Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Only in lakka. I wonder what's taking so long, people have been clamoring for ppsspp and reicast since the beginning, there must be something fucky behind the scenes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
So I've only ever tried updating Atmosphere once before and after crashing immediately I just assumed it wasn't stable yet and went back to my old version, but now however many months later I've tried again and still have problems, so I assume the real problem is me.

First I tried just downloading the newest release from Atmosphere's github and just letting it overwrite what was on my SD card. That mostly worked, but still seemed pretty unstable - immediately got an error trying to launch the cfw from rcm. Trying again worked fine, but that'd never happened before with the old version. Then when I did get into cfw I tried launching CFW Settings from the HB Menu, and found it would consistently crash my system.

From there I figured there was probably something else that needed updating, so I just went back to sdsetup and downloaded the default package, but using that just straight up caused a black screen when trying to launch cfw, had to hold power for awhile to get it to go back into rcm. This is where I'm stuck - even going back to my backup of the old version results in a black screen. Any advice? I'm on fw 5.1.0 if it matters. I'm assuming the answer is going to be to wipe my SD and start fresh, but ughhhhh.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Is your sd exfat or fat32?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Nonviolent J posted:

Is your sd exfat or fat32?

Fat32, didn't want to risk it getting corrupted

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Hmm, yeah I know it sucks but maybe start fresh from scratch, pretty weird it's doing that

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Nonviolent J posted:

Hmm, yeah I know it sucks but maybe start fresh from scratch, pretty weird it's doing that

Ugh I figured.

Farting around some more I found that booting fusee-primary from the payloads menu got me back into Atmosphere finally (always just used the "launch cfw" option from hekate but apparently that isn't working anymore?) but even then it looks like my SD card is hosed up even though it isn't - games won't launch ("an error has occurred"), only option in HB menu is the new "reboot to payload" one, everything else that used to be there like Tinfoil doesn't show. Card works flawlessly in Windows and error-checking returns nothing though, and I can still browse it from Atmosphere, just can't find any of my old HB titles.

Anyway, re: starting over since it seems like I'm screwed, I just delete everything on the card and follow the sdsetup guide again, right? I have AutoRCM so at least I won't have to dig out my jig. Also, I used ChoiDujourNX to update from 4-ish to 5.1 at some point, is that gonna be an issue when starting over?

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Maybe just ditch hekate for now and use fusee to boot?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Welp turns out my apps disappeared from HBMenu because I'm a dipshit and just lost track of them in all the shuffling, and hours of googling eventually led me here and that fixed the "error occurred" issue. Thanks for the help.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

lmao someone released a fork version of Kosmos called Pozmos that's full of malicious code

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
I’m running SX OS and getting constantly bugged to upgrade firmware, to the point of it straight up telling me I can’t play certain games or download game updates without updating the Switch. Am I safe to do this or should I just give up on those games?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
SX does not support any firmware that came out within the last few months (anything that starts with a 7 and above), so if you update, you can only boot via SX OS if you have an emunand sitting at 6.2 or below or something.

This is largely because the only ones who've managed to extract the new firmware keys are the devs of the free Atmosphère firmware, who have developed a program called "sept" that derives said keys from the Tegra security co-processor in the switch. This sept payload is freely available to use for anyone.
The problem is that upon invoking, it displays a splash screen that touts it as "free and open source software" and it seems that SX OS is sort of hesitant to advertise that in their paid product 😂

In the mean time you can use the "sys nand on 7.X+, emunand on 6.2" hybrid dealie they keep advertising, which of course still keeps you from pirating newer games, or you could switch to atmosphere for now, and just download the 'aftermarket' sig patches that enable piracy in atmosphere. Google for "kosmos", they offer the signature patches.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I recently hacked my Wii U and I'm struggling to move all the homebrew files to my seagate external drive. Its installed there, its just moving things from the sd card I'm struggling with.

Edit: nvm I figured out Wii USB Loader. I'm very new at this.

