Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

E: I’m enjoying sleep-deprived Ben as much as I thought I would: “oh right he is human, isn’t he”

I absolutely loving lost it at that. What a good episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Why are so many FTAGH episodes missing? I'm using Podcast Addict to download and 100-101 aren't there, as well as several from earlier in the list.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Episode 100 is Patreon-only, I believe.

As for the rest of them, my bet is that Hing and Ben do not have great organizational skills

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah the iPhone podcast app doesn’t go back any further than episode 33, which I’m rapidly approaching.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Part one of the One Shot is up!

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Some peak Hing like 10 minutes into this.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Holy poo poo that's actually Gilbert Gottfried

e: I keep rewinding and relistening to everyone's reactions to seeing their character sheets. This is the best thing.

inthesto fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 22, 2019

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Welp, I found out what pingers are today.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I knew the hammer was coming because they posted a picture on Facebook but it was still great when it happened

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I dunno if any of y'all watch Critical Role as well but there's a character in the latest episode that's giving me big Bobson Dugnutt vibes

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
Am up to episode 98 of FTAGH and theres some really good insight into how Ben became Ben

His mom is really into buying artisanal italian soft drinks
His dad keeps a bag of Pick'N'Mix next to the bed in case he wakes up in the middle of the night wanting some sweet treats

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I’m American, but after listening to almost every ftagh episode available on iTunes (just 3 to go) I feel fairly confident that I could navigate any given convenience store in Australia

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

I’m American, but after listening to almost every ftagh episode available on iTunes (just 3 to go) I feel fairly confident that I could navigate any given convenience store in Australia

Well we don't call them convenience stores for one....

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1101713141174480897

Can't wait for there to immediately be a 5 minute argument when Hing is sorted unto Slytherin

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I was pulling for honey heist personally

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Part 2 of The End of the World one shot:

https://play.acast.com/s/dragonfriends/oneshot-theendoftheworldrpg-part2-

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
This one-off didn't do a whole lot for me, but the imagery of Edan sadly crawling into a trash bag full of prawns made everything worth it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SpacePig posted:

This one-off didn't do a whole lot for me, but the imagery of Edan sadly crawling into a trash bag full of prawns made everything worth it.

That and these are two white men approaching the police so surely they should get more advantage die? were strong highlights. Just good to hear their voices again to be honest

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The description of the contents of Tom Walker's fanny pack was incredible.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I just love the fact that everyone turned into raging psychopaths, but Hing just acted like himself so he seemed normal in comparison

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bogan Krkic posted:

I dunno if any of y'all watch Critical Role as well but there's a character in the latest episode that's giving me big Bobson Dugnutt vibes

I haven't gotten into critical role myself, but my wife listens to it, and I happened to be walking by when this character was talking and you're absolutely right, I caught it instantly.

I'm also tickled by the fact that The Adventure Zone's Jenkins, named after our Ben Jenkins, has a kind of droopy dog voice. One of those life imitating art things, perhaps

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Episode 1 is a lot of build-up but boy the payoff

I was WEEPING at how does creating life compare to ending it .

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rodyle posted:

Episode 1 is a lot of build-up but boy the payoff

I was WEEPING at how does creating life compare to ending it .

Yea I was a little worried it'd fall flat after so much building but nope this poo poo was pure gold.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Season 5 has cover art:

https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1107517034915459072?s=21

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
How did the Potter one shot go? I notice it’s been oddly quiet.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I don’t think it’s been released yet, at least it’s not showing up in my podcast app.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The live show was recorded last Tuesday, so the first half will probably be released on Thursday evening for Americans

Also, the art looks like Call of Cthulhu, but didn't season 4 end with the party returning to Faerun?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

is freezo gone or is he the cosmic horror they are investigating

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
I know, it’s just that the cast or live show audience usually tweet or FB after it. It’s been silent and they didn’t even announce what system they were using. I was a little worried that the IP rights they joked about had actually caught up with them.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

eke out posted:

is freezo gone or is he the cosmic horror they are investigating

look in the mirror in the background

I hope they keep the setting a little simpler for season 5. 4 was fun, but the clusterfuck that is spelljammer, combined with the chaos that is dragon friends, made it a little hard to keep track of exactly what was going on. Not that it matters too much, nobody’s tuning into DF for a fantasy story (sorry Dave) but still

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 18, 2019

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Total silence is because there were no survivors left in Hogwarts afterwards.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

look in the mirror in the background

I hope they keep the setting a little simpler for season 5. 4 was fun, but the clusterfuck that is spelljammer, combined with the chaos that is dragon friends, made it a little hard to keep track of exactly what was going on. Not that it matters too much, nobody’s tuning into DF for a fantasy story (sorry Dave) but still

also the cast itself regularly forgot what was going on in the larger story. i mean, they forgot more often than they normally do

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1108956237012463617

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I wonder if jk Rowling will add this to the canon

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

In terms of comedy material it is a tragedy that this was recorded before the most recent Rowlinging

Also obligatory gently caress JK Rowling, she's a terf, hates Palestinians, and a cartoonish skinflint rich person

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I was worried about this for a minute when they first announced it, because some people treat Harry Potter with a weird reverence that I don't really understand. Luckily my fears were unfounded and this was a very good episode.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

SpacePig posted:

I was worried about this for a minute when they first announced it, because some people treat Harry Potter with a weird reverence that I don't really understand. Luckily my fears were unfounded and this was a very good episode.

Reverence for source material isnt something I'd often attribute to the dragon friends.

Also, this is adorable.

https://twitter.com/daveharmon/status/1108999889646546945?s=19

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I love the roly poly Bobby Pancakes so much.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

SpacePig posted:

I 100% expected the Dragon Friends to treat Harry Potter with the respect that it deserves, and I was not disappointed.

e: As I'm making the rounds on Australian podcasts, I just want to say that Cameron James and Becky Lucas are on my Dragon Friends guests wish list. Especially because I'm sure Cameron would get bullied into being a bartender at a vampire-themed restaurant.

inthesto fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

This is a very fun episode and has real season 1 vibes in terms of chaos right out of the gate