Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Kairi should win. Her reign was too short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

I can see Shayna debuting and choking out Becky the first RAW after WM.
This would own.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

outside the four way who is on tv in nxt's women division?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Mia Yim
Aaliyah and Vanessa Borne
Mrs. Gargano
Taynara Conti
Xia Li

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

NXT since it got huge has either had a thriving men's division, a thriving tag-team division, or a thriving women's division. Right now they're coming off a lot of white hot men's division. Some cycles last longer than others, but right now they're probably lacking on women and tag teams, the big tag-teams outside of WWE are aligned with AEW (The Bucks, Lucha Bros) and the bigger names in women's wrestling right now are still building momentum or are still building up in NXT. They've got a massive bulk of singles guys in NXT right now that could be top stars, even after losing Ricochet, Gargano, and Black to probably main roster.

Women's roster could get a boon with Io Shirai, Bianca, Xia Li, Mia Yim and Candace after Shayna and Kairi step up post-wrestlemania too which could make the women's roster the top in NXT again.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Mar 16, 2019

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Veryslightlymad posted:

Bianca is probably the right choice to put the title on. She's at a good point in her character where she could easily wrestle as Heel or Face as needed without seriously changing up her character. That way, whoever they need her to fight, depending on what they want to do with the other ladies, she can slide right in. She offers the potential for the most good feuds with the least amount of unnecessary effort.

Eh I dunno about Bianca having the most credible challengers. NXT made a pretty big mistake of having her effortlessly bulldoze through several babyfaces in Dakota, Mia, and Candice. And I guess Deonna.

I feel like the only peole she could have a serious feud with is Kairi or Io, since she has never beaten Kairi, and the match with Io was interrupted. I feel like if Bianca won the title, she would just be a transitional champion until the Kairi/Io vs Sasha/Bayley match was wrapped up.

I do think the real intrigue going forward is Kairi vs Io, and it seems possible that NXT knows that as well. Them adding Kairi to the match at New York makes no sense unless they are going to start teasing dissention between the Sky Pirates in the upcoming weeks.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I have to say. Bianca has been good but she still seemed kind of unsure for a while. Her match with IO was loving great and I hope they let those two go at it again. Honestly the entire women's segment on NXT was great. I was pumped for the whole thing.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I have to say. Bianca has been good but she still seemed kind of unsure for a while.
Yeah I'm excited for when she becomes confident in the ring.

DarkstarIV posted:

Eh I dunno about Bianca having the most credible challengers. NXT made a pretty big mistake of having her effortlessly bulldoze through several babyfaces in Dakota, Mia, and Candice. And I guess Deonna.
NXT has constantly proven that they can build anyone up. Except Forgotten Sons.

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004
Black/Ricochet vs DIY was awesome as gently caress and the follow up was even more awesome, god drat

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

can't wait until they turn Johnny Crippler heel for breaking Ciampa's fuckin neck

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

No Irish Need Imply posted:

NXT has constantly proven that they can build anyone up. Except Forgotten Sons.

I don't know, I think they have built them up perfectly, since the audience always forgets about them. If the audience remembered them, well, they wouldn't really be forgotten anymore.

Also they all suck.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
They suck comparatively IMO

The tag teams that actually don’t get on TV on either NXT or the main roster are way more awful

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Sanity made a good face team

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Angry Grimace posted:

They suck comparatively IMO

The tag teams that actually don’t get on TV on either NXT or the main roster are way more awful

The teams that currently don't get real airtime are, uh, Sanity, Gallows and Anderson, the Singh Brothers, Slater and Rhyno, the B-Team, the Colons and Moss and Sabbatelli

and out of those I'll give you The B-Team aren't particularly great in-ring but are fun personalities and Moss/Sabbatelli are just generally bad, but otherwise none of those teams are worse than The Forgotten Sons.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

CarlCX posted:

The teams that currently don't get real airtime are, uh, Sanity, Gallows and Anderson, the Singh Brothers, Slater and Rhyno, the B-Team, the Colons and Moss and Sabbatelli

and out of those I'll give you The B-Team aren't particularly great in-ring but are fun personalities and Moss/Sabbatelli are just generally bad, but otherwise none of those teams are worse than The Forgotten Sons.
I dunno out of those I think the Good Bros. and Sanity are okay but the rest of those guys are not my bag at all.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
It's nuts to me that the Singh brothers are essentially just valets for Jinder. Especially since they've shunted Jinder all the way back down the card. So they're two valets for a jobber. That's got to be the most degrading position in the company on a conceptual level.

God, all the wasted potential, even of guys I don't really like/give a poo poo about, is mind-blowing. I honestly think I'm looking forward to the next shakeup more than I am Wrestlemania.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
On the one hand, I'm sure getting signed by WWE was a dream for the Singhs, but on the other, I have no clue how guys their size look at those contracts and think "well, I'm sure I'll get a nice push and be able to get myself over" given the company's history if you're not named Rey Mysterio. (And sometimes even if you are)

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

On the one hand, I'm sure getting signed by WWE was a dream for the Singhs, but on the other, I have no clue how guys their size look at those contracts and think "well, I'm sure I'll get a nice push and be able to get myself over" given the company's history if you're not named Rey Mysterio. (And sometimes even if you are)

I mean, they got signed for the Cruiserweight Classic/205 Live where they're actually slightly bigger than like half the roster so I don't know that their expectations were particularly misaligned, it's just the WWE went 'what if, instead of what we hired you for, you became nonwrestling valets for this other dude because all three of you are Indian'

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CarlCX posted:

I mean, they got signed for the Cruiserweight Classic/205 Live where they're actually slightly bigger than like half the roster so I don't know that their expectations were particularly misaligned, it's just the WWE went 'what if, instead of what we hired you for, you became nonwrestling valets for this other dude because all three of you are Indian'

But, like, they came in as a tag team. And there was no indication that there would be any kind of cruiserweight tag division.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

I'm guessing they were pleased with the number of zeroes on their paychecks and TV checks. Being regularly featured on national TV is actually a pretty good gig.

