumble, and people will get to relax. Money in the bank and Christmas time are still a pain to manage but they've never cared about that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should run 0 wrestlemanias instead

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Carlioo posted:

Isn't this kinda what NJPW is doing? Granted I have more faith in NJPW being able to keep my interest up for two days.

Yes. We dunno exactly how they're doing it but they're running the dome two days in 2020.

Angry Grimace posted:

They’re never doing that

The Big Dog wants it, it's inevitable.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Carlioo posted:

Wrestle Kingdom is indeed 2 days in 2020. Don't know if that's the long-term plan going forward

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
For me splitting it out over two days would be fine. I'm not sure where that leaves Takeover, if it means merging it or moving it or what, but I'm already watching on Saturday anyway.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

They’re not doing it anyways

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
As soon as they split Wrestlemania into two nights, within five years each night will have 15 matches and everyone will be wishing for death.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rick posted:

For me splitting it out over two days would be fine. I'm not sure where that leaves Takeover, if it means merging it or moving it or what, but I'm already watching on Saturday anyway.

Takeover already ran away to Friday to get away from G1 Supercard, so.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
There are totally plans and ideas already being floated about expanding wrestlemania to a two day thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
They can just rebrand the Friday night Smackdown as a Wrestlemania event and feature some low card matches and a battle royal won it.