Nerdietalk fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 14, 2019

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

What size sd cards do you all use on your hacked new 3ds? I've heard bigger ones can cause problems

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Breadallelogram posted:

What size sd cards do you all use on your hacked new 3ds? I've heard bigger ones can cause problems

I use a 128GB card and it works fine for me

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Breadallelogram posted:

Much like with the OG Wii, 32 gigs is the largest size Nintendo formally endorses. Bigger ones definitely work, although I think certain parts of the UI slow down considerably. Also there's a cap on how many items you can have installed anyway so going beyond 32 gigs is somewhat limited in usefulness.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

What is the install limit on the 3ds? I know Wii u is 300.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Breadallelogram posted:

What is the install limit on the 3ds? I know Wii u is 300.

I think it's also 300.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

univbee posted:

I think it's also 300.

Yup the 3ds is also 300.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Is there a risk of getting my nintendo account killed if I wii U homebrew? If this is something I worry about should I just do it with a Wii?

Edit: I'm looking to get games backed up on drives.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Mar 17, 2019

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Nintendo never cared about Wii U hacking as long as you weren't cheating

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Nonviolent J posted:

Nintendo never cared about Wii U hacking as long as you weren't cheating

Cool, now to find the cables.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

bylaws, post: 8555686, member: 473417 posted:

Update, we are switching to l4t for android and going to use shield trees.
Currently we have dock, docked audio, bluetooth, wifi, display, touch, nvgpu, emc and fan working.

https://sendvid.com/0crst02s 10fps more on avg than mainline with the same settings (max gpu, 1768 cpu). This is also not using vulkan as it is broken on l4t ubuntu. It will work in android when that is done though.

Nonviolent J fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 17, 2019

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

When's someone putting windows on this thing?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

s.i.r.e. posted:

When's someone putting windows on this thing?

Oh they're working on it. W10 ARM gets to the installer so far.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7WwE3VULeI

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
SX now works on the latest firmware, but unlike atmosphere that makes the TSEC give you the necessary key TX just put the key in so now it's even more illegal

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Can someone give me a quick recommendation for a USB HDD to use for Wii U backups?

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Does this make

Nonviolent J posted:

SX now works on the latest firmware, but unlike atmosphere that makes the TSEC give you the necessary key TX just put the key in so now it's even more illegal

Does this make any functional difference or are you just even more likely to get banned?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh they're working on it. W10 ARM gets to the installer so far.

Is that a watered down version of Windows 10? Or can it run whatever. Can't wait to get Steam on the Switch and run simple poo poo. If it'll even do that, lol.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

FiestaDePantalones posted:

Does this make

Does this make any functional difference or are you just even more likely to get banned?

no it just hasn't worked on the latest for nearly 2 months

No one seems to be getting banned for using their emunand offline and sysnand online yet

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Is that a watered down version of Windows 10? Or can it run whatever. Can't wait to get Steam on the Switch and run simple poo poo. If it'll even do that, lol.

It's not quite as bad as Windows RT was in the W8 days where you were locked to only UWP apps: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/porting/apps-on-arm-x86-emulation

I dunno how well it goes, but it's kinda neat anyway.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Stan Taylor posted:

Can someone give me a quick recommendation for a USB HDD to use for Wii U backups?

Any of them? USB hard drives are a commodity item.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Crosspost from a different thread:

Can anyone recommend a good battery replacement for the GBA SP, please? Preferably one available on Amazon?

This one looks good, but I figured I'd ask fellow goons before making the purchase.

el3m
Jun 18, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Stan Taylor posted:

Only thing to note is that WiiU usb ports are not outputting enough power to drive the bus powered 2,5 inch smaller drives. You need a special y-cable for those that uses both usb ports.

Any wall powered drive should be fine and all drives should be quick enough

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
Quick question about upgrading my SD card on my CFW 3DS:
I want to take advantage of the Amazon sale right now and get a higher capacity card, but I am way too lazy to hack and install all my CIAs again.
If I get a new card can I just copy the contents and structure of the old card over to the new one?

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
So long as you aren't still using EmuNAND then yeah, it should be that easy.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

Flagrama posted:

So long as you aren't still using EmuNAND then yeah, it should be that easy.

I'm on Luma and set everything up in Fall 2018. Thanks for the reply!

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
PPSSPP is running on the switch now. https://www.twitter.com/m4xwdev/status/1117752889328525312

edit: Game Compatibility list.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 16, 2019

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Yeeeeeeeees. Looking forward to some peace walker after Chrono Trigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I will finally finish fft