I'm sure everyone wants to headline WrestleMania, but it's not like everyone is going to be unfulfilled in life if they aren't making it that far. Like, the Singh Brothers are incredibly successful as far as wrestlers go.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 17, 2019

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Angry Grimace posted:

I'm guessing they were pleased with the number of zeroes on their paychecks and TV checks. Being regularly featured on national TV is actually a pretty good gig.

On a 205 contract? With no merch and very limited houseshow appearances? And having to pay your own medical insurance, your own transport and hotels?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A WWE official video talking about moving main roster wrestling to NXT. The one's named/suggested:

The Bar
Dana Brooke
Harper
Fandango

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDbpViCbY2w

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

On a 205 contract? With no merch and very limited houseshow appearances? And having to pay your own medical insurance, your own transport and hotels?
Except they're not just 205, they're also Jinder's main roster TV buddies. They've been on Raw and SmackDown way more than 205. And hell, even the 205 contracts have guarantees which are (presumably) more than they were making on the indies, and they're also getting paid TV fees and house show fees for any show Jinder is on. And he was the champion for like six months and they were being booked on PPVs too. Being on TV and doing house show appearances pays a lot, and even being on 205 is a lot more exposure than almost anything else you could do. Like, they were talking about giving Ambrose a million dollar contract, but that's not actually what he would have been paid it would be like what, 3-4 times that?

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 17, 2019

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

A WWE official video talking about moving main roster wrestling to NXT. The one's named/suggested:

The Bar
Dana Brooke
Harper
Fandango

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDbpViCbY2w

Harper, Breeze and The Bar would be my pick. Throw Fandango in to give Prince Pretty a tag team partner, though, why not.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
PWInsider is reporting that DJZ (aka DJ Zema Ion) was signed by WWE and will be reporting to NXT sometime in the future.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DarkstarIV posted:

PWInsider is reporting that DJZ (aka DJ Zema Ion) was signed by WWE and will be reporting to NXT sometime in the future.

One day WWE will just be the entire TNA roster. Jeff Jarrett will somehow still be champion.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

WWE’s roster is already just the roster of English speaking wrestling in general. A week ago they ran a PPV WWE Championship match with Kevin Steen against Bryan Danielson, and the fans were mad and booing and they just randomly for no real reason whatsoever other than paying off an off-hand Vince comment put Mustafa Ali in the match.

WWE and by extension NXT's roster is actually just ridiculous, they just make sure we see the Forgotten Sons on NXT TV for some reason.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 18, 2019

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Took longer than I expected but a few months ago I posted here that this would happen and they'd swap out TJP for DJZ.

Extremely happy for him as at the very least if he gets injured again WWE will cover it and will send him checks in the mail.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

rovert posted:

Took longer than I expected but a few months ago I posted here that this would happen and they'd swap out TJP for DJZ.

Is this because they have a strict one-wrestler with a three initial name quota?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Rarity posted:

Is this because they have a strict one-wrestler with a three initial name quota?

It’s per brand and HHH is on both SmackDown and Raw so they have room for one more on 205

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/1108472511514066944

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Give us another UK Takeover already boooo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Didn't the first one sell badly?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Didn't the first one sell badly?

No.

The next one not yet announced is in June.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Hype for this Fatal Five Way

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

holy hell Riddle's counter-looking thing to aleister was insanely smooth looking

https://twitter.com/tde_wrestling/status/1108528793529077760

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ProjectCiampa/status/1108535819546046466

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XFL11cQf0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx_zYkeRT10

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
One match but totally worth it. Plus, they advanced the other two TakeOver stories with promos. NXT rules. Cole/Gargano is gonna own real hard. Maybe Cole wins and they do end up dripping in gold in 2019. Who knows?! Dream/Riddle should be dope, too. Please lord don't let Forgotten Sons win next week!!!

Bianca as a heel and backstage is much better than Bianca with as a face/tweener with a live mic. If she wins at TakeOver, practice as champ will do her good. Here's hoping they don't call her up after losing instead. Same with Io and Kairi. Shayna can (and should) go. Kairi's English is getting real good, too.

Kona Reeves, maybe making a comeback? That'd be nice, in spite of not being particularly fond of him.

No Lee/Dijakovic promo was my only bad note.

Vaah posted:

holy hell Riddle's counter-looking thing to aleister was insanely smooth looking

https://twitter.com/tde_wrestling/status/1108528793529077760
I never watched him on the indies, and I've liked him well enough on NXT. But that's the spot that completely won me over.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There's a Riddle vs Suzuki match from, I think, RevPro a year or so back, and it's insane, just the two of them grapple-loving and slapping the piss out of each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
These are in order from the start of the episode
First takeaway: Kairi's spoken English has gotten really good. I swear there were points where she sounded like she's been speaking English for years.
Second takeaway: There's no way to say it without sounding thirsty, so i'm just going to say it. DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN Io.
Third takeaway: Holy poo poo, that match. That match.